Summer Giveaway - Day 2 [Now Complete]

Comments

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is Kirk's pimp outfit
    GwaoHAD.png
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wrong, Monday was Fed, and Today was also Fed, Brandon said that Monday and Tuesday would be Federation only. It's not Cryptic's fault that some peope can't comprehend stuff that was stated.

it irrelevant if it was "stated" or not. The point is that much of the player base has been snubbed - AGAIN.

(and for the record, not everyone has Bran on Dev tracker or plods thru 50 page threads looking for comments)

They could have done the TOS uniforms. There is a Fed version and a Klingon version. No one would have felt snubbed. They really wouldn't have lost any money since most anyone who was going to buy it already has.

Next they could have done the Mercenary. KDF and FED again. Everyone is happy.

Giving out the Klingon Academy one day would also have not left many people feeling snubbed.

Its not the items anyway, its the principle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another day, another thing I have already... still thank you for the freebies. To those who got it, enjoy it, it looks nice...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • howiedizzlehowiedizzle Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I did not have this one, and as uniforms go I think this is one of the cooler looking ones... I appreciate the give away...
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nakedcrook wrote: »
    Either the B'Roth, Qaw'Dun, or the To'duj. I seriously doubt it will be a ship over 750 zen.

I'd be surprised if it the B'rolth or Qaw'Dun were included - as they were introduced with LoR as well. Thus, they'd fall into the "too new" explanation for why the Romulans were excluded.

As for Wednesday Smallcraft Day...

To'Duj Fighter
    Delta Class Shuttle
    Peregrine Attack Fighter
    Stalker Stealth Fighter
    Yellowstone Class Runabout

...being the available 500 Zen smallcraft; yep, it's probably going to be the To'Duj for the KDF.
  • annahmaria1annahmaria1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it irrelevant if it was "stated" or not. The point is that much of the player base has been snubbed - AGAIN.

(and for the record, not everyone has Bran on Dev tracker or plods thru 50 page threads looking for comments)

They could have done the TOS uniforms. There is a Fed version and a Klingon version. No one would have felt snubbed. They really wouldn't have lost any money since most anyone who was going to buy it already has.

Next they could have done the Mercenary. KDF and FED again. Everyone is happy.

Giving out the Klingon Academy one day would also have not left many people feeling snubbed.

Its not the items anyway, its the principle.

ok...lets did say Cryptic did give KDF a free uniform....it would have been the ONLY uniform in the Klingon store

Then you would have had a ton of KDF coming on here complaining they gave us something most of us already have.

Romulus is still too new and they too have only a couple choices.

Rather than crying about how unfair it is, you should be more concerned why the DEVs haven't created any uniforms for the Klingons in the last four years.
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They give away free stuff and people have the nerve to complain... That'll teach them not to give away anything next time.
    pvp = small package
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I must be too stupid to claim this one. :(

When I go to the tailor, that option shows up for "0-2000 Zen". So I select it, and it gives me a drop-down menu to select either the free tunic or a big bundle. I select the free tunic, and the "shopping cart" price breakdown still says I owe 2,000 zen.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic's literally handing things out for free, and people still find a reason to complain.

I for one appreciate the gesture, and I can't wait to see what they have planned for the rest of the week.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can we get a chest hair slider when using this tunic? ;)
  • autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Day 1: Federation Costume
    Day 2: Federation Costume

Not meaning to pry, but will there be something in Days 3-7 for KDF captains to make use of? A simple Yes/No will suffice ... rather than a detailed advance reveal.
  • nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is what a whole whopping 2 choices for KDF outfits? The EV armor and the academy outfit. I think the latter would be a decent throw out to the KDF guys. I do get the feeling sometimes the free stuff is to get all of us to go, "Ooooh shinys" and hope we forget about all the things that need fixing lol
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Gee, I wonder if I already have that item? (Looks at Avatar) --- yep. :eek::D

(Happy they're giving it free though, maybe more of TOS will appear in STO as a result. ;))
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited August 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »

When I go to the tailor, that option shows up for "0-2000 Zen". So I select it, and it gives me a drop-down menu to select either the free tunic or a big bundle. I select the free tunic, and the "shopping cart" price breakdown still says I owe 2,000 zen.

Click the C-Store button.
    Go to Appearance.
    Claim it.
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yeah but to do that you have to spend zen credits for it....I was wondering why the skirts never came with this set because (other than the original pilot) I never saw female officers wear trousers.....I could be wrong tho.

But to your other comment...yes, it appears the Ferengi now runs Starfleet.

Could you imagine having to spend money on your own uniforms and gear in Starfleet?

Also, according to the episode "Turnabout Intruder", females were not allowed to command top-line ships like Constitution-class cruisers at the time. . .
  • jaimeson99jaimeson99 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Go claim it direct from the Zen store would seem to fix this.

On a seperate note, loving the hilarious rage/tears sub-theme in the thread. Raaaar the free stuff is not the free stuff I would want to be free!!! RAAAR! Etc.

Keep up the comedy rage pls (nakedcrook in particular) - best entertainment on the forums for ages.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Not meaning to pry, but will there be something in Days 3-7 for KDF captains to make use of? A simple Yes/No will suffice ... rather than a detailed advance reveal.

AFAIK, there will be no KDF costumes.

That being said, Brandon has confirmed that the ships will be FED and KDF variants, so in the next 3 days, KDF will get some shinies too.

Except the Romulans, but they have perfect cloaks, so Cryptic coulden't find them. :D :P
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Click the C-Store button.
    Go to Appearance.
    Claim it.

I didn't have to do that with the DS9 uniform, and I don't recall ever buying that....
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd be surprised if it the B'rolth or Qaw'Dun were included - as they were introduced with LoR as well. Thus, they'd fall into the "too new" explanation for why the Romulans were excluded.

As for Wednesday Smallcraft Day...

To'Duj Fighter
    Delta Class Shuttle
    Peregrine Attack Fighter
    Stalker Stealth Fighter
    Yellowstone Class Runabout

...being the available 500 Zen smallcraft; yep, it's probably going to be the To'Duj for the KDF.

I would love that, i don;t care much for the shuttle on KDF that i have, so a Fighter would be a welcome gift
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

There will be ships Wednesday through Friday. As has been stated, restated, re-restated, and re-re-re-restated. It's been said many many many many many many times, and the people who actually read the announcements and pay attention are getting utterly tired of people whinging about lack of KDF stuff and wondering when "they's gonna get theirs". Now read my lips:

WEDNESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY THERE WILL BE SHIPS FOR KDF AND FEDERATION PLAYERS.

/eof.
  • annahmaria1annahmaria1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Also, according to the episode "Turnabout Intruder", females were not allowed to command top-line ships like Constitution-class cruisers at the time. . .

wow never knew that.

Awesome to know. Thanks!
  • nakedcrooknakedcrook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sicjeb wrote: »
    I understand that you might be quite young, but try to have a bit of self control. Even when I was a child I wouldn't have thrown my toys out of the pram in such a public way, trust me it just makes you look bad.
    You will get your ships, the mod team has no reason to lie about that. As to whether they are worth it, well they're free so I'd say so. If you don't agree then don't claim them, simple as that.

I am very weary of Cryptic and PWE. They have done more things wrong then they have done right. It gets to a point that outrage accumulates to a point where you just gotta get angry.

They need to stop giving garbage, and give us something that is useful to the majority of the game, and that is end game. I would rather have one day where they gave a SINGLE T5 ship, then 5 days of junk and garbage. I don't need uniforms, but everyone can use a new end-game ship for any number of reasons.

As it stands now, they are feeding us pig slop, and 95% of the people in this thread are defending the act. What is wrong with you people? You do realize that if you were to all grow a pair, and scream outrage at the JUNK they are giving for free, they would be more likely to give us something better next time around. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and you people are far too silent.

And if you wish to compare me to a kid that gets angry and tosses things around, then I will proceed to compare you to the meek little kid that gets bullied on the playground, and proceeds to say nothing about it. At least I have the backbone necessary to know how to make myself heard. You, on the other hand, take it and like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
    edited August 2013
    I didn't have to do that with the DS9 uniform, and I don't recall ever buying that....

Whether you had to do it or not, that's quickest and simplest way to claim it. Could have claimed the DS9 uniform the same way.

Log in a Fed, click C-Store, go to Appearance, claim it. Can do it from anywhere...wham, bam, done.

Same with the ships as they come out. Log on the toon that meets the requirements (including having room), click C-Store, find the ship, claim it, done.
  • jaimeson99jaimeson99 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am very weary of Cryptic and PWE. They have done more things wrong then they have done right. It gets to a point that outrage accumulates to a point where you just gotta get angry.

They need to stop giving garbage, and give us something that is useful to the majority of the game, and that is end game. I would rather have one day where they gave a SINGLE T5 ship, then 5 days of junk and garbage. I don't need uniforms, but everyone can use a new end-game ship for any number of reasons.

As it stands now, they are feeding us pig slop, and 95% of the people in this thread are defending the act. What is wrong with you people? You do realize that if you were to all grow a pair, and scream outrage at the JUNK they are giving for free, they would be more likely to give us something better next time around. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and you people are far too silent.

And if you wish to compare me to a kid that gets angry and tosses things around, then I will proceed to compare you to the meek little kid that gets bullied on the playground, and proceeds to say nothing about it. At least I have the backbone necessary to know how to make myself heard. You, on the other hand, take it and like it.

Annnnnnnd.....lol
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oschw wrote: »
    Wrong.

He stated the "last" 3 Days will be ships, he stated aswell, that the 1. of those items will be slightly "cheaper" in Zen, then what we got the 1. and 2. day, so that makes it a small craft for tomorrow, and, he has hinted at a T3 ship allready.
    So, Toq'Duj fighter tomorrow (it being the only Zen store small craft on KDF side)...
    Nice. Always wanted one.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013

Days 3-5. The Giveaway is Monday-Friday :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps this type of rage over outfits and "Fed-only giveaways" should be a cue for Cryptic to make more outfits for Klingons.

Now is just the matter of waiting for a few millennia to pass before Cryptic gets on top of this issue.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another Fed outfit. This Federation-Only giveaway event SURE IS FAIR for KDF-only players.

Epic fail.

I created a thread yesterday predicting this exact same thing would happen. So far...100% of the free items have been Fed exclusive. KDF-only players are being screwed. I got heavily flamed for my assumption that this is a Fed-Only give away. Well, looks like I am right about this being a Fed-only event. This is very weak Cryptic...very, very weak.

Unless the KDF side gets free ships, then you guys will have totally blown it. You are alienating KDF-only players.

Atleast the KDF gets some ships, but the poor Romulans get a big fat nothing this time round, not even a single EC :(... :P
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this a daily debate?

lol. Come on klingons, stop acting so whiny... its very unbecoming.

And I only play KDF and I couldnt care less..

Like i said yesterday.. I am happy the feds are getting such lovely cheap costume pieces :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
This discussion has been closed.