Install Arc
Options

What I was expecting of the Dyson Sphere missions and maps

123457»

Comments

• Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Clearly that's not the case since there are plenty of people who do know what "concept" means, but are confused by the notion of "concept art."

I don't believe that's clear at all. I think all that's been demonstrated is that there are a few people who don't know what 'concept art' is, and by extension, have a poor understanding of the word 'concept.'
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    No shapes have been bent. I'm not annoyed, just confused by the conclusions people jump to.

I feel like we are walking in a straight line, on the sidewalk, and people keep jumping out and yelling at us to not run into traffic.

"Uh. . . we weren't. . . ???"

While everyone else wants to bicker over the definition of concept art, do YOU at least understand what Im describing? I took away your curvature inside one space map dressed as ground and presented an alternative, but asking for four different huge maps oriented 4 different ways. Maybe you refuse on the fact of too much work, but is my suggestion as equally feasible as whatever approach you guys are already taking?
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • Options
    purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    I don't believe that's clear at all. I think all that's been demonstrated is that there are a few people who don't know what 'concept art' is, and by extension, have a poor understanding of the word 'concept.'

It's quite possible for someone to understand "concept," but be puzzled by "concept art." I believe it's been demonstrated in this thread. Given that we have examples of concept art that virtually matches the final product, it's not difficult to conclude that someone could easily develop the false impression that in-game content must match the concept art.

Do you disagree?
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    While everyone else wants to bicker over the definition of concept art, do YOU at least understand what Im describing? I took away your curvature inside one space map dressed as ground and presented an alternative, but asking for four different huge maps oriented 4 different ways. Maybe you refuse on the fact of too much work, but is my suggestion as equally feasible as whatever approach you guys are already taking?

I understand what you're talking about. That is not a route we are headed at the moment. Personally, I think that would be confusing/disorienting to many players. It's really no more difficult than creating one though.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    23-2013, 04:40 PM
    Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
    Instead of whining, ranting, and griping, they should ask questions. Whiners, ranters, and gripers do not deserve my patience.
    It's a good thing they're not here to conform to your patience then. ;)

The OP left?
  • Options
    milandaremilandare Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    No shapes have been bent. I'm not annoyed, just confused by the conclusions people jump to.

I feel like we are walking in a straight line, on the sidewalk, and people keep jumping out and yelling at us to not run into traffic.

"Uh. . . we weren't. . . ???"

Maybe 'people' are from suburbs of Denver or Houston. I've slowed down traffic to a crawl when walking on footpaths, nay, sidewalks in both places. Admittedly I never saw anyone else use the sidewalks, it's quite an ominous thing to do.
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so....what do you suppose happens at the end of a sphere's life when the star goes nova ?

is it practical to dismantle the thing ?

does it turn into a huge frag grenade ?

does the technology of the civilization have the ability to turn the star directly into a black hole before it goes nova ? therfore it cleans up it's own mess.

can they split it into halves and make it mobile in order to recapture another star ?

.... things that make you go, hmmmmm. :rolleyes: