test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Goodbye 18897741

Thank you for all the frustration,

*look in the Mirror* Grey Facial Hair.....nice
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi all

It worked for me as well.

If any of you guys are on tribble look for me in the Dyson sphere.

DO NOT FORGET, keep in contact with all by joining the OrderofPersistance Chat channel available now. (Spelled just like that).

I'll be back in here regularly.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • d3nd3n12d3nd3n12 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ah HA! Tangible progress! :)

To echo what others are already saying, Tribble is working for me now, as well. I went through the process of doing the "optional" .NET Windows updates for my 7 Ultimate, as suggested by others here, so, unfortunately I don't know if that actually helped Tribble load for me or was unnecessary.

Anyway, hoping to be back on Holodeck soon!

d3n
  • captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yay! Glad to hear y'all are getting some resolution finally. Props to the Cryptic team and to Brandon for keeping people in the loop / being the punching bag. :D Hope they extend the new tribble for y'all to claim as well. :cool:

Maybe next season, Cryptic, a bit more testing/feedback is in order, mmm?
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
  • captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    ok tribble server, first you nee to open the launcher, and on the top right of the launcher window you will see "options" click it

another window will open with a series of tick boxes. make sure the "show tray icon" box is ticked.

and fast start isnt

save, then restart the launcher

now you will find to the bottom left above the loading bar you will have 2 options, one of them is tribble. click on it,

then go have a cuppa while it downloads

Enjoy:cool:

Don't forget they may want to copy at least one character over to Tribble from the account page on STO website if they don't want to make a new toon from scratch.
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
  • bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *cries* thank you!
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yay!!!!! I am back in! Now...why was I stuck in Half-Resolution and can I turn that off?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Too bad we have a whole week before we see this on the Holodeck server.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • maximilianthevmaximilianthev Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hate to burst your bubble but I could get on tribble and play before and after season 8 launched and I still have the holodeck launching bug with the same error codes as you guys have...so getting on tribble isn't a guarantee it will get fixed..since they haven't put anything on tribble yet that makes sure for a fix.
  • niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    Too bad we have a whole week before we see this on the Holodeck server.

Tribble is progress (correct?!). Having to wait another week+ for a patch & missing out on the hundreds of Lobi is depressing. It is just a game, though (says this LTS/Fleet Admiral who has all but given up hope). Happy Turkey Day, y'all!
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    aw come on, put it on holodeck!
  • niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If the fix passes internal testing and makes it to Tribble tomorrow, and then works for players crashing and doesn't cause other issues, it should go to Holodeck in the next patch. We already patched Holodeck this week (today) due to the Holiday, so we're looking at next week at the earliest. Not the best news, but I at least wanted to let you know so you didn't get your hopes up.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Fair 'nuff, Brandon. Thanks for your time & patience. Happy Turkey Day!
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
  • keithcooper1966keithcooper1966 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, let me add my 2 cents worth and say that I was able to play Tribble after the patch. I was one of the 18897741ers. I'm sorry for anyone who still can't get in the game. I am definitely mad for you. This whole incident has been frustrating. And in all honesty, this fiasco is still not over yet. Let's hope that all goes well when Holodeck is patched. Since the rest of the week is out of the question, I am hoping for Monday or Tuesday at the latest. In the meantime, I hope everyone has a joyful and stomach-stuffing Thanksgiving.
  • cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    patching tribble now
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
    edited November 2013
    I'm at the loading screen, I'm at the brightness screen, I'm at the one time code screen code accepted

Admiral we back
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay, just ended a long test session on Tribble.
    Works fine for me, even the Sphere runs smooth.
    Gotta get to find some company, there, next time, though.
    The stuff in there seems to be more interesting than I first had thought.
    And the new tutorial is just right, in my opinion. Even without sound, it transports more emotion as the old one with full graphics and sound...:D

Big thanks to the dev team that works on these issues (as there still seem to be some suffering from a similar issue) - and to Brandon for bearing with us persistent and often impatient (sometimes even rude) Officers. :)

Now I'm just hoping that everything will run as smooth once I get my new machine running...

I just came across one odd thing...
    I had written me some keybinds to improve my space fighting. These were set for the qwerty layout - using the "<" and "Y" button on my keyboard, which makes it a "Z" in the binds to work. But now, I found that the bind all the sudden was on the "Z" button of my qwertz layout. But in the ground, the "Z" button to swap weapons still is my "Y" button.
    Sorry for derailing this thread a bit, but it's 5 in the morning - I wouldn't be able to find any thread to save my life.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
    edited November 2013
    Add me I'm on now kil'lana@cmdrbenson
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • amwolfeamwolfe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yay! I got on Tribble!
  • redandblack1redandblack1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok,another day in real world .....
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i see the ship sale insnt in tribble
    nerf.jpg]
  • redandblack1redandblack1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    more than a game for some, i have some old friends one who is Portuguese, and i can spend time with them and hang out in the game

and I have friends in real life who plays STO and often go out together for a beer and all that we talk is about STO sports and a bit about stuff like women and work :)....
  • mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dyson Sphere is a NO-GO for me

I joined the Battlezone 3 Times and hoooly sh## even changing the Video Settings doesn't help

Freezing (makes Battlezone unplayable) for me :(,
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here we are, 17 days later.

Does Cryptic realize how much revenue they have officially lost during these three weeks?
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • gitto82gitto82 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am glad its working I will wait for it to be on the Holodeck will be next week don't mind waited this long. Just want to say a big thank you to everyone for there surport and good luck in the game. Happy hunting

Chris (gitto82)
  • demonofrazgriz96demonofrazgriz96 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So now trible was fine, when the holodeck we be able for us ???
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for your support fellow crashers, and congrats on being able to get back in game soon (hopefully).

Wish I was so lucky.

Error 25664664.

Intel HD 2000 graphics, driver 9.17.10.3347

Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Memory: 8gb DDR3

Processor: Intel Celeron 847 1.1 Ghz
    750gb hard drive of which 620 is free.

Ive tried every direct x setting, safe mode and even different window sizes. No luck. Cryptic seems to be content in ignoring it competely since 25664664 was the least common of the crash bugs.

Sigh. Still, if (and I do mean if) they ever grace us with a fix I've got playing with my comrades and a shiny new Excelsior to look forward too.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
    edited November 2013
    ryocamelin wrote: »
    The tribble test server works, no graphic glitches or artefacts for me. my main system works with no error. holodeck still gives the 18 series error though. At least I can kinda play, or explore, or whatever. Think I'll keep writing until holodeck is updated though.

i feel for you mate, i wonder what makes your pc unique from anyone else?
    nerf.jpg]
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think I'll sneak in from time to time until all errors are fixed.

Those still waiting need our support.

But I'm sure there's still someone working on this.

Brandon, do you have any infos about that particular error? (#25664664)

EDIT:
    It might be helpful if those who can get in on Tribble invite friends from Holodeck to join them - to see if it causes any problems with the Holodeck residents. Reports are welcome. ^^
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
    edited November 2013

EDIT:
    It might be helpful if those who can get in on Tribble invite friends from Holodeck to join them - to see if it causes any problems with the Holodeck residents. Reports are welcome. ^^

i got my portuguse friend dropping in later is will ask if he gets any probs
    nerf.jpg]
This discussion has been closed.