Install Arc
Options

STO Outage - 6/13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    teslacoils101teslacoils101 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    legetdumar wrote: »
    I'm starting to think if this game were a DOFF assignment, stubborn and resolve would be green qualities, emotional and logical would be reds.

:rolleyes:

This sir, is pure win.

Sad that it's come to this though isn't it ?
  • Options
    djwashudjwashu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Aw, here I was hoping to set my rep assignments and doffs going before bed...
  • Options
    dethkin9dethkin9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kedma wrote: »
    atleast now it says the server is down.. no now they know..

Took awhile...
  • Options
    dufus9889dufus9889 Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    skorpikus wrote: »
    i Have This Feeling All The Devs Are Holding The Mice Up To Their Mouths Trying To Fix The Problem By Talking To Them... "hello Computer..."

At This Point, I Really Think They Need To Admit They Need Help. You Would Think They Could Call In Scotty For A Quick Overhaul.:p

Lol!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wargill wrote: »
    I dunno if anyone reposted this but here you go...

Cryptic QA Hologram ‏@CrypticEQAH 11m

Holodeck's gonna have a short emergency downtime here. In the meantime, why not come over to Tribble and get a #hortafordoff ?

https://twitter.com/CrypticEQAH

playing on the test server is worthless during the "bonus mark weekend" :P

try again Dr. QA Hologram
  • Options
    daeryn17daeryn17 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mwilder wrote: »
    See this is what I was talking about, If PWE every hopes to increase their customer base things like this can't happen. they may have lost a potential gold member. Just sad!!!!:(

I've actually been wanting to play this for awhile given my massive love for Star Trek. I finally got a computer that I could play games on max settings so the first thing I did was get on the site to create an account and play this. Been playing Lord of the Rings Online for years and wanted to try something new. What better than the only other story/lore that matches my passion for LoTR. I've been psyched for weeks to get in. Funny thing is; all my friends, both from gaming and IRL, told me not to play this and I'd be hugely disappointed but I just shrugged it off.

Honestly, I'm okay with it just being bad timing. I mean, this is what happens in MMO's sometimes. It just sucks that I just chose today to finally start playing. And the more research I do, the more I'm seeing negative things. But, I just want to try for myself.

What I'm real annoyed about is that i have so many questions but am not allowed to post any topics to seek help from other players.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I miss whining about Atari running this thing.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So much for a "Perfect World"... :(
  • Options
    wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    robodik wrote: »
    It does get kinda lonely doing missions all the time and the PVE que is nice, but where do you folks hook up for those STF (Strike Force Missions)? They look interesting

Join a fleet.
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • Options
    isee1isee1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did you mean patience?

Did I? Did I? Are you sure?

Gosh im glad there are content and spell checkers out there to point out these things.
  • Options
    sarovensaroven Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Earlier today they had an issue with the patching and log in client and now I can't even log in. Unreal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    painkillerjaynepainkillerjayne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    im really begining to regret buying that lifetime subscription. can we say buyers remorse boys and girls? i knew you could.

I prefer the term "cognitive dissonance". It sounds so...hoity-toity :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Command Officers of the USS Wyvern (from left to right):
    Aurellia Eshkah (Tactical); Indigo Shae (Engineering); Nysiay Chysiayki (VA, Ship Captain)
    Jeclia Sek (Science); Vally Mantivour (Security)
  • Options
    dashuk2381dashuk2381 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    khazimir wrote: »
    They shut down CoH because the company that owned NCSoft was closing down the development studio. The Devs for CoH tried to gather the money to buy it themselves or try to find someone willing to buy the game so as to keep the game online. Sadly, they weren't able to accomplish either. NCSoft wasn't any happier about shutting down their pride and joy anymore than the players were.

Hell, there were even several players that would have been willing to setup a donation fund so that they could have bought the game themselves but never did. Sad to see such a good game go but at least I still have all the memories.

I don't have the link handy but there is a fan-funded project going on right now to create a similar game to COH, but I honestly don't think it will ever happen. I played the game since beta and always went back to it, until STO came out and caught my attention for a bit. I know the graphics were a bit dated, but to me no other MMO community will ever compare to COH/COV and it was an amazing game.
  • Options
    jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Even waiting there will be bugs in the patches. Bugs they didn't see until a member reports it like right now with the server being down. Things like this happen. Take a chill pill.

I'm chilled...it just gets annoying after a while when you add it to the fact that almost every day I try and play I get periods where I get bumped off every few minutes, and I even have two different pathways to the internet; the first is through the router in my house and the second uses my 4G Verizon Jetpack. I'm retired and I play this for fun and I've put a lot of money into it. There are stability issues that need to get fixed.
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • Options
    lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    55 minutes since the first report on the forums. No acknowledgement or response.

That is first class community management!
  • Options
    dmastersondmasterson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    khazimir wrote: »
    They weren't bad when they ran City of Heroes and City of Villains. Since then, though, they've literally gone down hill. Been having server issues all weekend after that last "server stability" patch last week.

People complain about CCP's track record on patches and bugs affecting their systems, but at least you can still play Eve. The last major hiccup was when they released their newest Launcher. They got if fixed within in a few hours AND compensated everyone too boot. Not many companies will compensate their playerbase for some screwup anymore. Never heard of Blizzard doing it, Cryptic nor NCSoft has ever done it. That is why CCP has so many loyal customers. All game development companies could learn a thing or two from them.

Which hill did they literally go down?
  • Options
    genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tom40s wrote: »
    Did the engineers try turning the server off and then on?

Bad idea. Under no circumstance should one just shut down a computer. It usually ends up causing more problems than it solves. And they seem to have had more than their share of problems recently. Don't add more problems...
  • Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited June 2013
    This sir, is pure win.

Sad that it's come to this though isn't it ?

Indeed it is....another great game in the wrong hands! :(
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • Options
    rhyobitrhyobit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think they run the servers on the piezo electric charge generated by tribbles.

Somebody forgot to feed the tribbles.

Remember people, a tribble's for life, not just for shore leave.
  • Options
    sereneiasereneia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And to think I have a pole waiting for me at the syndicate nightclub on Nimbus III ...*sigh* how's a girl meant to earn energy credits..I can barely get a tax rebate!

pffft
    ~Sereneia of Vets Fleet
  • Options
    kurgan2001kurgan2001 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here. It hung on a mission and then kicked me out. Won't let me back in now. Says 'connection to login server timed out'
  • Options
    shad0wfxshad0wfx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Could someone mind meld with the server please...

"This is our game time: B'tanay, the time of awakening. Return to that dark place from which all life springs. A primal energy charges your processors, an energy of reboot. The server awakens, and focuses on its task. Pagh'tem'far, B'tanay. Pagh'tem'far, B'tanay..."
  • Options
    darkomdarkom Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol 100 posts and still no official responds from them
  • Options
    derneaddernead Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    loe9 wrote: »
    I'm a lifer and having this issue, so it's not that.

Was beaming to my ship from DS9, and my character model disappeared but left me still on the station and able to run around.

Thought logging out and back in would solve it. Joke was on me now that I can't even get past the Retrieving Character List message.

Similar problem. Apparently our characters have had some transporter malfunction problems and cannot be retrieved. :P
  • Options
    alhoradannon13alhoradannon13 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Connection to the login server timed out.

I wonder what is going on. Is the server still up? My connection to the net has 0 issues, ran speed tests, ran the game in admin (as always) and nada. I did get on this morning, but nothing in the last 2 hours.
  • Options
    honihekehoniheke Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    IS there a way to see if the server is up before trying to log in?
  • Options
    ilreddwarfilreddwarf Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Between Google transactions unable to be confirmed by PW and the game servers they have their hands full. :-)
  • Options
    durnheimdurnheim Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is such a drag. My two buddies and I just sat down to play. First time all three of us have been all free at once for over a week. Of course, the server has to go down right then!

Rotten luck. Hope they fix it soon, or at least let us know how long this will last.
  • Options
    sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe the server was killed by Lemmy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV6noHEd6XE
  • Options
    ilarion11ilarion11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ok who tripped over the plug come on let plug it back in
This discussion has been closed.