test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway Announcement!

Comments

• natewest1natewest1 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm at work right now, what's the giveaway today?
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Got to admit I was almost correct with todays when I said TOS uniform it the command one but it's still TOS:

Tomorrow I predict: Delta Flyer and Toran Shuttle
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They will be giving away ships on other days, including Klingon.
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Somebody call a whaaaaambulance. :rolleyes:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *Tries to read a topic about giveaways, sees rambling about weapons grades and fleet something, then gives up in confusion*

A good rant at least has a point. This reads like your anger asplode on your keyboard.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The KDF don't have C store uniforms they only have one...Romulans are to New to give away, and Brandon said that ahead that Romulans are not getting anything...and KDF are getting ships day 3-5.

And what does this giveaway have to do with anything on that list.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • annahmaria1annahmaria1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    darkblood,

The community manager explained how it will work with the free giveaway here for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJB55GOsvaA
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dark4blood wrote: »
    ^And this is why some things never get fixed, I am not asking for the world, as I have most things in this game. I am suggesting easy things that could help this game become better an grow.

Continue acting like a child though, it will surely help this game...surely.

Yes, complaining about free items, is surely more mature.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *Tries to read a topic about giveaways, sees rambling about weapons grades and fleet something, then gives up in confusion*
    Yeah, that pretty well covers it.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Free items that most players already have...especially anyone that was around slightly before the last patch this year. Again I am not even asking about ships or great giveaways that will make players flock to the game, I am saying they need to cover ALL factions. That is why this topics says Cryptics Continued Lack of Forethought. This seems to happen more often, it is called a PATTERN.
    First, most is not all. Second, there are thousands of new players who came with FTP and thousands more who came with LoR. They don't have that stuff. It's nice if some of them can get it and use it.

The next 3 days are going to be ships for both Factions. My son loves the KDF but doesn't own most of the ships. It'll be great for him to get the ships and the consoles for free. There might even be a ship in there I don't own. Again, getting it for free is a good thing.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am suggesting easy things that could help this game become better an grow.

Really?
    Faction issues:

* No real conflict between the factions.

Yeah, that sounds like an easy fix to me.

/rolleyes
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,431 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    Roll a FED alt and collect the free costumes. Stop complaining.
    Heck, I rolled a KDF, even though I don't really like the Klink design aesthetic that much and thus haven't really played them much, just so that when we start getting ships I can get a crack at both kinds.

(Incidentally, Malthit made Captain last night. I've been letting the random name generator take care of naming my ships; he went to the Shipyard and took possession of the Puch-class raptor IKS Ti'bag. :) )
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    I'm curious;I have six characters, two FEDs at levels (I think) 31 & 35, two KDFs at levels... 25 & 29(?) and two Republic Characters that are still in their teens.

Should you release a Free Tier #5 Ship, I'd seriously miss out. There ain't no way I'm going to be able to get all six of my characters to level 50. :(

My play style is unorthodox but it is what works best for me; my 22 active characters are spread across 8 accounts, and of my many planned characters 4-5 will be made after the summer event ends and the rest are pending the necessary unlocks/purchases. One of the characters i wanted to make in open beta/launch was a Fed Klingon and finally made him for the summer event though couldn't get him to Lv 10 in time to participate. I have spent money on 3 accounts and have Zen on 4. I intend to go lifetime on my 2 core accounts and maybe a third when i can afford to do so.

So as it stands my handful of Lv 50 chars are on only 3 of these accounts and it will be a struggle to get 3 chars to Lv 50 though i will try. But i'm way behind on 2 chars flying around collecting Lohlunat Favours for 14 chars to get better floaters so, we'll see.

I hope that at least they'll start with the tier 2 Refits then tier 3 Advanced ships. My greatest concern here is even if i have adequate chars for faction and Lv to claim and not having any ship slots for them. Can we get a crate or at least the unluck until we can afford the slots? because there is no way i can afford to buy any zen before Friday and even then there's no way i can throw money at more than 2 accounts at most. I fear many players will have qualifying characters bot no slots. Even though i'm catching up on the threads i've already seen several posts reference getting rid of ships to make room, which hardly seems fair from my persepective, and many seem to share that sentiment.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • tomgorgastomgorgas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Me, I would rather get another uniform set, one that I don't have right now, say, the Bajoran Militia set. One of my chars is Bajoran, and the set would fit in nicely, since I'm working on her to have all Bajorans as BOFF's
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Heck, I rolled a KDF, even though I don't really like the Klink design aesthetic that much and thus haven't really played them much, just so that when we start getting ships I can get a crack at both kinds.

(Incidentally, Malthit made Captain last night. I've been letting the random name generator take care of naming my ships; he went to the Shipyard and took possession of the Puch-class raptor IKS Ti'bag. :) )

I'll raise a cup to THAT ship name.... AWESOME!
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, two fed side outfits DS9 and TOS Captain's Wrap. A shuttle, Yellowstone Runabout and To'Duj fighter, a Rhode Island class and Phalanx Science Ships. And a Nebula Class and an Orion Carrier.

Not Bad.

I was hoping for a Galaxy X, but a Nebula is cool. Be nice to have if I ever get around to rolling a Fed Sci. And this is my very first carrier, so I'm looking forward to the test drive. Not to mention testing the raiders.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    So, two fed side outfits DS9 and TOS Captain's Wrap. A shuttle, Yellowstone Runabout and To'Duj fighter, a Rhode Island class and Phalanx Science Ships. And a Nebula Class and an Orion Carrier.

Not Bad...
    Agreed. My Main/LTS Account had both the uniforms and T5 ships (Days 1, 2, and 5), but was able to pick-up the Day 3's small craft (both Yellowstone and To'Duj) and the Day 4 middling ships (Rhode Island and Phalanx).

Not a blowout for me, granted, but free is free and I'm pleased to have received what got. For free!

And my Alt/Silver account was able to claim everything. So that was really a nice Win!

THANK YOU CRYPTIC!

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • albertwesker45albertwesker45 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    will there be a same type of giveaway in the winter during the December?
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hafta give props to Cryptic here. They did a good job w/ this give away. and some cool stuff too.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for all the gifts. Much appreciated.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This was a really nice idea and although for me personally I already had everything except the Yellowstone I am sure it helped out a lot of new players. Are we likely to see this kind of event repeated I wonder?
    If we are to be getting another event such as this, it wont be for a while.

It's been what, three (and a half) years now since STO launched, and this is the first time they've run this sort of promotion. We shouldn't expect another one any time soon.

What we need to do though (as a community) is not buy the things we want most, then we'll get it for free in three years time. :P
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • mav75mav75 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the gifts!
  • xathanael#5083 xathanael Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks a ton PWE/Cryptic.

The Nebula Sci Ship really came in handy for my Sci Toon

Great way to show appreciation to all the players (even though some might of already had what was given away) but its the thought that counts right?
  • rodirhalrodirhal Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are excited to announce that we will be giving away FREE C-Store items next week. As we will feature something different every day (Monday 8/12/13 - Friday 8/16/13), you won't want to miss out! Read more for details.

Click here to read more.

Thank you for the gifts. :)
  • coryb77coryb77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Damn I'm always on vacation when they do these types of things. I missed the last two winter events and now I missed this awesome giveaway. Bummer.
  • justiceface825justiceface825 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What Corby said :(