test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tour the Universe cooldown change -- 4 hour cooldown added *now in patch notes*

Comments

• cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And now attendance numbers in STO are plummeting. been to risa lately, or any other similar 'high-traffic' area since the nerf, barren and abandoned.

'mission accomplished' cryptic?;)

isnt the DOOM thread this way >>>

:cool:
    cgta1967 wrote: »

wrong topic...this is the nerfed tour defect thread. :P
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited September 2013
    I swear, Cryptic had better reverse this ASAP before the entire Exchange crashes. Truly, Cryptic's greed overrules their foresight.

They have no intention of fixing the issue. :(

Did you see the spikes in the exchange in the past few days?
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    wrong topic...this is the nerfed tour defect thread. :P

Actually, apparently it's the "make stuff up" thread.

Exhibit A:
    And now attendance numbers in STO are plummeting. been to risa lately, or any other similar 'high-traffic' area since the nerf, barren and abandoned.

'mission accomplished' cryptic?;)
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited September 2013
    Can you recall what do you do for FUN? if you call fun=grind until your teeth falls off that is a twisted way of looking at things...for any logical person this has become an unending grinding orgy. If they fix the so called "exploits" nobody would be left in this game except for those few masochists who think grinding is FUN...just saying.:D:D:D

"Make players grind until their eyes bleed or make them pay through the urethra. We don't care how you milk them dry, just make sure that milking them dry until their nipples petrify and fall off is your only goal. Don't deviate from this goal unless you'd rather be on the bread line." - Prime Directive from PWE

"Ohh my gosh its full of EXPLOITs...shut it down"

I concur, sucks to tour now, as the challenge has ceased to be competitive.
    edited September 2013
    ru4tedward wrote: »
    Back there, somewhere I proposed that they did not, in fact, step on the bug. I've been running tour ever since, and getting the EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF EC as I did before. It's just spread out over several Toons.

Here's the gig: you DI/RP a character before the event and park them in ESD at the club. Stack several characters in there, all with fast ships and SSR warp drives.

Then, when you get to Pelia (on the standard route), instead of transwarping back for the next round, you change characters and start a new loop. Instead of one character looping 3-4 times, I'm stuffing 4 characters through with time to spare.

For those people using the short route, same thing, just with more characters.

Frankly I kinda like it this way. Now I can run reputation stuff on all my characters simultaneously rather than having them run Tour, one after another, sometimes waiting weeks to get a new influx of cash.

A creative person might even find a seductive way to exploit the Exchange system to pass EC from character to character. And thus re-condence the money that had to be won, spread out.

No exploits have been killed, they just changed the nature of the exploits. THose who still want it can still get it.
    :P

Except you see, as demonstrated above, oodles of EC are still to be had during the tour, if you know the right technique. so much for sqaushing your 'exploit' LOL :P
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Except you see, as demonstrated above, oodles of EC are still to be had during the tour, if you know the right technique. so much for sqaushing your 'exploit' LOL :P

You may want to sit down for this...

This isn't an 'exploit', it's playing as intended.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
    edited September 2013
    sirokk wrote: »
    You may want to sit down for this...

This isn't an 'exploit', it's playing as intended.

...right up until the point where Cryptic calls it an exploit.

Which makes it exactly the same as everything else...
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Geez, is this thread still active?

We're keeping it alive, why?

I could point out that this topic is now weeks after the fact.

I could also point out that Cryptic has ruthlessly squashed every single EC or Dilithium farming not-working-as-intended economy-wrecking loophole that rears its' ugly head.

And I could point out that Cryptic has gotten dead-serious about time vs. reward balance that impacts their free-to-play model.

But that would be logical. Carry on.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »

Hah. As soon entered general discussion and saw this thread I was about to post that.

It managed to make it all the way back to page 7 once, with 3 days of no posting.

Now it's back. Greeeeeat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
    edited September 2013

I could also point out that Cryptic has ruthlessly squashed every single EC or Dilithium farming not-working-as-intended economy-wrecking loophole that rears its' ugly head.

And I could point out that Cryptic has gotten dead-serious about time vs. reward balance that impacts their free-to-play model.

Could you point out the logic in ruthlessly waiting years to change the Tour? Because the time vs reward balance hadn't changed in quite a long time.

I get that the loopholes need to be closed. But Cryptic often takes their own sweet time about closing them. They're really not the balance-ninjas you're making them out to be.
  • kblarghkblargh Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, this is back. Raaawr! Nooo! Exploitlement!

Lemme post something negative about it, so as not to feed it without making myself seem better than everyone else.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Could you point out the logic in ruthlessly waiting years to change the Tour? Because the time vs reward balance hadn't changed in quite a long time.

I get that the loopholes need to be closed. But Cryptic often takes their own sweet time about closing them. They're really not the balance-ninjas you're making them out to be.
    Has tour even been around more than one year?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Has tour even been around more than one year?

According to stowiki , it was released on December 1, 2011 .

Cryptic could not find 'dead serious' with two hands and a road map . :D
    This comes from higher up me thinks ... -- especially after Cryptic made such a debacle out of Neverwinter's free-to-play model .
    edited September 2013
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    According to stowiki , it was released on December 1, 2011 .
    So 1.75-ish... IE less than 2.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited September 2013
    So 1.75-ish... IE less than 2.

... out of the 3.5 years of the games existence ...

(if you're looking to put things in proportion)
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bah, add holographic orion pole dancers, and lets even betetr party start :).
  • mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

We're keeping it alive, why?

I could point out that this topic is now weeks after the fact.

It's still active cause these whiners refuse to accept that cryptic has the right to fix exploits in a game they own.

Locking the thread won't do anything cause some whiner will just start a new one.
    Playing since launch in 2010.
    edited September 2013
    mindmage2 wrote: »
    It's still active cause these whiners refuse to accept that cryptic has the right to fix exploits in a game they own.

Well, considering that only a few who like to use the term 'exploit' (without understanding what an exploit actually is) call it as such , then yeah you're right .

Cryptic has decided to reshape some ways that EC is earned , and that is their right .
    Waking up and calling a mission an 'exploit' after nearly 2 years ... , well that's just bad comedy . :cool:
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    mindmage2 wrote: »

Locking the thread won't do anything cause some whiner will just start a new one.

Who whines about the whiners? :rolleyes:
    EnYn9p9.jpg
    edited September 2013
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Well, considering that only a few who like to use the term 'exploit' (without understanding what an exploit actually is) call it as such , then yeah you're right .

Cryptic has decided to reshape some ways that EC is earned , and that is their right .
    Waking up and calling a mission an 'exploit' after nearly 2 years ... , well that's just bad comedy . :cool:

or a poorly implemented inadequate bandaid for a gaping wound?
  • jiitoljiitol Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Basic math I found in City of Heroes.

Cryptic = stealth nerfs

eugenesys wrote: »

This is definitely a STEALTH NERF.

It would have been somewhat palatable if it was stated in the patch notes but noooooo...

That said, usually they are meaningless little things they don't think anyone will notice, or hope they won't and come clean after the outcry with the "we overlooked that detail by mistake"

Overall, they don't do it maliciously, they just didn't see it as important. I only wish that all gaming companies would give all details of patches. If it is an exploit fix, say fixed an exploit. If it is something that was not implemented as intended, state as much. If it was corrected to prevent abuse (in their eyes) state you nerfed it.

Also, before they make a change of significance other than an actual exploit, they should really tell the community first. I guess the problem here is what would be defined as an exploit?
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    elessym wrote: »

Great post....when you use logic...amazingly enough there is only crickets in the background....others who don't like the response would go back to the same old rethoric: why are you whining:P which DOES not make sense. Fun to see the real whiners don't have a point when it comes to it but only personal demeaning attacks.

If you are part of the IN group (foundry or PvP "nobles") they would get their voice heard in a few postings not the 111 pages like this one without a permanent fix. Common case the elachi console...PvP "nobles" complained or whine about it...got a response in a mere week to fix the so called EXPLOIT. Here it has been months since the last DEV posting and nothing....TRIBBLE you players!!!...as they might implied since we are not of "noble" category but just whining for no reason as some might say. I'm using the word "noble" instead of the "E" word for they would ban those who dare to speak out.....not speaking for anyone else but me.

Proves there is no "real" reasoning in here to help the regular "joe" player since the mighty overlords are the chinese PWE's club mentality sitting in golden thrones and crapping all over you whether you whine or no whine :(:(:(

"Make players grind until their eyes bleed or make them pay through the urethra. We don't care how you milk them dry, just make sure that milking them dry until their nipples petrify and fall off is your only goal. Don't deviate from this goal unless you'd rather be on the bread line." - Prime Directive from PWE

DUwNP.gif

• jeffreymgeorgejeffreymgeorge Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Since this thread is currently active....

As a new player, I'm not familiar with the history of this mission. When can you currently run it? My initial findings made me think it's only available on special occasions. Is that the case?
    edited September 2013
    Great post....when you use logic...amazingly enough there is only crickets in the background....others who don't like the response would go back to the same old rethoric: why are you whining:P which DOES not make sense. Fun to see the real whiners don't have a point when it comes to it but only personal demeaning attacks.

If you are part of the IN group (foundry or PvP "nobles") they would get their voice heard in a few postings not the 111 pages like this one without a permanent fix. Common case the elachi console...PvP "nobles" complained or whine about it...got a response in a mere week to fix the so called EXPLOIT. Here it has been months since the last DEV posting and nothing....TRIBBLE you players!!!...as they might implied since we are not of "noble" category but just whining for no reason as some might say. I'm using the word "noble" instead of the "E" word for they would ban those who dare to speak out.....not speaking for anyone else but me.

Proves there is no "real" reasoning in here to help the regular "joe" player since the mighty overlords are the chinese PWE's club mentality sitting in golden thrones and crapping all over you whether you whine or no whine :(:(:(

I would say that it took that long to get fixed simply because it wasn't a high priority to fix and it took them that long to get around to it....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would say that it took that long to get fixed simply because it wasn't a high priority to fix and it took them that long to get around to it....

Whatever one's believe to your own right....If one believes pigs fly or Santa Claus is real...to each its own....wasn't a problem 3 yrs ago and now LO and BEHOLD...lets Ninja kill the exploit great timing....;)
    DUwNP.gif

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Whatever you believe to your own right....If one believes pigs fly or Santa Claus is real...to each its own....wasn't a problem 3 yrs ago and now LO and BEHOLD...lets Ninja kill the exploit great timing....;)

Highly agreed, they nerfed it because it was an easy source of EC's for a given hour. However based on the time frame between tours the EC earning potential wasn't actually all that great per hour. Now it's so paltry that a single VR shield array equals the earning potential of the tour in EC's per hour!!!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited September 2013
    jiitol wrote: »
    I guess the problem here is what would be defined as an exploit ?

More like the problem is that if you turn around and "re-define" something as an exploit after it's been in your game for close to 2 years , then your community is going to laugh in your face and call it BS , which it is .
    jiitol wrote: »
    Cryptic = stealth nerfs

That said, usually they are meaningless little things they don't think anyone will notice, or hope they won't and come clean after the outcry with the "we overlooked that detail by mistake"

This OTOTH sounds true . :)
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If the EC earning potential between runs was so unimpressive before the change, then you shouldn't care that they fixed what they deemed to be an exploit because by your own argument you had better ways of earning EC to begin with. :rolleyes:

The reason I care is because before the nerf the EC per hour from the tour was roughly 450-750k per hour putting it on par with a foundry run or even sector patrols. Now the EC per hour is down to 10-50k making it equal to a single piece of VR gear vendor value that can obtained in a few seconds.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• kblarghkblargh Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just curious, how's this stacking up to the Dilithium nerf thread now?
This discussion has been closed.