test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyler Durden

Comments

• tripwire690tripwire690 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh I'm sorry you folks are the community stewards... my bad. Everything is so smooth amongst us pvpers I just didn't notice. I understand now the garden is tended.

I never said TD was the place for the little guy Shift... I have been trying to invite you for 3 pages now. Your a steward not a little guy, not sure where you are getting that from.

You seem to have a beef with me ... bring it to fight club I'll team us opposite and you can throw stuff out the airlock at me. Let the rage out my friend... rage against the dying of the light. :)

Also stop reading between the lines... there is nothing hidden in my Message. OrganizedPVP !!!! its the best channel the community has ever created and it continues to be. Stop trying to forum fight with me and join fight club you pansy.

I'm not joining. So don't waste any more air on offering me an invite. I'll change my mind when i'm dead. Do what you think you can in an effort to improve our community. And I'll do what I can. So will Kax. So will Mai Kai. At the end of the day its all the same. As long as the community benefits from all our efforts. Outside of that. Kiss my TRIBBLE.
    starfleet_department_of_temporal_investigations_by_gazomg-da64jys.jpg

Let no other Captain discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Debuffs and Disables be damned! Charge up your Backstep and Forge your build out of Lock Boxes, Consoles, and Flash Sales feeding off of only your pure will to chain, spam, and hax your way forward. You will not be forgotten to history.
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm not joining. So don't waste any more air on offering me an invite. I'll change my mind when i'm dead. Do what you think you can in an effort to improve our community. And I'll do what I can. So will Kax. So will Mai Kai. At the end of the day its all the same. As long as the community benefits from all our efforts. Outside of that. Kiss my TRIBBLE.

It's funny, it was less then 24 hours ago a Nova Core leader was trying to tell me off for being a rude fleet leader. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
    edited August 2013
    It's funny, it was less then 24 hours ago a Nova Core leader was trying to tell me off for being a rude fleet leader. :D

No. A Nova Core fleet leader was trying to tell you that if you asked we would've happily asked for a fight against FS. Instead of bashing our fleet and our players during the match you were losing to us in. Simply because the team you were on wasn't organized. I will both defend and retaliate when it comes to myself and my fleet. That's all you need to know.

Let no other Captain discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Debuffs and Disables be damned! Charge up your Backstep and Forge your build out of Lock Boxes, Consoles, and Flash Sales feeding off of only your pure will to chain, spam, and hax your way forward. You will not be forgotten to history.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yup, this thread sure has convinced me to join the PvP community and has done so much to help it grow. Just what's needed to appeal to the masses.

That is only half sarcasm as this channel does sound interesting. Much more interesting than playing with a bunch of TryHards seeking an ego boost from PvP in a game designed primarily, well honestly at this point exclusively, for PvE.

Thank you antoniosalieri for taking this initiative.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bareel wrote: »
    Thank you antoniosalieri for taking this initiative.

I admit I haven't done enough the last couple years. Thanks though.

Honestly do me a favor Join the channel.

Go into it and post this.....

LF9M 5x5 Cracked Planet X

Get what you can.... pick up the rest from Opvp... before you start it balance out the nukes the healers and the hammer as best you can and have a ton of fun.

Afterwards let the guys in the match know to join up as well.

Have fun leave the baggage at the door... and punch each other in the nascelles. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't see what the big deal is of having a Separate channel designed not around Organizing Teams to Pug Stomp the Ques and pray for another organized team that MIGHT que up, but instead also having a channel focused around Organized matches where players are randomly teamed up in a semi balanced format.

I sware I am envisioning a sand box and two kids are sitting across from each other shouting how one should help the other build a sand castle, but the other won't help because he thinks the other one is a big poo poo head for trying to use his sand to make a sand castle in the sand box they both share. :rolleyes:

Yes, it has been admitted that this Idea could be done in Organized PVP. But something that seems obvious to me is that the Idea would get drowned out some days or there would be a lot of Miscommunication going on if One team is looking for an Organized Team to Fight against, and some one else is trying to start up a 10 v 10 random mix up private fight. So why not ALSO, In addition to, As well as, have a second channel focused on these Private Random Mix up matches? I Don't see the problem here. Unless you are letting Fleet Rivalries get in the way of a nice thing.. Then that is your problem. Both of you. (Husnak & Tripwire)

I like the Idea. I am apart of both. And I hope that this Idea won't get ruined because of the petty bickering that is going on. I don't care if it is because of fear of change, or Rivalries, or just plain lack of understanding. There isn't a need to do it over something like this.

You want to PVP, go PVP in..well... PVP.. Weither it is Pugging in a random Queue.. Organizing a team to Pug Stomp.. Or being like TD and getting your Fight Club on.. Just do it.

Pew pew.. Kill bad guys.. (Yes I'm borrowing that one)
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pieeatterpieeatter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The way I pug is having multiple ts addresses for known PvP fleets I just jump around say hi and usually we either team up or have a inter fleet match. To be effective in a PvP match you have to have communication. Its amazing but I think I have the ts address for every fleet that responded to this thread... but anyway get a ts channel and I will join you there:) we could use the channel to send invites and not have to worry about helping people with they're builds.
    Punish the feds!!!
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We should all be in OrganizedPvP using it in a way it was intended to be used. Setting up Premade matches. Premade Vs Premade.
    Reading Ninjaboy's OPVP pitch (in the pinned thread at the top of this very forum), it certainly doesn't sound like OPVP is exclusively for premades. And having been in OPVP for more than three years also did not make me feel like OPVP is constantly buzzing with premade requests and couldn't provide room for more. In fact in the OPVP mission statement it says:
    #3. The next step is to schedule regular organized events, tournaments, activities, etc. that are interesting, competitive, and sometimes casual. This will expand interest in PvP and hopefully build the PvP community.
    Casual? Interesting? Activities? Sounds familiar. :P

Now that I'm done poking fun at you via old quotes, I'll get to my favourite part of STO these days:

The good old days - story time with Hilbert

Back in the day, we did not have autoteaming in PVP. One had to create the teams manually at the beginning of a match. There were disadvantages to that approach, but also a HUGE advantage: you got to keep your team when the match ended. And often it happened that some players (usually not all 5, but maybe 3) who had met in a match decided to queue for a couple more rounds as a now partial team. This allowed for a natural evolution towards cooperation and teamplay. Unfortunately Cryptic removed also the positive sides of manual teaming when they introduced autoteaming.

Long story short: Everything was better back in the day, and Cryptic is at fault.
    edited August 2013
    Troll away mancom, you make a good point.

Your right Ninjaboy had a vision for what Opvp should be... one month short of 3 years ago. lol

Ninjaboy was also not the founder of the channel... just saying. :)

The bottom line is OrganizedPvP DOES not have to be the end all and be all of PvP in this game.

I am not advocating people leave OrganizedPvP... quite the opposite I tell every new player I run into to JOIN both OrganizedPvP and my new Tyler Durden channel.

OrganizedPvP at this point could be renamed GlobalPvP by Cryptic and no one would complain... cause that's what it is.

Just like I wouldn't go into ESD chat looking for STF buddies... I really have no need to go into OrganizedPvP looking for Xs for PvP matches.... honestly some times some days the screen would scroll quicker then I could catch the Xs.

If it makes you folks feel better this is about making this thing happen with minimal annoyance.

I have nothing against any fleets... I have nothing against anyone trying to help grow Opvp... I don't mind doing my bit to help that as well.

I won't state that I love the way OrganizedPvP has been used to destroy ques most of the time no... I know many people disagree with me on that point. That is fine you can all live in your little dream worlds... where you believe that throwing 5 Vet or at least extremely competent players together and quing up for an hour is helping the community all you like. I disagree... I say you guys should instead come and join the Fight Club... yes you will be asked to put the hurt on each other now and then... and the other people that agree to be part of the club. I think when it gets right down to it you can admit the idea sounds fun... I am not asking you to abandon your premades... I am asking you to enjoy the game... remember why you play and have fun.

I am NOT trying to upend and destroy a channel you guys seem to to love so dearly... and if all I am doing is making you guys consider what you SHOULD be doing with the Main PvP channel... fine I take that as a small victory... but the Fight Club is happening and it is going to grow. I am jacks angry bile duct. :) lol

Hope to see you at a meeting mancom... will be fun to shoot at you and punch others along side you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zenithnaderzenithnader Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The best couple of games I've had in a few weeks came from simple requests for 5v5 yesterday in Opvp-
    it's very telling, since from the chatter in Opvp the majority of organising is for 5 man teams that hop straight into the q that effectively pug stomp, whether the intention is to have a good game or not.
    Much as the intent is not necessary malicious, it only serves to create heavily imbalanced matches. I'm sure There is only so much gratification one can get from stomping pugs in the qs, or inversely to be stomped as a solo (especially new) player in a pug. This must be overwhelmingly discouraging to players new to PvP.
    Despite the fact everyone likes playing with their friends, the effect of dominating the queues isn't helping to bring new blood into the pvp community if having zilch chance of resistance against experienced players.
    For the self appointed stewards of the pvp community who are having issue, I put it to you that is our collective responsibility to ensure that the pvp scene does not remain in the abysmal state it's in. The current state of affairs is of dominant teams or partial teams steam rolling the queues. The lack of effort required doesn't make for a challenging or satisfying match, and is not much better than PVE farming if you're fulfilling your pvp dailies at the same time.

It's clear that majority of organisation in OPVP is not resulting in gratifying matches. For myself, saying 'Thanks all' or 'gg' after participating on *either* side, win or lose of a hopeless mismatch kills me a little inside.
    It rings hollow. Wiping out an enemy team with negligible resistance is not an enjoyable match for me.

I applaud Husanak's initiative; even IF the OrganizedPVP channel is *capable* of fulfilling the same function, the Tyler Durden channel makes an important statement - that the current state of OrganizedPvP frequently does not serve to enrich the PvP community.

The current common course of action is that of simple cowardice, and certainly does not push you to your limits as a player, and diminishes the potential of the the pvp community.
    If Cryptic/PWE is unable to police/rank the queues, and make balanced matches, it is then left to us to do that. I've seen it recently demonstrated that the player base can do a very good job of it.

And a final word to the obstinate that prefer the status quo - you have free agency to continue what you are doing - just don't expect to have praises sung about you. Some people are actually aware of the consequences to the community of incessant lopsided matches when the tools to organise a *proper* fight are available.
    I beseech you to show some restraint. Don't be too afraid to lose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zenith Nader - R.R.W. Nader4President - Tactical Rom KDF
    Hei Qin - I.K.S. Apex Revenant -Tactical KDF
  • adaephondelatadaephondelat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

LF9M 5x5 Cracked Planet X

Get what you can.... pick up the rest from Opvp... before you start it balance out the nukes the healers and the hammer as best you can and have a ton of fun.

When I joined OPvP about a year ago I thought there would be matchmaking like this similar to the STF-channels out there. Well, that almost (I remember seeing it once) never happend, usually there's only some team forming a couple of times a day for pug-stomping.

I like the idea for the new channel and have allready joined. Hopfully there will be enough subscribers for matches on a regular basis, which I doubt there will be, but I support it.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    webdeath wrote: »
    Interesting Concept. Though I do have to wonder why you decided to name it the Tyler Durden channel, and not.. well.. Fight Club? :P

You don't talk about the Fight Club. But you can talk about Tyler Durden?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited August 2013
    Well I only had time to run for a couple hours pretty late here tonight.

We however had 2 fantastic matches that some of the Nova Core guys came along for.

Thank you guys it was fun and I was very pleased to see you come along. I hope everyone playing had a good time.

The second match wasn't balanced all that well but still ended 15 12 or so... still I know one poor player got double nuked more then I would have liked.

I hope you guys come out again and I will do a better job of balancing if I'm on.

Having said that... I am also looking for Vet players to step up matches for the first few weeks of fight club.

I need people that will take the initiative and start some challenge matches and try to make sure people even up the sides as best as possible before hitting the GO button.

After the Nova Core left for the evening... we had a few more great matches with the TD crowd. Thank you everyone that came and fought. I know everyone had a good time... and we will be back at it this weekend.

We are 25% of the way to my own sign up goal... I am pretty confident we will hit it by the end of the weekend... man its going to be a good weekend of pvping.

Next weekend I will be running a lethal lotto in the Tyler Durden Channel.... I'll create a new post about it in the next couple days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I really dont mind this idea, but name the channel something else, even if its 'Fight Club PVP' - The title is too vague, and only people from these forums will find it.
    edited August 2013
    pulserazor wrote: »
    I really dont mind this idea, but name the channel something else, even if its 'Fight Club PVP' - The title is too vague, and only people from these forums will find it.

I don't know I been spamming it and gaining people.... if it falls flat after this weekend you may have a point. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i noticed i got included when tripwire was ranting and i want to be clear.

i had nothing personal against the idea of this channel, anything that gets more pvp going is always a good thing.

i just personally dont see why opvp couldnt have been used, although valid points had been made on why that is.

which is why i in turn wished that there could be subchannels of primary channels etc etc.

i hope things work out for this channel, and it doesnt become like the many other "replacement" chat channels that tried to splinter the community.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Eh, sounds OK to me. I subbed to the channel, and I'll certainly lurk around.

I see this kinda like the way the DOFFCALLS and DOFFJOBS channels work - this one for simple, strictly formatted requests for PvP and OrganizedPVP for less formal PvP, advice and chat.
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    maicake716 wrote: »
    i had nothing personal against the idea of this channel, anything that gets more pvp going is always a good thing.

i just personally dont see why opvp couldnt have been used, although valid points had been made on why that is.

I'm not sure why he's getting so much grief, though. (not necessarily from you! ;))

He's specifically, and repeatedly, said very clearly that people should join OPvP and continue to use it.

Do I think what he is proposing *could* be handled in OPvP?

Yes, of course.

On the other hand you *could* have a rugby match in a parking lot or you could have it on a proper field (pitch). :P

OPvP is a great big hub, but there are more than a few voices that speak probably too much and more than a few that probably don't speak at all.

There are more conversations about PvP, rants about XYZ and the occasional wet-diaper induced drama-bomb than there are matches being made and played.
    edited August 2013
    I'm not sure why he's getting so much grief, though. (not necessarily from you! ;))

He's specifically, and repeatedly, said very clearly that people should join OPvP and continue to use it.

Do I think what he is proposing *could* be handled in OPvP?

Yes, of course.

On the other hand you *could* have a rugby match in a parking lot or you could have it on a proper field (pitch). :P

OPvP is a great big hub, but there are more than a few voices that speak probably too much and more than a few that probably don't speak at all.

There are more conversations about PvP, rants about XYZ and the occasional wet-diaper induced drama-bomb than there are matches being made and played.

Parking lot rugby!? Sounds like a fun game to me lol right up there with roller hockey.
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Do you even Science Bro?
    edited August 2013
    maicake716 wrote: »
    i noticed i got included when tripwire was ranting and i want to be clear.

which is why i in turn wished that there could be subchannels of primary channels etc etc.

i hope things work out for this channel, and it doesnt become like the many other "replacement" chat channels that tried to splinter the community.

Wow. Sorry you see my mentioning of you and your efforts to make opvp teams over the past 2 years as a rant. Last time I checked I didn't mention anything about you having a personal problem with the idea of the Fight Club channel. So let ME be clear. You were mentioned because the OP said that there was next to no "organized" pvp outside of premade vs premade matches going on in opvp. You and kax were nothing more than my example of dedicated pvp community members who HAVE made a daily effort to organize opvpmade or opvp pug teams in the organizedpvp channel. No one was trying to speak for you. -rant over-

edited August 2013
    Wow. Sorry you see my mentioning of you and your efforts to make opvp teams over the past 2 years as a rant. Last time I checked I didn't mention anything about you having a personal problem with the idea of the Fight Club channel. So let ME be clear. You were mentioned because the OP said that there was next to no "organized" pvp outside of premade vs premade matches going on in opvp. You and kax were nothing more than my example of dedicated pvp community members who HAVE made a daily effort to organize opvpmade or opvp pug teams in the organizedpvp channel. No one was trying to speak for you. -rant over-

we all rant from time to time.

i myself ranted about how awesome galaxy x's are and how there is a difference between pugmades and premades on a regular basis :P

now com'ere and give me a bro hug!
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if I might weigh in on opvp, its really not being used to its potential imo, certainly not how it was intended to be used, at least not by most. There are a few people there who will 'arrange teams' but they are usually players who would otherwise get their asses kicked in the ques, and quite often get their asses kicked anyway even if they do arrange a team in opvp. (please dont take offense) - I dont often find myself a winning team in opvp, for that I have to look to my friend list. - To the chan's credit, a lot of my frined list is made up from people I have met there.

Beyond that, the chan is moderated by no one, its pretty much a spam fest, and I have found myself forced to ignore a lot of people there because they just dont shut up all night long talking about nothing. Im a bit of a tyrant though, I like rules. Especially the ones that deter idiots from being idiots.

if opvp were closed and someone else opened a chan for organizing pvp, only this time with some modicum of sensible moderation, I would be thrilled.

I heard there were rants here. /rant/
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh sweet naive Blue...

I try... :D
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wait, did i hear....Kax?
    Battlekax dps to the max!
    edited August 2013
    wait, did i hear....Kax?
    Battlekax dps to the max!

Thanks for joining Borg... was a fun 4x4 tac fight we had there... very glad you joined in for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    I love the idea of this channel. I think I will join tonight. Excuse me, incoming newbie!

Everyone is welcome regardless of skill level / time playing / gear... ect ect

We'll try and balance the matches as best we can every time out... I hope you find a few matches there tonight and learn a few things... and above all have a good time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Had a blast last night on my Korath sci healer, wish I could have stuck around longer but had work next day. Look foward to many more matches on my favorite pvp channel.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited August 2013
    Another fun night of matches... mostly 100% pulled from TD tonight... so we are growing numbers. Before you say it Opvp boosters we advertised every match in both channels... just got 95% of the players Xing up in TD.

Some good matches... some where we learned a little bit more about how to balance things a bit with the current meta.

Overall I believe everyone had a good time, Still a few egos in the channel but nothing the Club won't' break down. ;) lol I kid.

Remember you are not your fleet... you are not your ship... you are not your F**** Khakis. lol

If your not in the channel please join... we have a great time we try our best to have solid quality pvp as often as we can.

Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for joining Borg... was a fun 4x4 tac fight we had there... very glad you joined in for it.

the borg always lumbers in the shadows,eye's preying in the night....................searching for prey
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd really like to join - perhaps get some folks to support BCTC in the process.

Just need a place where theres no politics, angst and people that are friendly. Don't see that much around these days. People always at each others throws. I use to think it was just me, but not so sure about it anymore. People ate so busy with petty squabbles that they miss a good thing staring them in the face IMO.