Install Arc
Options

The NEW 'Disenchanted' - a polite appeal to KDF players Thread

Comments

• Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I didn't bother to read what you posted beyond this, as I always know what you're writing on these forum, anyway, but I did want to address this. PW owns the forum, not Cryptic, so stop blaming them for not being able to write A.ION. It has nothing to do with Cryptic Studios. :)

Then it is your loss, Cryptic should be listening to khemaraa, a long time fan of this game and a customer no less who has become so disenchanted with the game that he is taking his business elsewhere. What kind of a half arsed business are they running here? If I ignored a portion of my customer base in my job my TRIBBLE would get laid off.
  • Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    FYI, this MMO is solely the basis of the Federation Empire and the species they encounter as with the movies, all of the series. Little was ever known about the empire, based off movies. For PW or Cryptic to speculate to the future of the Klingon or what to create, can you say 'flying blind'? For people to say they are disenheartened because the klingon faction has halted as, can you say 'duh!' Honestly, what do you all expect them to do, pull some magical story line out of thin air? But let's look here, hmm you have 2 other factions you can play! Then on top of that, you want more? After Cryptic, nerfed quite of few powers FAW, RSP, PH, the ablative armor, and countless weapons and consoles that were scaled back to appease to the EPIC screams on the forums from Klingon players.

Fact, Cryptic nor PW probably and after 2 years, it shows they've passed that faction a bone or two. But again, the Federation is what produces cashflow AND their pork pie. The shows/movies are about the legends of the Federation, not Klingons. So, until 'Klingon Trek' is released , adapt as I did with 3 maxed out Klingons, a tier 5 Klingon shipyard our Klingon fleet was forced to move over to the Federation side, instead of calling it quits. Children quit, real MMO players learn, adapt and keep something they love alive...
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    koppenflak wrote: »
    When you say OP, do you mean the first thread's OP, or this one? Bubbly is still around...

I meant the OP of the first 'Disenchanted' thread, that's why I said "the original OP". I do see bubblygumsworth lurking around, but I haven't seen weylandjuarez post in a long time.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    abfabfleet wrote: »
    FYI, this MMO is solely the basis of the Federation Empire and the species they encounter as with the movies, all of the series. Little was ever known about the empire, based off movies. For PW or Cryptic to speculate to the future of the Klingon or what to create, can you say 'flying blind'? For people to say they are disenheartened because the klingon faction has halted as, can you say 'duh!' Honestly, what do you all expect them to do, pull some magical story line out of thin air? But let's look here, hmm you have 2 other factions you can play! Then on top of that, you want more? After Cryptic, nerfed quite of few powers FAW, RSP, PH, the ablative armor, and countless weapons and consoles that were scaled back to appease to the EPIC screams on the forums from Klingon players.

Fact, Cryptic nor PW probably and after 2 years, it shows they've passed that faction a bone or two. But again, the Federation is what produces cashflow AND their pork pie. The shows/movies are about the legends of the Federation, not Klingons. So, until 'Klingon Trek' is released , adapt as I did with 3 maxed out Klingons, a tier 5 Klingon shipyard our Klingon fleet was forced to move over to the Federation side, instead of calling it quits. Children quit, real MMO players learn, adapt and keep something they love alive...
    Go read the old forums and see it was not the KDF that got any of those powers nerfed but in fact a mixture of many players who knew broken when they saw it. 100% accuratevFaw, RSP so strong nothing but SNB could stop it, SNB so strong nothing could counter it, MACO shields that gave 90% immunity to dammage but many of the consoles of the KDF where nerfed due to fed outcry because they could not adapt.
    Hell bells, your faction had the gall to cry foul of the KDF even when they where strictly a PVP faction to the point the Devs created Fed v Fed ques just to appease you and you call us whiney for wanting a better level of gameplay for our fandom in the same IP.
    Just how much fed koolaid have you drunk to be so wrapped in your elitism?

As to Cryptic pull a magical storyline out of thin air, they already have. Or did you think any of the current story in STO follows any canon logic with alien ships in lockboxes flown fed captains or the Felk'liri attacking Qo'nos. Its all magical and made up from scraps thrown together to sell you more virtual reality Star Trek stuff.

The KDF could go back to the days of openly harrassing and belittling the Devs in our anger and outrage at still being treated like TRIBBLE in a game we want to enjoy but no some came up with the brilliant idea of bring merely disenchanted and quietly stating our grieviences.
    Quiet that is until yet another arrogant fed koolaid swiller like yourself has the gall to come and rub our noses in it.
    We where in organised and respectful place of disenchantment until you and your ilk showed your true faces again and you have the audacity to blaim us?
    Your sir and the arrogant fans like you are what makes this game unpleasant and have turned into one large fed self jerkfest to any who does not wish to join your circle and share your koolaid while disrobing.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Go read the old forums and see it was not the KDF that got any of those powers nerfed but in fact a mixture of many players who knew broken when they saw it. 100% accuratevFaw, RSP so strong nothing but SNB could stop it, SNB so strong nothing could counter it, MACO shields that gave 90% immunity to dammage but many of the consoles of the KDF where nerfed due to fed outcry because they could not adapt.
    Hell bells, your faction had the gall to cry foul of the KDF even when they where strictly a PVP faction to the point the Devs created Fed v Fed ques just to appease you and you call us whiney for wanting a better level of gameplay for our fandom in the same IP.
    Just how much fed koolaid have you drunk to be so wrapped in your elitism?

The KDF could go back to the days of openly harrassing and belittling the Devs in our anger and outrage at still being treated like TRIBBLE in a game we want to enjoy but no some came up with the brilliant idea of bring merely disenchanted and quietly stating our grieviences.
    Quiet that is until yet another arrogant fed koolaid swiller like yourself has the gall to come and rub our noses in it.
    We where in organised and respectful place of disenchantment until you and your ilk showed your true faces again and you have the audacity to blaim us?
    Your sir and the arrogant fans like you are what makes this game unpleasant and have turned into one large fed self jerkfest to any who does not wish to join your circle and share your koolaid while disrobing.

The post wasn't to disturb anyone, it was to show we adapted until such point in time PW/Cryptic is willing to put forth more into KDF. By replying negatively, shows your discourse take it up with calling PWE or Cryptic, before calling anyone arrogant, the post was to show adaptation because we knew no one was listening then. Elitism, re-read the post.. with the attitude you have presented it explains why they choose not to hear our cry for KDF help. I think WoW can help with that. Enjoy.
  • Options
    jdalton1jdalton1 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Qapla'! I am too sad that KDF aren't getting as much love as the Feds, a pity really
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    caleb143caleb143 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Seriously. If the devs are 'stuck' on what to make as KDF ships, then why not take a look into ALMOST EVERY fan art design on the web. I've seen (on deviantart) hundreds of sketches. Even google images gives fanart. That is not saying to blatantly copy the designs, but rather use the designs as inspiration. It's that simple.
    That addresses the 'issue' of no kdf designs, now for getting them to make more kdf content. instead of simply complaining, how about we actually give well thought out ideas?
    tumblr_o0xkrlVud21uuxsqjo1_1280.png
  • Options
    adon333adon333 Member Posts: 304
    edited October 2013
    It all boils down to this BiteMePWE-

Most feds suck at pvp in this game and the few pvers that have tried to pvp against KDF get their collective kirk wannabe butts kicked all the way back to care bear cloud nine. So, they resent us, they hate us, and they cant stand us.. thats why they come to our side of the forums in DROVES.

They <feds> dont care about continuity or the survival of the KDF faction, they just know that this is where we are.. and this is the one place they can talk smack without getting blown up 23,000 times in game for it :D

-Disclaimer this does not apply to ALL feds.. merely the ones on here and in game pointlessly ragin/trolling at a certain group of ppl merely due to a make beleive faction existing to which they are opposed in virtual medium.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    abfabfleet wrote: »

Actually, the entire storyline of STO was pulled out of mid-air... so was TNG, DS9 and Voyager :rolleyes: And I think you'll find the Klingons had several major storylines in DS9 (Apocalypse Rising, Way of the Warrior, The Sword of Kahless, Sons of Mogh, Rules of Engagement, Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places, Soldiers of the Empire, Sons and Daughters) and plenty in TNG (A Matter of Honour, Sins of the Father, Reunion, Redemption I and II) and I could go on with TOS and Voyager. How many fans dress up as Klingons at conventions? How many people speak Klingon? Yeah, the Klingons are really not a popular choice are they? :rolleyes:

But I digress... we are not asking for massive expanded storyline content. Tweaks to existing content sure, but feds ask for that too.

We are asking for stuff to be put in the C-store for the KDF so we can buy it and improve the cashflow for Cryptic. You, however, fail to read what has been printed and instead attack OUR fandom by saying we should "move over to the Federation side" as your entire Klingon fleet did (really, you all upped-sticks and quit playing KDF so you could have the toys, because that's what you have written) Here's what I think of that suggestion... http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sa80lxVU794/THzu3UdRF6I/AAAAAAAAAQM/-b6CLpEotaQ/s1600/personaje-lursa-ybetor1.jpg
    You are correct... real MMO players learn and adapt, as the KDF have done for years, and we keep our love of the KDF alive by not quitting and playing Fed-side instead. Children, by the way, don't quit so much as throw their toys out of the pram (like quitting a KDF fleet and playing Fed instead;))
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I have had Dan himself explain the situation about Klingon fanbased sales to me in two seperate interviews. The first was during a interview that took place inthe dark times of yhe game when even cups where scarce in the breakroom. I did not give his statement wieght then as my hate for Cryptics abuse of the KDF ran high.
    The second chance I had to listen to him was in the recent LoR release interview. I gave that second time far more wieght and believed his words, understood his point of view based off of decades of marketing data from IPs true owners. I was not happy but satisfied that we as a fanbase are not hated or even set aside without some regret over how as fans being set so aside effects us.
    I actually do not blaim the Devs or Dan, as they do great work when thier hearts are in it for the KDF. I do blaim the policy though that has come to be that limits them on risking doing more for us.
    My true anget now is for those fans who continue to kick us while we are still down with platitudes of " STO is only about the feds" or " The KDF only have themselves to blaim" or " Its only payback for how the KDF have ruined STO with thier complaints" and even the boldest of lies" The Romulans paid the bills that keep the KDF ingame".
    This the arrogant elitism I speak against. The koolaid fueled sermons that do nothing but rub our noses in our prediciment and blaim us for our fate.
    These fans whom get thier kicks in while we are down and then retreat back to thier soapbox of elitism.

R.I.P
  • Options
    alopenalopen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013

We are asking for stuff to be put in the C-store for the KDF so we can buy it and improve the cashflow for Cryptic.

I play all three races, mostly Romulan lately. But I always play Romulan in every ST game I ever play, so it wasnt the OPness that made me switch. However, my problem with KDf is simple. The c-store was set up by Mr. Scrouge. It has probably the worst return on investment of any faction and its not even close. Ignoring the 3 pack ships for a second the KDF have to pay four fleet modules for almost every tier 5 ship they have. The exception is the B'rel, Karfi, Varanus, Marauder, and Guramba. Only one of those is even Klingon and it needs a tier 5 SB for another eng slot :confused: Three others don't even have a fleet version. The last one is a sci boat that is strangely unpopular. It nearly mirrors a Deep Space Science vessel which I see little of Fed side either. Also, it does NOT have a cloak but still has less shields then the fed counterpart. :cool: No wonder all you ever see in PvP from KDF are bugs, Recluses, and Temporal ships. KDF side is very alt unfriendly. I was in disbelief when a Rom captain with the LoR Legacy pack could get just about any fleet ship he wanted with a single fleet module each. Sure the upfront cost was harsh, but earning one fleet module is easy to do when you decide what fleet ship you want on each of your toons. I'd rather do LoR then fork out the dough for a bug on a single character. Cryptic needs to redo KDF c-store in the worst way. No new player will put up with that mess.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have had Dan himself explain the situation about Klingon fanbased sales to me in two seperate interviews. The first was during a interview that took place inthe dark times of yhe game when even cups where scarce in the breakroom. I did not give his statement wieght then as my hate for Cryptics abuse of the KDF ran high.
    The second chance I had to listen to him was in the recent LoR release interview. I gave that second time far more wieght and believed his words, understood his point of view based off of decades of marketing data from IPs true owners. I was not happy but satisfied that we as a fanbase are not hated or even set aside without some regret over how as fans being set so aside effects us.
    I actually do not blaim the Devs or Dan, as they do great work when thier hearts are in it for the KDF. I do blaim the policy though that has come to be that limits them on risking doing more for us.
    My true anget now is for those fans who continue to kick us while we are still down with platitudes of " STO is only about the feds" or " The KDF only have themselves to blaim" or " Its only payback for how the KDF have ruined STO with thier complaints" and even the boldest of lies" The Romulans paid the bills that keep the KDF ingame".
    This the arrogant elitism I speak against. The koolaid fueled sermons that do nothing but rub our noses in our prediciment and blaim us for our fate.
    These fans whom get thier kicks in while we are down and then retreat back to thier soapbox of elitism.

I would lay some blame in the strategy that they rolled out the KDF faction with, not matching the level of content that the Fed's had did much to drop the number of KDF users and stalled the interest of people actually beginning the "primary" toon as KDF and keep the character they played the most in KDF. I understand that they were trying for the "feel" of the KDF with PvP advancement, but it backfired.
  • Options
    capcushcapcush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the one really big thing i find annoying is that cryptic said that due to the lack of Klingon players they are going to wind back the number of ships that are made for the Klingon where federation keep getting new ships. the federation have more than enough free-kin ships where as the Klingon only hope for any new ships is out of lock boxes same thing with romulans even though they are still relitivly new to the game here is from the wiki a link that shows how many federation ships there are compared to the Klingon this need to be changed there are more Klingon players now a days thanks to the new leveling system so show just a little love to us please thats all im really asking

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Playable_starship
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I used to give DStahl the benefit of the doubt-I guess we've switched positions significantly-the watershed for me, was very recent, with Cryptic announcing the push-back of the C-store KDF ship slotted for this year to support developing Voth content (an honest and honorable action-were it not for what happened next...)

and two weeks later they're rolling out the best cruiser in the game for the Feds.

Apparently the resources weren't stretched that thin.

WE get an excuse, they get a new ship.

at some point, you just have to give up, and realize that "we're sorry" just doesn't explain or excuse anything-because they're not. It's not their (the developers) faction, they don't and won't play it (and why not? they don't want to play from a disadvantage anymore than anyone else does), the priority is equal to or less than zero for KDF.

Things you'll never see:

Balanced factions-this will never happen. Part of it is the need to pay for the game, part of this is because you'll also never see:

Developers tooling around Qo'noS or the warzones in KDF ships, with KDF toons, devs running KDF ships in PvP arenas or C&H, or a developer in a KDF ship in an STF. They'll do it with feds in fed ships, or lockbox ships, but no, folks, there are no KDF players on the Development staff-and there never will be.

They'll play (Fed aligned) Romulans, but that's as close as it will ever come.

I said I now understand thier policy, not that I forgave or approved.

It helps me better justify why I do not play or spend time or money as much in STO as I used to in the past.
    I once played daily and took constant part, now.... is meh. The occasional grind for EC and not much more than once a week.
    Why take part when the policy is against you and offers little to entice.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I used to give DStahl the benefit of the doubt-I guess we've switched positions significantly-the watershed for me, was very recent, with Cryptic announcing the push-back of the C-store KDF ship slotted for this year to support developing Voth content (an honest and honorable action-were it not for what happened next...)

and two weeks later they're rolling out the best cruiser in the game for the Feds.

Apparently the resources weren't stretched that thin.

WE get an excuse, they get a new ship.

at some point, you just have to give up, and realize that "we're sorry" just doesn't explain or excuse anything-because they're not. It's not their (the developers) faction, they don't and won't play it (and why not? they don't want to play from a disadvantage anymore than anyone else does), the priority is equal to or less than zero for KDF.

Things you'll never see:

Balanced factions-this will never happen. Part of it is the need to pay for the game, part of this is because you'll also never see:

Developers tooling around Qo'noS or the warzones in KDF ships, with KDF toons, devs running KDF ships in PvP arenas or C&H, or a developer in a KDF ship in an STF. They'll do it with feds in fed ships, or lockbox ships, but no, folks, there are no KDF players on the Development staff-and there never will be.

They'll play (Fed aligned) Romulans, but that's as close as it will ever come.

Yeah this is pretty much how I feel about it, they really could throw the KDF a bone once in awhile (aka more than once in every 2+ years) if they so wanted. Maybe if they actually listened to what the KDF players want and they delivered on it then they would actually have something to tempt us into spending money.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I said I now understand thier policy, not that I forgave or approved.

It helps me better justify why I do not play or spend time or money as much in STO as I used to in the past.
    I once played daily and took constant part, now.... is meh. The occasional grind for EC and not much more than once a week.
    Why take part when the policy is against you and offers little to entice.

You know, when I read something like this from a valiant warrior and supporter of the KDF as yourself, I really don't understand what the hell Cryptic is thinking. :(

I mean - they've already got the base line down great, at least in my opinion. The UI, the gameplay, everyhting in STO is really user friendly to me - this is one of the basic things that make the foundations of a quality game. Then there is their F2P model that is probably the most generous one in the industry.

And then.....when it comes to the factions, they flop. I just don't understand it, it's like they're off to a great start, they make a fun game.....and they flop. :confused: Maybe it's just me, but I simply don't understand it.

It seems like they've never seen what factions are like in any other games, especially competitors to STO. Factions in MMOs are meant to be equal. It's meant to entertain the people who want to do/see things from "this" or "that" perspective. Over here the factions are a mess. There is one "main" faction (which in a game with multiple factions is ridiculos), then there is another faction (the KDF) which gets satisfied with crums (show me any other multi-faction quality title that has such discrepancies between the factions) and now there are the Romulans, which are not a faction of their own technically (which I really believed they would be even with the alliance system untill I reached lvl 50 and have everyone calling my Romulan "Starfleet") but still enjoy the popularity of being OP.
    And I will not buy the "Romulans had to be like this due to game engine" unless a Dev. comes in a thread and tells me "Look Shpoks, our game engine rally can't sustain 3-way PvP and 3 factions. Seriously.".

Yes, the popular "KDF does not make enough money". I don't buy the "There's only 20% of Klingon fans at conferences" thing. This is an MMO, it's not a confernce or a TV show. And from what I can read on these forums, more the half of the people don't have a clear idea of what Star Trek actually is. Gamers, give them quality experience and give them enough content and they won't be basing their choice on "The Federation is the hero faction" because they wouldn't care.
    The truth of the matter is that if the KDF was created equal as the Fed. faction there would be at least 35% vs 65% of player dispersion and that is being sceptical. Personally I'd say 60%-40% only because the Feds have Humans. If the Romulans were also made equal, they'd probably bring it to 40-30-30 or at least 50-30-20.

The sad truth is that KDF didn't make money because it has less players than Fed, which is a direct consequence of turning the KDF into PvP faction due to lack of time at launch and then allowing Fed vs. Fed PvP afterwards. Then lock the KDF behind 25 levels of Fed. gameplay. And make the content they have 50% less than the Federation, while being badly copy-pasted Fed. content as well. Ofcourse less players will play it.

Then came LoR, the long awaited filling out the KDF to become a full faction. Sadly though, LoR also brought the largest power creep in STO to this date, in which the KDF had no part. So again, not many people play KDF. Are you really suprised? What players would want to gimp themselves on purpose by playing KDF unless they're part of the group of hardcore KDF fans? Yes Cryptic finally made the KDF a full experience, but left the KDF in Feb. 2012 when it comes to competitive end-game gameplay. Are you suprised that not many people came over Cryptic? I hoped that having the STO team doubled would aleviate some of these issues, but it clearly has not yet.

But the things that puzzle the hell out of me the most are these:
    - When they make Klignon content, it's epic. But this only happens once in a blue moon.
    - When they make Klingon ships, they're awesome. But it happens once in a blue moon.
    - When they make Klingon armors, they're epic. But it happens once in a blue moon.
    - When they make anything KDF, it seems much more Star Trek than anything else.

They're obviously very good at it, why don't they do more? I have always wondered this. I always thought that making KDF stuff as little as it is, is one of Cryptic's strong points.

Meh, sorry about this rather large rant it turned out to be. It's just that I see so much more potential in STO than it has achieved so far.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of those people that just wanted a full faction experience as KDF and I am really glad to have it with LoR. Personally, I very much enjoy the KDF faction, especially now when I have characters that went through the whole experience and the new tutorial and awesome missions. I don't really care about ships too much, I love using my Bortasqu'. I'm just talking from a perspective to make the KDF grow and have sustainable number of players, which is not that hard as some people make it sound.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    hawke89305092hawke89305092 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I really wonder why Cryptic doesn't simply release some 5 tac console, 5 fore weapon monstrosity for the KDF with stats at least on par with the Scimitar. Surely they would make their money back by virtue of the fact it would outclass the ships all KDF characters already have. Then, others in their Avenger or Scimitar would see the stats and want it - regardless of the fact it's Klingon, and so they would have to play the Klingon faction, which would bolster numbers and bring in the pretty pretty money...

That wouldn't be too much work, surely?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Because...it's for the KDF. That is why they won't.

Mark my words. Now that the feds have a battle cruiser more klingon than anything we klingons have the BoP is the next thing to go fed....... We should have a title saying "Disapeering" rather than disenchanted as thats the only thing Cryptic has in mind for us....to sell us off to the the feds piece by piece until Qo'nos become a theme park.

R.I.P
  • Options
    alopenalopen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Mark my words. Now that the feds have a battle cruiser more klingon than anything we klingons have the BoP is the next thing to go fed....... We should have a title saying "Disapeering" rather than disenchanted as thats the only thing Cryptic has in mind for us....to sell us off to the the feds piece by piece until Qo'nos become a theme park.

Heh, if Feds flew them today for the first time with all the recent power creep, they'd hate them. The BOPs are woefully ill-equipped to compete at anything other than hit and run which they're not even the best at anymore. All universal boff slots are a bit over rated outside of the B'rel.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    alopen wrote: »
    Heh, if Feds flew them today for the first time with all the recent power creep, they'd hate them. The BOPs are woefully ill-equipped to compete at anything other than hit and run which they're not even the best at anymore. All universal boff slots are a bit over rated outside of the B'rel.

Indeed. The complaints could be heard from Qo'nos if that truly happened. I could see it:

"This ship is SO squishy, buff it's hull and shields!"
    "Romulan ships are so much better, why does this one suck so badly?"

And so on.

Of course, people who knew how to play such ships would still be just as skilled, or become skilled at it, and those who can't play with it well probably wouldn't change.

There would also be a lot of people playing this new 'BoP' purely for the sake of being able to 'punish' Klingon players, PvP-wise of course, for all those years of having 'overpowered BoPs' and such. Which if anything is very childish to act so vengefully over a game, and I've seen a lot of that since LoR with so many people making Romulan toons, going Fed-aligned for that very reason.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Before last week I would have dismissed bitemepwe's bold prediction. Reasoning being that the concept of a Starfleet battlecruiser that is better than any KDF BC, that can use a cloaking device even, is antithetical to what Starfleet is supposed to be about.

But now... I don't think you can get anything so quintessentially Klingon as the Bird-of-Prey. So maybe they won't go that far. But then again, if you can get Scimitars when you're part of a tiny little one-planet faction that hasn't got the shipyards or resources to mass produce giant capships, and one in which uses banned and illegal weaponry because lol who cares amirite, anything's possible.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

I'm afraid you might be right on this one. Ever since reading Stahl's statement that he's looking forward to players being able to fly all the kinds of ships next spring, I had that same thought in the back of my head. That was before the Fed. battlecruiser.
    Some Feds., as you would expect, immediately jumped with "hell yeah I want to fly a BoP on my Starfleet char!". *facepalm* I said it even back then, that may as well be my breaking point with this game. If Cryptic doesn't do something incredibly stupid meanwhile, like....I don't know, dinosaurs with frickin' lasers on their heads. :rolleyes: It feels like this is all turning into a bad joke.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Indeed. The complaints could be heard from Qo'nos if that truly happened. I could see it:

"This ship is SO squishy, buff it's hull and shields!"
    "Romulan ships are so much better, why does this one suck so badly?"

And so on.

Of course, people who knew how to play such ships would still be just as skilled, or become skilled at it, and those who can't play with it well probably wouldn't change.

There would also be a lot of people playing this new 'BoP' purely for the sake of being able to 'punish' Klingon players, PvP-wise of course, for all those years of having 'overpowered BoPs' and such. Which if anything is very childish to act so vengefully over a game, and I've seen a lot of that since LoR with so many people making Romulan toons, going Fed-aligned for that very reason.

yeah but usually when something KDF is given to the feds they make it better and/or fix it. Like carriers for example, people reported pet bugs for literally years and the only time the devs bother to fix it is when the feds get a carrier.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    I'm afraid you might be right on this one. Ever since reading Stahl's statement that he's looking forward to players being able to fly all the kinds of ships next spring, I had that same thought in the back of my head. That was before the Fed. battlecruiser.
    Some Feds., as you would expect, immediately jumped with "hell yeah I want to fly a BoP on my Starfleet char!". *facepalm* I said it even back then, that may as well be my breaking point with this game. If Cryptic doesn't do something incredibly stupid meanwhile, like....I don't know, dinosaurs with frickin' lasers on their heads. :rolleyes: It feels like this is all turning into a bad joke.

Cryptic passed by stupid ages ago when they released all manner of alien lockbox ships and started diluting the canon setting of the IP put forth by Roddenbery and the only joke in STO has been pulled on us KDF.
    After a night of comisuration and hard looking, all I can say is that the ugly cycle of blatantIP destroying money grabbing will continue to the point that oneday even the hardcore fedfans will look upon STO with the thought, "WTF!?!" and wonder where thier beloved Star Trek disapeered leaving STO to be nothing more than a pathetic reflection of yhe the once beloved IP.
    The Klingons will no longer exist by then, having long since been completely sold off to the feds.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    zipagat wrote: »
    yeah but usually when something KDF is given to the feds they make it better and/or fix it. Like carriers for example, people reported pet bugs for literally years and the only time the devs bother to fix it is when the feds get a carrier.

Exactly. The fed fanbase does not have the stones to accept anything less powerful and would not pay for anu ships if they where as poorly designed as oirs have become.
    The feds are the reason this game has power creep that worsens with every release. Cryptics self defeating need to make the next release mote powerful than the last to keep the feds shellimg out money to keep up with an ever growing curve of power.
    If this new Nehhvar is anything more than another TRIBBLE poor attempt Ill eat day old gagh.

R.I.P
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Stealing a post I made on another thread as its relevant:

Haven't you guys figured it out yet?

the kdf is the enemy of the feds

Now we all know the feds get everything and the kdf get more shafts than a north sea oil field

why?

simple really - the kdf are underdeveloped to provide instant gratification to the fed players

The only reason we have a semblence of balance is as they need players to play kdf to give the fed pvp whales something to shoot and gain gratification - its in the intrests of the game to keep the kdf as it is as the feds pay money to basically have the instant gratification of destroying an enemy player via the latest and greatest gear

The Romulans were fed orientated from the start, offering everything a fed wanted and none of the balanced drawback the kdf surffered

On the other hand, we have the die hard kdf players who either want to tryto prove their skills via a 'handicap' or ones that just don't care about being destroyed (and of course the kdf roms, who like the kdf but 'go where the money is' sotospeak)

Simply put - the weaker the kdf is, the more gratification is translated to sales via the feds - but its a balancing act to maintain a kdf population of targets - thus expect some bones to be thrown, but don't expect anything close to fed/fedrom balance

I hate to say it, but crypto/pwe are playing some high level mind games with the kdf faction as the sacrificial goat
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Simple reason why the KDF don't get content...

The Dev's only plays either as the Federation or Fedmulans, thats the reason why the KDF barely get no new content... the Dev's create stuff for the only faction they play as... anything they can't use or can't play as, is not useful for them at all. :(

i just wished that Cryptic would be unbias like many MMO game studios on their games out there, when it comes to balancing factions.
  • Options
    sechserpackungsechserpackung Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Exactly. The fed fanbase does not have the stones to accept anything less powerful and would not pay for anu ships if they where as poorly designed as oirs have become.
    The feds are the reason this game has power creep that worsens with every release. Cryptics self defeating need to make the next release mote powerful than the last to keep the feds shellimg out money to keep up with an ever growing curve of power.
    If this new Nehhvar is anything more than another TRIBBLE poor attempt Ill eat day old gagh.

IB4

6/3
    12 Turn
    4/2/5

Neg Var ^.^