What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway Announcement!

Comments

• Options
    ehoopehoop Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For those moaning that they might not get something because they've already paid for it and expecting to be compensated for it, I'm sorry, but just because you're naive, clueless or just plain ignorant and don't understand the way the world works doesn't entitle you to special treatment. In many things, online gaming especially, you will find people are given something you paid for or earned for free. It happens, it's very common. Unless you are pitifully clueless you must have known when you made the purchase that it might one day be given to others for free, after all, the entire game was! If you didn't then your naivety doesn't entitle you to compensation, just pity.
  • Options
    ulyssesukulyssesuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you have claimed it before it disappears from the appearance tab on that characters c-store.

Just go to tailor customize clothing and use the modify / create uniform to change a non fleet uniform slot to a ds9 tv series uniform 'apply to character'
  • Options
    ltcmdjamescoreltcmdjamescore Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just going to pop this here for anyone not happy with their freebies... try THESE instead :D

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/star-trek-online-holodeck-pack-key-giveaway/

Just create an account and claim your code. 2000 left, roughly.

Bloody good post!
    izNBNFT.jpg
  • Options
    corpsageddoncorpsageddon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    robeasom wrote: »
    Considering you can buy a leech console of the exchange now it isn't ruled out

KDFs can't. And even if they could, infinite, account-wide access would lessen the value of lock-box keys and allow KDF Roms to spend that 2 million+ EC on other stuff. That and the obscene amount of contraband they can get from Doffs might be enough to make me change faction completely.
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So it says:

To claim:

1. Log into the game on a Federation character
    2. Visit the in-game C-Store via the button on the minimap
    3. Navigate to the ?Appearance? tab on the left
    4. Scroll down to and click on the ?Deep Space 9 Uniform? item
    5. Click the ?Claim? button towards the bottom-right of the interface
    NOTE: If you already have this item, you will be unable to claim it again

Yet no where in the APpearance tab of the C-Store do I find the DS9 Uniform...:confused:

it worked for me, I signed in just now with one of my fed characters, and clicked on the zen store, and clicked on the appearance tab, and voila, there it was, the top
    choice. Clicked on 'claim' and got it.

For those who it didn't work for... try signing in and out a couple times perhaps...

or see if you already have it perhaps... or try a different fed character, if you have one.

Thank you STO and Cryptic.
    :)
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Apparently some people can't see the uniform. Could be a bug or something. Just in case, double check the list and also look under legacy unlocks to make sure you don't have it already.
  • Options
    sin99sin99 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Works fine
  • Options
    dhalium87dhalium87 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    is every thing going to be for the feds, if so that would really suck for the roms and klings because again they will be locked out if your not fed you do not count as player in this game thats the feeling i get lately

sorry if i angerde someone with this reply
  • Options
    sin99sin99 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I imagine there's going to be one day it's for Fed, then next day maybe Rom then next Kling

order may vary
  • Options
    anyamaraxiamaraanyamaraxiamara Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sin99 wrote: »
    I imagine there's going to be one day it's for Fed, then next day maybe Rom then next Kling

order may vary

No, they will give the merc uniform, which can be used by all faction as off duty that way they give "Something for everyone" in one shot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Simi - Anyamara - Xiamara
  • Options
    chi1701dchi1701d Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Apparently some people can't see the uniform. Could be a bug or something. Just in case, double check the list and also look under legacy unlocks to make sure you don't have it already.

May not be in the zen store as it people may have already got it as DLC. DLC Code for in-game 'Deep Space Nine' uniform set was part of the Gold edition when the game was launched.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chi1701d wrote: »
    May not be in the zen store as it people may have already got it as DLC. DLC Code for in-game 'Deep Space Nine' uniform set was part of the Gold edition when the game was launched.

plus it dropped as part of the Cardassian lockbox before they revamped it...
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dhalium87 wrote: »
    is every thing going to be for the feds, if so that would really suck for the roms and klings because again they will be locked out if your not fed you do not count as player in this game thats the feeling i get lately

sorry if i angerde someone with this reply
    Regarding the bolded part, that would be true if Cryptic was not going to be saying that Romulans are not going to be able to participate, which Bran specifically said that they're ineligible, because they're too new. KDF is more than likely tomorrow.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    dhalium87dhalium87 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Regarding the bolded part, that would be true if Cryptic was not going to be saying that Romulans are not going to be able to participate, which Bran specifically said that they're ineligible, because they're too new. KDF is more than likely tomorrow.

thank you for clearing that up for me
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So it says:

To claim:

1. Log into the game on a Federation character
    2. Visit the in-game C-Store via the button on the minimap
    3. Navigate to the ?Appearance? tab on the left
    4. Scroll down to and click on the ?Deep Space 9 Uniform? item
    5. Click the ?Claim? button towards the bottom-right of the interface
    NOTE: If you already have this item, you will be unable to claim it again

Yet no where in the APpearance tab of the C-Store do I find the DS9 Uniform...:confused:

Editing for clarification for those who will joyously run in screaming "Then you already bought it duh!" : It is not in my "Already Purchased" section either.
    kimmym wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one, no DS9 uniform in my C-Store...

Edit: It appears I already have it unlocked somehow... Perhaps when I got the DS9 bundle? I thought that was just the admirals uniform... At any rate check to see if you have it already.

remember opening a packaged copy in my inventory in the past, it dropped a log time ago as part of something
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For people having problems
    1. Ds9 Bundle: It's not the DS9 Bundle but the DS9 uniform
    2. Ds9 uniform not showing in C store
    You may have already got it if you have the collectors edition check the tailor it is just the top half of the uniform
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Okay maybe I missed something over your entitled rant but at what point did that guy insult you???
    Quite frankly I can remember in one of the rants someone was calling some people freeloader which quite frankly I found insulting. So you bought LTS or a gold Subscriber. So what you bough zen and got the ship or product and now there giving it for free.
    I for one will not complain if for the uniform they give the terran empire bundle or for the tier V ship they give the b'rel retrofit.

You just sound greedy and petty and thats all I have to say

It was Chainfall who referred to some players as Freeloaders. For which despite me and others having made a reply is ignoring fact as others flawed opinion and not answering questions, just trying to criticize or dismiss others, and were too stupid to understand and not getting his point.

In short Chainfall is coming across as bitter that things you CHOOSE (with no compulsory need to purchase at all) to buy are being given away for free. I say seems, as I really hope players of his ilk really aren't that petty, about begrudging the enjoyment of others.

Personally I hope anyone who doesn't have them, will enjoy the extra options being provided ingame.

Happy Holiday and remember its only a game just be sure to have fun.
  • Options
    admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I, for one, am not looking forward to the inevitable ranting that will occur when, subsequent to the release of the item, those players with a hugely inflated sense of self-entitlement start complaining that they already have item/don't like said item/didn't want said item.

You watch.

Just catching up on posts, so maybe already answered, but I hope your wrong and fear your right.
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited August 2013

it looks like its fed tomorrow since brandon said in the day 1 thread its fed today and tomorrow and ships for kdf and fed from wednesday thru friday
  • Options
    ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just going to pop this here for anyone not happy with their freebies... try THESE instead :D

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/star-trek-online-holodeck-pack-key-giveaway/

Thank You.

Still 2,000 left, people are looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
  • Options
    sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey,quick question on the uniform unlock...is it JUST for the one character that claims it, or once I claim it on A character, is it available on all future characters?
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,396 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sampa4 wrote: »
    Hey,quick question on the uniform unlock...is it JUST for the one character that claims it, or once I claim it on A character, is it available on all future characters?
    It's an account unlock. Just like purchasing, except it doesn't cost you any Zen. It is yours forever and ever, amen, or at least until the sad day comes (hopefully many, many happy years from now) when STO finally closes the airlock for the last time.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yeah! ty so much!
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    trickster34trickster34 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Thanks for this, nice bit of free Dilithium and XP for one of my newer characters.
  • Options
    badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for the giveaway. I have the ds9 uniform already and I suspect I will already have most if not all of the other stuff being given away or it won't be any use to me but thank you Cryptic for giving something back to the community.
  • Options
    theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just wanted to put this out there... I created a KDF character on Friday night after I read the announcement for this giveaway, and I hit 50 in 1d8h of /played. A Powerleveler is me!
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    5 and a half hours before Day 2 rewards anyone want to guess what todays one will be. I'm thinking it may be the TOS or Jupiter Uniform
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    5 and a half hours before Day 2 rewards anyone want to guess what todays one will be. I'm thinking it may be the TOS or Jupiter Uniform

I'm hoping but to be honest, fairly certain. That most of these free things will be veteran rewards that LTS already have.

For day 2 I would guess KDF Academy uniforms.

However if it does turn out to be FED; ... You know what, I bet they'll put both FED and KDF Academy uniforms on :cool:
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I created a KDF character on Friday night after I read the announcement for this giveaway, and I hit 50 in 1d8h of /played.
    Holy Hell! You Addict. :P
    5 and a half hours before Day 2 rewards anyone want to guess what todays one will be.
    I'm going to hazard a guess and say it'll be the TNG Uniform.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,401 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just wanted to put this out there... I created a KDF character on Friday night after I read the announcement for this giveaway, and I hit 50 in 1d8h of /played. A Powerleveler is me!

With the featured series i did the same in little less than 24 hours. After that i started the episodes so i could get the max level drops right from the start.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.