What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tour the Universe cooldown change -- 4 hour cooldown added *now in patch notes*

Comments

• Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Exactly! like only issuing the rewards at a) when the entire race is completed, or b) in the case of a partial complete, ONLY when the event ends. hence, this would nerf the cheaters and allow legit players to repeat it more than once. :)

That has been suggested so many times it's kind of funny. Closing the "exploit" was probably not the sole motivation behind the change, otherwise (judging by the number of folks suggesting to reward on completion) the devs would have actually closed the "exploit" and not the nerfed whole event.
    still refusing to tour until the devs un-nerf the event, besides this is the second full day with no tour at all in just the past week.

Yeah, pretty much. Too much of a bother to cycle characters just to bypass the completion limit, and the full route for the KDF half is less streamlined than on the Fed end anyway.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    raz1980raz1980 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well I've just come back to playing STO just a few days ago, then found out that tour the universe has been nerfed and yes its a nerf. If it was an exploit how long has this exploit been getting expoited for and cryptic decided to so called fix it. I say that's bullsh*t just another way to get more money out of their customers pockets.... well i think il go back to playing EVE online, there is no way i'm grinding even longer to get a new ship..... bye cryptic o7:mad::eek:
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    raz1980 wrote: »
    Well I've just come back to playing STO just a few days ago, then found out that tour the universe has been nerfed and yes its a nerf. If it was an exploit how long has this exploit been getting expoited for and cryptic decided to so called fix it. I say that's bullsh*t just another way to get more money out of their customers pockets.... well i think il go back to playing EVE online, there is no way i'm grinding even longer to get a new ship..... bye cryptic o7:mad::eek:

Bye! We'll miss you!

Who are you again?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    raz1980raz1980 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Bye! We'll miss you!

Who are you again?

A customer
  • Options
    ru4tedwardru4tedward Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    raz1980 wrote: »
    .... I say that's bullsh*t just another way to get more money out of their customers pockets.... well i think il go back to playing EVE online, there is no way i'm grinding even longer to get a new ship..... bye cryptic o7:mad::eek:

Who pays EC to get a ship? HOW would you use EC to get a ship? Maybe you're talking about consoles and weapons? Still who get's those on the exchange anymore? it's all about sets and fleet equipment, all dilithium and marks....:cool:
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ru4tedward wrote: »
    Who pays EC to get a ship? HOW would you use EC to get a ship? Maybe you're talking about consoles and weapons? Still who get's those on the exchange anymore? it's all about sets and fleet equipment, all dilithium and marks....:cool:

fleet gear? pft to much of a hassle with a small fleet and i'd rather put dilth to better use.

I use EC to get consoles/ Space equipment/SHIPS (ie. Lockbox ships/mirror ships)

sets.....this per character rep grind is boring as heck due to the time gate....it makes me NOT want to log in.

as for TtU....while i would like it to be brought back to what it was...it was never a staple of my ec gains, merely just a slight boost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    kblarghkblargh Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    it lives again
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just an FYI, We used to pay EC to get new ships if we wanted more than the one we got with the free ship token, but that was when the game first launched.
    Yeah that changed when they added Dil to the game.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited October 2013
    Has anyone run this race since the nerf? :P
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,426 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kblargh wrote: »
    it lives again

Sound the Zombie alert.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    questerius wrote: »
    Sound the Zombie alert.

Not true, this thread has stayed largely on topic, and has more comments and views than your silly dino trek thread.

So why isn't cryptic listening to its customers?:P
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    How do you know they're not?
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    *Picard Facepalm*

WILL A MOD PLEASE SHUT THIS RUBBISH DOWN, it is doing "my head in" to quote a modern day expression.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    To be honest I would like to see it going :D. Just like the galaxy thread...
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Because the customer is always WRONG!
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Because the customer is always WRONG!

Only after reading this thread every single day for the next few months could you even hope to approach the understanding of just how frustrated I am with this Nerf to 'Tour the Universe'. It has turned game times in STO into a second grinding job.

:mad:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    *Picard Facepalm*

WILL A MOD PLEASE SHUT THIS RUBBISH DOWN, it is doing "my head in" to quote a modern day expression.

I'm sure this will be considered trolling, but pretty much the only real reason i still want to come here is watching one of these drama queens pop up and squirm.

And be honest, am i really alone here?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So who catalogs how many are being made, and decides which get attended to and which of those are childish?
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Has anyone run this race since the nerf? :P

*raises hand* Any time it's available when I'm logged in. It's an okay way to spend fifteen minutes, especially since I can see what doff assignments are available around the quadrant. Not like that mind-numbingly grindy Academy event.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    What I find funny is how some people think Cryptic listening to the communities opinions must also mean that they cater to every childish demand that gets made.

What would you do if Cryptic nerfed one of your favorite events, I wonder.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What would you do if Cryptic nerfed one of your favorite events, I wonder.

Don't jynx it :D.

We can make a "what you guess will be nerfed next" topic though, would give Cryptic lot's of new ideas :P.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not true, this thread has stayed largely on topic, and has more comments and views than your silly dino trek thread.

Perhaps we are not speaking their language?
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oh, for a second there i thought it was you, given the "i know better" tone of your post there.

EDIT: And actually, i think that's PWE. Cryptic just does the work, as far as i know. Are you with those guys?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I knew it was futility almost from the get-go (had a smidge of hope at first, i admit). This thread is mostly to vent, whine, and occasionally say something smart. Occasionally.

I won't defend the Cryptic better do something now or i'll explode!!! crowd, those guys are insane. But every once in a while you get some lady or gentleman showing up acting all smart and insulting everyone who still bothers to take issue with this tour thing like they're intruding on their personal space or something. That's just sad.

And i know i no one should take troll bait from 5-year-olds, but what can ya do. Sometimes it gets the better of you.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yeah personally I disagree with the specifics of how Cryptic implemented this, but I agree that they needed to do something.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yeah personally I disagree with the specifics of how Cryptic implemented this, but I agree that they needed to do something.

Why?

Was it to you that it worked the way it had for several years? ;)

How did it cause you an inconvenience before the nerf? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Why?

Was it to you that it worked the way it had for several years? ;)

How did it cause you an inconvenience before the nerf? :rolleyes:
    Prior to the change, people could get a benefit out of not finishing the mission and restarting it repeatedly after doing the easy parts. That was why Cryptic added the cooldown. Personally I think that they should only have added the cooldown to people who drop the mission, but.... not my decision really.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Prior to the change, people could get a benefit out of not finishing the mission and restarting it repeatedly after doing the easy parts. That was why Cryptic added the cooldown. Personally I think that they should only have added the cooldown to people who drop the mission, but.... not my decision really.

A cool down for dropping it would probably have been better.

I used to run multiple time with the same ship, as advanced quantum slip stream plus full omega rep sets made it a breeze.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    A cool down for dropping it would probably have been better.

I used to run multiple time with the same ship, as advanced quantum slip stream plus full omega rep sets made it a breeze.

I could not have agreed more, A cool down for dropping it would have been best, while those doing it properly should not have been punished for the abusers who deserved the nerf.

We can hope that perhaps cryptic will reconcile this overcompensating nerf in the season 8 update.:D
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Prior to the change, people could get a benefit out of not finishing the mission and restarting it repeatedly after doing the easy parts.

There were no 'easy parts' , and I see you've not answered the question "How did it cause you an inconvenience ?" .
This discussion has been closed.