What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Incoming nerf to pvp rewards

Comments

• Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    When you dont care about something and is giving you a problem, you smash it with out thinking twice.

PVP was giving them a problem due to exploiters, and the "hard" solution was sitting and finding a real fix for the issue. But they dont care about PVP, so they went for the easy solution: hit all PVP hard.

PVE also has exploiters, and even worst than PVP.. just spend 10 minutes on Dyason ground and you will find them. But PVE is important and a solution for that may offend the PVE heroes.

Is time to not full our self, many believe that the devs really want to improve PVP but they don’t have the recourses/time to do it. Today we have the proof that they don’t give a dam about PVP, maybe not all of them, but the big majority dont give a dam.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited May 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray

can this wannabe moderator also post what was vulgar about what I said ?
  • Options
    ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So there is this game called star citizen ...
    jFriX.png
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lol :D So Cryptic wants to use a baseball bat to kill a mosquito? I swear these guys are just like my government, only dumber.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    borrowedtuneborrowedtune Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Umm... just remove private matches from counting towards the wrapper mission. Problem solved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, if they do this, I hope they do something about all the foundry exploits and farming bots...

Didn't they do this before? It's been a while but if I remember correctly, they put kerrat on a cool down to get people to use the queues.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Umm... just remove private matches from counting towards the wrapper mission. Problem solved.

This.

Some characters.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Anyone here still think sto pvp has a future? haha lol.

Dont start bashing me on my negativity now :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    verusisraelverusisrael Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is one of the more bone headed and lazy actions taken by the Devs in recent memory.
  • Options
    zorena#3961 zorena Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    http://www.chinahearsay.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/beavis-butthead.jpg

Removing all pvp ques would also fix this problem.
    Noone.
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Again nerfs, when will cryptic start to fix the real bugs is this game?
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rakija879 wrote: »
    Again nerfs, when will cryptic start to fix the real bugs is this game?

Somewhere in between "not happening" and "never".
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The reason for this change is obvious. Cryptic is attempting to kill off this problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pLQSc9MbKo

That's one option .
    havam wrote: »
    Fun fact: Many people doing prearranged ground kill farming, do it for accolades. With the ground queues being what they are its not really feasible to go there and kill/get killed often enough just for the accolades.

There's another .

I'll offer a third :
    Income (legal and semi-legal) has been nerfed for the last 2 seasons in an not-so-subtle attempt to push players to purchase Zen via cash .

Tour of the Galaxy , STF optional BNP's in S.9 , all the Dil from STF's @ the start of S.7 (later restored) , The Foundry (wrapper & in general) -- all this and probably more (that I'm forgetting) is just a pattern of behavior by Cryptic .

I see this nerf as something that has 2 possible outcomes :

1) It joins the nerfs above and has little to nothing to do with you on an individual level (or as a sub-group of STO [layers) , as those players who participated in either legal or semi-legal grinding of the content above also got nerfed as a group .

2) It's an attempt by Cryptic to "get their PVP house in order" before they introduce a PVP reputation .
    Yeah , I know , it's a long shot .

... one thing about the STO community ... , it never fails to disappoint .
    S8.5 everyone was arguing about a "free ship" (my sig back then) , now they are arguing about a torpedo instead of protesting this nerf ... .
    It's also interesting to see that Geko's golden child (dinoz with lazors) isn't getting touched ... despite sticking out like a sore thumb in terms or rewards ... now that everything else get's nerfed across the board ... .

Oh well , at least we don't get any new PVP maps or serious endgame raids for this game's eventual 'Maintenance Mode' .
    But we do get to build sand castles on Risa ... , so not all is lost , right ?
  • Options
    giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yeah, gg on killing pvp.

SERIOUSLY, CRYPTIC? :mad::mad::mad:

This is pure [shet]. i always do pvp, and now i'll have to do boring other lousy pve to get my daily things... good job you want to kill pvp... meh. this game has LOOOW rewards for pvping (hey, 1440k dil x 3 matches, that's NOT ENOUGH!) AND NOW YA REDUCE IT!?!? YOU SERIOUS?

Bah, i love this game, but i guess devs here don't know what they're doing, or think that pve is the only part of this game, and pvp is just an exploit to gain dil.
    once again, SERIOUSLY? I hope none of this gets uploaded.
    If it does, congratz on making me hate ya devs.

best wishes,
    Giovanni@giotariz, PvP's nadion bomber dude, and OrganizedPvP's number 1 spammer :D
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    and on top it just hit my mind how sad it is that probably none of em will have a look in here or even post on the issue (may xcept for jesse) :(

TRIBBLE***

MUUUM.. erm.... JESSEEE :D:(
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Mixed feels for me. Nine out of ten times I just forget about these missions, because I just want to pew pew and generally don't open the mission tab anyway.

However, I feel the number of PvE players willing to try PvP or even join a match and actually do their best - and I know the numbers must be pretty low, but /shrug - will drop even further.

Like everyone has said: Just remove the rewards from private matches and call it a day. Or put other incentives to join a PvP match into place.

-

Also, how big of a problem is this PvP dil farming really? I honestly don't know, that's why I'm asking. I once joined a couple of mates inviting me for a ground PvP thing, and it turned out that they wanted to do it for Dil. I found it so tedious and boring I just left.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    edit: Never mind, each toon after I asked that worked fine - must have just been me and my complete lack of RNG luck...
  • Options
    brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited May 2014
    Just incredible, you already had to do the thing 6 times (that's 18 matches, 15 if your preferred game mode happens to be the daily too) to get over 8k dilithium. Those that are exploiting private matches are just being silly since you can just go dino-tagging and earn way more in about the same amount of time. Seriously, I've gotten a week's worth in 2 hours in the battlezone. So why even worry about that? Basically they're giving us a guaranteed daily for each game mode and a random 2nd daily that might coincide with how you like to play (arena v cap n hold). Either way, you're stuck playing game modes you don't want to play or doing crappy PvE to get your dilithium on just one toon.

Let's see, to hit the cap on one toon with just Space PvP you would have to do:
    The Daily - 3 matches - 1440 dil
    Ker'rat Daily - 3 resets - 1440 dil
    The "soon to be" Dailies - 3 matches (not counting 3 because it would overlap the other daily) - 2880 dil
    Some other way of getting the other third.

Frankly, I really only enjoy arena and wouldn't waste my time not having fun to get dilithium the slow way, in PvP, rather than just hitting the Sphere for 30 minutes so I can go back to the arena queue. At present I can enjoy getting to my cap slowly, at least.

How about a dilithium reward for winning (480) and a smaller one for not winning (200), public queues only? Maybe even remove the wrapper mission and leave the dailies in place as they are. This would encourage teaming, teamwork among pugs, and maybe breathe some life into the team queues.
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    brandonfl wrote: »
    How about a dilithium reward for winning (480) and a smaller one for not winning (200), public queues only? Maybe even remove the wrapper mission and leave the dailies in place as they are. This would encourage teaming, teamwork among pugs, and maybe breathe some life into the team queues.

What they will probably do is remove all dilithium rewards, make a PvP reputation system, and make each match reward 30 PvP marks, 240 dilithium, and 1x PvPer's Worst Nightmare (PWN). Oh, once per day we get that 55 daily crate chucked our way. That way we have to waste 15 seconds to turn in 50 PvP marks for 500 dilithium and then another 15 seconds to turn in 3x PvPer's Worst Night Nightmare for 1,000 dilithium.

On top of that you'd be sure they would add a new weapon set with Console - Universal - M-5 Computer Core Mk XII, Omega Particle Torpedo Launcher Mk XII, and Omni-directional Stellar Converter Array Mk XII [Acc]x100 [Arc]. Hey, at least we will be able to make more versions of Ker'rat with that last item.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    realminirealmini Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    therealmt wrote: »
    Anyone here still think sto pvp has a future? haha lol.

Dont start bashing me on my negativity now :p

never pvped for rewards anyway. we bash u cus u suck
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    People could farm dilithium a dozen times faster with stuff like the BZ than by doing arena groups for this and accolades.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What they will probably do is remove all dilithium rewards, make a PvP reputation system, and make each match reward 30 PvP marks, 240 dilithium, and 1x PvPer's Worst Nightmare (PWN). Oh, once per day we get that 55 daily crate chucked our way. That way we have to waste 15 seconds to turn in 50 PvP marks for 500 dilithium and then another 15 seconds to turn in 3x PvPer's Worst Night Nightmare for 1,000 dilithium.

On top of that you'd be sure they would add a new weapon set with Console - Universal - M-5 Computer Core Mk XII, Omega Particle Torpedo Launcher Mk XII, and Omni-directional Stellar Converter Array Mk XII [Acc]x100 [Arc]. Hey, at least we will be able to make more versions of Ker'rat with that last item.

"pwn" lmao :D.... they can keep that rep where it is now. in the ingredients of the food which will provide the energy to get their brains to form and evolve(lol) that idea.

any way we could force them to do some diets?! or is that may already the problem? don't they get ngh to eat?! :D
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    People could farm dilithium a dozen times faster with stuff like the BZ than by doing arena groups for this and accolades.

Of course it is much easier to get dilithium by running actual PvE content. The thing is people abusing the private ground PvP queues are farmers. Some of them are players farming for fleet holding work, but most of them are gold sellers. The gold sellers are doing some variation of this:
    • Farming Ground PvP matches at one minute per match - 1440 dilithium in 3 minutes x20 characters
    • Capping out the characters daily
    • Converting the Refined Dilithium to Zen
    • Buying Master Keys with the Zen
    • Selling the Master Keys for Energy Credits
    • Selling the Energy Credits for real world money on we all know what website
    • Rinse and repeat

It wouldn't be difficult for a gold farmer make a couple billion energy credits in a day doing the above with a script and a stack of accounts. This is also why Cryptic's 20 hour cooldown will do nothing to solve the problem. The gold spammers will either make more characters or more accounts. The only way to get rid of this problem is to remove the ability for gold spammers to automate the process of farming dilithium through PvP missions.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    erkyss2erkyss2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    All PvP-ers unite !! We should start makin teams of 2 or 3 players via OPvP, hit PvE queue`s and just stay AFK. We shall take part of our cake that way, we shall make them CRY!!!

Jokes aside, i mean rly, wut is goin on in their s***id heads??? All 4 borg STF`s will get you enough dill to hit refining cap for the day in about hour or less, considering optionals. This is some BS thats just shows how cryptic wants to remove PvP from the game.

(sry for bad grammar, english is not my native language)
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited May 2014
    Problem is that people stay afk in pvp and cryptic follows numbers and statistics with what people play.Seems more people "play" pvp than pve ,at least thats in their numbers .If thats the case then they have to stop that fast . I don't know how they can ask PWE to invest more in PvE when numbers show PvP is more played (at least in the statistic)....imagine what would happen to out great game designer who hates pvp and made everything coop (except new FE's which are 100% singleplayer)
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2014

what he said^^

and, btw cryptic.... WTH? WHY? :confused::confused::confused: