Comments

• ghostwalker0ghostwalker0 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same for me cant login. :(
  • sereneiasereneia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • chrisc85chrisc85 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You do realize the server datacenter is in Boston, MA and the Cryptic Devs are in California, right? My point? At this point it's up to the server engineers in Boston to find out what failed, fix it, and get the server hardware fixed and back up and running.

HAHAHAHAHA you're making a joke right?

If you are it's both funny and well timed. But I think we both know that they fix nothing, if they did, the test servers will give them the heads up they need, and after a patch, this shouldn't happen.

They'll simply just reset the servers like every other time this happens, and if a patch is scheduled to be applied within a few days, they apply it at the time of the crash, and unschedule the scheduled maintenance..

I honestly think it's a simple matter of server overload, they have too much volume for so little server kahunas, but I could be talking out my TRIBBLE.
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You do realize the server datacenter is in Boston, MA and the Cryptic Devs are in California, right? My point? At this point it's up to the server engineers in Boston to find out what failed, fix it, and get the server hardware fixed and back up and running.

I don't care where those servers are, even if they were standing on the moon. THEY ARE DOWN and need to get up again.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • torpenistorpenis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now you'll see a patch to fix the patch .......SNAFU
  • thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its funny but I live in Alberta,Canada and I have a tech friend that works at the Bioware Office here in Edmonton. Their blackberrys go off and wake them up if anything fails at their server site....
    Anybody feel like pitching in on a blackberry to donate :D

I can bake them a blackberry cobbler if you think it will help. :P
  • weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys, here's something you can listen to while we picture in our minds the Cryptic Studio rushing around like headless chickens trying to figure out why their hamsters aren't working. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxoUmh2FCX4
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool:
  • jahmusjahmus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • knuckles2967knuckles2967 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The complaints are not about instability associated with a new release. The complaints are about continuous down time. This has been a consistent pattern over the last five months. The biggest complaint of all is that everything seems to work fine when it's time to collect subscription fees or money for Z - Store items.
  • xavi3nxavi3n Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A small patch for stability that crashes the server...

fantastic!
  • lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its funny but I live in Alberta,Canada and I have a tech friend that works at the Bioware Office here in Edmonton. Their blackberrys go off and wake them up if anything fails at their server site....

Apples and oranges.

Bioware is a professional game producer.
  • lspravenlspraven Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The servers have finally turned to showing as down. I had the same problem, but I was on a foundry mission and I just warped to another planet, the map changed, but my ship never warped in, but it played the sounds.
  • kurgan2001kurgan2001 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Ohhhhhh .... they are getting that storm that hit Ohio pretty heavy. Maybe that's what's doing it?
  • kenshi6767kenshi6767 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We can't tell. We have not seen your TRIBBLE. =)
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dorakan wrote: »
    I wonder if they realize that we can't get in. The home page says the server is still up, maybe they think we're going to bed.
    Just now it's 'Server Down', and red, so they're aware of it at least.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • paladinfury1978paladinfury1978 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can bake them a blackberry cobbler if you think it will help. :P

It might.... it just might..... LoL
  • jahmusjahmus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • launaladylaunalady Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kenshi6767 wrote: »
    4 shots of rum....wasted.
    Ahh, Internet TRIBBLE to the rescue...lol

great ideal man .. I had forgot i was so mad .. yes yes yes time to relax
    Live long and prosper
  • backstabber9backstabber9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    YES...and OF COARSE they are going to PASS THE BUCK and try to say it's OUR fault, it's your system, it's your files, it's YOU not doing some thing right> QUIT PASSING THE FRIGGIN BUCK AND FIX THE FRIGGIN PROBLEMS....YOU HAVER THE CASH, GET IT DONE CRYPTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
  • darkomdarkom Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xavi3n wrote: »
    A small patch for stability that crashes the server...

fantastic!

lmaorotfl :D
  • azrealdragonkingazrealdragonking Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Please do you will be paying my salary lol
    OdanLexACCESSDENIED.png
  • sinc0sinc0 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And it is a good time to gauge the intellectual pool of the forums as well. From what i have seen (as with the PWE/Cryptic team efforts right now), still waters run deep... . `\.;).?
  • kenshi6767kenshi6767 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ahh, Ohio. The center of the Internet.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have some fresh blueberries, I can make them a blueberry cobbler.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    weirdoman1 wrote: »
    hey Guys, Here's Something You Can Listen To While We Picture In Our Minds The Cryptic Studio Rushing Around Like Headless Chickens Trying To Figure Out Why Their Hamsters Aren't Working. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxoumh2fcx4

Awesome...
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • brollydoggbrollydogg Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    :Dthe NSA shut the servers down there wasn't any body talking about there nonsense or using there phones so stop living your lives and don't play games go back to work for less money and why are you still here you go now you been here to long!!!:D
  • wolfieebryanwolfieebryan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm chilled...it just gets annoying after a while when you add it to the fact that almost every day I try and play I get periods where I get bumped off every few minutes, and I even have two different pathways to the internet; the first is through the router in my house and the second uses my 4G Verizon Jetpack. I'm retired and I play this for fun and I've put a lot of money into it. There are stability issues that need to get fixed.

There was a everyday this happened to everyone when LoR was launched with daily stability improvements which to my time on here I've not seen any changes with stability. As for your "bumped off every few minutes", I've not had that at all and running on 4mbps download speed.
  • howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not exactly sure what you are doing every time you do a server maintenance when the only patch notes are Server Stability but,... It doesn't appear to be working.

but they are working look at how much more stable the servers are now that no one is on
  • hosmericahosmerica Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    C'mon, devs...there are fireworks waiting at Nimbus III...I can make it rain energy credits for the right show. :P
  • mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't pay attention to the forums. For some strange reason, these forums are a hotbed of people wanting to kvetch and yell about every tiny nitpick. Don't let my latest GP article linked in my signature turn you away, either. It's the last in a series lead up (though totally go there and read all my STO articles :P)

The game is fun. You'll have fun if you like Star Trek. I'm sorry about th ebad timing, that really sucks, man.

I would agree with that most of the time we are only on here when the server is down.... the game is great or we wouldnt still be here complaining about it. all in all the game play is great and story line is decent. the fact that there is so much server problems is a downfall but it happens alot in many other mmo's. maybe a little more here but all in all the game is worth a play especially if you have a fall back game for server outages.
This discussion has been closed.