Install Arc
Options

Downloading Arc

Comments

• Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I only play STO.

I have absolutely NO use for a multigame loader.

This WILL eventually become a mandator install of bloatware and That may be the day I stop playing... or only play rarely... downloading and installing the loader client only t delete it again then scour my computer clean of it's garbage when done.
  • Options
    admiraljohn1701admiraljohn1701 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After reading the article a couple of questions come to mind why does it say in the article that it's for new players starting Thursday but, in the forums it's been stated that it is also for anyone who downloads the client after Thursday? and, for players who already play STO through Steam will they be forced to use Arc instead? As a long time player of this game, I will like to say that I do not like the idea of being forced at a later date or in cases where the client has to be downloaded after Thursday to use the Arc client. I even have a Steam account but I do not play STO in Steam; prefer to play STO in it's separate client which is fine for what I need and it is functional (most of the time). The new features of the Arc client just does not interest me at all and with other clients that have to be downloaded it's just one more client that takes up memory who many clients does one person need just to game on PC now? Please reconsider the mandatory use of the client and allow the Arc client to be optional for players who wish to use it. After reviewing this thread it appears that the player base is not too thrilled about this as well. I think the development of the STO Gateway was good enough as an alternative way to connect to STO through a web browser.

Just my thoughts on this matter,

Thank you.
    Actual join date: Aug 2010
    1000+ day veteran :)
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    as I play multible PWE games on my desktop I already use the ARC, however I play STO only when on my laptop and would like to keep it on its own launcher. I wish for the current system to remain in place as many others have stated.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    morganjshawnmorganjshawn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Note to players who reject this move, there is a way around this crummy move made by Cryptic themselves. the original STO Disc for those that have a hard copy will re-install the game and default launcher. for those that don't have the disc I suggest you download the the STO Launcher exe from the download page of the website now and retain it for your needs (Someone will probably account for telling you this so if I'm not heard from again you know why)
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thumpyecho wrote: »
    "...starting this Thursday, July 18th, new players registering to play STO will be downloading the Arc client first before jumping in-game."

So they must download Arc first, before a new user can play STO? Correct?

From this forum thread(page two namely)....it's was optional.....I'm not holding Brandon's feet to the fire on this one, because things change, and he's just the messenger....

Now if the post from today(16 July 2013)reads as plainly as it appears - now new users must download Arc first.....

Step 1) Completely Optional
    Step 2) Optional for everybody pre 18 July 2013

And what's the logical conclusion I wonder?*eyeroll*......All users must start using this?...Eventually?

Edit: The above made sense in my head.....train of thought kinda thing......
    Edit 2: Also went back and read the first Arc thread people are confirming the above conclusion

Specifically Brandon said
    Nothing is changing at this point. Feel free to continue launching directly from the launcher :)If that changes, we'll be sure to communicate it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So he didn't say it was a sure thing that this Arc TRIBBLE would not become mandatory. But I fear you may be right that eventually ALL STO players will be forced to have this TRIBBLE on their systems. I had a feeling this was going to happen and it seems it is starting to.

Edit: And with all the concern and player feedback indicating nobody wanted this to become mandatory, once again we get ignored completely.

Perfect example of what my forum signature means.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Brandon,

Let me begin by saying that I for one do not want this. Ever. I feel this way because I have no logical reason to desire nor to accept this software. I do not play any of the games that PWE offers and neither do I have any desire to play any of these games. The only software offered by PWE that I wish to play is a certain game known in some parts as "Star Trek Online". You may have heard of it? ;)

While I believe I understand the reasons behind this move, I certainly doubt their wisdom. The idea underpinnning this is likely "show them more games, and some will play more games". Problematically, many of these games are rather grind heavy for the average 'western' player and have little actual substance to them. Western players will be unlikely to take well to this style of game, unlike the players of the Eastern markets that PWE has traditionally worked.

I would like to know solid, plain english answers to the following questions;
    What will this do for me?
    What will this do for PWE?
    Why should I accept this software?
    How will I be able to avoid or circumvent this software if it becomes mandatory?

I'm sure that these questions are running through the minds of many forumites at the moment. I am equally sure that the buzzword filled corporate double talk press releases we have seen thus far regarding this matter has not put any one at ease.

Brandon, I'm going to summarize now by saying;
    We do not want this. We have no reason to want this.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please Note, I was just starting to look through this thread when I saw Brandon's Post quoted here...
    Arc is here. Are you are referring to the possibility that it may be required in the future? If so, we'd love to eventually evolve Arc to the point where it is fully integrated in all of our games, but we're simply not ready to do that yet, as we're still in the experimental, early development phase. First, we want to test it out, add new features, make sure people like it, and, above all else, grow it into something that players want to use because it legitimately improves the overall game experience.

Brandon, I know you're more the Messenger here for your PWE Overlords. To be honest, I do not want or need another separate piece of software just to play one game! I do not care for a secondary application that has a built-in browser. I usually have a separate browser running as it is if I wish to check STOWiki or the Forums. If I wish to purchase Zen for actual cash, I can make sure I do it through current means to do so now.

As to my overall game experience? It is just fine as is!
    Regarding existing players*, my quote from the other thread when we introduced it still holds true:
    Nothing is changing at this point. Feel free to continue launching directly from the launcher :) If that changes, we'll be sure to communicate it.

*Do note that if you uninstall the game and need to reinstall, or get a new computer, you will need to download Arc to install and launch STO.
    Brandon, hey guess what? You just announced that ARC will be required! No semantics here, just a indirect way of putting it.

I get that this allows for better back-end setup and the like. I actually had no issues while playing City of Heroes when NCSOft pushed their overall launcher. You had the option, at least, to have the program shut down after the game launched. If ARC has such an option (Not that I can find an actual FAQ here...), then I might consider trying it. But if the features are to be believed, it has to run in addition to what ever game client is running. That, is a deal-breaker for me (and a good number of other forumites, it seems...).

There have been times, I have seriously considered spending actual money to buy zen, but either actual finances or Cryptic's and/or PWE's idiocy in their policies have kept me from doing it.

So what this fully boils down to is this: Brandon, if you can either honestly answer them yourself or get an honest answer from your PWE Overlords to the Questions I list below, I might consider giving ARC a try. If you can not or will not, then when ARC becomes fully mandatory, PWE will most likely loose two Customers (My GF and myself) permanently and give negative views about our experiences in dealing with PWE.

1) Does ARC have to be kept running in the background while running the game of your choice, regardless if you wish to use ARC's Features or not?

2) Does ARC have options to allow it to shut itself down after the game you wish to play is running?

3) Can you do simultaneous updates for the Holodeck/Tribble/Redshirt installations? (This was a positive feature, to me, for NCSoft's launcher)

4) Are there options to keep ARC from activating upon Windows startup?
    I have enough background applications already (Considering the Steam client has those options).

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited July 2013
    felderburg wrote: »
    NCSoft did the same thing with City of Heroes. CoH was the only NCSoft game I played, and I had to go through the NCSoft launcher. It wasn't a big deal. I wasn't inundated with ads, and the launcher had an option to close after you launched your game. I didn't download other games, even though there was the option to, because I didn't want to play them.

Was it a transparent attempt at trying to get people to play other games? Yes. That didn't mean I had to play those games, and it's the same situation here.

I remember that, now. Your comment may be the one bright spot I've seen so far.

I've tried to keep an open mind. Truly. I went back and read everything Bran linked to in the OP. I'm not a dunce, but it left me scratching my head trying to figure out what is really useful that isn't a redundancy.

to quote the Arc intro post:

Check out these awesome benefits for Arc users:

News - Receive the latest news across games with embedded updates from Arc.

unnecessary for me. I've no interest in the other games, just like other posters in this thread.
    Billing - Easily recharge and transfer ZEN across games through a variety of payment methods.
    already accomplished with what we currently have. The "across games" bit means nothing to me.
    Browse - Arc's In-Game Overlay with fully functional web browser will allow you access the forums or browse the internet.
    already accomplished with what we currently have. Considering how many security patches the big browsers have to make to protect me from hacking, I'm wondering what holes a "fully functional" PWE browser would open.
    Support - Contact Customer Service with a click of the button and easily send in a ticket to request assistance.
    already accomplished with what we currently have (and may I add, I've not seen any non-auto responses to my last several filings, even after weeks. Don't understand how Arc improves this core need)
    Connect - Check out what your friends are playing and connect with them on Arc's built-in messenger.
    OK, this one is a concern. I'll comment after the list.
    Notifications ? Get the most out of your online gaming experience and never miss another event with the in-game notification system.
    Was the current system failing in this somehow? If so, I truly never noticed.
    Coupons ? Arc users will receive exclusive promotions and coupons when available.
    I suppose this might be the one spot that is different and beneficial, though I'd prefer to understand just what kinds of things will be offered. No sense in offering me Neverwinter stuff if I'm completely uninterested in playing it.

Regarding "connect", I've had a problem with games that always reveal who I am and where I am to friends. Why, if they are friends? Because there are times I prefer anonymity. I want to work quietly on a personal project (well, as quietly as a spread of photon torpedoes will allow), without my friends chiming in "Hey, what ya doing? Gotta come help me with this! Why haven't I seen this toon before? You trying to ditch me?, etc." And this usually ends up in my being unable to complete whatever goal I'd set.

I'm just back in the workforce after a long unemployment. I was looking forward to finally making some ZEN upgrades to my playing, but knowing I have an older system (which I cannot immediately replace), I'm cautious about adding anything that takes further processing/memory. Since Arc may do that, I'll regrettably have to adapt a wait-and-see policy before investing hard cash. It is nice that I'll be able to keep the old launcher for the moment, but not looking forward to any change in that status.
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The only feedback I will offer is that you shouldn't force ANYONE to download the platform. Let them use the Launcher if they want. This should NEVER be mandatory.

I have STEAM for my gaming platform downloader... I don't need to get anything more than that.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm happy with Steam.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've got Steam. Then EA forced me to download Origin. Now I might have to download Arc?

Talk about an industry shooting themselves in the foot.
  • Options
    wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    for me? Really? Oh, You Didn't Have To... Especially Since I Don't Want It...

I Really Hope This Won't End Up Being Yet Another Useless Client That Runs In The Background In Addition To Running The Game, Resulting In More Computer Memory Usage...

And What About Steam Users? Will They Have To Use Steam Client To Run An Arc Client To Play The Game...? Oh God Forbids They Use Some Kind Of Raptr App On Top Of That As Well...

*sigh*

This. +1:(
    After reading the article a couple of questions come to mind why does it say in the article that it's for new players starting Thursday but, in the forums it's been stated that it is also for anyone who downloads the client after Thursday? and, for players who already play STO through Steam will they be forced to use Arc instead? As a long time player of this game, I will like to say that I do not like the idea of being forced at a later date or in cases where the client has to be downloaded after Thursday to use the Arc client. I even have a Steam account but I do not play STO in Steam; prefer to play STO in it's separate client which is fine for what I need and it is functional (most of the time). The new features of the Arc client just does not interest me at all and with other clients that have to be downloaded it's just one more client that takes up memory who many clients does one person need just to game on PC now? Please reconsider the mandatory use of the client and allow the Arc client to be optional for players who wish to use it. After reviewing this thread it appears that the player base is not too thrilled about this as well. I think the development of the STO Gateway was good enough as an alternative way to connect to STO through a web browser.

Just my thoughts on this matter,

Thank you.

Same here. I have a Steam account, for my Mac, ...but absolutely hate playing any game on the Steam client. Twice, steam had an error on there side that meant I could not play the game for +90 days, as I walked through all the issues with their tec department. I finally gave up, and simply downloaded Civ V through the Mac App store. Have never had an issue since. At the same time, I downloaded the STO launcher, so not to have to use Steam, and to avoid the extra client running in the background.

I would prefer that Arc is left as an option, for those who want to use it. I am a Star Trek fan, and thus why I play STO. I am not interested in any other Perfect world game, or even Cryptic for that matter. I realize this option makes it easier for those who desire to play more then one game from the same company, but for those of us who do not, it is simply a wast of memory.
  • Options
    marikaoniki1marikaoniki1 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Y'know, at first I didn't really mind Arc, but looking at the resource usage, I can do without whatever special promotions they're offering. I've already got Steam, and don't play any of PWE's games, besides trying out NW for a few minutes a while ago. I don't hate it, it's just unnecessary for me.
  • Options
    pardusian141pardusian141 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So let me get this straight, we are going to be getting this ARC launcher because the standard STO launcher isn't good enough for those of us who only want to play STO and could care less about the other pwe games as our HDDs are clogged up enough by STO patch data and our RAM and processors have to work hard to run STO? I mean, if the ARC launcher could decrease the STO loading time from two minutes (or however long it takes) down to ten seconds I wouldn't mind. But if ARC has to maintain itself in the background (even when closed) then I am totally against sacrificing 50-100MB of precious RAM space on my laptop when I need about 1.5GB to run WIN7 and an additional 1GB or so to run STO? I mean my GPU can handle STO at low graphics just fine so I don't need additional software to play one game.

I and many others on this forum feel that STO is the only PWE/Cryptic game we feel like playing and nothing could change that. I don't need an additional game like neverwinter taking up dataspace on my HDD when the STO files alone (tribble and holodeck) take up almost 30GB of space. I don't feel like an additional 10GB download for some random game that is asking me to pay with a credit card for ingame features. STO I like because I'm a trekkie and always have been. I just don't like being forced to install additional software to play games I like (particularly just to please corporate greed or when I didn't have to have it before).

anyways, better stop ranting. If I have to get ARC, I will most likely stop playing STO (or at least drastically reduce how long I play). I don't feel like getting a launcher to launch a launcher to launch our characters into the STO universe....
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PWE is working on this, not Cryptic. STO's Game Devs are at Cryptic, the same Devs that make the game and work on bug fixes.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Great. So Cryptic isn't even involved in helping PWE develop proper links to effectively launch STO. CO, or NW. You know in an interview DStahl intimated that A LOT of STO's QA issues were because a lot of Cryptic's in house QA had been effectively 'framed out' to PWE proper.
    ^^^
    Given this, the prospect of having to use ARC as the sole source of access to STO (and other Cryptic games) becomes an even more unappealing prospect. So, all told, the above statement doesn't give me much confidence in ARC - and if it turns out I'm forced top agree to install some sort of 3rd party ad engine or other malware; I'm gone from PWE/Cryptic games for good. (Star Citizen appears to be on a good development track atm.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The funny part that thing is advertised to try to use it which is the topic of this thread.

So I get response back when it purged by existing STO client when trying it out and I am told it is not ready and to go back to using the one it deleted/purged.

The Irony...
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    At least you people here in STO got some kind of warning.

CO? It was just turned on one day without warning, without notice, and without anyone being told at all.

At least the old launcher still works. The question is for how long.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mythriliusmythrilius Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't really say much here in these forums, but this particular matter brings me out to speak on it. Therefore, I will provide a follow-up to what steamwright posted, but with a little more.....flair.

Curiously, I went and looked at their PR page for it, and decided I'd get better laughs over at the 9Gag forums. :D

Here's why:

"Manage Your Worlds" - Hmm, I only play one, and it's much easier to manage with it's OWN launcher, but thanks for all the fish!

"Personal Notification (i.e. in-game event notification)" - Oh really? So the Fleet Event system in-game isn't reliable enough, or the calendar that's in-game, or the Accolades page in-game, the Logs page in-game, or even that new Gateway web browser thingy that Cryptic worked so hard on.....you see where this is going don't you?

"Access the Web" - So you're saying our ability to use the "Cmd+Tab" ("Alt+Tab" for those Windows users) is somehow "magically broken", and that somehow Firefox or Chrome are "inferior" to your "in-game browser"? Ha....double ha.

"Be in the Know" - That's what the STO News and Forums are for, so why does one think that I'm too lazy to perform a few extra mouse-clicks (total of 3 actually, click on the bookmark in my browser, then open a new tab, then click on the other bookmark).

"Stay Connected" - In-game friends/fleet list works just fine, the various VoIP servers that players use, and the various Fleet websites do just fine for us. However, adding PWE (not Cryptic) and/or @Exchange to my ignore list.....that's a feature we'd all like to see at this point.

"Take Charge" - The website isn't secure or reliable enough to properly handle our Zen transactions? Hmm...."maybe the NSA put a tap on the datalines" :cool:

But the biggest turn-off point for me was reading this little nugget:

System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, or 7, 512 MB RAM, 1 Ghz or faster processor, 1 GB HD space (recommended)

That right there is forced Bloatware, and even funnier, there's no real support for Mac/Linux users (yeah, yeah I know that WINEing and VMing it under a WinOS will, but it's still a point of principle).

If I wanted Bloatware forced down my system's throat, I'll just go download DriverUpdate or something that's more relevant to the need of feeding my system some useless junkware. So I'll defer to BlueGeek's more humble judgement in the matter, make it 100% OPTIONAL to use, and keep the current STO launcher up and operational.

I do apologize for the much needed sarcasm that this issue was so richly deserving of, and I thank you for your time.

- Myth
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is truly amazing. We're 14 pages in and not a single positive remark about ARC.

Bran, you're the community manager here. If you don't at least try to argue with PWE on our behalf regarding this, you don't really deserve that title. We have over a hundred and thirty posts to prove it.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh please don't tell me you are pushing Arc at STO players as well!

When I first heard of it, my only thought was, PWE is cloning Steam.

I've been discussing this with Champions Online players and Arc was not recieved well with them.
    And it will be equally as popular with STO players.

The first thing I noticed is that the CO site purposefully hid the actual client download in order to force a first time player to use Arc.
    It took some digging for another player to locate the old archive data.

And then we have the PandoMediaBooster issue, which was the one that was the cause of the most vehement hostility.

According to what they said, PMB is a constant torrent streamer which is inbuilt into Arc.
    Unless you force terminate it in background processes, it keeps streaming data, which can cap out your data limit or exceed it, resulting in excessive download fees from your ISP.

I even described it to a technical software expert who is not familiar with the Arc issues and after using a rude statement involving a swear word, they said it's garbage software, nobody with any sense allows it to be installed or used on their system.

And this is what they're pushing at us, a pointless piece of software to do the job that Steam already does.
    And one that installs Malware on top of that!

I've said it before and will say it again, this is just a stunt to make us more aware of PWE's other games.

For Cryptic customers, this adds nothing, since we play only STO, CO and Neverwinter.
    I doubt there is anyone out there who plays all of PWE's games and will install this program just to avoid seperate account logins.

I'd be okay with logging into each game seperately if it means I can avoid using Arc.

Besides, Steam is meeting my needs perfectly, I see no reason to give that up.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    (Star Citizen appears to be on a good development track atm.
    Unfortunately, the earliest we'll get anything is towards the end of 2014. :(
    tilarta wrote: »
    According to what they said, PMB is a constant torrent streamer which is inbuilt into Arc.

Wait, what? For real?! Oh gods, I WILL guarantee you this right now: The number of players complaining of lag and rubberbanding will go up exponentially within hours of release.

This is not hyperbole. This is not exaggeration. This isn't even an opinion. This is a fact, especially when dealing with an uncapped, unregulated, unsecured, and generally useless piece of sludge like Pando.
  • Options
    nikkipadennikkipaden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    For Cryptic customers, this adds nothing, since we play only STO, CO and Neverwinter.
    I doubt there is anyone out there who plays all of PWE's games and will install this program just to avoid seperate account logins.

I actually play several PWE games, but that isn't the point, lol.

*holds out $300*

I was planning on getting an LTS, but I think I'll give it to a game that doesn't force bloatware on me.

*hands money to other mmo*

^ That is exactly what needs to happen, if everyone stops subbing and stops buying zen, PWE will realize the mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    {UFP} Diplomatic Corps Foreign Officer, Romulan Imperial Guard Officer
  • Options
    zekeferrignozekeferrigno Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is truly amazing. We're 14 pages in and not a single positive remark about ARC.

Bran, you're the community manager here. If you don't at least try to argue with PWE on our behalf regarding this, you don't really deserve that title. We have over a hundred and thirty posts to prove it.

Amen. Listen to the people Brandon.
    Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it. - Bubba
  • Options
    kokushibyokokushibyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This thing comes with PMB? Well, that's a deal-breaker right there. I will never allow that piece of scumware on my system. I'm on a fairly low cap and can't afford some unwanted software hoovering up my data allowance.

DO NOT WANT.
  • Options
    karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry Arc...

I have Steam! I have Desura.

If necessary, I take the game directly, like neverwinter. But I want to avoid another portal game launcher If I can.

Steam have a lot of good tools and games to keep you using all time. Desura is a good indie channel to keep running. Origin is really bad, but at least EA have a good catalog to keep origin in a dusty folder.

But about Arc?

Is PW-only games. No unique, no special features. Is like an Ubisoft launcher. Notting great, notting good. Just "use to keep our investidors smiling!". Look a good idea in the paper, but worse in pratical terms.

Arc run well, but don't give anything special to the consumer.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The game industry really needs to get together and pick one portal to rule them all, I mean what's the point in all these different portals if companies are selling their games on the other ones anyway so just get together and pick one.

The game industry needs to crash already because things are getting rediculous
    .it's not just PWE it's everyone...and the bubble is going to burst.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    bhthephoenixbhthephoenix Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd like think I'm smart enough to figure out what other games Perfect World has without the need for a launcher or bloatware to help me out. I'm only interested in Star Trek Online. I tried Neverwinter but I didn't enjoy it. I just need something simple to start STO and I certainly don't need something fancy that is going to hog system resources.
  • Options
    rutgar151277rutgar151277 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think this is my third post in those forums, i'm not a great forum user but i had to post it....please leave that optional....i hate all things like this, i even hate steam sometime cause i'm forced to use it...

Now that i know that ARC come with Pando too, omg please don't do that.... i have STO (Lifetime user) and Neverwinter (All founders pack) launchers and i'm happy with those two....

Thx
  • Options
    atavism1atavism1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A unified launcher? Yes please. Here's what a launcher does: It makes sure the game is up to date, then it launches the game, THEN IT CLOSES. One client that does that, and nothing else for multiple games would be welcome.

All the rest of the garbage that this thing is pushing on us is nothing but pointless bloatware, and will most certainly NOT improve out experience.
  • Options
    captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So we need one more process running in the backround?
This discussion has been closed.