What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway - Day 2 [Now Complete]

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps this type of rage over outfits and "Fed-only giveaways" should be a cue for Cryptic to make more outfits for Klingons.

Now is just the matter of waiting for a few millennia to pass before Cryptic gets on top of this issue.

Hey, it's entirely possible that there are stouty Klingon players that can't wait to get home to login to STO so they can play Barbie & Ken: The Star Trek Fashion Experience...

...but I think many of us realize that's a Fed peculiarity.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    Atleast the KDF gets some ships, but the poor Romulans get a big fat nothing this time round, not even a single EC :(... :P

It's actually understandable. All of our stuff is new.
  • Options
    annahmaria1annahmaria1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nakedcrook wrote: »
    I am very weary of Cryptic and PWE. They have done more things wrong then they have done right. It gets to a point that outrage accumulates to a point where you just gotta get angry.

They need to stop giving garbage, and give us something that is useful to the majority of the game, and that is end game. I would rather have one day where they gave a SINGLE T5 ship, then 5 days of junk and garbage. I don't need uniforms, but everyone can use a new end-game ship for any number of reasons.

As it stands now, they are feeding us pig slop, and 95% of the people in this thread are defending the act. What is wrong with you people? You do realize that if you were to all grow a pair, and scream outrage at the JUNK they are giving for free, they would be more likely to give us something better next time around. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and you people are far too silent.

And if you wish to compare me to a kid that gets angry and tosses things around, then I will proceed to compare you to the meek little kid that gets bullied on the playground, and proceeds to say nothing about it. At least I have the backbone necessary to know how to make myself heard. You, on the other hand, take it and like it.

Your statement and the last paragraph is an irony in and of itself.

You are acting like a child.

Yes, Cryptic and PWE does some pretty crappy things. A LOT of crappy things. They are an example of how greed can affect a company and an MMO.

With that said, if they hand out things for free then be grateful. A normal and polite reply would be "thank you." When you whine and complain like you do, it makes you appear childish and non thankful.

So yes. Cryptic is less than a desirable MMO company. And yes, you are acting like a child.
  • Options
    sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *snip*

Um yeah, I won't even dignify that with a direct response.

But I will just say thank you Cryptic/PWE for giving the players something for nothing (which you didn't have to do).
    And I'll go further, I wish to thank you on behalf of the players who are moaning and griping, because deep down I'm sure that's what they really mean to say. :cool:
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thats just like you guys not to give the KDF somthing, ITS BEEN FED TWO DAYS IN A ROW! PLS Give the KDF somthing tommarow cryptic, oh wait, Thats prolly not gonna happen because we only have 1 singular outfit, So, We Basicly wont get ANYTHING Except the Ship on friday Which even then, We prolly will get the Gorph or Korotinga which have basicly no use, the console on them is terrible, While the feds will prolly get the thunderchild which has the Point defense i belive. :(
    tamujiin wrote: »
    Tomorrow? Enterprise or TNG uniform season 1. Watch and find out! I am calling it!
    tweih wrote: »
    Are yall just going to keep it just uniform for a week if so let us know cause ill never wear the uniforms

you dont read all the posts do you, the last 3 days will be ships for fed and kdf, so the kdf players out there will have 3 nice new shiny ships to play with.
    thats unless you already own them.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They need to stop giving garbage, and give us something that is useful to the majority of the game, and that is end game. I would rather have one day where they gave a SINGLE T5 ship, then 5 days of junk and garbage. I don't need uniforms, but everyone can use a new end-game ship for any number of reasons.

I guess a free Breen ship, free Odyssey , a free Corvette , a free Ambassador class, free Bortasqu, Free Kamarag, and coming soon Free Carrier don't count as free T5 end game ships that everyone can use.

It's not about you it's about everyone and you can't please everyone....some people are happy they got a free kirk pimp outfit.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cool, another one I didn't have! :) Thanks Cryptic.
    Now, it's Captain Kirk time! :cool:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    some people are happy they got a free kirk pimp outfit.

I was happy when I got it free from MMORPG.com a billion years ago and I'm glad that folks that perhaps had not purchased it or did not get it during that giveaway will now have the opportunity to experience the sheer joy of slapping that TOS tunic on a female toon and playing with the breast slider...

...though, I liked that idea about a chest hair slider.

edit: Meh, merged threads...oh well, enjoy the tunic everybody.
  • Options
    darkspeakerdarkspeaker Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey, how about some KDF/Romulan Empire love tomorrow? Two Federation only items in a row is a bit bias.
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol well i thought we were going to get a service item or something ( ie skill/trait/rep retrain token) or somethign but i guess this is ok to,

am praying for the account bank service item though :-P
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ajalen wrote: »
    first ..thx for another free gift .......

second ..........KDF again nothing ....... thats really bad !

dear Cryptic team - try visit Q'onos now - and u find bunch of really angry klingons

If you read Brandon's original post KDF is yet to come. Patience is a virtue
  • Options
    nakedcrooknakedcrook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Your statement and the last paragraph is an irony in and of itself.

You are acting like a child.

Yes, Cryptic and PWE does some pretty crappy things. A LOT of crappy things. They are an example of how greed can affect a company and an MMO.

With that said, if they hand out things for free then be grateful. A normal and polite reply would be "thank you." When you whine and complain like you do, it makes you appear childish and non thankful.

So yes. Cryptic is less than a desirable MMO company. And yes, you are acting like a child.

Perhaps I am just more forthcoming with the truth then you would ever dare to be. When someone gives me a piece of c**p...I tell the it is a piece of c**p. I don't pretend to like things, as that is dishonest, and I am not a dishonest person.

When you educate people, and give them honest feedback, you set "improvement" in motion. I have made my feedback clear; the free stuff sucks. Cryptic and PWE can now take this to heart, and begin to improve their future give-aways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Also, according to the episode "Turnabout Intruder", females were not allowed to command top-line ships like Constitution-class cruisers at the time. . .

Well, what janice Lester said was, "Your world of Starship Captains doesn't admit women. It isn't fair..." - and that COULD indeed be true (IE that women in the TOS series era were bared from starship command); OR I could have just meant she didn't pass all the mental and physical tests, was dropped from consideration, and did take it well (IE She couldn't accept she cpould fail, thus the answer in her mind was "It's discrimination because I'm female...")

As for Kirk's reply - remember, he already dumped her because she was too mentally unstable (even for him ;)) - and his answer of "No, it isn't..." could have just been to try and calm her down.:D

IMO - It's taking a line and attributing it as fact, without looking at the context.

For example: A lot of fans (including TNG writers) thought it was a fact that "Vulcans don't lie."

Source: TOS episode "The Enterprise Incident"

Basis of the claim:

The dialogue between the Romulan Commander and Spock:

Romulan Commander: "There's an old saying, or perhaps it is a myth, that Vulcans are incapable of lying..."

Mr. Spock: "It is no myth."

Problem is: if you watch the entire episode in context, Mr. Spock was lying to the Romulan Commander when he stated the above. Also Spock had lied before in the TOS episode "The Menagerie" when he took command of the Enterprise stated Kirk had been given 'Rest Leave' on the Starbase (among other lies he made in the episode); and even Spock's father Sarek lied (He stated he was in private meditation on the observation deck, when if fact he had suffered a heart attack - and was trying to conceal that heart condition from everyone, including his own wife. And I'm showing that to allow for the folks who say "Well, Spock's not a full Vulcan, so maybe full Vulcans can't/don't lie."

So, yeah, just saying - you need to look, at the context of a line before simply thinking what's explicitly stated is an actual fact in Star Trek canon.:D
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey, how about some KDF/Romulan Empire love tomorrow? Two Federation only items in a row is a bit bias.

They've already stated that Romulan will get nothing because it's all new and shiny. The KDF will only get ships from tomorrow. I guess Cryptic didn't feel like giving away the only 2 outfits the KDF have lol
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • Options
    edited August 2013

If you had read the original post by Brandon, the KDF is still to come and that there will be NO Romulan stuff as they are new to STO
  • Options
    ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another Fed outfit. This Federation-Only giveaway event SURE IS FAIR for KDF-only players.

Epic fail.

I created a thread yesterday predicting this exact same thing would happen. So far...100% of the free items have been Fed exclusive. KDF-only players are being screwed. I got heavily flamed for my assumption that this is a Fed-Only give away. Well, looks like I am right about this being a Fed-only event. This is very weak Cryptic...very, very weak.

Unless the KDF side gets free ships, then you guys will have totally blown it. You are alienating KDF-only players.

Another KNEE JERK reaction.....

We have ALL WEEK FOR FREE STUFF!!!

As a lifetimer since 2010 I have most of the items anyway. However, I'm GLAD to see this type of PROMO.

KUDOS Cryptic/PW

Oh and by the way patience is a virtue

More FREE STUFF tomorrow

;)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps I am just more forthcoming with the truth then you would ever dare to be. When someone gives me a piece of c**p...I tell the it is a piece of c**p. I don't pretend to like things, as that is dishonest, and I am not a dishonest person.

When you educate people, and give them honest feedback, you set "improvement" in motion. I have made my feedback clear; the free stuff sucks. Cryptic and PWE can now take this to heart, and begin to improve their future give-aways.

I feel sorry for your Grandparents
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Geez, some people will complain about ANYTHING. :rolleyes:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    I knew it was yet again going to be something I allready have...

Oh well, hope for something I do not have for freebies the rest of the week, but as a famous smuggler once said: "I have a bad feeling about this."

A certain protocol droid also said that once. Solo, however, said it on more than one occasion. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    urniv821 wrote: »
    Is this a daily debate?

lol. Come on klingons, stop acting so whiny... its very unbecoming.

And I only play KDF and I couldnt care less..

Like i said yesterday.. I am happy the feds are getting such lovely cheap costume pieces :D

People like to moan for the sake of it I think. A great gesture by PWE and cryptic is being turned into a whinge fest by some.
  • Options
    annahmaria1annahmaria1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

you are still acting like a child.

It's one thing to complain about ingame mechanics, the exploitation of earning free zen when all the surveys gets your information and then do not credit you, or how shady PWE is or how small STO's development team is. Those are legit arguments.

It's another thing to whine (and yes....you are whining) about free things. If you don't like the free things then you don't like it. But don't cry about it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ask4spock1 wrote: »
    Another KNEE JERK reaction.....

It is funny watching people get all irate over some giveaways. Normally Cryptic really TRIBBLE up when relaying information, but this time they did a decent job. I'd have loved to see some outfits for KDF to be given away, but they only have a couple which I doubt they would want to give people.

Maybe this will encourage them to get some more KDF outfits released soon. Rather than moaning about giveaways, this effort and time that people are putting into making these irate posts could maybe be used to provide constructive feedback that would help improve ground combat, space gameplay, fleet controls and many other areas which need far greater attention IMO.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    Alternatively, you could grow out of the second grade and stop whining. Remember, Cryptic/PWE is under no obligation to give you anything.

Stomping your feet and crying like a child isn't being a squeaky wheel. It's just being a spoiled child with a false sense of entitlement.

Like I have previously said a fantastic gesture is being turned into nother more than a whenge fest.
  • Options
    mazikenmaziken Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yay, nothing for the KDF side again. Perhaps one day Cryptic will treat both sides equally. Perhaps.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    nierion wrote: »
    It is funny watching people get all irate over some giveaways. Normally Cryptic really TRIBBLE up when relaying information, but this time they did a decent job. I'd have loved to see some outfits for KDF to be given away, but they only have One which I doubt they would want to give people.

Maybe this will encourage them to get some more KDF outfits released soon. Rather than moaning about giveaways, this effort and time that people are putting into making these irate posts could maybe be used to provide constructive feedback that would help improve ground combat, space gameplay, fleet controls and many other areas which need far greater attention IMO.

Fixed that for you
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Fixed that for you

What about the KDF EV suit? LOL Doesn't that count. :P
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    people complain about never getting anything from cryptic... they then get free stuff then they whine and complain about that to, cant win can you though please cryptic just give the klingons the academy uniform for tomorrow at least lol
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wow never knew that.

Awesome to know. Thanks!

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Turnabout_Intruder_%28episode%29

Janice Lester said, "Your world of starship captains doesn't admit women", as her justification for taking over Kirk's body and life. Apparently even if it was not a regulation per se, there was at least some sort of "glass ceiling" regarding command of top-line Federation ships during this era.

Now, we do have the counter-example of Erika Hernandez commanding the NX-02 USS Columbia, but the Columbia was under United Earth Starfleet rather than the Federation. Also, Kirk's era can be regarded as a more conservative era, much as the 1950s was in some ways more conservative than the 1890s or 1920s.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    nierion wrote: »
    What about the KDF EV suit? LOL Doesn't that count. :P

not account wide so no, it's more Armor.
    GwaoHAD.png
This discussion has been closed.