test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 8 Dev Blog #1

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited October 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The communique contained in the first entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series reveals that an unidentified object on the edge of the Delta Quadrant has been detected by the MIDAS array.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And away we go...
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That's nice, though I thought we were getting some solid Season 8 info... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited October 2013
    This might be the largest ever discovered lockbox! :)
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That's no moon
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    That's no moon

Beat me to it >=/
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    starkofthenorthstarkofthenorth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Barkley? Is Reg making an appearance in STO? I would love that!
    Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ITS THE TRIBBLE GOD RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!! Qo'nos is now in trouble as millions of battle hardened tribble warriors take their revenge on the Klingons for the horrors perpetrated upon their race
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Barkley? Is Reg making an appearance in STO? I would love that!

That's no Broccoli
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Great blog, nice to see the background of season 8 appearing in a fun way.

Just a few questions:
    1: Content-wise: when did Starfleet send a vessel to the Delta Quadrant? It's possible with Slipstream and Transwarp, for sure. But I haven't been able to find this piece of info anywhere in the Path to 2409. Or will this get updated?

2: A little bit confused: there is still advertising for LoR below the post. I really didn't mind the Legacy Pack picture below the LoR posts. But is it gonna stay below all season 8 (and possible future) dev blogs as well?

3: Does the mentioning of Barclay mean that we might expect some new Voice-Over work from mr. Schultz? Or am I just getting my hopes up too high?
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oooooooooooo looking forward to a bit more story. Always love these 'in universe' updates. :D
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    ITS THE TRIBBLE GOD RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!! Qo'nos is now in trouble as millions of battle hardened tribble warriors take their revenge on the Klingons for the horrors perpetrated upon their race

SYSTEM - You have received 1 x Tribble(doom)
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    gemetzelgemetzel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNN...

Also 'Relics' is a great episode of TNG and totally worth a re-watch to get ready for this new content!

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    That's no moon

Dang... that was fast.. kudos to you sir! :D:D

Very ominous though..
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    Great blog, nice to see the background of season 8 appearing in a fun way.

Just a few questions:
    1: Content-wise: when did Starfleet send a vessel to the Delta Quadrant? It's possible with Slipstream and Transwarp, for sure. But I haven't been able to find this piece of info anywhere in the Path to 2409. Or will this get updated?

They are probably getting inspiration from the novels where the Federation sends a mini fleet back into the Delta quadrant - Starts with Full Circle iirc
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    OOhhh... the Corps of Engineers got to keep the sphere Scotty found? cool!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I thought the Jenolan sphere was an once-in-a-lifetime find. Maybe I was wrong.

Famous last words right there.

I am so ready for this.

(Those might possibly be famous last words too though...>.>)
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    verlaine11 wrote: »

NOW HEAR THIS, NOW HEAR THIS!

President Aennik Okeg of Sauria, of the United Federation of Planets, has announced to the Federation News Network that representatives from Starfleet have begun negoiations with the Tribbles for a possible alliance against the Klingon Empire. Meanwhile, more and more Romulan Republic captains are betraying their allegiance to the KDF, expecting a full Tribble invasion of Klingon space withing the next few weeks.
    A general revolt has broken out amongst the Gorn, who are hoping to free their world from Klingon dominance. Melani D'ian is still supporting the KDF, but there are talks about Orion going more rogue than before.
    The discovery of the Tribble god has also provided Memory Alpha with answers as to how Tribble of Borg ever came into existence. After years of searching for Borg Incursions near the Tribble Homeworld, it is now obvious that the assimilated Tribbles were already living in the Delta Quadrant.
  • Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Barclay. <3
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,108 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Barclay ftw

now... question.. Will it take three years to reach this dyson sphere... and can I transwarp back once i'm there?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    towanitowani Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And away we go...

Woot!! I've been waiting for a S8 entry to pop up :)
    Hi. Apparently I'm new here and joined in Jun 2012. Guess I'm in good company though... seems everyone else joined then too!
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Most excellent ...
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Cool fiction write up, but seriously, Carbon-60? 54 neutrons? I know Star Trek breaks physics a bit, but that's WAY out there.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Cool fiction write up, but seriously, Carbon-60? 54 neutrons? I know Star Trek breaks physics a bit, but that's WAY out there.

To make it easy to reverse the Neutron flow Duuuhhhhhhhh :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited October 2013

Carbon-60 isn't an isotope, it is a fullerene (buckminsterfullerene, actually). It is a molecule that is comprised of 60 carbon molecules.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckminsterfullerene
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Okay, so the U.S.S. Callisto has been on an exploration mission for the past 3 years in the Delta Quadrant (Edit: It has 3 years left in its mission in the Delta Quadrant) -- but Dstahl says that 'transportation to the Delta Quadrant is an issue they'll have to tackle'. :confused:
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    iconians wrote: »
    Okay, so the U.S.S. Callisto has been on an exploration mission for the past 3 years in the Delta Quadrat -- but Dstahl says that 'transportation to the Delta Quadrant is an issue they'll have to tackle'. :confused:

Well yeah, do you want to spend 3 years journeying to the Delta Quadrant just to do a queued mission and then 3 years to get back to your fleet starbase?
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,108 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well yeah, do you want to spend 3 years journeying to the Delta Quadrant just to do a queued mission and then 3 years to get back to your fleet starbase?

pffft... you have the ability to transwarp back silly.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Quantum Slipstream drive, Subtranswarp Drive and Asynchronous Warp Fields, Transwarp Drive, Federation Transwarp Hub, etc. etc.

Solutions we've already had for a while.

But Dstahl thinks we're playing the Oregon Trail in the Delta Quadrant when we already have an interstate highway system in place. And this dev blog more or less highlights that there is no real transportation issue that Cryptic needs to address.

We aren't going to die of space dysentery, Dan. Stop making up fake problems.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013

Exactly ;)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    trolyotrolyo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dear sto team I had an idea on how to incorporate the delta and or gamma quadrants in the game star fleet has just created the quantum transwarp core which is now standred on all starfleet ships it was an idea I had from a book I was writing I just wanted to throw the idea out there I hope this helps you guys I love STO