test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My KDF-aligned Liberated Borg Romulan captain still has no hip attachment options for the Omega Force costume. I have unlocked the KHG Costume #4, so it's not a question of unlocking the option, but the options not being present. As previously stated in the thread, my lower options consist of lower, belt and boots, but no 'Hip Attachment Left' or 'Hip Attachment Right'.

However, the option exists for my Fed Human captain. Need to Rep up my KDF Orion captain to see if the same applies to her.

No pics as I forgot to take some before the client crashed (again).

Tim

Edit: Pictures of the problem:

Khellin (Lib Borg KDF-Romulan): Normal, With Helmet

Katie (Human Fed): Normal, With Helmet

Ticket Number: 2075213
  • crypticjoejingcrypticjoejing Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    You made my day Crypticjoejing. Thanks. I haven't seen you around, are you new? If so, welcome to the Team!

Hello lordhavelock - yes, I'm new(ish) to the team on STO. I went ahead and posted a little intro: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=12917701#post12917701

I'll lurk and post occassionally :P See you around!
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    Not sure if this has been said in the thread before, but we're missing a great deal of costumes in the Foundry costume creator. We helped crypticfrost put together a list. Some of these have since been added. I tried to revise based on my memory but there might still be some that I missed. Also some such as the Kumari and the Vesta variants are in, but bugged. They appear as just blinking lights, so either the model or textures or both are missing.

It may not be applicable, but I thought that maybe if costume issues are being looked at, and work is being done on them, the devs could get them added to the Foundry at the same time.

Space
    Armitage
    Aventine
    Bellerophon
    B'Rotlh Bird-of-Prey
    Charal
    Ch'Tang
    D'Ridthau
    Dhael/Dhelen (whichever the C-store version is called)
    Exeter
    Gladius
    Kamarag
    Khyzon
    Koro't'inga
    Kumari (is in, but bugged)
    Mirror Universe Ships
    Ning'tao
    Peghqu' Heavy Destroyer
    Puyjaq
    Qaw'Dun Bird-of-Prey
    Qorgh
    Rademaker
    Regent
    Sao Paulo
    Thunderchild
    Valdore
    Venture
    Vesta
    Vor'Kang
    Yellowstone

Ground
    Admirals Uniforms, DS9 and TNG
    All Good Things Uniform
    Armor (standard, M.A.C.O., Omega Force, etc.)
    Bajoran Uniforms and Badges
    Borg Implants
    EVA Suits (Regular and Armored)
    Jupiter uniforms
    KDF Veteran uniform
    Kit Visuals
    Klingon Honor Guard armor
    Lobi Store Outfits and pieces
    Motion Picture Uniforms
    Odyssey Uniforms
    open jacket variants of Starfleet uniforms
    Racing Uniform
    Romulan republic uniforms (civilian clothes are in)
    Section 31 uniform
    Starfleet Academy
    TNG Season 1 Uniforms
    TOS Medical
    TOS Badges
    TOS Mirror Badge
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello lordhavelock - yes, I'm new(ish) to the team on STO. I went ahead and posted a little intro: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=12917701#post12917701

May you be the one that adds Manes and patterns for cats.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hopefully Cryptic is hiring that special team this game needs to fix the broken programming of all sorts this game needs as well as people to push out KDF content too. As well as fixing the KDF costumes.
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Speaking of costumes...

Do you happen to know when (or even if) we will be getting the Odyssey Long-jacket uniform in the fleet tailor store?
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • ruinsfateruinsfate Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=12980951#post12980951

Resolved an issue with clipping for the Female Romulan Republic Upper uniform #1 piece.

:eek: :D
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok, it's been a while, so here's an update... First, I'll say again, it's nice to have seen Crypticjoejing in here, and know that Cryptic is aware of these various issues. So "Yay!" for that!

Next up, is to confirm the good news that Runisfate mentions above: As of the Oct 18, 2013 update on Tribble, the clipping on the Romulan Republic Uniform 1 top has been fixed:
    "Resolved an issue with clipping for the Female Romulan Republic Upper uniform #1 piece."
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=886641
    Sadly, this won't show on Holodeck until Season 8, but that's ok. Fix inbound!
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    Oh and Havelock, I just wanted to check that you'd noticed my report of issues with the Adapted MACO colour pallettes (Post #85).
    Sorry, must have missed it, but added to OP now.

bberge1701 wrote: »
    I've got a bug for you, cropped up when LoR launched...
    Added to OP, but please go back to your post #112 and add your bug report ticket number.
    caldannach wrote: »
    ...My Reman Fed, cannot select any Omega uniforms at the tailor, despite him being T5 rep and having purchased and unlocked every Mk X/XI/XII version of the omega armour set...
    Have you also completed the Costume Projects that go with the armors. First you have to run the three projects (shield, armor, weapon) for the set, then you also run a project to unlock the costume. Do you have any supporting pictures or a bug ticket number?
    KDF uniform parts missing
    The tailor dummies in the kdf starbase display a female klingon with a skirt that is available anywhere in the game.
    One of the male dummies displays a long coat that also is not available anywhere in the game...
    I can't say I'm familiar with what you're talking about. Please post (links to) pictures.
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Not sure if it was mentioned before, but was there a reason why the mercenary belts aren't available to Starfleet female characters using tight pants or skirts?
    There's no known reason. Added to the OP. Do you have any supporting info like pictures and/or a bug ticket number? Please add to your post 121.
    tmichc wrote: »
    My KDF-aligned Liberated Borg Romulan captain still has no hip attachment options for the Omega Force costume...
    Updated existing entry in OP to include KDF Lib Borg Romulans. Please post pictures/bug ticket numbers in your post 122 when you can.
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    ...we're missing a great deal of costumes in the Foundry costume creator...
    Added to the OP.

It's unfortunate that we have to have such a thread around, but I am thankful for those who help keep it alive and happy to know the Devs are getting useful information here. I have also updated the opening text of the OP to show progress has been made and that Devs are watching. So that's great!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Added to OP, but please go back to your post #112 and add your bug report ticket number.

Unfortunately, I didn't make a note of it at the time. Is there some way I can find it out? All I see on my ticket history are Customer Service tickets (which I also filed), not bug reports.
    edited October 2013
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I didn't make a note of it at the time. Is there some way I can find it out? All I see on my ticket history are Customer Service tickets (which I also filed), not bug reports.
    No, there's no way to go back for your bug tkt# after it flashes across the screen. You just got to jot it down at that point. You can add your CS tkt# though, if you like.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    By today, I finished the project to get the KHG Armor. I donned it, enabled visuals and found the pants and boots missing. (see here: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/zhdk.jpg/ and here: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/stj6.jpg/ )

My char wore the Warrior's Decorated Skirt at that moment.
    As I changed to another Uniform that had pants, the armor was shown correctly.

I filed a bug report but wasn't able to track down its number... Disappeared way too fast.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
    edited October 2013
    The fix for the clipping Female Romulan Republic 1 Uniform will be going to RedShirt today, meaning it's likely going to make it to Holodeck sooner rather than later, surely before Season 8! I'm very happy to not have to wait! :D

There's also this: "Resolved an issue with Omega uniform sets not appearing on some Romulan captains." (Though I wasn't affected by it, so I don't know exactly which problem this fixes.)

Details:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=890741

By today, I finished the project to get the KHG Armor. I donned it, enabled visuals and found the pants and boots missing...
    Did you complete the Costume Unlock Project, or you're just enabling the visuals on the armor itself. If the latter, then that sort of strangeness with Armor visuals overlapping (or being overlapped by) regular clothing is kind of "normal" (though I agree it's "broken").

What sort of Captain is that? It appears to be either an Orion or Alien Female. Is that right?

edited October 2013
    No, there's no way to go back for your bug tkt# after it flashes across the screen. You just got to jot it down at that point. You can add your CS tkt# though, if you like.

Not quite true: If I recall rightly from the last time I filed a ticket, it shows up in the NPC tab of your chat window since it's a [System] message. You can find it there for a while until the chat log fills over it.
    edited October 2013
    ruinsfate wrote: »
    Not quite true: If I recall rightly from the last time I filed a ticket, it shows up in the NPC tab of your chat window since it's a [System] message. You can find it there for a while until the chat log fills over it.
    Sorry, when I was thinking "flashes across the screen" I was thinking of the "chat screen" (ie Chat Window). And you'll typically not only see it in your NPC tab, but in your regular chatting Tab, as that shows System Messages.

But yeah, once your Chat fills/resets and/or you relog you can't look it up.

edited October 2013
    Fair enough.

As an aside: https://twitter.com/PWE_BranFlakes/status/393137140269215744

The cereal box says these are to be the live notes this week, so yeah, fixed soon.
    edited October 2013
    As an aside: https://twitter.com/PWE_BranFlakes/status/393137140269215744

The cereal box says these are to be the live notes this week, so yeah, fixed soon.
    Woot, woot! :D

• rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So...I transferred 3 of my doff recruited boffs (2 Roms 1 Rem) from my Fed aligned Rem to my new KDF aligned Rem.
    That cancer Tovan can use the Rom-Klink aligned outfit but NOT the transferred boffs.
    The free Rom Sci (Satra?) can wear it.
    Bug or "working as intended"?
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Romulan Boffs are invisibly divided between Fed/KDF. If you commission the wrong, he'll end up without any alignment specific uniforms. So working as designed, but most likely not as intended.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013

Added Customer Service ticket number to my original post. I tried putting in my original search criteria into the Bug Reports menu to see if I could locate my report. Didn't work.
    edited October 2013
    WeIEdzJ.jpg

They fixed it!
    edited October 2013
    The fix for the clipping Female Romulan Republic 1 Uniform will be going to RedShirt today, meaning it's likely going to make it to Holodeck sooner rather than later, surely before Season 8! I'm very happy to not have to wait! :D

There's also this: "Resolved an issue with Omega uniform sets not appearing on some Romulan captains." (Though I wasn't affected by it, so I don't know exactly which problem this fixes.)

Details:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=890741

Did you complete the Costume Unlock Project, or you're just enabling the visuals on the armor itself. If the latter, then that sort of strangeness with Armor visuals overlapping (or being overlapped by) regular clothing is kind of "normal" (though I agree it's "broken").

What sort of Captain is that? It appears to be either an Orion or Alien Female. Is that right?
    It's an alien female, the same that has the probs with the borta uniform. And I just enabled the visuals from the Armor, no costume unlock.

Speaking of uniforms, I came across something really odd.
    I'm not fully sure if this is the right place for it, but as it includes some tailor specific issues, I'll post it here.
    I have a KDF-aligned Reman Captain, for which I bought a new Romulan Tactical Bridge officer (female) on the exchange.
    First odd thing to happen was that the Officer's name changed during the transaction (I bought Officer Ter'vix and recieved Officer Dol'eth, for example).
    Then I wanted to change the uniform to the KDF-Romulan uniform... I didn't find it in the (advanced) list. I looked twice, still not there... Only the standard RRF uniforms and such what you get to see before you choose an allegiance.
    Returning to the simple uniform selection, I saw the option to don the FED-Romulan uniform - which didn't come up properly, either.
    I tried to load the outfit from another BOFF which had the right uniform (checking the "Just outfit" checkbox), but the changes were that she wore a simple shirt and tight pants with the color scheme from the uniform I wanted to load - and I had all the sudden created a sister of the BOFF whose uniform I tried to load.
    I sent a GM ticket, but forgot to note the ID - trying to file a bug ticket failed due to me getting lost in the system there...

To make sure I didn't mix something up, I bought another Tac BOFF - with the same result.

Just noticed this issue was mentioned some posts earlier... This seems like a giant bug to me.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Ferengi jackets in the Lobi store are not usable by KDF characters. Or at least, the open jacket box can't be opened by an Orion. Seems they were overlooked when other off-duty costumes were added as KDF options.
    edited October 2013
    Romulan Klingon 1 Uniform Bugs
    I created a new Romulan character this weekend, this time KDF-aligned, and was disappointed to find bugs in the Romulan Klingon 1 uniform. For starters, the Wrist Attach Left and Wrist Attach Right objects each have two color squares, but the second square has no visible affect. There's no way to change the color of the "bands" in the wrist guards.

Second, and more uniform-breaking, is the fact that the primary color of the Wrist Attach Left is linked to the primary color of the pants, and vice-versa. It doesn't matter which order the colors are attempted to be changed, they are linked, so changing one changes the other.

Here's a picture demonstrating the first two issues:
    http://i.imgur.com/2rFjrcf.jpg

Third, there is terrible clipping in the chest area in certain poses/positions, but specifically in the Brawler stance
    http://i.imgur.com/FEbzar6.jpg

Finally, there are four color squares for the boots, but the first appears to affect nothing. The other three appear to be working properly.

See also this post from another user with other issues in this costume:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=12399821&postcount=96

edited October 2013
    I added a new bug post (just above) about the Romulan Klingon 1 Uniform. I was pretty bummed when I made my new toon on Saturday. I really like that uniform too. :(

I also created a another new character (this one a Reman) only to be reminded the Reman Head Gear 2 still clips with the Reman Hood (as noted here).
    ...They fixed it!
    Yes! I noticed this too and updated the OP, and that bug-post, accordingly. Thanks Cryptic!
    The Ferengi jackets in the Lobi store are not usable by KDF characters. Or at least, the open jacket box can't be opened by an Orion. Seems they were overlooked when other off-duty costumes were added as KDF options.
    Added to OP.

edited October 2013
    I have summed up the below three posts with the following:

Romulan Faction BOffs seem to be somehow divided by their "original alignment" so despite which the alignment of their Commissioning Captain, they may not have access to the correct faction's uniform.

And have added this to the OP.
    rezking wrote: »
    So...I transferred 3 of my doff recruited boffs (2 Roms 1 Rem) from my Fed aligned Rem to my new KDF aligned Rem.
    That cancer Tovan can use the Rom-Klink aligned outfit but NOT the transferred boffs.
    The free Rom Sci (Satra?) can wear it.
    Bug or "working as intended"?
    Romulan Boffs are invisibly divided between Fed/KDF. If you commission the wrong, he'll end up without any alignment specific uniforms. So working as designed, but most likely not as intended.
    ...I have a KDF-aligned Reman Captain, for which I bought a new Romulan Tactical Bridge officer (female) on the exchange.
    First odd thing to happen was that the Officer's name changed during the transaction (I bought Officer Ter'vix and recieved Officer Dol'eth, for example).
    Then I wanted to change the uniform to the KDF-Romulan uniform... I didn't find it in the (advanced) list. I looked twice, still not there... Only the standard RRF uniforms and such what you get to see before you choose an allegiance.
    Returning to the simple uniform selection, I saw the option to don the FED-Romulan uniform - which didn't come up properly, either.
    I tried to load the outfit from another BOFF which had the right uniform (checking the "Just outfit" checkbox), but the changes were that she wore a simple shirt and tight pants with the color scheme from the uniform I wanted to load - and I had all the sudden created a sister of the BOFF whose uniform I tried to load...

• tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Updated my post to provide screenshots (current as of 10mins ago) and a new bug report number.

Tim
    edited October 2013
    tmichc wrote: »
    Updated my post to provide screenshots (current as of 10mins ago) and a new bug report number...
    Excellent. Thanks!

edited November 2013
    I added the clipping picture to post 144 above about the Romulan Klingon 1 Uniform Bugs...
    http://i.imgur.com/FEbzar6.jpg

edited November 2013
    Yesterday, I encounterd this issue about unusable KDF uniform slots with my petite Alien.
    Instantly filed a bug report (ID # 2,083,538).

4 of 7 slots I used were all the sudden unusable, the ones I still could use were the outfit I standardly wear and 2 based on the Standard KDF uniforms.
    This issue hurts me double, as I created a tall version of her to avoid having to jump on consoles in the academy and some other places, which now is unavailable.
    Also not available are the Bortasqu' uniform (including another tall version) and my risian off duty outfit.
  • diabolicaltroopdiabolicaltroop Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    On all my toons when I run S.O.I. the second time to get the weapon after getting the warp corp the first time through, the game changes my toon's uniform.

When I get out and go to tailor I cannot change the uniform to what as being worn in the first place. I can go and change the uniform pieces to correct but that cost me energy credits and even after I make the changes it will not allow me to ear or use or it does not even show the uniform as being changed.

I have just lost the credits I used to make the changes. This has happened on both Holodeck and Tribble. I am a lifer and I have paid to get extras in this game in particular I ground my rear-end off to get all the Honor guard stuff on all of my Klingon toons. On my minor toons such as my Romulan Character I am being told that my uniform pieces are not allowed even though I have earned them.

Oh a minor point I do not even show as a lifer on tribble what is up with that?:confused:
    KDF Ancient House of Seplch
    Dahar Master "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
    General Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
    Fleet Admiral Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer