What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let's Trade Foundry Reviews!

Comments

• Options
    helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    USS SImba - I liked the strolling people detail... I can't understand what's a shuttle doing in a

no hangar ambient though
    . I see you too prefer TNG romulan costumes than the one imposed on Mol Rihan survivors...

"my sister M'Sarabi Scar
    was developing a new COMPUND" you may want to correct the typo

Defend Kalferi space map...- sadly I had problems locking to the K7-like station... I am told that
    is best to use an interactable object than reach markers in space... I will do so in the future...
    you can use an invisible object in the station position as well, renamed for good of course, or
    leave as it is, yr choice

the space borg map was fun, so the surface , then inner borg occupied maps, tougher the right bit.
    I like the resurrection of Armek, and Manus for the epic threefold boss fight

Clever use of fork dialogue for the ending...

An epic tale... Amends for the first part... about the first part I must add that... I think I
    overreacted because at the end of it after loong battles I lose the Earth
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Huzzah! I have a video card again!

And I have gone back and fixed some of the issues with RotRE... for some reason, evne though I took it down when it was bugged (and then my vid card fried so I couldn't go back for a week and finish the editing) it still managed to get some reviews... 2/3 are not good, but i deserve that for not ensuring each map worked perfectly before the initial publish. Since then I have corrected these errors....

So, without further ado... I submit to y'all the (hopefully) first of a three part series, ‘The Red Eclipse’.

Synopsis: In the recent years, strong anti-Federation sentiment has begun to sweep through the colonies and allied systems, adding tensions to bordering settlements along the DMZ and increased friction between the Federation, Klingon and Romulan powers. With the hope of trying to once again bring peace between the Klingons and the Federation, Vice Admiral Jameson has completed a well-hidden neutral station and has invited dignitaries from the Klingon and Romulan Empires, Cardassia, the Orion Syndicate, the Ferengi Alliance and a new addition to the Federation, a Celestisan Consulate. Only the Remans declined the invitation, but they have asked for a proxy to stand in their place instead. This is where YOU come in.

Everything seems to be going well (as well as ambassadorial negations go) until the terrorist organization called The Red Eclipse makes an unexpected visit. Now you have to not only locate and rescue the dignitaries but stop an all-out war driven by a madman with a nefarious plot hell-bent on destroying the Federation at all costs.

Starfleet 35+

Story-driven, dialogue heavy with multiple dialogue options & outcomes, challenging space and ground combat.

Would love any feedback =)

PS: I hope you like trivia! Just sayin....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    USS SImba - I liked the strolling people detail... I can't understand what's a shuttle doing in a

no hangar ambient though
    . I see you too prefer TNG romulan costumes than the one imposed on Mol Rihan survivors...

"my sister M'Sarabi Scar
    was developing a new COMPUND" you may want to correct the typo

Defend Kalferi space map...- sadly I had problems locking to the K7-like station... I am told that
    is best to use an interactable object than reach markers in space... I will do so in the future...
    you can use an invisible object in the station position as well, renamed for good of course, or
    leave as it is, yr choice

the space borg map was fun, so the surface , then inner borg occupied maps, tougher the right bit.
    I like the resurrection of Armek, and Manus for the epic threefold boss fight

Clever use of fork dialogue for the ending...

An epic tale... Amends for the first part... about the first part I must add that... I think I
    overreacted because at the end of it after loong battles I lose the Earth

Hi, thanks for playing! Glad you liked the return of our old Borg STF bosses and enjoyed the 2 possible endings. I will get that typo handled soon, thanks! I am happy you enjoyed this part a lot more than the initial introduction. Hope you enjoy future missions :D.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Added your mission pierin

I saw complaints about your mission not being plyaable due to a reach marker, if I were you I'd fix the reach marker and then make a copy of the mission to publish to clear out the poor reviews (otherwise it'l be buried FOREVER)
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    zorbane wrote: »
    Added your mission pierin

I saw complaints about your mission not being playable due to a reach marker, if I were you I'd fix the reach marker and then make a copy of the mission to publish to clear out the poor reviews (otherwise it'l be buried FOREVER)

Thanks and Ya, I did fix it. The problem was that the marker reset itself to 0 km, making it impossible to actually reach... I have reset it to like 15 km and have tested it from multiple angles and it works fine now. However, I may just add an invisible object to be certain... Ive also played through each of the maps and they all seem to flow well... had some issues in the final interior map that I had to contend with but nailed them in the end as well.

How can I make an easy copy? I can't just cut and paste... ??

[EDIT] Nvm - I figured it out :) New (and functional) copy up and away!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Just playing with a banner for the new mish.. added it to the sig...

Thoughts?

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Awesome.

10chars
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Review of Foothold by wildkazoo

A very well polished straight forward mission. It felt very much like an STF (I mention this in my detailed comments) yet still retained a good storyline. Technically there were no issues although it wasn’t extremely complicated by any means, although I did find a few awkward objective uses or wording which are mentioned later. There were also a couple instances of “one objective wonders” where you would go in, talk to someone and then leave. I put suggestions on how you could get rid of them. Also a comment on some of the combat, it could be extremely easy at times. Don’t be afraid to stack groups together. An example is a frigate group and cruiser group. The average player could defeat either of these easily. Put them in the same spot and you have a more challenging fight (and still quite easy). You can do the same with ground NPCs. One thing I really liked is how it became part of the STO storyline technically being a sequel. I really like missions that do this well and this one does.

Overall a good mission, which plays like a fun STF-Lite. 4/5

Details:

Prologue
    Not sure if you know you can do this but you can have dialogue pop up after the player picks up the mission. You could use this to skip flying to DS9 and start talking to Admiral Marconi immediately (make up some reason like he’s on a subspace comm blahblah)

Map - Hotep System
    Would have liked some direction when I first appear. Quick example:
    Tactical wrote:
    Standard orbit achieved, Maat Station is indicating we have clearance to transfer supplies.
    [MissionInfo]Get into transporter range with Maat Station.[/MissionInfo]

Map - U.S.S. Bastion Bridge (forgot to put down the name)
    This is a really short map, you beam in and talk to the captain and leave. Could it not have been the same if you hailed the ship while in the Hotep System?
    It could also lead to a more streamlined transfer to the Sibiran System (warp out after chatting)

Map - Starbase 82
    What map did you use to build this?
    Good touch with the dead people
    Feels like a lite ground STF
    I thought the last “Deactivate remaining forcefield” objective was a bit strange. “Ok we got the data, now lets go even deeper into the borgified area to turn one more forcefield off”
    Ok as I went in it looks like I’m gonna install charges to blow the place up, I forgot about that part of the mission. I thought it was just to delete the data. Maybe some dialogue about this or changing the objective name. Currently it’s “Deactivate remaining forcefield”
    Very important: You need to respawn markers, I died way at the end and I accidentally clicked respawn instead of call for help and had to run all the way back…

Map - U.S.S. Bastion
    Quick map again, although not sure how you could avoid using it. All I can think of is that Captain Echo Hawk beams down after you win and you chat with him on Starbase 82 (may work fine)
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Ok - I have NO idea why this happened but Cryptic bugged out on my 'Rise' misison. Thanks to Logitech007 for finding this out... MANY apologies for all those who spent 45 minutes getting to the point this glitch prevented them for completing the mission.

Cryptic, it seems, has an issue wiht poacing npcs on multi-leveled maps. Placing them on flat floors is ok, but if you have platforms, etc on the map it has a terrible time wiht the "Y" position. When I had tested this particular map, everything was peachy keen. When I published it, however, it shoved this NPC into the ceiling so tha tonly his feet appeared... players could not progress further without attempting to apprehend him and this was impossible due to this glitch.

What a pain in the TRIBBLE!

I beleive I have fixed it... moved the NPC and played through a live version and all went well.

Fingers crossed.

I promised him I'd play through his misisons and I fully intend to as repayment....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maninblack017maninblack017 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi Zorbane.

Just wanted to let you know that Uprising: Act III - Epsilon will be published within the next 8-48 hours. You reviewed the first two missions in the series and I was hoping to maybe get this one on the list too. Thanks!

I'll give you all the info for it when it's posted. Should either be tonight or Thursday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The time has come to see the world as it is." - Captain James T. Kirk
    Twitter - @SDVargo
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Sweet I'm looking forward to it! Just post a review here for a mission and I'll put it on the list

Also gonna get back to playing missions again, was busy the past week
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Sweet I'm looking forward to it! Just post a review here for a mission and I'll put it on the list

Also gonna get back to playing missions again, was busy the past week

First, welcome back!!

Second, thanks for playing "Once and Future ing'.

Third.... what's going on with the UGC chat page? It won't load....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    First, welcome back!!

Second, thanks for playing "Once and Future ing'.

Third.... what's going on with the UGC chat page? It won't load....

Thanks, I'll have the review posted here soon, I've still be really busy so its not formatted yet.

As for the the chatroom there's been a few people commenting about it not working but it seems fine to me, what errors are you getting?
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thanks, I'll have the review posted here soon, I've still be really busy so its not formatted yet.

As for the the chatroom there's been a few people commenting about it not working but it seems fine to me, what errors are you getting?

No worries.

Can't get past the logon page... it may be a cache issue but we'll see...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Technical Review of The Once and Future King by prierin

This is a good story, which is mostly well written. The story is actually quite interesting and integrates quite well with STO canon which is something I really liked. The way boffs moved the plot on was a good touch too. I did find a few things weird though (listed in the details section). There are also a lot of polish issues (typos and not unnamed monsters) which initially was not distracting until I kept seeing it. Some are quite obvious too.

I also ran into common new authors do:

Short maps: The player does only 1 or two things and then leave
    Static combat: Combat objective where NPC’s sit around and wait for you to kill them even though according to the story they are attacking the player
    Easy combat: Self explanatory. As a rule the average player can beat any single npc group. This is even more true for space combat. To make things harder stack npc groups on top of each other. An example I always use is 1 frigate group and 1 cruiser group. Each of them are easy to kill individually. Stack them together and it’s still not too difficult but it will be a lot more fun.

Overall I gave this a 3 out of 5. Deductions mainly for polish issues and a couple things in the story that I didn’t think made sense.

Details:

Prologue
    Hail for mission Typo: “Go to the Risa System in rhe Sirius Sector block” (the)

Map - Risa System
    Very quick map (one objective wonder).
    You fly in and talk and then leave.

Map - Sierra Delta System
    The Cardassian’s rank is Commander. I don’t think Cardassians military structure has that rank (Gul, Glin, Legate etc)
    Fight was really really easy (1 frigate group). If it was supposed to be easy then its okay.
    Another quick map (although not as quick as the previous) Talk a bit, shoot a bit and talk then done.
    Map transition dialogue not set. It says “Go To Next Map?”

Map - Nagus’s Pride
    The Cpt abbreviation is out of place, there’s no real reason to do it. Why not just have it be Captain Tok.
    Wrong tricorder when scanning crates. There are two different animations when you pick the Tricorder one. One is a Federation tricorder, and one is a Klingon tricorder. I usually pick Tricorder - sustained to get around it.
    The circular table thing has transparent sides, you need to cover the ends.
    One of the Klingons at teh dabo table isn’t named
    I like the work done to the interior. A couple of the rooms looked a bit empty though.
    The Gorn and Klingon watching the dancers are not named
    Ferengi merchant by Cpt Tok is not named
    Typo confronting Tok “..transporting a Cardassian in cryostatis…” (cryostasis)
    Starfleet/Ferengi trade agreement saying it’s illegal to transport living beings through federaiton space? What about passenger vessels???
    Tok telling you about Lang “The True would love nothing more than to have one of their own…” (True Way not just “True”)

Map - Sierra Delta System.
    Not a fan of putting high ranking crew members on my ship (who is this Chief Medical Officer!!!)
    Typo: I will have my ship tear the [ShipName] to shreds whether Runak Tyrel is abord or not” (aboard)
    Typo: Approach the planet and beam to the coordiantes Demond has given you. (coordinates)

Map - Sierra Delta VI
    The fighting was really easy
    Dead Cardassians are not named (ex. Cardassian Male 01)
    Why would this person just give me her grand plan, makes no sense
    Enemies that are beamed down to attack me just sit there. You know where the player is going to be due to having to talk to the person, you can have them attack

Map - .Sierra Delta System.
    I enjoyed the “chase”
    The no disable thing sucks, wish we didn’t have to blow up a ship to defeat them :(

Vorek Mor Level 1
    The Locate Runak Tyrel objective is hard to figure out, there’s no visual indication otehr than the objective marker on the map
    This map doesn’t really add anything to the mission

Map - Vorek Mor Level 2
    No interact animation to open the door
    Run and scan 3 things objective
    Federation enemies not named
    Did you intend on having the injured romulans come back up to fight

Map - Vorek Mor Level 1 - Damaged
    No interact animation for “Made it!”
    I still don’t feel like this map is necessary, you could have put everything in one map. There would jsut be less fighting

Map - .Sierra Delta System .
    Talking to Gul Demond Mistake - “I ask you, [Cadet], as one soldier to another” [Rank]
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Technical Review of The Once and Future King by prierin

This is a good story, which is mostly well written. The story is actually quite interesting and integrates quite well with STO canon which is something I really liked. The way boffs moved the plot on was a good touch too. I did find a few things weird though (listed in the details section). There are also a lot of polish issues (typos and not unnamed monsters) which initially was not distracting until I kept seeing it. Some are quite obvious too.

I also ran into common new authors do:

Short maps: The player does only 1 or two things and then leave
    Static combat: Combat objective where NPC’s sit around and wait for you to kill them even though according to the story they are attacking the player
    Easy combat: Self explanatory. As a rule the average player can beat any single npc group. This is even more true for space combat. To make things harder stack npc groups on top of each other. An example I always use is 1 frigate group and 1 cruiser group. Each of them are easy to kill individually. Stack them together and it’s still not too difficult but it will be a lot more fun.

Overall I gave this a 3 out of 5. Deductions mainly for polish issues and a couple things in the story that I didn’t think made sense.

Details:

Prologue
    Hail for mission Typo: “Go to the Risa System in rhe Sirius Sector block” (the)

Map - Risa System
    Very quick map (one objective wonder).
    You fly in and talk and then leave.

Map - Sierra Delta System
    The Cardassian’s rank is Commander. I don’t think Cardassians military structure has that rank (Gul, Glin, Legate etc)
    Fight was really really easy (1 frigate group). If it was supposed to be easy then its okay.
    Another quick map (although not as quick as the previous) Talk a bit, shoot a bit and talk then done.

Map - Nagus’s Pride
    The Cpt abbreviation is out of place, there’s no real reason to do it. Why not just have it be Captain Tok.
    Wrong tricorder when scanning crates. There are two different animations when you pick the Tricorder one. One is a Federation tricorder, and one is a Klingon tricorder. I usually pick Tricorder - sustained to get around it.
    The circular table thing has transparent sides, you need to cover the ends.
    One of the Klingons at teh dabo table isn’t named
    I like the work done to the interior. A couple of the rooms looked a bit empty though.
    The Gorn and Klingon watching the dancers are not named
    Ferengi merchant by Cpt Tok is not named
    Typo confronting Tok “..transporting a Cardassian in cryostatis…” (cryostasis)
    Starfleet/Ferengi trade agreement saying it’s illegal to transport living beings through federaiton space? What about passenger vessels???
    Tok telling you about Lang “The True would love nothing more than to have one of their own…” (True Way not just “True”)

Map - Sierra Delta System.
    Not a fan of putting high ranking crew members on my ship (who is this Chief Medical Officer!!!)
    Typo: I will have my ship tear the [ShipName] to shreds whether Runak Tyrel is abord or not” (aboard)
    Typo: Approach the planet and beam to the coordiantes Demond has given you. (coordinates)

Map - Sierra Delta VI
    The fighting was really easy
    Dead Cardassians are not named (ex. Cardassian Male 01)
    Why would this person just give me her grand plan, makes no sense
    Enemies that are beamed down to attack me just sit there. You know where the player is going to be due to having to talk to the person, you can have them attack

Map - .Sierra Delta System.
    I enjoyed the “chase”
    The no disable thing sucks, wish we didn’t have to blow up a ship to defeat them :(

Vorek Mor Level 1
    The Locate Runak Tyrel objective is hard to figure out, there’s no visual indication otehr than the objective marker on the map
    This map doesn’t really add anything to the mission

Map - Vorek Mor Level 2
    No interact animation to open the door
    Run and scan 3 things objective
    Federation enemies not named
    Did you intend on having the injured romulans come back up to fight

Map - Vorek Mor Level 1 - Damaged
    No interact animation for “Made it!”
    I still don’t feel like this map is necessary, you could have put everything in one map. There would jsut be less fighting

Map - .Sierra Delta System .
    Talking to Gul Demond Mistake - “I ask you, [Cadet], as one soldier to another” [Rank]

First off, thanks for such a detailed review.

Secondly, WTF?? I fixed most of those things already! Especially the 'Cpt" Tok and [Cadet] issue as well as amping up some of the combat... I wonder... I didn't hit the option to have the mission pulled from the playable list when I made these changes.... do you think the changes didn't stick because of this?

As for Risa - I've been meaning to get rid of that map.... in fact, there are a few things I would change now that I am a little more familiar with the system, etc.

As for the last map (damaged ship) I was trying to give the players the illusion of emergency… explosions, fire, etc rather than just shoot em up and beam out. You’re the first person to mention this particular map… I’ll take this suggestion under advisement for now… :)

Again, thanks…. Now, back to fix it… again…
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    First off, thanks for such a detailed review.

Secondly, WTF?? I fixed most of those things already! …

All you really need to do is click publish and it should work. Double check the last published/updated date

I think the reason why the "extra" romulan ship map was stood out to me was because the mission was already quite long
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    All you really need to do is click publish and it should work. Double check the last published/updated date

I think the reason why the "extra" romulan ship map was stood out to me was because the mission was already quite long

Hmmm.... I'll pull it down and go through it agian but I am 98% certain I corrected many of these issues, including renaming unnamed NPCs on several maps....

Yeah, I don't know what "too long" is for these things. Being that there is no reward for playing them they can seem long, i guess....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    TRIBBLE I typed a long reply then I accidentally closed the website. tl;dr version. "Too long" depends on personal preference. For me 1 hour is the longest length. Also when I play missions for reviews I take longer than normal since I"m being more thorough and am constantly writing down notes.

Also it seems like I left a part out.

Scan Multiple Objects objective: I’m not a fan of these when there’s no feedback. An example in The Once and Future King is when scanning the cargo crates in the ship. Yea I scan a bunch of them and nothing happens until I finish all five. What happened to me was I missed one of them and backtracked and scanned the “fourth” one which had the dialogue pop up “HEY WE FOUND IT!”. In the end it’s just an arbitrary number that doesn’t mean anything.

If you insist on having the player search for the “magic crate” (which I have no problems I use this too) it’s fine. What I did was place a bunch of crates the player could scan along with the objective crate when the objective showed up and turned off the waypoint marker. Each crate would be tied to a Dialogue Pop up so the boff would say “Well there’s food in here but not what we’re looking for” or something like that.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That's my brand new mission... I'd really wish to trade a review for it - if anyone on the review list make one for me, I reciprocally review ASAP

Ghost in the Machine

Federation Solo Mission
    space and interiors combat
    mostly dialog based

41+ level required

mission ID: ST-HKOQHNRS8
    author: helixfungus

Entry level 41 - yep, Borgs are in it

(synopsis) Apparently you saved a lot of Gamma Margoulis colonists from Borg assimilation. But you cannot remember a thing... you will retrieve those memories back with the help of a ...friend of yours

There is a continuum character ( "mister L" ) introduced in another Foundry story by me " the Good,the Bad and the L " , but its absolulely not necessary to play it, this in not a sequel of that Foundry mission

Some space battles, some interiors battles too, you will not have to land or beam down on any planet ...you have to follow the storyline through dialogs, Planned for solo play, about 40 to 45 minutes long. Enjoy
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Scars of the Pride Pt 2 - The Claw

author : @ashkrik23

typo... at beginning (End CAPTIAN'S log) - a really minor thing

USS Simba map - I wish more dialogs with the ship's personnel...

good customization of a known map though
    - but I found the puzzle to open bay doors a bit too strange and out of place, at least
    the first.

After the invasion of remans and ferasans, I tried using my usual
    tecnique of retreating a little, cover and respond to fire... in
    this case I have been caught in a respawn point where, died, and
    when respawn, I found myself cut out from the invaders by a
    forcefield, hence no means to advance in the story but to reload
    the foundry story exiting the map... my advice is to move
    conveniently the respawn point... but you may also leave it
    there, not everyone combat like me ,yr choice

You must be careful to use those turbolifts (cardassian if I am
    not mistaken) they are easy to use but they are all too visibly
    not federation, and we have (at least that) federation turbolift
    to use. Of course the point is valid only if the map is "federal"

I was more impressed by the Borgs in the Perfection story arc
    than of these remans... tough they are difficult enemies too... I
    died several times... I liked the most the space combat, but I
    am a fan of that in STO

What I can say more about it ?...MEARRW !
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I added your mission helixfungus!

Sorry for the slow progress in the list (to everyone including helixfungus) but I've been busier than expected :(
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for the review Helix. I will be looking at these points when I am making a run through my missions to fix some things.
  • Options
    johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Rise of the Red Eclipse
    by prierin

I gave this mission 4 stars and tagged STORY, COMBAT, SPACE and GROUND

A terrorist group strike at a meeting of all the major powers. You must find and stop the ones behind it and save an entire delegation. It's a well-thought out story with a nice premise. Dialogue heavy in the beginning but action arrived in time to keep me entertained. Thought I could see this ending in a clich
  • Options
    johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And my mission in the pits of the review section is 'SHORE LEAVE UNDER SIEGE' by johnnysnowball
    @johnnysnowball

Diplomatic non-combat mission with implied romance.

You’ve finally taken that vacation to Betazed. Peace. Quiet. The great outdoors. What could spoil that? Certainly not the 4 bridge officers who decided to tag along.
    When Admiral Beya enlists your help bringing a potential ally/foe into the war effort against the Klingons, your holiday takes an eventful turn.

A new alien race. A girl with remarkable skills. A city under siege.
    With a choice to make that could win or lose the war, can you do the right thing?

INCLUDES:
    *HEAVY dialogue & optionals (can SKIP)
    * Roleplay immersion
    *Ground only/Custom maps
    * Single Fed player/ANY LEVEL

FULL TRAILER:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSw-vcP3ZhI
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The Rise of the Red Eclipse
    by prierin

I gave this mission 4 stars and tagged STORY, COMBAT, SPACE and GROUND

A terrorist group strike at a meeting of all the major powers. You must find and stop the ones behind it and save an entire delegation. It's a well-thought out story with a nice premise. Dialogue heavy in the beginning but action arrived in time to keep me entertained. Thought I could see this ending in a clich
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I added your mission johnnysnowball. It seems whenever we get a chance to have shore leave bad things happen
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Review of Scars of the Pride, Part 1 by Ashkrik32

A good mission by Ashkrik32. His experience as a foundry is evident as it’s extremely polished and the maps are all well done. The modifications he made to the Hathon map were really cool when he created an alley on the prebuilt map. I also thought the combat, while leaning on the easy side, was fun. I did get killed a few times on the “boss” fight though.

In general though I wasn’t drawn into the story as it began quite slowly acting as a conclusion to Ashkrik’s previous series “Perfection”. While there are hints of things happening, the story doesn’t really begin until the end of the second map. Even then I didn’t really have a clue of what I was doing or why as I busted down a couple doors and shot a bunch of Ferasans in the face. It was revealed at the end after you defeat the villain (or at least her goons) but before that I felt a bit railroaded.

For a score I gave it a 4 out of 5. Plusses for competent Foundry tech and creative map work, and minus for the uneven story progression.

Map - Bajor, City of Hathon
    Kind of funny asking Ferasans for directions!
    Nice details
    Grammar TRIBBLE but showing up at the diner at the same time as the others isn’t ironic, it’s more like coincidence
    A couple of dialogues have missing periods at the ends
    Map transition dialogue - might have set the wrong boff, he was some random science dude

Map - Taka’s office
    Not necessarily about the map but the progress of the mission but it starts quite slow, lots of talking to characters

Map - Bajor, City of Hathon Under Attack
    any reason you didn’t use a complete all objective when talking to witnesses?
    That starfleet wall/door looks really out of place
    Using the buildings in the hathon map gave it a really cool effect

Map - Ferasan Safehouse
    Not much direction on this map. Go in and i killed some people then I’m blowing up communications consoles for “no reason”. No reason because I’m not told why I need to blow them up other than an objective telling me to.
    Also the blow up consoles objectives could be combined in complete all
    An example of direction was after the comm consoles were blown up the boff is like “hey there’s stuff there lets get some data”
    A lot of shoot first ask questions later, I still have no idea what’s going on, just that some ferasans blew a bomb up in Bajor and I'm kicking TRIBBLE but not taking names

Map - U.S.S. Simba
    Thought it was weird they put the body on a bed not a medical bed
    Quick map but not sure how else to do this as it does make sense to go to a ship and debrief with others in a medical room
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I added an arrow (<--) to the mission list to show my current progress. Right now Amicus Apparatus by kortaag is the next mission I am going to play.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Review of Scars of the Pride, Part 1 by Ashkrik32

A good mission by Ashkrik32. His experience as a foundry is evident as it’s extremely polished and the maps are all well done. The modifications he made to the Hathon map were really cool when he created an alley on the prebuilt map. I also thought the combat, while leaning on the easy side, was fun. I did get killed a few times on the “boss” fight though.

In general though I wasn’t drawn into the story as it began quite slowly acting as a conclusion to Ashkrik’s previous series “Perfection”. While there are hints of things happening, the story doesn’t really begin until the end of the second map. Even then I didn’t really have a clue of what I was doing or why as I busted down a couple doors and shot a bunch of Ferasans in the face. It was revealed at the end after you defeat the villain (or at least her goons) but before that I felt a bit railroaded.

For a score I gave it a 4 out of 5. Plusses for competent Foundry tech and creative map work, and minus for the uneven story progression.

Map - Bajor, City of Hathon
    Kind of funny asking Ferasans for directions!
    Nice details
    Grammar TRIBBLE but showing up at the diner at the same time as the others isn’t ironic, it’s more like coincidence
    A couple of dialogues have missing periods at the ends
    Map transition dialogue - might have set the wrong boff, he was some random science dude

Map - Taka’s office
    Not necessarily about the map but the progress of the mission but it starts quite slow, lots of talking to characters

Map - Bajor, City of Hathon Under Attack
    any reason you didn’t use a complete all objective when talking to witnesses?
    That starfleet wall/door looks really out of place
    Using the buildings in the hathon map gave it a really cool effect

Map - Ferasan Safehouse
    Not much direction on this map. Go in and i killed some people then I’m blowing up communications consoles for “no reason”. No reason because I’m not told why I need to blow them up other than an objective telling me to.
    Also the blow up consoles objectives could be combined in complete all
    An example of direction was after the comm consoles were blown up the boff is like “hey there’s stuff there lets get some data”
    A lot of shoot first ask questions later, I still have no idea what’s going on, just that some ferasans blew a bomb up in Bajor and I'm kicking TRIBBLE but not taking names

Map - U.S.S. Simba
    Thought it was weird they put the body on a bed not a medical bed
    Quick map but not sure how else to do this as it does make sense to go to a ship and debrief with others in a medical room

Thank you for the review Zorbane! In terms of story progression it was intended to be somewhat of slowish mission at the start to give you a breather from the last series.
    I did not do the complete all objective for the witnesses because I didn't know about that until I started making part 2. I can go back and fix that. I wasn't sure what wall to use to prevent people from running into the alleyway too early. The reason I had a body on the bed was because the medical bays are stupid and make people float when you place them.
    I will look at the typos and try to make things a little more clear in the Ferasan safehouse.

Glad you liked the "alleyway." I was a little worry that might look out of place with the way I had to do the buildings against the Bajoran architecture.