Install Arc
Options

Females & bust size slider problem

Comments

• Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    OP: Start a male toon, give it a female name, move sliders as you see fit. This solves all aesthetic concerns and leaves you harping on the word "female/male" under the character's name.

As for me, it still makes me giggle when I enable my armor visuals and it has to draw huge, shiny cones in the front.
    Sorry, your argument is invalid. Stop being selfish and look beyond your own nose for once. :)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I dont think he was arguing, I think he was trying to offer a workaround solution.

Though I'm not really sure, it would need a stubble-less male complexion, and I'm not sure sto has that ( a cleanly shaven male face, that is).
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So yes, I'd rather see smaller characters gone (as in ridiculously/kid small), as you can't do that with other species either, than to be forced with *every* single female character to be overly shaped.
    I've seen everything from little green men(similar to "the Great Gazoo") to Zentraedi during my time playing STO. So yeah.... I don't see a compelling reason not to allow the creation of tiny characters.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    I dont think he was arguing, I think he was trying to offer a workaround solution.

Though I'm not really sure, it would need a stubble-less male complexion, and I'm not sure sto has that ( a cleanly shaven male face, that is).
    I thought that was the default....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Personally, I want the bust and hip sliders to go to 200, 100 just isnt curvy enough
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    pulserazor wrote: »
    Personally, I want the bust and hip sliders to go to 200, 100 just isnt curvy enough

You and I understand each other.

But seriously though, there are many reasons to go the other way, and the fact that every character in this game has an absurd chest size is well........... absurd.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    You and I understand each other.

But seriously though, there are many reasons to go the other way, and the fact that every character in this game has an absurd chest size is well........... absurd.
    That is why this topic exists. To allow the diversity of female characters the other way as well, for those who'd want it for their characters.

To clearly illustrate the scaling of sliders of busts, well, trying to:

<---5---6--7--8--9--10> That's how it is now - from C-sized cups to cartoony weird oversized ones.
    <0---1---2--3---5---6--7--8--9--10> Ideal state of things, when minimal slider is really minimal sized and the maximum slider is the way it is now.

I really fail to see how that makes anyone at loss. Well, unless they are intolerant people who get offended by other people's characters, which is although invalid, so I disregard them and their narrow-minded opinions. Heck, I dislike seeing weirdly sized busts, and all these TRIBBLE females running around in bikini at space stations, which is so totally not Trek like, but who am I to dictate how someone else's character is supposed to look like, but I for sure want control over how my character looks like :)

It seems they reverted the thicker mid-torso (the thing between "assets" and hips/butt) part as well on Tribble test server, so we are back to unnaturally thin, anorectic females again. I am afraid that the fact that part of the female body is so unnaturally thin, it only underlines the "assets", so they seem even bigger than they actualy are. Same goes for their horribly weird shape from front view too. Wish they'd make the females thicker again and really do something about the "assets". <.<

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This isnt going to get cryptic money... so the chances of this are about the same as Tovan khev being voted the best bridge officer ever.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sorry, your argument is invalid. Stop being selfish and look beyond your own nose for once. :)

He isn't being selfish, and he wasn't arguing and his post was valid. You however seem to be pretty arrogant and dismissive of much of the ideas posters have tried to give you.

I have seen players save appearances from a male character then loading the appearance on a female character to give a tranny look, I am sure it can be done the other way around also. Just save the appearance of your female character at the tailor then load it in on the male character. You will have a male character that looks like your current one without the TRIBBLE.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    seniorkafeiseniorkafei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I see no reason why the bust slider can't have its minimum dropped down. How that could possibly offend anyone is completely beyond me -- there are real people out there with small/flat chests, as the OP has stated several times.

It's not as though this is a proposal to reduce everyone else's characters' bust sizes. The only thing the OP wants here is the option to have less on his/her own character. No one else would be affected by this change, so what is the big deal?

More Options > Less Options. It's as simple as that.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    He isn't being selfish, and he wasn't arguing and his post was valid. You however seem to be pretty arrogant and dismissive of much of the ideas posters have tried to give you.

I have seen players save appearances from a male character then loading the appearance on a female character to give a tranny look, I am sure it can be done the other way around also. Just save the appearance of your female character at the tailor then load it in on the male character. You will have a male character that looks like your current one without the TRIBBLE.
    I do dismiss comments, which are undermining this suggestion just because they feel offended by someone else's preference of their own characters. I want more choices for people, yeah, that's totally arrogant. Please get your facts straight.

As for advices - Yours in particular is bad - I do not want a male character. Frankly, unless you hide gender from the character sheet so that nobody sees it, I do not want a wanna be trans character. I want a legit, masculine shaped female, who doesn't smuggle balloons under her uniform.

People like you and several others only assure me of how bad, narrow minded and selfish some people are, even when literally *nothing* would get taken from them and their own characters by having this, they still have to be nasty and undermining about it.

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    This isnt going to get cryptic money... so the chances of this are about the same as Tovan khev being voted the best bridge officer ever.

Ouch. :D /10chars
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I do dismiss comments, which are undermining this suggestion just because they feel offended by someone else's preference of their own characters. I want more choices for people, yeah, that's totally arrogant. Please get your facts straight.

As for advices - Yours in particular is bad - I do not want a male character. Frankly, unless you hide gender from the character sheet so that nobody sees it, I do not want a wanna be trans character. I want a legit, masculine shaped female, who doesn't smuggle balloons under her uniform.

People like you and several others only assure me of how bad, narrow minded and selfish some people are, even when literally *nothing* would get taken from them and their own characters by having this, they still have to be nasty and undermining about it.

You are being narrow minded about peoples advice and so worried about a label of male or female. You are being arrogant by insulting everyones advice and treating it as an attack and surprised nobody supports you, lol. I never said I am against them changing the bust slider myself, I don't mind if that happens or not, but I doubt it will or if it does it will be anytime soon. So despite after combing through the thread and seeing all your unwarranted attacks and hostility to all the posters here I still decided to see if my advice would help, but just also had to point out how rude you were being to that poster and others in this thread.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Just did a little test with my humble photoshop skills, of what would making the mid-torso actually thicker make with the character. Note, I left everything as it was, only made the sizes of the torso thicker. Left is the original character, right is my edited one.

torso.jpg

So - Even making the torso thicker would make a great difference towards more muscular female. As it is now though, you cannot achieve that with the sliders, as stomach slider only alters it as if forwards, it does not make the torso bulkier to sizes.
    Hips slider only makes the very narrow part of the butt bigger.

So tbh, if they fixed that and perhaps made the shape of "assets" from front view more natural, it'd look actually more towards what I'd like to see.

• Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    I saw Denise Crosby naked in a movie once. She definitely has curves. Those TNG pyjamas just were not flattering.

And this: "Lobbying for reducing the bust sizes" sounds less like adding choices for you, and more like reducing choices for everyone else. I'm all for it if you want the slider to have more adjustment in both directions, but not if you want to adjust the whole scale downward.

I also still say that if you get your way, I want access to the full Gorn bulk setting on all toons. And the ability to change the appearance of unique BOFFS like Borg and Jem'hadar.

On your second comment, the original poster specifically stated that she wanted more size choice in the slider, not to reduce the max.

On the third, well, Borg aren't exactly going to have size adjustments out of whack for whatever is their original race. An assimilated human, for example, is still going to have the physical shape of a human. So no 10' tall Borg humans, just as an example.
    Now Jem'Hadar, I'm less familiar with what their typical, minimum, and maximum dimensions would be, as I didn't watch DS9 all that often, and am not overly familiar with their physiology. And as far as "unlocking Gorn size options for all races, as long as they unlock Orion costume options for all races, then I'm reasonably ok with that, so you can make your character weird & unique. (Not meant to be an insult, by using weird, sometimes weird is cool, lol :cool::cool:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Just did a little test with my humble photoshop skills, of what would making the mid-torso actually thicker make with the character. Note, I left everything as it was, only made the sizes of the torso thicker. Left is the original character, right is my edited one.

torso.jpg

So - Even making the torso thicker would make a great difference towards more muscular female. As it is now though, you cannot achieve that with the sliders, as stomach slider only alters it as if forwards, it does not make the torso bulkier to sizes.
    Hips slider only makes the very narrow part of the butt bigger.

So tbh, if they fixed that and perhaps made the shape of "assets" from front view more natural, it'd look actually more towards what I'd like to see.

I do believe they made the torso thicker on tribble.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    I have tried finding one in there somewhere... yeah, it's nonexistent right now. :(
    marc8219 wrote: »
    and surprised nobody supports you
    Am I invisible now...? :(

I mean I may not understand why jodarkrider wants a female shaped like that, or want anything like that myself... but at least I'm not selfish enough to vote against it just because of that. Options are good. Even options you don't want or options I don't want, because someone probably does want them. Options for other people doesn't hurt you, so why even vote against them?
  • Options
    genadagenada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Choice is always good. In every form and shape and we should all hope we are given all the options that can be given. This is Star Trek, there's no wrong choice on what one wants their avatar to look like.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Am I invisible now...? :(

I mean I may not understand why jodarkrider wants a female shaped like that, or want anything like that myself... but at least I'm not selfish enough to vote against it just because of that. Options are good. Even options you don't want or options I don't want, because someone probably does want them. Options for other people doesn't hurt you, so why even vote against them?

Apparently I am as well. :rolleyes:

Do I think that is attractive? No. Do I understand beauty is subjective and that there are lots of women that actually look like that? My local Wal-Mart says yes. :D
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This thread is still a thing?
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    This thread is still a thing?

It shows that mammaries are a truly important thing in all peoples lives.
    Some people get offended by them, though. Amazing isn't it.
    /Floozy
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It shows that mammaries are a truly important thing in all peoples lives.

Amen.

The whole thread is a little silly though. OP is arguing that Cryptic should support his/her choices and/or lifestyle but masquerading it as a crusade for "more options".

More options in and of itself isn't a bad thing, nobody here (with any intelligence at any rate) is arguing otherwise. But OP's just using it as a shield; "If you don't agree with this, you're against more options for everyone." That'd be like calling me a misogynist because you're a woman and I think your idea is stupid. The fact your idea is stupid is irrelevant - but you're a woman so obviously I hate women.

OP's suggestion doesn't address a bug or add anything meaningful where it needs to be added. OP just likes man-ish women and wants Cryptic to cater to that, and that's selfish and dumb. Besides, can you imagine the work needed? A new body mesh capable of supporting those morphs would be required for women, and all existing costumes would need retouched to support the new meshes.

Which isn't to say I'm against the idea of decreasing the minimum bust slider. Hardly. I wouldn't mind at all if it were tweaked down slightly. I don't see the need to go full flat chest is all.

tl:dr OP is hiding behind options to beg for their personal tastes to be catered to and that's dumb.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Amen.

The whole thread is a little silly though. OP is arguing that Cryptic should support his/her choices and/or lifestyle but masquerading it as a crusade for "more options".

More options in and of itself isn't a bad thing, nobody here (with any intelligence at any rate) is arguing otherwise. But OP's just using it as a shield; "If you don't agree with this, you're against more options for everyone." That'd be like calling me a misogynist because you're a woman and I think your idea is stupid. The fact your idea is stupid is irrelevant - but you're a woman so obviously I hate women.

OP's suggestion doesn't address a bug or add anything meaningful where it needs to be added. OP just likes man-ish women and wants Cryptic to cater to that, and that's selfish and dumb. Besides, can you imagine the work needed? A new body mesh capable of supporting those morphs would be required for women, and all existing costumes would need retouched to support the new meshes.

Which isn't to say I'm against the idea of decreasing the minimum bust slider. Hardly. I wouldn't mind at all if it were tweaked down slightly. I don't see the need to go full flat chest is all.

tl:dr OP is hiding behind options to beg for their personal tastes to be catered to and that's dumb.
    Since when wanting something of personal taste in the game I play, so I like it even more, is a bad thing? Seriously, some people are just beyond any logic. What gives you right to even say what is meaningful or what is not for other people? Do I have to justify my wishes to everyone because you say so? Frankly, more options is better, I do not need to justify myself to you, as to what my personal lifestyle is, etc.

People request things they want in the game all the time, even the graphics additions, new costumes etc, which for someone pose nothing of value, but for some people, it is an important part of the game - to cater to their wishes and personal tastes, but bohoo if people touch female avatars, which doesn't conform to some weird "standards". The amount of hate, bashing and disregarding in this, imo rather simple request, is quite frankly, disgusting. It does not take options from people, but people still have to be negative nannies. Yay for typical gamers' tropes, when females are concerned.

But yeah, wanting the game to be even more appealing is a bad thing here, I see.

• Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, when will cryptic allow for implants so I can have KK size busts. All I am asking is for the same thing the OP wants just the other extreme. If she gets it I should get this too.

Lock this thread. Nothing more needs to be said here. It is a dead topic about a non-relevant issue that doesn't affect gameplay (i.e. bug, legality, etc). Just a person who wants something added to the game for themselves.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    So, when will cryptic allow for implants so I can have KK size busts. All I am asking is for the same thing the OP wants just the other extreme. If she gets it I should get this too.

Lock this thread. Nothing more needs to be said here. It is a dead topic about a non-relevant issue that doesn't affect gameplay (i.e. bug, legality, etc). Just a person who wants something added to the game for themselves.
    Compare This topic of Caitian requests and my topic. People want more options there too, and I do not see any hate there, even though it's "irrelevant" addition to the game, as it is also about more graphical options and technically doesn't add anything to gameplay either - so just graphical/cosmetic additions. I for example do not care for a cat race at all, but is it a reason to go down to that topic and bash it? In fact, if they get the stuff they request, all good for them and I'll be even happy for them. Why? Because I am not a selfish, narrow-minded person like some people posting in this thread.

• Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited November 2013

So what you are saying is all threads on this forum should be locked because they are not QA related?

Okay one of my bridge officers will not edit. I think it is because her chest slider is stuck.
    Now the thread includes QA requests.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Some people get offended by them, though. Amazing isn't it.

Not as amazing as some acting like a smaller cup size being available means they're going to lose their bridge full of TRIBBLE chicks.

Well, it's amazing to adults, anyway.
    <3
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Not as amazing as some acting like a smaller cup size being available means they're going to lose their bridge full of TRIBBLE chicks.

Well, it's amazing to adults, anyway.
    Well, the beauty is, they'd not lose their huge assets on the bridge, unless they wanted, because this topic is not about reducing the upper side, but adding smaller scales to the slider on the lower part. Funny, how some people will kick and scream about change, which would be optional, and thus, they can get their "boob parade" on their bridge going, if that's what they want - but don't force that on others. That's why some reactions in this thread make me really discouraged, about the tolerance and lack of it in the community.

As I pointed out, when people talk about similar, non-gameplay altering changes, which are irrelevant to some people, me included, such as hands, hair, etc for Caitians, nobody goes and bashes... but when female "assets" are mentioned, a whole lot of people go, and talk it down, hate on me, think I want something attrocious and should be burned as a heretic, without bothering to even read the topic in most cases, fearing that someone wants to take their eye candy away.

Did I get harsh on people like that? Yes. Whole my life, I've learnt of tolerance and was always for letting people what they want, if it makes them happy - so when people pull some societal/intolerance baggage on me, I get overzealous. Is it good? No. Do I regret it at times? Yes. But equally, hating on me, because I posted some change, which I'd like to see, just like many people do, is not correct either.