test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

State of the Game: July 2013

Comments

• dm19deltadm19delta Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would really like to see the New Orleans class and the Constellation Class added to STO.

I chose Voyager though. I really want the chance to give the Kazon the beat down that Voyager was never able to provide.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The upcoming stuff sounds pretty awesome. That concept art is intriguing, to say the least. :eek:

I voted for Enterprise, because it's by far the most underrated series and deserves much more attention. And I'm still holding out hope for an NX-class interior, both for my ship and for use in the Foundry. Besides, we have a ton of DS9/TNG/VOY stuff in the game already.

A story where we time-travel to the Earth/Romulan War of the late 2150s would be epic. :D
    I agree we need that bridge/interior option like for the TOS bridge pack, But there Are fans for all the shows so maybe authenticate and upgrade all the ships so they standup for all the fans, like make special red beams and torps for the ENterpise series ship, thier phaser pistols. So the same for TNG fans, add in those gun costumes and more abilities for the saucer sep on the galaxy, allow it to fire the scatter pulse too. We need more melee weapons exclusive to only KDF and a jem'hadar playable race, with access to thier melee staff. The intrepid class's alblative armor should have am HP power setting instead of a timer, the voyagers lasted longer then a few sec. and could fire beams durring that time. The TOS ship has been my biggest request from cryptic and i even mail CBS on this. We somehow need a chance to use the TOS themed ships, for thos interested, you could transfer a toon to red shirt and use that server for a tos version of the game introducing commander level max ships from that original series one ship per faction, a boon for lifetime members...trek fans wouldnt turn this one down!! Maybe also a fencing style sword ability exclusive to fed like sulu used and his Eepee sold in the Lobi store too.
    Maybe some more hats and helmets, I still cant get the rom helmet to work for my toon. Your exploration idea has my best attention, maybe redo all of your previous exploring missions with several accolades locations toactually explore..this would be epic and perfect for my 2 exploring toons (Adventure Cat and Caitian Picard)

But what you have down with the game so far since ive started to play has really made it all worth my time thanks cryptic, i think ive gotten my moneys worth of fun from your product keep up the good work.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    COME ON...

ENTERPRISE

ENTERPRISE

ENTERPRISE

ENTERPRISE

Canceled!!!

Fixed that for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tenlaiantenlaian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll vote...when I stop getting booted every 10 minutes, and can finally visually alter my main-Fed toons ship

Ya know..when ya fix up more of the game, like ya claim to be doing?
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Three cheers for the designer of those veteran outfits. Very swanky!

I still hope that PvP will feature as endgame priorities :(
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    Enterprise We'll beam you up!

Why?

Xindi

Interiors

Earth Romulan War (time travel + ENT-J)

New NX time period ships

We get it, jumpingjs. You want to see stuff from the worst Star Trek series yet, when most of it is already being done. PLEASE stop spamming the forum.

1: We have Xindi DOffs, Cryptic's likely thinking of doing more with them anyway.
    2: Interiors for what? Not very useful, and vague.
    3: Time travel to Earth-Romulan War? Why? We just made friends with the Romulans, why remind ourselves what happened? Also, the Ent-J is a Starbase-sized ship (and HIDEOUS to boot), not to mention vastly impractical (in general and in the context of this game).
    4: New NX ships. Like what? We have the Romulan Drones, the T'Varo, and something very similar to the 22nd Century Klingon Bird-of-Prey. And we have a Suliban ship. We need no more old, weak ships. They're more likely to do a T5 Connie than a T5 NX ship, and they've already said "never" to that.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Currently with TOS so far back in the polls it is obvious the older folks aren't home from work yet! :) I took today off, gonna have to make some phone calls. :P

Yep...need to round up the rest of us geezers to get TOS some love up there in that poll. Course, when I voted TOS - it was a hybrid sort of vote.

It wasn't a case of wanting actual TOS ships - it was a case of wanting 2409 versions of TOS ships.

But would like a where are they now sort of thing going on with the species and stories from the TOS Era.

And of course, there's this: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Undeveloped_Star_Trek:_The_Original_Series_episodes
  • matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Looks like interesting, and a Featured Series advancing the story is promising, I just hope it actually progresses instead of "Oh noes, a new enemy is attacking us!!(BTW, Iconians are the ones behind this)!!"
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    oh joy... another rep.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • marksamuelsonmarksamuelson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm quite pleased to hear about the plans for the next season. It would be nice if the Romulans could become an independent faction at that point. It will be interesting to see how this poll goes. I wouldn't mind seeing the Cardassians or maybe even the Dominion becoming a playable faction. The Romulan veteran rewards look great, can't wait to see them become available. Thanks for all the great work you all put into this game. I have always been a Trekkie and there is no other online game that comes close to being able to keep my interest the way this one does. Keep up the great work.!
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    I wonder who that terrible enemy from Voyager might be..... Talaxians ?! :eek::D

10:1 it's the Undine; aka Species 8472.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    10:1 it's the Undine; aka Species 8472.

Note they said new enemy. We already have the Undine. I say 10:1 it's the Voth.
  • brencardenbrencarden Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just seems pointless to be in a fleet as you don't have to do anything TOGETHER as a fleet. . . maybe some missions where you scrape together some fleet buddies and as a reward for doing said mission you get a reduction in the time for a fleet project?? Or a king of the hill style Fleet Vs Fleet battle zone to help correct Pugs vs pemade teams in PVP.

Pls FINISH ANDORIA!!!!
    I want to kill things !!!!!!!!
    Not parade around in a speedo!!!
    not fly around an island in the sun !!!

AND PLS GIVE TEAMS THE OPTION TO KICK AFK PLAYERS FROM STF/PVP ETC.

All the Devs should Go play a 2 week trial of EVE and get some good ideas on how they run their guild system !!!!

https://www.eveonline.com/start/
  • flatmattflatmatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm confused by the poll question. Is it "Which Trek series' ships, species, & stories would you most like to see more of?" or "Which Trek series' ships, characters, species, and stories, would you most like to see more of in a future STO Expansion?" Because the latter implies an "expansion" like Legacy of Romulus rather than just future content of any size, and the only ones deserving of a full faction treatment are probably the Cardassians (and even then it's iffy). That would be a vote for Deep Space Nine.

If it's just "what would you like to see in new content," I might like to see Denobulans and Xindi popping up occasionally. Maybe more stories about the races of the Federation (complete with the missing Alpha Quadrant portion of the Federation "heartland"). That would all imply Enterprise species. Maybe better Undine content, implying a vote for Voyager.

So it really depends on what the question means.

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
    Krushan Twinn - Orion Science
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Being one of the few people who actually enjoyed Enterprise, it would be nice to see the various races of the Xindi make an appearance. I'm not asking to add their big death star into the game but any sort of Xindi appearance might be nice, especially the aquatics. When their ships explode, they don't vent atmosphere, they spew water!
    m12Pkoj.png
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As we move into the second half of this year, the team is hard at work on the updates that will launch between now and January. The next major update to the game will be Season 8, and it will be releasing later this year.

So....let me get this straight....

First the latest expansion was explicitly stated as 'not season 8' then it was explicitly stated as being season 8 and that season 9 would be next and now the next update is season 8 again

and cryptic wonders why people question what they tell us
    maximum level captains by facing off against a deadly new enemy that was introduced in Star Trek: Voyager

you should be continuing with what you already added instead of adding new enemies. the storyline hasn't advanced an inch in 3 years. the iconians are starting to look like some kind of galaxy wide secret society or something

PS: am I the only one who found it really odd that voyager got the highest vote and tos the lowest. that was a real wtf moment
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can't believe I'm about to say this but...

I voted for Enterprise.

I know, I know. But I recently went back and watched the whole series, gave it a second chance. I actually liked it up to the end of season 3. Anyways I've had more than my fill of DS9 as much as I love it. I'm ready for some more ENT.

Oh and good stuff in SotG. Advancement of the Iconian story line finally? My body is ready.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • cjpigcjpig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As far as future expansions I would love to see something out there and unexpected a lot like what you have been doing but perhaps introduce a new important race that challenge the federation or KDF and change allegiances, return old enemies to power, empires are destroyed and built. Or go back to some of our favorite star trek stories and see what happens now, I always wondered what happened to Armus in skin of evil, and the life forms that left him there. What would happen if he made it off the planet? Would he go after Picard? Could he ever forget Picard and what they did?
    Thinking on TNG for a second something that made me sad was Andreas Katsulas never got a chance to make Tomalak Picard's true nemesis. I think he deserved more than that, honestly I don't know what happened to him as a character, maybe temporal agents kidnapped him and transported him to new Romulus in the future because they needed his strength as a leader? Maybe he died in a skirmish with a unknown federation starship and was never heard from again :(. Perhaps him and Sela got into it and Sela won? lol

Back to the question at hand how about some of those races they visited in Voyager? What happens if one of those races sought out the federation/alpha quadrant? Where are the Klingons in the Delta Quadrant now? As far as new stories, the Herogin have always interested me. Perhaps they start a new home world in the alpha quadrant and become more or less dominant (less so they can survive as a race). There are a lot of places you could go with this.
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @DanStahl: You've stated numerous times how much the staff has grown and how much you'll be able to develop now. My question is: with all this new staff why has there been such a huge increase of bugs and the necessity for emergency patches to fix a patch? I mean no disrespect but is it because of new devs getting used to the system and "quirks" of the coding or limited resources forcing you to hire more "entry level" developers?

Again please don't misunderstand I'm not trying to be rude or mean, but as someone that has spent a lot of very hard to come by cash and someone that spent that because of the potential they saw, it's becoming a little worrying lately with the amount of problems.

Also any news yet on if you've finally decided to add a Romulan costume option for fleet bases yet? You already have the interior and exterior maps you could use, so it shouldn't be that resource draining to add the npcd and consoles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    icegavel wrote: »
    We get it, jumpingjs. You want to see stuff from the worst Star Trek series yet, when most of it is already being done. PLEASE stop spamming the forum.

Sorry, got carried away ...

And Enterprise is not bad!

I loved it!

What has DS9 got that is new , hard and/or interesting species , that the other series's do not. I do not think DS9 were that good on the exploring front.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Against better judgment I voted Voyager, there's quite a few with which to play with: the Vaadwaur; the Pralor and Cravic automated units; the Voth; the Devore; the Think Tank; the Malon; the Nacene (Suspiria); and the Krenim.

Then there's ones like the Briori which were mentioned but never actually seen, capable of traveling to the Alpha Quadrant way back in the 20th century and probably had saucer-like starships. Classic 1930's sci-fi looking stuff I'd imagine, based on the idea of UFO's, abduction, and Grey-type aliens (mostly from novelist Gustav Sandgren) at the time.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • vilifiedvvilifiedv Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Great update and good to hear STO is thriving.

I would really like to see new ship interiors and actual things to do and places to personalize inside our ship. I would definitely spend some zen on that. The ship interiors really stand out to me as bland.
  • gaiuspoltgaiuspolt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have been having fun in the game. I am a lifer now. I love it that the game is not stagnant. Always adding more, improving. I just don't know why folks play a game if they hate it so much? Don't like it, don't play it. I am having a good time.
  • shaunklshaunkl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm guessing Vaadwaur for that new enemy. The Nexus is supposed to be in our galaxy again near this time. I'd also be open to anything involving the Xindi and/or a precursor to the Federation war against the Sphere Builders.

Content-wise I'd like more Enterprise costumes (Excursion jackets!) and interiors. Same goes for TNG.

Some news about the big July patch would have been welcome... my login screen is still screwy... we are still getting the update right...?

...okay... :(
    Number one on my wishlist: New FED transporter effect
    Number two: 22nd Century Excursion Jackets
    Number three: Handheld communicator animation for non-combadge uniforms
  • jalawaranjalawaran Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about Summer and Winter events that are somehow part of the Star Trek universe? Fighting snowmen and hatching birds...not so Trekkie, even hiding under the guise of "Q can do anything" :( .

LoR has some AMAZING work, but spend as much in terms of man-hours, on the space aspect of STAR Trek as you do the ground. Ground is what ALL the other MMO's do...Space is the reason I play STO. I don't mind a ground run here and there, but imo, space should offer more than ground across the board, and there should be 2 times the number of space events as ground. Free-for-all zones perhaps? A battle in progress, assist your faction in a never-ending (no time limit) battle for marks, loots, etc.

Mostly, I'd like to see real LEVEL APPROPRIATE loot for level 50 chars. AT lvl 50, there is nothing level appropriate besides mk XII...even if its green drops, it's better than getting snuffed with a blue mk xi or even a pair of VR mk x's. Either change loot tables in lvl 50 events, or at least give us an option to craft equipment of our choice with DOffs...that are actually level appropriate...a lvl 40-44 gets a mk x, a lvl 45-49 gets a mk xi, and ALL lvl 50 players get mk xii. Make a space zone like defera for marks.

I miss foundry, but the loot cap finishing before a single run is even complete makes in not worth finishing the runs. I get my EC, rinse and repeat with another character. The mediocre dil payout of foundry is NEVER worth the time investment to those that know how to make the most of their time in terms of rewards. Kind of like the Tour for EC payout...spend the same time in space events and you stand to make 4x the EC for the same hour of time. What's the purpose of tour, the academy event and the vault event? Use those event times for stuff the majority of the player base can/wold use...like Marks Event, Mirror, etc.

LOTS of potential to keep this game at the top, but I contend that of you keep following the ideas and methods of other MMO's, you may as well just unplug STAR Trek and make a ground combat game with a space mission here and there. "Ground Trek with some stars..."

ALL I'd like to see is improvement on what's already here...I didn't cxl my year-long sub because I thought we'd never get more, I cxl'd it because of the problems that remain uncorrected for exceptional periods of time.
  • agonyboothagonybooth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would like to see customizable uniforms for your crewmembers on the ship. Allow options for uniform setups for each department. I also think it would be cool to customize exactly where people sit or stand on your bridge. Guarantee that your first officer is at your side, or have guards standing by the turbolifts if you're going with a mirror-universe theme. It would vastly improve the atmosphere of player ship interiors.
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stop the speculation people. Its the VOTH! Gecko said once on a podcast he really wanted to do them in game. And look at how that station makes a Galaxy class look like a TOS shuttle. A space adventure zone would make our starships play like the shuttle craft from that well made Romulan mission. And the size of the Voth would make that happen where space maps could look like ground or interior maps.

TNG is my favorite series, but I voted Voyager for that Delta Quadrant expansion and happy to see the majority agree so far.

The Voth have transwarp ability. Maybe they've decided to reclaim Earth and are making their way back home! :eek:

I dont understand why Cryptic treats the foundry like the stepchild of the game. Cant they understand it provides story content inbetween the LOOOOOOOONG periods of time we wait for Cryptic to give story content. They are basically telling the players to LEAVE for MONTHS at a time while we wait for their Cryptic stories. Surprisingly people are willing to pay to create content and Cryptic still doesnt give a care about the Foundry. Cryptic's grind is too grindy and just runs players off. And LMFAO at Cryptic thinking THEY can provide the Exploration the players want and not realize and invest in a foundry that can actually provide it.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
    edited July 2013
    As much as I want ENT to win, I suppose it is not going to happen.

THE VOTH ARE COMING
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

edited July 2013
    EDIT: nothing to see

• medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jumpingjs, stop spamming. We get it.
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
This discussion has been closed.