test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Mail **UPDATE: Items now back on Holodeck with the 7/11 patch**

Comments

• red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We're anxious to get this resolved ASAP, too. This update, from last Thursday, is the most recent update I have, though:

Please note the yellow text -- the team is working as fast as possible to get the items back to you. It's definitely a frustrating issue for our players so we appreciate your continued patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thank you for the update, Brandon, but I want to know what those of us who had attachments beyond the old limits are going to be facing with this. Do we need to start clearing out whatever mail survived? What happens when the re-sending hits the current limit? What do we do?

I am not enthused at the prospect of possibly ending up with a pile of junk while the stuff that's worth a significant amount ends up purged from the database outright because it exceeded the new limits. Hopefully you can understand why we would be dismayed by this, and that we would appreciate information regarding this aspect. If you can get us some information on this I am certain it would be helpful.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any new info or ETA?

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • gryspeertgryspeert Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any new info or ETA?

Rule of Acquisition 286 (Quark's rule) - When Mom leaves, it's all over ???
    My Imaginary Friend commited suicide
    Pick your superstition sit back make a wish and Enjoy yourself
    Ah, it's great to be young and insane!
  • jayjaxhdjayjaxhd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think im done with this game lost my 50mil of items! first the laggs then the login/char select bug now all the items are gone!

and all becaus you guys want the same thing like League of Legends,
    you know what. You guys just lost a player not 1 but 15 for sure.

http://ult-gaming.com/
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jayjaxhd wrote: »
    I think im done with this game lost my 50mil of items! first the laggs then the login/char select bug now all the items are gone!

and all becaus you guys want the same thing like League of Legends,
    you know what. You guys just lost a player not 1 but 15 for sure.

http://ult-gaming.com/

They have 'Top guys' working on the problem.

Top guys.

:D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited June 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    They have 'Top guys' working on the problem.

Top guys.

Well top guys or not its a lil bit to late for that.
    And good luck with the game.
    edited June 2013
    Well top guys or not its a lil bit to late for that.
    And good luck with the game.

And yeah the same thing like neverwinter 'is not on the same server'
    'is not on the same server'
    edited June 2013
    And yeah the same thing like neverwinter 'is not on the same server'
    'is not on the same server'

Just hang on awhile. It took over a year to fix the website, maybe they can fix the mail sooner as those guys are now experienced.
    ;)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited June 2013
    Just hang on awhile. It took over a year to fix the website, maybe they can fix the mail sooner as those guys are now experienced.
    ;)

well all the problems started @ season 6 so thats why i leave now and my team we thought the game would be better and better every season but it goes from better to worse.
    edited June 2013
    well all the problems started @ season 6 so thats why i leave now and my team we thought the game would be better and better every season but it goes from better to worse.

I hear ya, I used to enjoy grinding one or two currencies but after S6 made multiple currencies the norm again I've been losing interest, and every new season breaks more of the game that used to work. But I have friends who play, and I want to try to have fun with them even if the game makes it painful sometimes.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited June 2013
    I hear ya, I used to enjoy grinding one or two currencies but after S6 made multiple currencies the norm again I've been losing interest, and every new season breaks more of the game that used to work. But I have friends who play, and I want to try to have fun with them even if the game makes it painful sometimes.

guud luck with that with and cube with insta kill on yah hahaha.
    My main point is that i lost 50mill of items for our starbase and heard a few minutes ago that a friend of ours lost his 200/400M of items he had in his mail, he said im done with this game.

So sto thats alread 16 people.
  • vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    guud luck with that with and cube with insta kill on yah hahaha.
    My main point is that i lost 50mill of items for our starbase and heard a few minutes ago that a friend of ours lost his 200/400M of items he had in his mail, he said im done with this game.

Can I haz his stuff?
    So sto thats alread 16 people.

Hear that? It's the worlds smallest violin playing for all 16 of them.

Also maybe learn what quotation marks are, because appearently your friend said that you were done with the game. I think your so-called friend talking behind your back like that is pretty rude.
    edited June 2013
    vorga113 wrote: »
    Can I haz his stuff?

Also maybe learn what quotation marks are, because appearently your friend said that you were done with the game. I think your so-called friend talking behind your back like that is pretty rude.

Sheesh, lighten up Francis.

BTW, did you get my mails yet ?
    :P
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited June 2013
    Just read the patch notes for tomorrow: NO mail fix.
    :mad:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    flyingtarg wrote: »
    Hey guys, we have an update on this issue for you.

We're still conducting our investigation, but the mailed items that players are reporting are missing still exist in the database, and we will work to get them back in your mail as soon as possible.

This patch introduced an update of our player-to-player mail to a new mail system. As a part of this update, all player-to-player mail had to be transferred over to this system. For most players, this transfer worked as expected, and they should see no change in their mail.

However, for players with a very, very large amount of items in player-to-player mail, this migration failed due to unforeseen technicalities, causing the mail (But not the items in the mail, as they are stored separately from the mail) to be lost. Because the items still exist, we will be able to have them mailed to you, and we'll work to make sure that these items are returned to you as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause in the meantime.
    Talk about a perfect cloaking device.
    edited June 2013
    materwindu wrote: »
    Talk about a perfect cloaking device.

You mean cloak and dagger.

Why no update for us victims ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited June 2013
    Sheesh, lighten up Francis.

BTW, did you get my mails yet ?
    :P

Sent a support ticket in about that, said they were looking into it but they did confirm that all of your missing items would be coming to be so I'm all kinds good :cool:

BTW, who is Francis?
    edited June 2013
    Sent a support ticket in about that, said they were looking into it but they did confirm that all of your missing items would be coming to be so I'm all kinds good :cool:

BTW, who is Francis?

LLOLOLL, you LIE !

Support don't open their mail for at least 72 hours.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited June 2013
    LLOLOLL, you LIE !

Support don't open their mail for at least 72 hours.

If you don't believe me that's really your problem, but all your mail belongs to me :P
  • asteconnasteconn Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've also been struck with this issue. The earliest mail item I have is from 2013/05/24.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Can I haz his stuff?

naah we dont like giving stuff to greedy people like you go get a job.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just read the patch notes for tomorrow: NO mail fix.
    :mad:

It seems unlikely that this would be in a patch. Rather than try to make it so that the existing code can pull from the old mail database, it would make a lot more sense to just do a script that can grab mails from the old DB and stuff it in the new DB.

Speaking of which, can we get a rough ETA? As in "maybe this week", "probably not this week", "probably after the holidays"?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    flyingtarg wrote: »
    However, for players with a very, very large amount of items in player-to-player mail, this migration failed due to unforeseen technicalities, causing the mail (But not the items in the mail, as they are stored separately from the mail) to be lost. Because the items still exist, we will be able to have them mailed to you, and we'll work to make sure that these items are returned to you as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause in the meantime.

Just make unlimited mail space part of the LTS perks and I'll be fine. Really would like to have all my mail back. Lots of BOFFS I have stored there with the hard to find powers for when I want to retrain my current boffs. And not to mention all the doffs I have there for Fleet projects I can't contribute cause they're MIA in your servers somewhere. :mad:
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • matrix0matrix0 Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have the mail system officially been fixed? 'cause I don't think mine is. All the itmes I have in the mail are from lockboxes and some very rare items I'm saving up for new ship/setting. Unless, cryptic refund about couples hundred us$. they better fix the dam mail and return those items to me.
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm missing tons of mail (with attachments). I think a lot of my mail got pushed out of my mailbox because of the double (triple?) mails that I get from the exchange when a sale expires.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pls when u do fix the mail. dont put any of it back in my mail box i dont need 30,000 mail saying item sold.

thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    It seems unlikely that this would be in a patch. Rather than try to make it so that the existing code can pull from the old mail database, it would make a lot more sense to just do a script that can grab mails from the old DB and stuff it in the new DB.

Speaking of which, can we get a rough ETA? As in "maybe this week", "probably not this week", "probably after the holidays"?

Problem is the new DB is 96% smaller than the old DB. They went from 2500 attachments to 100 without telling any of us players. Even after they crippled, then completely broke the mail system all we got was 'oops, it was an accident, we're working on returning your stuff'. 3 weeks crippled, and 1 week completely broken and they still won't tell us they've been tinkering.

We're mushrooms (fed BS and kept in the dark), better get used to it.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• gethralkin1gethralkin1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    You internet people need to learn what trolling is. My pointing out that you're complaining about something that is your own fault is not trolling. I guess I need to put a sign on my bathroom sink saying that it is not a toilet otherwise people like you will pee in it.

It is not the designed function of the mail box unless that's what the designers designed it to do, which they did not.

Hey, Bran. Can we have this poster's comments removed from this thread since he is flaming and engaging in personal attacks? A mini-ban would be nice, too. Thank you.
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    still no fix for mail system even with 27th update? how long this going to go on for its been a month now?
  • gethralkin1gethralkin1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We're anxious to get this resolved ASAP, too. This update, from last Thursday, is the most recent update I have, though:

Please note the yellow text -- the team is working as fast as possible to get the items back to you. It's definitely a frustrating issue for our players so we appreciate your continued patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for keeping us up to date, Bran! Glad there is a solution in the works and the items are not lost to the void.
This discussion has been closed.