Install Arc
Options

Sphere Of Influence - Thoughts? [Spoiler Free OP]

Comments

• Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    The tease when the Ambassador gets ready to leave.

Does this mean we may be hearing Colm in the game in the future?

The O'Brien being referenced is Miles' son. The line by Worf was a friendly tease that he's remained close to the O'Brien family, which was nice.

I also wouldn't mind a follow-up with Worf's human brother's kid, since Sergei was expecting a child the last time we saw him. And/or Alexander, who Cryptoc could recast since he was played by four actors. As long as they got Dorn back for the Worf part of the relationship. Would be nice to see the whole House of Mogh.

Heck, get Tony Todd in as both Kurn and Jake Sisko. Tony Todd played a number of roles and is one of those actors Cryptic could get for multiple roles.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    The tease when the Ambassador gets ready to leave.

Does this mean we may be hearing Colm in the game in the future?

He'd be an 81 year old chief engineer. I hear there is something in the Trek magazine about his offspring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The O'Brien being referenced is Miles' son. The line by Worf was a friendly tease that he's remained close to the O'Brien family, which was nice.

I also wouldn't mind a follow-up with Worf's human brother's kid, since Sergei was expecting a child the last time we saw him. And/or Alexander, who Cryptoc could recast since he was played by four actors. As long as they got Dorn back for the Worf part of the relationship. Would be nice to see the whole House of Mogh.

Heck, get Tony Todd in as both Kurn and Jake Sisko. Tony Todd played a number of roles and is one of those actors Cryptic could get for multiple roles.

Alexander is already in the KDF story line they added in LoR and...

SPOILER

He dies.

/SPOILER
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    originpioriginpi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I loved the episode. Having played it three times and still didn't notice some interesting things that were pointed out here or elsewhere.

Some Possible Light Spoilers Below

Also, to the above post, isn't that prominently featured KDF captain supposed to be Alexander's wife? At least if I remember from First Contact Day. Also from first contact day wasn't the O'Brien on the EnterpriseF a woman?

I loved the introduction of the Republic Flagship and captain, though I had been secretly hoping it would be named RRW Temer when it did appear.

I also almost missed the bit with the Enterprise communication with Shon at the end. Good reference and subtle too.

During the space battle my only thought was "So epic! No wonder he uses that every time he gets into a fight."
  • Options
    big68earlbig68earl Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the first time through it takes about 30 min if you read everything and get the extra accolades.
    If you just quick click and run through it you can do it in 20 min. (I times it)
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I liked it, could not find any offensive moments at all. Which is quite invigorating. :)

---
  • Options
    ari3sholeari3shole Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah great episode, i really like it especially that changing colors part.
    And i really want to say THANK YOU CRYPTIC FOR BRINGING US WHALES IN SPACE

SPACE WHALES FOR THE WIN!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E39WWj_RpBc

Now waiting for dolphins to come into space ;)
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Alexander is already in the KDF story line they added in LoR and...

SPOILER

He dies.

/SPOILER

Um, no he doesn't. That was Martok's grandson that died, not Alexander.
  • Options
    roxbadroxbad Member Posts: 695
    edited October 2013
    I liked the story.

Combat was a little on the weak side.

Husker-do makes a nice mini-game.

Got a new boat.

Dorn's voice added a lot in the way of immersion.

Other characters having their full dialogue voiced would've been nice.

As was said in another thread, voicing the player character would be a zen-worthy addition.

Fantastic, visually rich, environment.

Nice job Devs.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And a follow up

Can I please have Worf as my Tactical Officer? Can I? Can I? Can I? huh? Please, can I? Please. Please Can I?
    *bat eye lashes*
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    And a follow up

Can I please have Worf as my Tactical Officer? Can I? Can I? Can I? huh? Please, can I? Please. Please Can I?
    *bat eye lashes*

Worf's answer
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    blackblackwyrmblackblackwyrm Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's weird, but one of my favorite parts was when the Romulan scientist threatened the Fed side of the three way alliance when Shon wanted to destroy the gate. A subtle reminder that though the Rommies are playing nice for now, the alliance that binds them all is a fragile thing that can be broken with one hasty act.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's weird, but one of my favorite parts was when the Romulan scientist threatened the Fed side of the three way alliance when Shon wanted to destroy the gate. A subtle reminder that though the Rommies are playing nice for now, the alliance that binds them all is a fragile thing that can be broken with one hasty act.

also a reminder that roms will always be roms no matter how they want to portray themselves .
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Romulans: Hey Klingons, the Federation don't want you to have glorious battle.

Klignon: You chicken Star Fleet we will stand by our Romulan allies

Federation: *facepalm* son of a **** Fiiiine.

Romulans: Still got it.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A fun excuse to get a new ship and to see the new environmental designs.
    <3
  • Options
    tallanvortallanvor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    just do it,you can get prize!
    lowest price,superior service[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    And a follow up

*bat eye lashes*

I would love a holo-Worf at least. That's something I'd spend some Lobi on.

Particularly with basic age/hair customization and uniform customization. (I am getting tired of my best BOs on the ground, excluding the android, not matching my Captain.)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Romulans: Hey Klingons, the Federation don't want you to have glorious battle.

Klignon: You chicken Star Fleet we will stand by our Romulan allies

Federation: *facepalm* son of a **** Fiiiine.

Romulans: Still got it.

Ha! This, for sure.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    zulisvel wrote: »
    Now we finally have an answer to why the Enterprise-D performed so well vs. the in game Galaxy class. Picard loaded up on bridge officers with unique and over powered boff abilities. :D

That might be an interesting way to improve certain ships, if there were ship class locked BOs. Like a Bridge Officer who can only be used on the Galaxy or the Sovereign.

Like, for example, a "historical" Worf hologram BO. Usable on Galaxy, Sovereign, Defiant, or BoP.

HOWEVER, being an historical recreation, he cannot be promoted above Lt. Commander. Which keeps him from being OP since his special abilities would ONLY replace lower tier BOff powers, making his boost fairly predictable for Cryptic's systems designers.
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I really enjoyed the mission, being able to hear Michael Dorn doing the voice of Worf again was wonderful. I enjoyed the awards from completing the mission and the ship was nice. I am not a carrier person but it is nice to have one in my garage. I have to say thanks to Cryptic. It was nicely executed and thanks again.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Um, no he doesn't. That was Martok's grandson that died, not Alexander.

You really need to go replay The House Always Wins.

It begins with the funeral for M'ven (Martok's son) who was killed on Forcas. At the end you confront Torg with Worf and Alexander in the High Council. After the Council finds Torg guilty and they strip him of his house, he attempts to assassinate Worf. Alexander jumps in front of him and gets stabbed in the stomach. After you kill the last few Torg warriors in the area, it goes into a cutscene with Worf talking to Alexander as he lies dying on the Council chamber floor. The cutscene ends with Worf screaming at the sky over Alexander's dead body.

That's kind of a hard cutscene to forget, I'm surprised you don't remember it actually.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited October 2013

It feels great, because it is natural. More of that, and less gluteus maximus kissing ad infinitum for a certain quasi-faction, would improve this game immensely. At least for the shrubbery-colored parties involved. And maybe even for more, given that much improved flavor. :)

---
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So when do we start building the Crucible?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    You really need to go replay The House Always Wins.

It begins with the funeral for M'ven (Martok's son) who was killed on Forcas. At the end you confront Torg with Worf and Alexander in the High Council. After the Council finds Torg guilty and they strip him of his house, he attempts to assassinate Worf. Alexander jumps in front of him and gets stabbed in the stomach. After you kill the last few Torg warriors in the area, it goes into a cutscene with Worf talking to Alexander as he lies dying on the Council chamber floor. The cutscene ends with Worf screaming at the sky over Alexander's dead body.

That's kind of a hard cutscene to forget, I'm surprised you don't remember it actually.

Well they had to have done those changes recently because I don't recall that ever happening. And I Beta tested LoR in leveling a fresh KDF character from the new KDF tutorial all the way to the Cardassian missions.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So when do we start building the Crucible?

Get your TRIBBLE to Mars
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I love the Clicks you hear in the background of the Aliens they use to freak me out when I was a kid when I saw TNG schisms, and they still freak me out in the mission.

When Worf saw the table, I had a flashback of the episode, which I'm gonna watch for Halloween later. :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well they had to have done those changes recently because I don't recall that ever happening. And I Beta tested LoR in leveling a fresh KDF character from the new KDF tutorial all the way to the Cardassian missions.

Hmm, not sure what to tell you then. Maybe they added it at launch and didn't have it in the beta test? I didn't make my new KDF character until about 2 months after LoR launched and the mission was already in game since I was able to run it on my new guy back then. /shrug

In any case I do still recommend going and playing that mission. It's quite well done. Actually, you should wait until Michael Dorn's VO is added in. I replayed the mission just now (to make sure I wasn't going crazy :P) and his VO isn't in yet. It will probably be a much more powerful scene once Dorn's in there.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hmm, not sure what to tell you then. Maybe they added it at launch and didn't have it in the beta test? I didn't make my new KDF character until about 2 months after LoR launched and the mission was already in game since I was able to run it on my new guy back then. /shrug

In any case I do still recommend going and playing that mission. It's quite well done. Actually, you should wait until Michael Dorn's VO is added in. I replayed the mission just now (to make sure I wasn't going crazy :P) and his VO isn't in yet. It will probably be a much more powerful scene once Dorn's in there.

Well it wasn't there even after launch, so they had to do that recently and without telling us in the patches. Because I played those new missions to get them out of the way on my 3 KDF Generals.

But was going to replay the episodes to see if they did add Worf's Dialogue, but if they haven't added them in today's patch, then that's disappointing. So if they haven't added them now, then it's doubtful they ever will.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well it wasn't there even after launch, so they had to do that recently and without telling us in the patches. Because I played those new missions to get them out of the way on my 3 KDF Generals.

But was going to replay the episodes to see if they did add Worf's Dialogue, but if they haven't added them in today's patch, then that's disappointing. So if they haven't added them now, then it's doubtful they ever will.

There was a tweet from Dan about him doing VO for all of the missions he was in, it just hasn't been added in yet.

https://twitter.com/Cryptic_dStahl/status/395308942353367040

Although how soon "soon" is, I can't say. Soon(tm) maybe :P.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    There was a tweet from Dan about him doing VO for all of the missions he was in, it just hasn't been added in yet.

https://twitter.com/Cryptic_dStahl/status/395308942353367040

Although how soon "soon" is, I can't say. Soon(tm) maybe :P.

Not sure why they aren't striking while the iron is hot. Be silly to wait for Season 8, when everyone will be busy with the Winter Event and the new Rep grinding.