test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    NPCs at Starfleet Academy are now wearing Odyssey uniforms. I think this is a bug.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1173931
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    NPCs at Starfleet Academy are now wearing Odyssey uniforms. I think this is a bug.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1173931

Sounds like this is intentional:
    Academy instructors are just officers and wear officer uniforms.

https://twitter.com/Cryptic_TtC/status/489978952207720449
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    BOFFs in general are being looked at to add customization to some, and fix bugs for them as well. When all the bare skin options are completed, there is good chance that even more customization will be added to existing BOFFs, and perhaps some will be made customizable that were not before. But all these changes will take place over time, and not all at once.
    Well that sounds good, even if it is extremely vague. Fingers crossed for alien tails....while you're at it a reptilian tail would be aces.

I'm still waiting patiently for the body slider upgrades coming down the pipeline....they are still coming down the pipeline right???
    toiva wrote: »
    Yes, all KDF uniforms and no FED uniforms. Game-wise, they have nothing common with FEDs anymore, they are part of KDF.

On the other hand, Diplomacy Boffs are 'visiting, on stage or on exchange' on FED ships, they remain part of KDF and thus keep KDF costumes.
    Which is bull TRIBBLE. My Orion Boff has nothing to do with the Empire in fact her family actively avoided Melani Di'an's move and went independent.

Forcing her into Klingon gear is not logical.
    First off, this new glitch. All the skirts have this weird mesh at the front, and if you have two different colours on it you get.. this: http://i.imgur.com/Tme9LeA.png (Done on Sharayya@kalliestratis)(Sorry for the last link, some kind of mess-up with the clipboard.)
    The off-coloured area is also a different texture from the rest around it.

Precisely, it only seems to happen with the Odyssey top, but it's very frustrating. And isn't the Odysey supposed to have its own skirt in the first place?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    edited July 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Precisely, it only seems to happen with the Odyssey top, but it's very frustrating. And isn't the Odysey supposed to have its own skirt in the first place?

No, the "official" Odyssey skirt is the Academy skirt.
    Starfleet Academy goes with both Odyssey and SFA uniforms.

https://twitter.com/Cryptic_TtC/status/490285293908414465

(I feel like I'm stalking the guy.)
    edited July 2014

Thanks. Crypticfrost already replied in the other thread.
    qVpg1km.png
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wearing the Miner short sleeve shirt on my Fed Andorian Engineer makes my arms and chest turn invisible, but only when worn under the "off duty" tab.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No, the "official" Odyssey skirt is the Academy skirt.

https://twitter.com/Cryptic_TtC/status/490285293908414465

(I feel like I'm stalking the guy.)

Well...that kind of bites. I'm not buying the Academy Uniform until my Orion Diplomacy BOFF can wear Starfleet uniforms...since she's the only cadet on my ship.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    edited July 2014
    The second hair color update mentioned by crypticjoejing never made it live. See the bug report below.

Second hair color update never happened
    qVpg1km.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    The second hair color update mentioned by crypticjoejing never made it live. See the bug report below.

Second hair color update never happened
    that update is probably coming with all the rest of them in xpac 2
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited July 2014
    that update is probably coming with all the rest of them in xpac 2

At one point, crypticjoejing thought the hair color update was on Tribble.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16720841&postcount=119

But if it was on Tribble any time in the past few months, then it should have made it to Holodeck by now.
    qVpg1km.png
    edited July 2014
    Some issues with the newly added Bortasqu' variants:

Bortasqu' Warrior Upper - Not available in the Jacket Armored category for male Klingons. It appears there for female Klingons, and being able to use it with armor is likely intentional since Commander Bo'roth on the Bortasqu' crew does just that. I cannot test this on other races currently, as my crew is entirely Klingon.

Bortasqu' Operative Shoulder Pads - Cannot be recolored at all, neither palette entry has any noticeable effect on their coloration.

Bortasqu' Ceremonial Collar - The adornment on this collar doesn't seem to be fully recolored by the second palette entry.

Bortasqu' Operative Collar - The second palette entry doesn't change the color of the metal trim, as it does on other pieces.

Bortasqu' Ceremonial/Guardian/Warrior Wrist Attach - May be intentional, but the first palette entry uses the standard KDF uniform palette, not the palette used for metal trim, despite applying to the trim closest to the hands. This makes it impossible to have all the trim on these gauntlets match. On the Warrior gauntlets, this also means the trim will change with the color of half the gauntlet and gloves.

Bortasqu' Operative Wrist Attach - The second and third palette entries don't appear to recolor anything on these bracers.

Bortasqu' Skirt - Third palette entry doesn't appear to change anything.

Suggestion: Make the fingerless gloves currently in place on the Bortasqu' Warrior gauntlets into a hands option, so that they can be used with other gauntlets.
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    With the new uniforms online, I wanted to get my Bortasqu' uniform up to date. (Thanks for the skirt!)

There I found the shoulder pads being quite a bit oversized and hovering a few inches above the shoulder: http://imgur.com/J5d13Kt

As I was at the tailor, I thought about finally donning my KGH Armor. But...
    First of all, it seemed to me like the clothes were a little oversized, just as if they hadn't had clothes for her small frame (she's the shortest you can make an alien - 4' something... 1,37m).

And then there was some severe clipping:
    Front: http://imgur.com/x9F1Q3x
    Back: http://imgur.com/o4tUKxl

There was also some clipping on the back of the neck (with neck bulge slider to max), only visible without the extra collar.

Is it intentional that you can't unequip the shoulder pads? I recognize that they have to be in place if you want to wear the cape, but without it?

Someone else mentioned issues with some of the SF-skirts. I've seen that too, if the stomach bulge slider goes to the right end of its range, there's a rectangular portion of the waistband clipping into the stomach. Reminds me of the Romulan TOS skirt issue.

I think some of the clothing issues could be solved with some extra polygons for the char models - they're still quite low poly.

I almost forgot...

There are still massive problems loading saved outfits. Most of the time, you get a mixup of some standard uniform parts instead of the actual uniform. Sometimes, you might get the color scheme of the loaded uniform or one of the parts, but you'd better not bet on it.
    I'm not talking about trying to get a uniform loaded on an off duty slot ot vice versa.
    It usually happens if I try to fit my bridge uniform for all of my boffs.

-The floating shoulder pads in that screenshot could definitely be looked at again.

-Regarding the Shoulder Pads - it was intended originally that the shoulder pads were always going to appear with the Honor Guard set.

-Regarding the clipping - I've made a bug report it's being prioritized (will probably be put in the batch of general fixes which are updated every week or so).

As for the loading of saved costumes, I'll pass what you've stated along to our programmers, but more information (such as specific examples) would be good to have (it would help speed up the process of resolution).
    edited August 2014
    Bug with the new Odyssey long jacket: Captain rank insignia clips into the collar. Alien female.

This has been addressed. Originally, the bug was caught on the Admiral+ pips on certain Odyssey Uppers. That was then addressed. Today, I sent in a fix for the rest of the Pips, and it looks like it's been resolved here - It's going through confirmation as I speak.
    edited August 2014
    First off, this new glitch. All the skirts have this weird mesh at the front, and if you have two different colours on it you get.. this: http://i.imgur.com/Tme9LeA.png (Done on Sharayya@kalliestratis)(Sorry for the last link, some kind of mess-up with the clipboard.)

As for the caitian glitch? All the Caitians (and Ferasans) made before season 8, at least on my account and my friends, it's impossible to rename any outfits because they 'contain invalid parts'. When you've got 20-30 outfits all named 'New Outfit' it's nearly impossible to figure out which one you're supposed to be using.. The only way to rename them is to rename an old one and immediately create a new one from it - that one will have the name you tried to give the old one, but that one will still be called 'New Outfit'. So..yeah, annoying.

http://i.imgur.com/Dd2CzoY.png and http://i.imgur.com/iFXcT4x.png are my attempts to rename an outfit. This happens on these characters for certain:
    K'Laliti@kalliestratis
    K'Mantess@kalliestratis
    Chakat Wintermane@slinkiisu
    L'Exodus@slinkiisu
    K'Rikku@slinkiisu
    K'Sami@deltarho
    K'Mikkassa@deltarho
    S'Muei@deltarho
    Kiei@darksideoflight

I can't confirm any others since no one else has shown me screenshots of this not working for them, but if this happens to you, reply!

The skirts issue (at least for the Sierra) was fixed today, and is going through testing right now. As for the invalid parts issue - I'll send this info to our programmers. I'm not sure what they will do, but hopefully they will find a resolution.
    edited August 2014
    slinkiisu wrote: »
    This is like...the biggest issue I've seen in tailor. Aside from not including things like tails on aliens (which would be awesome), this is just...insanely pointless. Both KDF and Fed aliens are capable of nearly impossible proportions, being as small as 4'6 for example, and having almost any eye colour. Republic aliens are RESTRICTED to ONLY the standard alterations for any preset race. The only difference between a Republic Alien and a Republic Romulan, is that you can give them stripes, spikes, or funky ears. I'd really like to be able to make my Republic alien the same height as the one it's based on, but at the moment the one it's based on is chest-height of the Republic one. Thank you, Cryptic.

Thanks, we'll take a look.
    edited August 2014
    There are other bugs we are dealing with including those on the Bortasqu set, clipping pieces, and color linking issues. Thanks for all your comments, and the information you provide.
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My KDF Character Ch'arr-lei@Jackal1701a STILL has two costumes that he cannot wear (KHG and KGH Helmet). They are visible o
    in the tailor but i cannot edit them and I can not select them to wear. This was a known bug and caused by the first Dyson mission (Sphere of Influence). A subsequent patch was supposed to fix it, but it did not.

Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    any news on when the Borg Infected complexion will get fixed to be full body?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited August 2014
    My KDF Character Ch'arr-lei@Jackal1701a STILL has two costumes that he cannot wear (KHG and KGH Helmet). They are visible o
    in the tailor but i cannot edit them and I can not select them to wear. This was a known bug and caused by the first Dyson mission (Sphere of Influence). A subsequent patch was supposed to fix it, but it did not.

Thanks

The team is investigating issues related to this. Your character name and feedback are a big help. I'll send your information to the team and they may contact you if they need further info.
    edited August 2014
    any news on when the Borg Infected complexion will get fixed to be full body?

It is on the list just like the Caitian and Ferasan full skin textures are. The artist tasked with this is currently scheduled for something else at the moment, but when his task is complete he will go back to doing more skin options.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It is on the list just like the Caitian and Ferasan full skin textures are. The artist tasked with this is currently scheduled for something else at the moment, but when his task is complete he will go back to doing more skin options.

That's great news! My Borg Captain has been wearing gloves for years...it won't be a pretty sight when he finally takes them off. :P
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would like to ask a fair question. If we can customize our android BOFF, why cant we customize our Photonic Sci officer?
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wilv wrote: »
    I would like to ask a fair question. If we can customize our android BOFF, why cant we customize our Photonic Sci officer?

Don't take this as an official answer, but I believe they put a lot of work into the Android boff to make it as customizable as it is.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • hmallow42hmallow42 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm able to use Odyssey 1 and Odyssey 2 with the various Odyssey uniforms, but not on any others. I have to make do with the Alternate Future badge with its backing set to match the uniform top.

Is this intentional or a bug? Either way, please make it possible to use these (awesome) badges on more uniforms.
    edited August 2014

As for the caitian glitch? All the Caitians (and Ferasans) made before season 8, at least on my account and my friends, it's impossible to rename any outfits because they 'contain invalid parts'. When you've got 20-30 outfits all named 'New Outfit' it's nearly impossible to figure out which one you're supposed to be using.. The only way to rename them is to rename an old one and immediately create a new one from it - that one will have the name you tried to give the old one, but that one will still be called 'New Outfit'. So..yeah, annoying.

http://i.imgur.com/Dd2CzoY.png and http://i.imgur.com/iFXcT4x.png are my attempts to rename an outfit. This happens on these characters for certain:
    K'Laliti@kalliestratis
    K'Mantess@kalliestratis
    Chakat Wintermane@slinkiisu
    L'Exodus@slinkiisu
    K'Rikku@slinkiisu
    K'Sami@deltarho
    K'Mikkassa@deltarho
    S'Muei@deltarho
    Kiei@darksideoflight

I can't confirm any others since no one else has shown me screenshots of this not working for them, but if this happens to you, reply!

So according to our tests, if you go into one of your costumes, change something in it, then save it - you should be able to rename that costume.
  • summerwolfesummerwolfe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Has there been any word when we will be able to customize our borg boffs?
    edited August 2014
    hmallow42 wrote: »
    I'm able to use Odyssey 1 and Odyssey 2 with the various Odyssey uniforms, but not on any others. I have to make do with the Alternate Future badge with its backing set to match the uniform top.

Is this intentional or a bug? Either way, please make it possible to use these (awesome) badges on more uniforms.

If you are saying that you can use Odyssey Upper 1 and Upper 2, and then you cannot wear any other Uppers that you are valid to wear - then that does sound strange.

Please inform us of your character's race, stats, gender, level, etc.
    A screenshot would be great as well.

Edit: After reading your post again it sounds like you cannot mix and match valid uniform options with the Odyssey stuff - if that's the case, then please provide us more information to take a look.
    edited August 2014
    Has there been any word when we will be able to customize our borg boffs?

Borg Boffs customization is tied a lot to their skin options. When their skin options are completed, we will look at them again for possible customization - as well as other races that could benefit from their own skin options being completed. It may happen in a few weeks or a few months - I can't say at the moment.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Borg Boffs customization is tied a lot to their skin options. When their skin options are completed, we will look at them again for possible customization - as well as other races that could benefit from their own skin options being completed. It may happen in a few weeks or a few months - I can't say at the moment.

What kind of customization would this involve?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • tiberius7picardtiberius7picard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you are saying that you can use Odyssey Upper 1 and Upper 2, and then you cannot wear any other Uppers that you are valid to wear - then that does sound strange.

Edit: After reading your post again it sounds like you cannot mix and match valid uniform options with the Odyssey stuff - if that's the case, then please provide us more information to take a look.

The situation is this: the Odyssey 1 (Tactical) badge can only be used on the Odyssey and Odyssey Tactical uniforms. It cannot be used on, say, the Antares 1 upper, etc.

I don't have the Odyssey Dress uniform so I cannot testify about its components.
    Lifetime Subscriber since October 31st, 2014
    Star Trek Online Captain since September, 2012