test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Outage - 6/13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    we have seen these messages before friend have you been playing since the beginning this is old now and they should have this fixed we have said all these things and so have I and its started to get beyond a joke (this has been said before as well) then we will get the servers are back up message and then that's the end of it till the next down time that always comes sooner or later, but nothing seems to get fixed. all the old bugs that have been there since season 5 are still there and not fixed then they add more content and just make even more bugs. if they just fix all the current bugs first then add new content and fixed the bugs that popped up then it would be different but they just keep on leaving them.

He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no-one had a chance to interrupt; it was really quite hypnotic.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • caulkliquorcaulkliquor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe we should go watch some water polo while the server is down...
  • khazimirkhazimir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dmasterson wrote: »
    Which hill did they literally go down?
    \

The Hill of Competency.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    humm the server status on the sto website is now saying the server is down and we havent got an answer from the devs at all

You do realize the server datacenter is in Boston, MA and the Cryptic Devs are in California, right? My point? At this point it's up to the server engineers in Boston to find out what failed, fix it, and get the server hardware fixed and back up and running.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey um guys......in case you havnt noticed Star trek online the legacy of romulas has CRASHED and the server is down and we are going :eek: or:mad: and a few are :confused: so maybe can we kinda get an idea of whats going on AND an estimate of when it will be back up thank you soooooooo much
  • cindylawsoncindylawson Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daeryn17 wrote: »
    I've actually been wanting to play this for awhile given my massive love for Star Trek. I finally got a computer that I could play games on max settings so the first thing I did was get on the site to create an account and play this. Been playing Lord of the Rings Online for years and wanted to try something new. What better than the only other story/lore that matches my passion for LoTR. I've been psyched for weeks to get in. Funny thing is; all my friends, both from gaming and IRL, told me not to play this and I'd be hugely disappointed but I just shrugged it off.

Honestly, I'm okay with it just being bad timing. I mean, this is what happens in MMO's sometimes. It just sucks that I just chose today to finally start playing. And the more research I do, the more I'm seeing negative things. But, I just want to try for myself.

What I'm real annoyed about is that i have so many questions but am not allowed to post any topics to seek help from other players.

Don't pay attention to the forums. For some strange reason, these forums are a hotbed of people wanting to kvetch and yell about every tiny nitpick. Don't let my latest GP article linked in my signature turn you away, either. It's the last in a series lead up (though totally go there and read all my STO articles :P)

The game is fun. You'll have fun if you like Star Trek. I'm sorry about th ebad timing, that really sucks, man.
    http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.
  • twofast4twofast4 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    got on tribble after trying to get on holo and failed but got on tribble for a couple secs than tryed to change map and bam
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We are only at 33 pages? We should be at 100 by now? Quit acting like this happened last week, or the week before, or the week before that, etc.....
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I blame the borgs...
  • rageycage559rageycage559 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hai Gaiz, is this where to pull up a chair during this brownout?
  • squidjoesquidjoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    why is he in the netherlands ?

Well, if I were in the Netherlands I'd be getting high right now. And just think, we paid for his trip. (double entendre intended)
  • mdsmith1mdsmith1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm done putting money into this game until they put their big-boy pants on. DONE - I work and wait and when I get my chance to play, 50% of the time it's shard maintenance or just FAILS. No other business in the world could get away with this and still have people pumping money into it. Not mine, not anymore.
  • mystwraithmystwraith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    durnheim wrote: »
    This is such a drag. My two buddies and I just sat down to play. First time all three of us have been all free at once for over a week. Of course, the server has to go down right then!

Rotten luck. Hope they fix it soon, or at least let us know how long this will last.

So its all your fault :D
  • alhoradannon13alhoradannon13 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everything I have found says the server is up, but I too cannot get in. "Connection to the ;ogin server timed out". I have a limited window to be on, hurry up Cryptic..please,
  • whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i wonder how long this time
  • blackwind04xblackwind04x Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    probably hackers... don't worry the FBI will touch them and water board them
  • genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ukomega wrote: »
    AMEN to that. Read in an interview somewhere that the servers where NOT connected AT ALL! Funny how when Never winter started server dying, that STO came down with the same Server deaths... odd how that works. Though, it has gotten better.. (Could hardly have gotten worse! *crosses fingers, knocks on wood, buys four-leaf clover from Ebay* Not to Jinx it...)

I believe it was said that they are not run on the same server(s), but that they share networking equipment.
  • ukomegaukomega Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sereneia wrote: »
    And to think I have a pole waiting for me at the syndicate nightclub on Nimbus III ...*sigh* how's a girl meant to earn energy credits..I can barely get a tax rebate!

pffft

General : Sub-Commander! Take us to Nimbus III! At once.. I hear interesting things will await us there!

Sub-Commander : Can't Sir! Main Ships computer is down!

General : Down how can it.. wait *looks around* why are we floating through space.. without a ship!?!?

Sub-Commander : Couldn't load the ship either sir...

General : well that's just.. Hey.. Wait.. why am I vanishing!?!?

Sub-Commander : You timed out sir.. sir? By the Elements.. not again!!!
    Transaprent2.png
  • azrealdragonkingazrealdragonking Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shad0wfx wrote: »
    Could someone mind meld with the server please...

"This is our game time: B'tanay, the time of awakening. Return to that dark place from which all life springs. A primal energy charges your processors, an energy of reboot. The server awakens, and focuses on its task. Pagh'tem'far, B'tanay. Pagh'tem'far, B'tanay..."

Mind If I keep that quote for the next down time could be useful XD
    OdanLexACCESSDENIED.png
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • csbastiancsbastian Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well i do understand the logic.... its the ultimate SERVER STABILITY PATCH...... the off switch.... forward thinking guys!
  • starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Par for the course is 50 pages...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ...and...a whole hour passes without a word from Cryptic.
  • locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    still down. BRILLIANT CRYPTIC!!
  • vorlonangelvorlonangel Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sarcjester wrote: »
    Seems like FUBAR again.....bonus weekend that we won't be able to take advantage of

Hey, I was just about to spend $50.00 for the bonus ZEN when the server crashed. So much for that. Thanks guys, you just saved me $50.00!!! You really want to keep the server UP when you are having a sale. Just a thought!! LOL !!!!:D
  • kenshi6767kenshi6767 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    4 shots of rum....wasted.
    Ahh, Internet TRIBBLE to the rescue...lol
  • nightveil01nightveil01 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whoami2 wrote: »
    i wonder how long this time

Three hours, thirty-seven minutes.
  • twofast4twofast4 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    spent 100 dollors for zen this month and ant got to play hardly man this is pissen me off
  • cairellacairella Member Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    Ok so almost about an hour later and no word from anyone but someone had time to switch the server status to down? once again leaving the people who pay you.....the players out in the dark again...
  • paladinfury1978paladinfury1978 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lagunad wrote: »
    55 minutes since the first report on the forums. No acknowledgement or response.

That is first class community management!

Its funny but I live in Alberta,Canada and I have a tech friend that works at the Bioware Office here in Edmonton. Their blackberrys go off and wake them up if anything fails at their server site....
    Anybody feel like pitching in on a blackberry to donate :D
This discussion has been closed.