test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway - Day 2 [Now Complete]

Comments

• beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mjaybird wrote: »
    Free TOS Tunic. This means the KDF can't use it or gets a free item. Why does Cryptic leave out KDF during events like this

lol u know i find this funny kdfs well get the ships and even the T5 ship if that is what it is for friday otherwise technally the only faction that gets screwed worse then kdf is the rommys aside from the lower tier ships we got no costumes so just need wait and see.

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    genhauk wrote: »
    I know a lot of people not only in this boat (me as one) but also who want something NOT Federation faction oriented.

A wise Klingon warrior once told me "You'll receive nothing and like it".
    :)

I like reasons to play something else.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • annahmaria1annahmaria1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can use the TOS Medical skirt, or the regular TOS skirt.

yeah but to do that you have to spend zen credits for it....I was wondering why the skirts never came with this set because (other than the original pilot) I never saw female officers wear trousers.....I could be wrong tho.

But to your other comment...yes, it appears the Ferengi now runs Starfleet.

Could you imagine having to spend money on your own uniforms and gear in Starfleet?
  • nakedcrooknakedcrook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    packer3434 wrote: »
    Check Brandon's reply in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=824131

Even if they are loyal to that assertion (which I doubt they will be, despite the so called confirmation), it will be any number of three ships that are essentially garbage to the end game players. Either the B'Roth, Qaw'Dun, or the To'duj. I seriously doubt it will be a ship over 750 zen.

Wow...what a great selection. Garbage, garbage, and garbage. What more could we ask for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The KDF don't care about outfits....unless they are Orions...they care for BATTLE...and you can't kill a Romulan with with Pajamas.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Won't wear this unless we ever get a Tier v connie or If I do a time travel mission but thanks for this.

Let the rage begin for people who already have this and from KDF players who think they should get something even though there is only one costume
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sussexgentsussexgent Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Brandon,

Thank you and the team for the free stuff. Can I however point out something on the two announcement pages that is bugging me. On both of them in the first paragraph below the picture it states that the free giveaway is next week. Then in the next line tells us what todays free item is.

Before people start, yes I am OCD and yes it's only a little thing, but it's bugging me and I had to say something.

But again, thank you for the free items.
    edited August 2013
    Thats just like you guys not to give the KDF somthing, ITS BEEN FED TWO DAYS IN A ROW! PLS Give the KDF somthing tommarow cryptic, oh wait, Thats prolly not gonna happen because we only have 1 singular outfit, So, We Basicly wont get ANYTHING Except the Ship on friday Which even then, We prolly will get the Gorph or Korotinga which have basicly no use, the console on them is terrible, While the feds will prolly get the thunderchild which has the Point defense i belive. :(

They stated numerous times that Day One and Two will be Fed Uniforms and Wed, Thr, and Friday will be ships.

No Klingon outfits because there are very little to chose from in the store. No Romulan outfits because the faction is too new.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ajalen wrote: »
    first ..thx for another free gift .......

second ..........KDF again nothing ....... thats really bad !

dear Cryptic team - try visit Q'onos now - and u find bunch of really angry klingons

Did you not see that Brandon already said that Monday and Tuesday would be Federation only? If you didn't see it, how is that Cryptic's fault?

Anyway, I already had it from another earlier giveaway, but thanks for it anyway
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • philiopenepheusphiliopenepheus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Awesome! Thanks!(:
    Viktor@Philiopenepheus
  • deklak1deklak1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They stated numerous times that Day One and Two will be Fed Uniforms and Wed, Thr, and Friday will be ships.

No Klingon outfits because there are very little to chose from in the store. No Romulan outfits because the faction is too new.

monday fed tuesday kdf
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not what I was hoping for, it's not even the classic TOS uniforms but it's free so again I'm not complaining. Thanks.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • darchissdarchiss Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pretty cool freebie, but I'm getting concerned that it might be all Federation freebies this week that could lead to a new Romulan Klingon alliance out've pure angst. Maybe the powers that be best throw them something nice over the next few days to avoid a new battlefront opening up. :eek:
  • captainjack21captainjack21 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well I already got it but that doesn't mean someone else hasn't gotten it from the free link's last year I know I did on my one of old accounts.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    deklak1 wrote: »
    monday fed tuesday kdf
    Wrong, Monday was Fed, and Today was also Fed, Brandon said that Monday and Tuesday would be Federation only. It's not Cryptic's fault that some peope can't comprehend stuff that was stated.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • oschwoschw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    Bran stated multiple times that the last two days will be ships.

Wrong.

He stated the "last" 3 Days will be ships, he stated aswell, that the 1. of those items will be slightly "cheaper" in Zen, then what we got the 1. and 2. day, so that makes it a small craft for tomorrow, and, he has hinted at a T3 ship allready.
    edited August 2013
    deklak1 wrote: »
    monday fed tuesday kdf

They never stated that. It's always been Monday: Fed Uniform Tuesday: Fed Uniform Wednesday: Unknown Ship Thursday: Unknown Ship Friday: Unknown ship.

Please feel free to visit yesterday's giveaway thread. The CM mentioned it like 5 times.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not a fan of TOS, but i'll claim it just in case i ever change my mind.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so once again only the feds get love? as ki read it you was giving free stuff to both major factions.

and good job choosing stuff that your data shows 95% of STO player base has allready bought.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
    edited August 2013
    rjewkes wrote: »
    so once again only the feds get love? as ki read it you was giving free stuff to both major factions.

and good job choosing stuff that your data shows 95% of STO player base has allready bought.

/plays violin
  • packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nakedcrook wrote: »
    Even if they are loyal to that assertion (which I doubt they will be, despite the so called confirmation), it will be any number of three ships that are essentially garbage to the end game players. Either the B'Roth, Qaw'Dun, or the To'duj. I seriously doubt it will be a ship over 750 zen.

Wow...what a great selection. Garbage, garbage, and garbage. What more could we ask for?

And what are you basing that ship selection on? Nothing?

Just wait and see, you loose nothing no matter what they give and you may gain something.
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I got the TOS bundle a while back, so I already have the uniform, but thank you nonetheless! :)

I'm hoping for a delta flyer tomorrow since I dragged my feet back when it was craftable and didn't get it. Of course, one should never critique the teeth of a horse that was a gift! (I think in the modern day, this is a more intelligible way of saying that old phrase)
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    if they get the T1 Sci Ship you can then laugh.

Hey, I like the Oberth!

Did I ever mention that I believe they need to do a VA T5 Retrofit version with Saucer Separation? That way you could try to rest the cigar in the ashtray. :)
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Already had the Uniforms from the F2P Promotions back then. But hey, it's free for those who couldn't get it then.

Since they seem to give away "the light stuff" I am sensing the TOS Constitution for free tomorrow for FEDs :)
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    /plays violin

Also, that whiney quote is coming from a guy with a fed avatar and a fed signature. Someone must be confused.
    edited August 2013
    mjaybird wrote: »
    Free TOS Tunic. This means the KDF can't use it or gets a free item. Why does Cryptic leave out KDF during events like this

They already stated several times the reason why KDF doesn't get a free uniform is because there are very little to choose from.

Instead of getting angry about not getting a free item, I would be more concern that the DEVs just don't care enough about the KDF to add more items.
    edited August 2013
    Another Fed outfit. This Federation-Only giveaway event SURE IS FAIR for KDF-only players.

Epic fail.

I created a thread yesterday predicting this exact same thing would happen. So far...100% of the free items have been Fed exclusive. KDF-only players are being screwed. I got heavily flamed for my assumption that this is a Fed-Only give away. Well, looks like I am right about this being a Fed-only event. This is very weak Cryptic...very, very weak.

Unless the KDF side gets free ships, then you guys will have totally blown it. You are alienating KDF-only players.

It is kinda easy to predict something in which Cryptic stated for a week now that Monday and Tuesday is FED only uniforms and Wed, Thr, and Fri are ships of cross factions.

Klingons do not get any uniforms because there is only one to chose from to begin with. If Cryptic did that, KDF would b**ch about getting a uniform most of you already have. Romulans are not getting any uniforms because they are too new.

These have all been stated officially. Please read up on this. >.<
  • sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I understand that you might be quite young, but try to have a bit of self control. Even when I was a child I wouldn't have thrown my toys out of the pram in such a public way, trust me it just makes you look bad.
    You will get your ships, the mod team has no reason to lie about that. As to whether they are worth it, well they're free so I'd say so. If you don't agree then don't claim them, simple as that.
    edited August 2013
    sicjeb wrote: »
    I understand that you might be quite young, but try to have a bit of self control. Even when I was a child I wouldn't have thrown my toys out of the pram in such a public way, trust me it just makes you look bad.
    You will get your ships, the mod team has no reason to lie about that. As to whether they are worth it, well they're free so I'd say so. If you don't agree then don't claim them, simple as that.

Some people will cry over free things. Spoiled little people will do that and sadly, there isn't anything you can do.

These are the same type of people who will go into a Grocery store and complain about the free samples. "a free hotpocket? You suck! I wanted a free pizza!"
This discussion has been closed.