What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway - Day 1 [Now Complete]

Comments

• Options
    megtrekkiemegtrekkie Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For your information the KDF and romulans got the same reward as the fed today check all faction and see that the DS9 costume is in all three factions
  • Options
    artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the impression i got from this is that all 3 factions
    would be allowed to wear the uniform regardless
    of its limitations.

a real let down...got all excited for nothing.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Me has it already :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited August 2013
    i sure hope we get some KDF stuff..

im not sure why they didnt put a fed and kdf uniform for free.. unless maybe tomorrow is the kdf one.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    crappyturbocrappyturbo Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    He did a complete exit form the game and then logged back in and it is still not there
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    Same problem. I have the upper part unlocked on the tailor for some reason, but I didn't find the lower part.

Also, the DS9 bundle is gone from the list.

If I'm remembering correctly, there is no lower part. The pants of the DS9 uniform are just the TNG pants, so the only thing that gets unlocked is the top part.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    stevencentauraistevencentaurai Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Confirmed, redeemable on Federation-aligned Romulans as well. Thank you!
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    Same problem. I have the upper part unlocked on the tailor for some reason, but I didn't find the lower part.

Also, the DS9 bundle is gone from the list.

There are no DS9 pants. :)
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Might be worth including a KDF-only item in the mix somewhere. Not that I'd get much from it - I don't really play klinks. Just sayin'. ;)

Like what the KDF only have one C store uniform, and the Feds have a bunch....not much to give in the wardrobe department for the KDF.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are excited to announce that today's FREE C-Store item is the Deep Space 9 Uniform! Read more for full details, including claiming instructions.

Click here to read more.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11845501&postcount=326

1st day a uniform that was on the exchange for 30k ec.

Day 3 is less then day 1 and 2..
    So day 3 will be a tibble.
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • Options
    chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    DS9 Uniform, don't have that one. Very nice, many thanks. ::)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • Options
    blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As I mentioned in my posts in the main thread (click here to see them all), on the days that we are giving away ships (3, Wednesday through Friday), there will be a Fed and KDF ship to claim -- on the days that are not ships (today and tomorrow), it will be Federation only.

No Romulan items will be given away as they are less than 3 months old.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

And.. The KDF is 3 1/2 Years Old... Sorry but, WE Should At Least Get Something The First Two Days.
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    prynnce wrote: »
    I am a legacy user, and the item does not show up in my appearance list under all, there is no mention of DS9 anywhere in my lists, several users seem to be missing the option of purchasing the item for free!.
    There is no Deep Space 9 uniform in the Appearance section of the in-game c-store on any of my Federation characters. Nor is it listed anywhere else that I can find. I restarted the client, changed chars, nothing.

If you're not seeing it in the C-Store, you most likely already have the uniform. Maybe you purchased it from the Lobi store in the past?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    valetheonvaletheon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Confirmed, redeemable on Federation-aligned Romulans as well. Thank you!

Looking at that makes me think it was not intended...
    "Sometimes we're freakin idiots, and that's fun" -Fleetmate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One of many reminders that i'm not a REAL Romulan. >_<
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If it's not available to claim it means you already have it - either by buying it earlier or from some other promotion: such as a boxset. And as others have said, there are no DS9 pants.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    If I'm remembering correctly, there is no lower part. The pants of the DS9 uniform are just the TNG pants, so the only thing that gets unlocked is the top part.

So they lied to us YET AGAIN.

Is anyone really surprised?

I checked my legacy unlocks -- it isn't there either. Not in the C-Store, not in the tailor, NOWHERE.

They never should have claimed to be giving things away if they had NO intention of actually doing so. It's really no loss on our part, but it solidifies PWE's position as douchebag corperation.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

there are no account wide Tribbles on the C store anymore.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you're not seeing it in the C-Store, you most likely already have the uniform. Maybe you purchased it from the Lobi store in the past?
    Not that I recall. But, I went to the tailors and it is available to me there, so the game thinks I already own it for some reason.

I bet it was part of the Collector's Edition unlock
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    valetheon wrote: »

Romulans can't wear that uniform anyway, but their Fed Boffs could.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I actually didn't. All my posts can be found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11849521&postcount=354

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

lol :D True, you didn't, I think I've started to understand how you guys think. ;) I was pretty close though, but you're giving away ships for 3 days! Awesome! :D I'm glad I wasn't right about that one being only friday! :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013

My values are based off the ZEN cost of the item in the C-Store. No Tribbles are being given away during this promo.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    valetheon wrote: »

Fed Roms can unlock the uniform for Fed BO.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As I mentioned in my posts in the main thread (click here to see them all), on the days that we are giving away ships (3, Wednesday through Friday), there will be a Fed and KDF ship to claim -- on the days that are not ships (today and tomorrow), it will be Federation only.

Was hoping for KDF costume tomorrow, but given the lack of uniform options in the C-Store (hint, hint) I don't suppose it's that surprising.

I think I can use the DS9 uniform... I don't remember if I already have it or not.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    damix4damix4 Member Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for giving us free stuff :)
    Ok for those of us who are Romulan and Klingons this is pretty much snub. We get squat.

I feel cheated. Sure its free and all but I still feel cheated.

Kdf will get their item tomorrow. Rom items are too new (they are still making money from those items). So there is no reason to feel cheated.
  • Options
    starhoundstarhound Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I bought this on the exchange about a year ago for around 30k EC...so im a smidge underwhelmed but free is free!

Onwards and upwards from here I hope.
    We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenberry
  • Options
    valetheonvaletheon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    Romulans can't wear that uniform anyway, but their Fed Boffs could.

Ah k. Was thinking they mean't for their actual character.
    "Sometimes we're freakin idiots, and that's fun" -Fleetmate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One of many reminders that i'm not a REAL Romulan. >_<
  • Options
    prynnceprynnce Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I honestly have not purchased anything from the lobi store, so no I have not purchased it.

[11:21] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,922,877.
  • Options
    contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Trying to act like this is some grand conspiracy by Cryptic to TRIBBLE over ~the loyal customers~ is just embarrassing yourself.
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I vote for giving everyone complaining now a one week ban for being severely ungrateful about FREE STUFF. :V

Shame on you.

Anyway, thank you Cryptic, I now got the last costume I didn't have, for free. xD

I dont play Fed, I should be angry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Very nice. I had my eye on this uniform for a while.

Thank you Brandon and all involved.:)
    yjkZSeM.gif
This discussion has been closed.