test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is the Scimitar more powerful and adaptable then the Galaxy X/Bortas

1234568»

Comments

• corvallecorvalle Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How unfortunately considering how ugly the Scimitar is. The game is looking less and less like Star Trek, and more and more like....whatever.

Well, I think the Scimitar is gorgeous. But so is the Galaxy X. However, i am going to use the ship that wins, and that is the Scimitar, hands down :P

The layout of the Scimitar is perfect. And there are 3 variants to choose from, very flexible.

BTW, the Scimitar is Trek. It was in the movie, that means that is a fact. :)
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    corvalle wrote: »
    Well, I think the Scimitar is gorgeous. But so is the Galaxy X. However, i am going to use the ship that wins, and that is the Scimitar, hands down :P

The layout of the Scimitar is perfect. And there are 3 variants to choose from, very flexible.

Please don't call Nemesis "the movie" - it was a twisted piece of junk passed off as a Star Trek film. The worst villain in all of Star Trek Lore, the second worst plot, and they killed data. We would all be better off if we could forget that piece of **** (junk obviously) and remove it from existence.

Absolutely shocking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    topset wrote: »
    Please don't call Nemesis "the movie" - it was a twisted piece of junk passed off as a Star Trek film. The worst villain in all of Star Trek Lore, the second worst plot, and they killed data. We would all be better off if we could forget that piece of **** (junk obviously) and remove it from existence.

Absolutely shocking.
    Continuity > fan dis-continuity

Just saying.
    edited July 2013
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Continuity > fan dis-continuity

Just saying.

I have no problem whatsoever with the Scimitar being in-game as a model, it is canon and personally I love the design, so as I said no problems with it being in game (Aside from the fact people are shoving 25-30k BFAW aux2batt spam builds in my face saying "look how amazing I am in ISE, I can hit everything on the map including regenerating gates and transformers and get stupid dps numbers because I'm so cool")

What I have a problem with is Star Trek: Nemesis being called.. "The (Star Trek) movie". It wasn't the Star Trek movie, it was "a Star Trek movie" or more accurately "The worst Star Trek movie" or "A polished TRIBBLE passed off as a Star Trek Movie"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have no problem whatsoever with the Scimitar being in-game as a model, it is canon and personally I love the design, so as I said no problems with it being in game (Aside from the fact people are shoving 25-30k BFAW aux2batt spam builds in my face saying "look how amazing I am in ISE, I can hit everything on the map including regenerating gates and transformers and get stupid dps numbers because I'm so cool")

What I have a problem with is Star Trek: Nemesis being called.. "The (Star Trek) movie". It wasn't the Star Trek movie, it was "a Star Trek movie" or more accurately "The worst Star Trek movie" or "A polished TRIBBLE passed off as a Star Trek Movie"

IMO fifth movie is far worse and the book of Nemesis was really good.
    edited July 2013
    IMO fifth movie is far worse and the book of Nemesis was really good.

ST:V was pretty terrible, you're right. I still don't think it was worse than Nemesis though.

Never read any of the books, so I'll have to take your word for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Sorry but the Prize for Worst Trek movie goes to The Motion Picture hands down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Sorry but the Prize for Worst Trek movie goes to The Motion Picture hands down.

I would rather watch 2 hours of dull boring cinematic shots of the Enterprise with no action or storyline, over the POS that was Nemesis. Motion Picture was boring for sure, but it wasn't a terrible film by any stretch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • defiantexedefiantexe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    orangeitis wrote: »
    True, it is not a flagship.

So let me get this straight. You're aware that the I.K.S. Bortasqu' was revealed as the KDF flagship... yet you will not accept the Vo'Quv as a dreadnought in its own right until STO meets your two conditions. Am I correct?

A faction can have more than one dreadnought type, you know.

Bring up that page again, Click the links... the links bring up which starship classes constitute as dreadnoughts for each race.

I dont think you understand what your talking about anymore.

1) WHAT is a Dreadnought?
    2) WHO is the "Factions" Dreadnought?

Those are two separate questions.
    Under that Link, its saying the Bortasqu' IS the Klingon Faction Dreadnought. My condition's are irrelevant. I'm going based on the official STO site.

Of Course, as I said earlier, Cryptic could very well Make a Designated Dreadnought as a Flag Ship, or release a designated flagship/dreadnought. Non the less, its changes nothing as to who is the CURRENT Klingon Dreadnought. Go Argue with Cryptic and tell them their wrong. Cause obviously your too prideful to admit your wrong, so it must be Cryptic. >_>
  • defiantexedefiantexe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hravik wrote: »
    The Bort is the flagship. Period. A flagship is just a designation that this ship is the command ship. There is no reason it can't be both. Actually given the nature of the KDF it makes sense the flagship is a dreadnought.

As I said earlier, the Bort is Currently listed by Cryptic as the Dreadnought for KDF. It currently is the most powerful vessel in the KDF arsenal, so its also the Flagship.

It will remain as such until KDF Gets a designated Flag ship (like Feds got Odyssey, and Roms got Ha'Apax)

Or It will remain as such until Klingon's get a New Dreadnought, designated as their Dreadnought. In which case, the Bortasqu' serves as the KDF Flagship, that is a dreadnought class.
    There is no reason one cannot have a Dreadnought as a flag Ship.

Thats why I said earlier, it depends on how you look at it. Its either the Flag ship thats a Dreadnought Class, or its a Dreadnought serving as a Flag ship. Either way, Its the Klingon's Dreadnought until an official release of Flag ship, or Official Release Dreadnought.

Like you just said, its Both. Go back and Read my older Post, I said its a possibility they amalgamated the two entities.

I just listed it as Dreadnought because the website lists it as the Klingon Dreadnought.

There is nothing really further to debate, because we will just go in circles.
  • skanvakskanvak Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just a question : Am I the only one to think that the Scimitar was a kind of Monster invented for the movie than was not designed to have another iteration. I guess too that it should not have been in player hand. It is a bit like in a medieval setting allowing player to have Elder Dragons as combat pets. I don't think such monstruosity as the scimitar (with an illegal weapon) belong to the player outside a scenario. I fell the same for the awfull Nero's ship.

To be clear, I have no plroblem NPC vilain flying a scimitar.

Am I wrong?
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    defiantexe wrote: »
    1) WHAT is a Dreadnought?
    In real life, a dreadnought is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreadnought

In Star Trek, a dreadnought is either(and just getting this out of the way) an actual starship class in the Abramsverse, or the various starship classes designated as such in-universe.
    2) WHO is the "Factions" Dreadnought?
    Which faction...?
    Those are two separate questions.
    Under that Link, its saying the Bortasqu' IS the Klingon Faction Dreadnought. My condition's are irrelevant. I'm going based on the official STO site.
    Yes, but the Vo'Quv is also referred to as a dreadnought in-game(just as official as the site), and it's of the KDF faction.
    Of Course, as I said earlier, Cryptic could very well Make a Designated Dreadnought as a Flag Ship, or release a designated flagship/dreadnought. Non the less, its changes nothing as to who is the CURRENT Klingon Dreadnought. Go Argue with Cryptic and tell them their wrong. Cause obviously your too prideful to admit your wrong, so it must be Cryptic. >_>
    Yeah see it's not a whole class that's a flagship, it's one individual ship within a class that is designated as the flagship. For the KDF, it's the I.K.S. Bortasqu', which happens to be of the Bortasqu' class, which is a class of dreadnought. Same with the U.S.S. Enterprise-F, which is an Odyssey-class dreadnought. The flagships are of playable dreadnoughts, but aren't playable themselves. When you're playing as a Bortasqu', you are not playing as the I.K.S. Bortasqu'.

My argument in no way conflicts with Cryptic. In fact, I am merely professing what Cryptic has already established.
    skanvak wrote: »
    Just a question : Am I the only one to think that the Scimitar was a kind of Monster invented for the movie than was not designed to have another iteration. I guess too that it should not have been in player hand. It is a bit like in a medieval setting allowing player to have Elder Dragons as combat pets. I don't think such monstruosity as the scimitar (with an illegal weapon) belong to the player outside a scenario. I fell the same for the awfull Nero's ship.

Am I wrong?
    I agree.
  • distantworldsdistantworlds Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As I said earlier, the Bort is Currently listed by Cryptic as the Dreadnought for KDF.
    There is no "the" dreadnought. It's "a" dreadnought. The NPC Voquvs flitting about KDF space are named "Vo'quv Dreadnought". You can have Voquv Dreadnoughts and Bortas Dreadnoughts and even Kar'fi Dreadnoughts, if you like. As many classes of Dreadnoughts as we like. It's not exclusive.

Am I wrong?
    I agree, though I had a better idea, which I really hoped Cryptic would have done:

The new Romulan dictatorship finds the original plans for the Scimitar, but they're both incomplete (early draft) and it'd be too expensive to build anyway (nevermind that the federation would go berserk if they started using thelaron). So they build three new classes of ship based on aspects of the Scimitar design.

1) A Dreadnought engineer type, most closely resembling the original Scimitar, but not absurdly overpowered. Very similar in features to the Orion flight-deck cruiser.

2) A Carrier science type. A full carrier, a bit slower, more sci, two full hangars, etc.

3) A smaller, faster, tactical type. A CVE along the lines of the Armitage.

Like all romulan ships, they'd be able to cloak, each would have it's own specialty. Perhaps something like the engineering one being able to shield while cloaked, the carrier being able to extend its cloak over its fighters, and the tactical would have a "super weapon", but since thelaron is out, it wouldn't be able to kill planets, but also wouldn't take as long to charge up. Something more like that phaser lance from the Gal-X.
  • fredscarranfredscarran Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    skanvak wrote: »

Am I wrong?

Agree, I do.
  • fredscarranfredscarran Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    corvalle wrote: »

So is Abrams "Trek", so is the Star Wars Christmas Special "Star Warsy", but that doesn't mean it should be in the game as the #1 ship everyone wants.

This is how it suppose to be:

Scimitar = Rare
    D'deridex = Common

See how you got it backwards there.