Install Arc
Options

Season 8 Dev Blog #1

12346»

Comments

• Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    its interesting to see story line that actually uses the propulsion thats been established in game to its potential. surely war and turmoil back home have severely stunted potential intergalactic exploration.

there should proboly be limits but on the tech through. like slip streaming and transwarping about is all fine and good in local explored space, but you have to be much more careful when venturing into deep space. transwarp jumps should be able to put you anywhere there is a transwarp gate easily enough, but there needs to be an established destination first.

There are plenty is plot methods to get us to the new Dyson Sphere. The Callisto would do some initial exploration of the Sphere and find an Iconian gateway or maybe a Caretaker like Displacement Wave facility. We now then have a new shortcut which opens up that section of the Galaxy like the Bajoran Wormhole does.
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The communique contained in the first entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series reveals that an unidentified object on the edge of the Delta Quadrant has been detected by the MIDAS array.

Link to the blog.

That ENTIRE communique needs to be translated to a cut scene with the FE series. It's that good.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Regarding where the Callisto is and how much no-time it would need to go anywhere or not regarding current STO space-travel tech: I don't think it was there on a race, it was there to explore new worlds and all that neat stuff I would prefer doing with my ship & crew. It does not matter how fast it could be anywhere if it stays in a single system for two weeks to explore alien ruins.

thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Tell that to the Vesta. :)

It's important to keep in mind that in STO canon we have ships with certain gear regularly going Warp 20+ and with Slipstream Warp 30+. The Warp 10 barrier is no longer valid. A ship cruising at Warp 20 can cover 70k light years in a fraction of the time of Voyager going Warp 9ish.

Cheater :P

Mine leaves warp after reaching the warp barrier. Mouse over the warp scale & read the tooltip:

Warp 8
    Warp 9
    Warp 9.5
    Warp 9.8
    Transwarp 10
    Transwarp 11
    etc

At least it was like that the last time I checked it out.
  • Options
    shadosweavershadosweaver Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    these Voth will they be controlled by us. I.e we have klink, fed & romulan avatars wondering if the voth will be the same as these or will they be another race to do battle with?
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This will be a race we do battle with
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]