Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    rhakatheredrhakathered Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Didn't see this listed in the OP, so apologies if it's already been reported.

I just picked up the Wells uniform and it looks like the pants colors can't be matched to the top very well.
    I had the same issue. There is a solution, however:
    Some uniforms, including the Wells pants have an "invisible" second color. Switch to one of those pants which has two color options and change both of them to the one you want to have, then switch back to the Wells one. It will fit.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    According to the latest patch notes, the undo/redo functionality in the tailor is being restored! :D

Btw, I'm not sure if this has been reported, but trying to use the korath trousers with any top other than the korath top on an orion female results in a rather odd looking gap between the torso and the trousers at the waist. There's also a metric f**k ton of colour linkage issues, as well as colour boxes that have no apparent effect.
    Plus the limited colour pallets on many parts of it. Oh, and the mesh weighting issue on the female collar that makes it look absolutely awful and even worse when the character turns their head. Actually, no that collar looks awful anyway and it should be made a separate piece from the korath top.

Gods, I really should have gone to tribble and done a test purchase first. To think I blew 200 lobi on that monstrosity after several weeks of not being able to log in and get the daily lobi due to the crash-on-startup bug!
    I need a beer.

• Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Frankly i just wish they would open up the color palettes for everything.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you wanna see a big TRIBBLE just use the korath top on a female as well. Some costumes just dont fit. Another exsmple would be the female admiral coat. Extremely wide hips and large TRIBBLE are the results
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Voth Light Soldier Uniform Issues

Current Status - Dec 6, 2013 - Forwarded to character team to evaluate.

Several days ago I got the Voth Light Soldier Uniform, and while I find it a great looking uniform (so much so, I've got my crew in it), but sadly, there are some bugs:

The armpits are missing and there are visible "seams" where the arms connect to the shoulder. The seams are a little difficult to see in these pictures, but if you zoom in, they are there. Also the seams are quite clear when your character is moving around. I've taken a few pictures, including one that shows my character's body sliders (that they aren't too extreme):

Missing Armpits and Visible Seams:
    http://i.imgur.com/3C3D3QI.jpg

Body Sliders
    http://i.imgur.com/0n025FC.jpg

Seams from another Angle
    http://i.imgur.com/bAksQTY.jpg

Submitted ticket ID #2,095,543.

After submitting the above ticket I noticed two other minor issues:

I found the costume had a Hip Layer which offered four color boxes. When I clicked on each box, I was able to successfully change colors normally, but regardless of which color I picked, the boxes remained black:
    http://i.imgur.com/Gv8ygBL.jpg

When putting the costume on Bridge Officers, I found that the colors for the accessories (shoulder pads, collar, chest gear, wrist/hip attach, feet, and belt) were linked. I couldn't change one without affecting the other. This wasn't too bad, as I wanted the pieces to match exactly anyway (in fact adding this as a option similar to how master colors are selected in Champions would be a great time saving feature), but if one wanted different colors, it's not possible.

Also, JohnGazman, FuturePastNow, and JoDarkRider have the following issues:
    johngazman wrote: »
    When using the Voth Soldier Uniform on a Gorn or a Ferasan, an additional option is added called "Bare Chest" which has two options; Bare Chest and Bare Chest Gorn/Ferasan - one of these options, when chosen, causes said Gorn or Ferasan's arms to turn pink (Image).

Using the other option causes the arms to revert to their natural colour, but the fact that this happens at all is an issue. Does not occur on Humans, Trill, Orions or Klingons.
    Picked up the Voth soldier Lobi costume. It's nice. I opened it on one of my KDF characters, a female Orion engineer. Some issues I noted:
    • The boots and belts don't work with the Warrior's Skirts (nor do the Orion sandal feet).
    • The color palette, while awesome, doesn't allow for easy color matching with other KDF parts (same problem with the Miner outfit).
    • The hip-cape thing gets twisted and tangled easily. It can be untangled, of course, but it may need a little more rigidity if possible. It also clips on the legs sometimes.
    • Is it intended that males and females have different chest-harness pieces? Having both as options either way would be nice.
    • Others have noted that Gorn and Caitian/Faresan forearms are untextured in certain combos, though I couldn't test this.

Edit: I didn't mean for that post to sound so complainy, I do like the costume.
    The chest piece - Voth Harness, clips with every upper uniform option except the Voth, T'Pol uniform and Veteran uniform. I tried to mix-up on a male character and it worked flawlessly just fine on every upper uniform piece, so maybe look into this as well? I'd love to mix the Voth parts on female character as well, without clipping issues.

One example for all - can't mitigate the issue on any settings.

Here the example of issue

Update:
    Dec 5, 2013 -
    I forwarded your issues on this to the rest of the character team to evaluate. Thanks!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Voth Heavy Combat Armor Issues

Current Status: Resolved as of Jan 30, 2014 - All remaining glowy bits have been fixed. The armor's color pallet and shoulder pads are working as intended, details below.

After completing the Dyson T5 Rep, purchasing all three pieces to the Mk XII ground sent, and running the Heavy Combat Armor Costume Unlock project, I found the following problems:

Here are two pictures of the armor when worn with "Show Visuals" enabled:
    http://i.imgur.com/JqI6qh5.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/9Ka7tD1.jpg

Here's the armor "costume", notice there are no glowy bits:
    http://i.imgur.com/TwYSk8d.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/QbRkT61.jpg

We can't make it look "canon", nor how we see it in our Rep. The color pallets don't match. Primary color pallet is only a few shades of dark-to-light-grey, the shoulder pads are different, and we can't make the glowy-bits on the chest and helmet light-up. This is much different than these examples from Tribble.

Updates:
    Dec 5, 2013 - In another thread, Brandon posted the following about my above pictures:
    I'm fairly confident this is not intended. I've passed the report along to the art team.

Later the same day, in that same thread, CrypticJoeJing replied:
    Hiya! Thanks for the heads up and feedback guys.

Soooo...in reverse order :)

1. Glowy bits not being glowy is definitely a bug (visor and chest lights). It absolutely shouldn't be black unless that's what you choose. Fix is going in as we speak! Should be in an upcoming build soon.

2. Shoulder pads are different by design to help differentiate between enemy critters and players.

3. Color palette differences are partially because the promo art was generated before the colors, textures, and materials were locked down for the armor. The main metal is intentionally limited to our grey metal color selections, but you should be able to get close to the shot with the three Voth. And the other two channels give a wide range of color options. That said, the shine and reflective properties of metal might look dramatically different depending what zone you are in (different lighting generates different results - same as real life, it's often just more noticeable on metal).

Dec 6, 2013 - When asked about the armor colors not matching the Dyson Experimental Gun, CrypticJoeJing replied:
    I actually don't personally know about the gun. I'll see what I find out from the team. It *might* be that the Dyson Experimental Rifle is ancient Dyson tech, which wouldn't necessarily match the Voth armor (who are not natives of the Dyson Sphere).
    Sooo...got the infos, yo:

The Dyson Ex. Rifle is "an Alliance-developed 'Anti-Voth' rifle. Hence the intentional disparity in style

It actually shoots 'Proton' energy, the exact opposite of Voth 'Anti-Proton' weaponry :)"

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thank you all for your patience, it's been a busy few weeks. I've added a couple new bugs I have with the Voth uniforms (above) and went through the thread to pick-up your reports since my last update.

Added to the OP:
    Jorumgandr: Rom Vet Uni back clipping.
    Canis36 and Murphysgesetz: Modifying non-uniform resets character.
    Johngazman and FuturePastNow: Voth Light Soldier issues added to my post (above).
    Frtoaster: Panels and Pockets changes.
    Lan451: Wells pants issue.

Need more info:
    Seniorkafei after today's patch (which fixes some female clipping and proportion issues), is this still an issue:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=13348811&postcount=156

Captaincreos: Fleet Emblem missing (Please post more specifics, perhaps list what races/uniforms you're trying to use, include pix, bug tkt, etc.)

Borthanius: You list several things in your e-mail with angst as though you've reported it before. Do you have bug ticket numbers, pictures, and/or any other details? Some of your complaints I can address directly: The TOS uniform costume set was only ever advertised as a Federation uniform, it wouldn't include KDF female TOS costumes, but it's a good idea and I've added this to the OP suggestion area. You can make TOS looking Klingons (I know, I've got one), not sure why you can't... Can you be more specific? With the exception of a handful of free costume changes you may earn during rank-up, all characters have to pay the Tailor EC when creating/modifying a costume. This is a normal game mechanic.

To Borthanius, Chrisolliec, Tpalelena: The issue with KDF Costume slots is Known, already listed in the OP, and even mentioned in today's Release Notes.

Starmada1, Shadowwraith77, and CaptainOblivous: Please provide links to pictures and, if available, ticket number.

If I missed anything, let me know.

• Options
    mynamesthedoctormynamesthedoctor Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Romulan and Borg Liberated Romulan females ought to be able to use the "Long" hairstyle, but presently can't. Bear in mind that Vulcan females can already use it and considering Romulans and Vulcans originated from a common species, and still share many very similar attributes and appearances, there is no reason why a Romulan female shouldn't be able to use that hairstyle as well.
  • Options
    shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Crypticjoejing, I know you read this thread.

The Female Romulan 22nd Century outfit is STILL BUGGED. It's been bugged since Day 1 of Season 7. It's been bugged through at least two 'supposed' fixes of the uniform (one of which did mostly correct male outfits).

The color palette is *still* the standard Federation palette for most parts while the Sash uses Federation Off Duty, so it *CANNOT* be matched to the rest of the outfit. At least if the whole outfit used the same (even if wrong) palette, everything would match. As it is, the outfit (that I and others *paid* for) is almost unusable because of the color mismatches.

Also, the Romulan 22nd Century outfit, when worn by Borg of either sex (such as the Reman Borg officer and Romulan Borg PCs), have no color palette *at all* on the majority of boots. Some boots work, but most cannot be changed beyond their default colors.

PLEASE, its about time that these bugs are taken care of!

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Oh, here's another bug that's persisted since day 1 of its release.

On female officers, the TMP Combadge does *not* allow coloration for department as it does on male officers. Again, its been like that since the TMP uniform was released. Maybe that could get fixed sometime this decade.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Havelock, unfortunately I can't post images. For some daft reason the forum simply won't let me post them. Also, the ticket number comes up as "Unknown" when I submit it, so I can't give a number :(
    The issues however, are very obvious especially the near total lack of colour pallet (four colours, each one being black or grey, each progressively lighter) for almost all the pieces and the problem with the metal collar piece.

The bugs are for the most part nothing that hasn't been reported before on other costumes. A shame really, because with a decent colour pallet (and the removal of that nasty collar) it'd be a nice outfit.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Might go here as well.

Voth costume Female

The chest piece - Voth Harness, clips with every upper uniform option except the Voth, T'Pol uniform and Veteran uniform. I tried to mix-up on a male character and it worked flawlessly just fine on every upper uniform piece, so maybe look into this as well? I'd love to mix the Voth parts on female character as well, without clipping issues.

One example for all - can't mitigate the issue on any settings.

Here the example of issue
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Havelock, unfortunately I can't post images. For some daft reason the forum simply won't let me post them...

To both CaptainOblivious and JoDarkRider, I request in the OP that you NOT post pictures in the forum post itself. If everyone posted pictures it would make the pages very long and cluttered (especially if others start to quote each other and their pix). I'd rather you post the pictures elsewhere and only add the link here.

I highly recommend imgur. You don't need to make any sort of account, there's no charge, it's simple to use, and your pic is hosted indefinitely (I believe so long as it's visited once every 90days or something like that). Just click the "Computer" button on the right under "Upload Images" and away you go...

• Options
    edited December 2013
    To both CaptainOblivious and JoDarkRider, I request in the OP that you NOT post pictures in the forum post itself. If everyone posted pictures it would make the pages very long and cluttered (especially if others start to quote each other and their pix). I'd rather you post the pictures elsewhere and only add the link here.

I highly recommend imgur. You don't need to make any sort of account, there's no charge, it's simple to use, and your pic is hosted indefinitely (I believe so long as it's visited once every 90days or something like that). Just click the "Computer" button on the right under "Upload Images" and away you go...
    There, fixed for you, sorry about that.

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 

• Options
    crypticjoejingcrypticjoejing Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    Voth Light Soldier Uniform Issues

I forwarded your issues on this to the rest of the character team to evaluate. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    There, fixed for you, sorry about that.
    Thanks, I appreciate your flexibility. I added your complaints to my master post.
    Your help is invaluable in this matter CrypticJJ! Thanks!! :)

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Since I am reporting bugs, here's another.

Female Odyssey Uniform

Vice Admiral rank pips do not mirror on the collar like on the male version of the uniform.
    So there's just one VA pip, on one side of the collar. Makes it kinda hard to distinguish from Captain rank, and it's kind of a habit of VA rank pips to mirror - ie Academy uniform or any 'classic' uniform I can think of. Would love to see the rank on both sides on the collar for females as well. :)

Male version

Female version

• Options
    edited December 2013

I know not to post images in directly, but I just can't post even urls into the forum. It literally will not let me post with them (recent thing, started a few days back) so hosting elsewhere is no good for me.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    At some point I'll have to add all the gender/races with the KHG uniform problems so it has every specific problem. I think I posted it somewhere once but can't remember where.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

What about the issues on the Female Romulan 22nd Century uniform that's been broken for quite a bit longer than the Voth Soldier uniform? Were those forwarded also?

• Options
    edited December 2013
    shantavi wrote: »
    What about the issues on the Female Romulan 22nd Century uniform that's been broken for quite a bit longer than the Voth Soldier uniform? Were those forwarded also?

Just did :)
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And what about the KDF costume issues? Literally, several Costume Slots are completely bonkers, due to "Sphere of Influence".
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Checked my post about lack of mirrored VA rank pips on female Odyssey uniform collar too? It's on previous page of this thread.

• Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Romulan Republic - Romulan Civilian Work Boots

The Romulan Civilian Work boots, part of Cryptics preset Engineer outfit in the Tailor, are missing their color pallet, and only Black is available as a color. This means it doesn't even match the graphic shown for the Engineer outfit, which is a mostly brown color.

It be great if the same pallet used for the other Romulan Civilian Work items could be added to the boots.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Excellent. Thanks, Crypticjoe.

• Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    druhin wrote: »
    And what about the KDF costume issues? Literally, several Costume Slots are completely bonkers, due to "Sphere of Influence".

The problems are older than tha. My 3rd and 4th costume slots are broken, cannot wear, rename, modify or delete them. Also my unlocked tier 5 Task Force Omega tailor options (fur collar for Honor Guard set) have disppeared.

All this happened already 2 or 3 months ago or so...
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    shamalama60shamalama60 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Another KDF here. I have one Uniform that works great, one Off Duty Casual that works great, and a Another Uniform that I cannot either wear or modify, just takes up a valuable slot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I feel your pain, Klingon fans. A lot of us do and we are aware of a lot of issues and things are under consideration for fixes/improvements.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I have a question for you CrypticJoeJing, perhaps you can answer:

The new Red and Green Winter Jackets/Coats do not come with matching Belts as the old Black, Brown, and White ones do.

Here you can see my character has unlocked the Red and Green Jackets/Coats:
    http://i.imgur.com/MxPCidN.jpg

Here you can see there's no Belt - Wintercoat Red or Belt - Wintercoat Green:
    http://i.imgur.com/tcduSNv.jpg

So my question is: Is this a Bug or WAI?