test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: These are the voyages... (a role-play thread. All welcome!)

Comments

• kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    OOC: Yeah, he's in his mid-thirties. And it'll be cool when Baroan reads it.

OOC: Definitly after the fight. Probably on their way to Andoria, or where ever they need to go.
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kuntel wrote: »
    OOC: Definitly after the fight. Probably on their way to Andoria, or where ever they need to go.

OOC: My Klingon is in-bound

*The I.K.S. Batlh, Fleet Mogh, drops out of warp*
    General Keshka: Hail the station!
    Ch'gren: Yes, sir!
    Keshka: Earth Space Dock, this is general Keshka of the I.K.S. Batlh. We will asisst you against the Ceph! Batlh out. Helm, move us into battle position.
    Sensors officer: Sir, Ceph fleet coming out of warp. Massive fleet. 10,000 ships, sir!
    Keshka: By the beard of kahless! Send a signal to Klingon High Command, tell them a massive Ceph fleet arrived! Tactical, full power to weapons. Tell the Starfleet and Romulan vessels to evacuate as many civilians and officers as they can. Tell Spacedock to power weapons array. Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

OOC: Here's what the ceph ship looks like: http://crysis.wikia.com/wiki/Ceph_Warrior
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    OOC: My Klingon is in-bound

*The I.K.S. Batlh, Fleet Mogh, drops out of warp*
    General Keshka: Hail the station!
    Ch'gren: Yes, sir!
    Keshka: Earth Space Dock, this is general Keshka of the I.K.S. Batlh. We will asisst you against the Ceph! Batlh out. Helm, move us into battle position.
    Sensors officer: Sir, Ceph fleet coming out of warp. Massive fleet. 10,000 ships, sir!
    Keshka: By the beard of kahless! Send a signal to Klingon High Command, tell them a massive Ceph fleet arrived! Tactical, full power to weapons. Tell the Starfleet and Romulan vessels to evacuate as many civilians and officers as they can. Tell Spacedock to power weapons array. Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

OOC: Here's what the ceph ship looks like: http://crysis.wikia.com/wiki/Ceph_Warrior
    OOC: This is turning into the Eblisi invasion from the rp thread! I like it.
    Baroan, with an English accent: Bloody 'Ell! Ahright, everyone back on the bus!
    Kran, Tran, time to evacuate. I'll try to help as much as I can, but I think we need to evacuate Earth itself...
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    *The U.S.S. Black Phantom, Sao Paulo class warship, drops out of warp in Sol*

Voporak: Got thrown to the Delta quadrant, beat up a Cube to get back after meeting some Spode-knows-what planet killing civilization, and deal with crazy mind-controlling space mosquitoes. How could this get any wor-

The hell?!

*The Phantom cloaks*

I'm going back to the other timeline!
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited May 2014
    OOC: This is turning into the Eblisi invasion from the rp thread! I like it.
    Baroan, with an English accent: Bloody 'Ell! Ahright, everyone back on the bus!
    Kran, Tran, time to evacuate. I'll try to help as much as I can, but I think we need to evacuate Earth itself...

Ceph Supreme Commander Tterex: Ignore the Earther, Klingon and Romulan vessels. As soon as we're within range, beam our troops in. Remember, I want that creature dead.
    Commander Ddredrex: Sir, that will be hard. Are we attempting to avoid Earther casualties?
    Tterex: That would be preferable. However, if they get in the way, kill them.
    Elite corps captain Drevrex: Sir, our commando unit is prepared. We will minimise Earther casualties.
    Tterex: Good. Remember, that that creature will be dead when you beam back.
    Comm officer Keret: Sir, should we hail the vessels?
    Tterex: Very well. Contact the Spacedock. Earther Spacedock, this is Supreme Commander Tterex of the Ceph Elite corps Military. We are attempting to kill the creature inside your starbase. After the battle, I will communicate with your Commanders. Tterex out. Helm, move us into transporter range.

ESD
    *40 Ceph marines beam in*
    Drevrex: You 5, distract it. The rest of you, lay down covering fire. I'm moving in.
    *Drevrex pulls out twin DC-88 pistols, and runs up to the Hunter. He throws a grenade down, blasting a hole in it's head, revealing a brain. he then throws another grenade down the brain. It explodes, killing the Hunter instantly.*

OOC: This is what they look like: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130419024711/rangersapprentice/images/a/af/Mandalorian_Warrior.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coblivionccoblivionc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ceph Supreme Commander Tterex: Ignore the Earther, Klingon and Romulan vessels. As soon as we're within range, beam our troops in. Remember, I want that creature dead.
    Commander Ddredrex: Sir, that will be hard. Are we attempting to avoid Earther casualties?
    Tterex: That would be preferable. However, if they get in the way, kill them.
    Elite corps captain Drevrex: Sir, our commando unit is prepared. We will minimise Earther casualties.
    Tterex: Good. Remember, that that creature will be dead when you beam back.
    Comm officer Keret: Sir, should we hail the vessels?
    Tterex: Very well. Contact the Spacedock. Earther Spacedock, this is Supreme Commander Tterex of the Ceph Elite corps Military. We are attempting to kill the creature inside your starbase. After the battle, I will communicate with your Commanders. Tterex out. Helm, move us into transporter range.

ESD
    *40 Ceph marines beam in*
    Drevrex: You 5, distract it. The rest of you, lay down covering fire. I'm moving in.
    *Drevrex pulls out twin DC-88 pistols, and runs up to the Hunter. He throws a grenade down, blasting a hole in it's head, revealing a brain. he then throws another grenade down the brain. It explodes, killing the Hunter instantly.*

OOC: This is what they look like: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130419024711/rangersapprentice/images/a/af/Mandalorian_Warrior.jpg

OOC: Sorry for not posting in so long. Busy weekend.

Kran to one of the Ceph: Not to sound ungrateful, but who exactly are you and how did you get so far into Federation space without anyone noticing?
    Only one thing is certain -- that is, nothing is certain. If this statement is true, it is also false. -Ancient Paradox
    edited May 2014
    coblivionc wrote: »
    OOC: Sorry for not posting in so long. Busy weekend.

Kran to one of the Ceph: Not to sound ungrateful, but who exactly are you and how did you get so far into Federation space without anyone noticing?
    Baroan, incredulous: And how do you people kill those things so quickly? The one I fought took at least a good day, and that was with three ships bombarding it and an entire platoon of Marines!
    edited May 2014
    Baroan, incredulous: And how do you people kill those things so quickly? The one I fought took at least a good day, and that was with three ships bombarding it and an entire platoon of Marines!

Drevrex: we know what their weaknesses are. Also, Federation sensors are relatively primitive. Besides, when a singularity opens above Earth, Starfleet has no time to react. Realistically, if the Empire was interested in invading Earth, or the Federation, the war would be over extremely quickly. The fleet here is just 10,000 ships, but we have Trillions of ships, and we can place them almost everywhere. Starfleet, at the best of times, can barely muster 900 ships. Anyway, I hope our Empires, at some stage, become allies, not enemies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    Drevrex: we know what their weaknesses are. Also, Federation sensors are relatively primitive. Besides, when a singularity opens above Earth, Starfleet has no time to react. Realistically, if the Empire was interested in invading Earth, or the Federation, the war would be over extremely quickly. The fleet here is just 10,000 ships, but we have Trillions of ships, and we can place them almost everywhere. Starfleet, at the best of times, can barely muster 900 ships. Anyway, I hope our Empires, at some stage, become allies, not enemies.

Kran: I was not suggesting we become enemies. I was simply curious as to how you pulled it off. I-

*Kran's combadge chirps. He taps it.*

Kran: Go ahead.

Ellen: Sir, we have new orders from the TSA. They wouldn't even let me read them. Sir, they said that you were required to immediately respond.

*Kran frowned. He looked more concerned than Baroan or Tran had ever seen him.*

Kran: It looks like I have to go. Goodbye for now. Kran to Umbra. Beam me directly to my readyroom.

*Ellen McClain, U.S.S. Umbra's Bridge.*

Ellen: He's been in there for a while. I wonder wh-

*Kran exits his readeyroom and takes his seat on the bridge. His face is grave. Ellen noticed that he was wearing full Admiral pips now.*

Kran: Well, I have been promoted to a full Admiral. Unfortunately we do not have time for a proper ceremony. We have to...

*His voice trails off.*

Kran: Helm. Set a course for the Solanae Space Gate. Transwarp twenty!

*As the Umbra went to warp Ellen turned to Kran wondering why they needed to get there so fast.*
    Only one thing is certain -- that is, nothing is certain. If this statement is true, it is also false. -Ancient Paradox
    edited May 2014
    Kran: I was not suggesting we become enemies. I was simply curious as to how you pulled it off. I-

*Kran's combadge chirps. He taps it.*

Kran: Go ahead.

Ellen: Sir, we have new orders from the TSA. They wouldn't even let me read them. Sir, they said that you were required to immediately respond.

*Kran frowned. He looked more concerned than Baroan or Tran had ever seen him.*

Kran: It looks like I have to go. Goodbye for now. Kran to Umbra. Beam me directly to my readyroom.

*Ellen McClain, U.S.S. Umbra's Bridge.*

Ellen: He's been in there for a while. I wonder wh-

*Kran exits his readeyroom and takes his seat on the bridge. His face is grave. Ellen noticed that he was wearing full Admiral pips now.*

Kran: Well, I have been promoted to a full Admiral. Unfortunately we do not have time for a proper ceremony. We have to...

*His voice trails off.*

Kran: Helm. Set a course for the Solanae Space Gate. Transwarp twenty!

*As the Umbra went to warp Ellen turned to Kran wondering why they needed to get there so fast.*
    Baroan: Well, okay...
    *He looks at Tran and Drevrex*
    Baroan: Well, thank you for helping, gentleman. On my behalf and my friend's, I extend gratitude.
    *Nods to Oliah, and she and the Marines beam up*
    Baroan: Llaet'rrh daehlens. Uh, how do you say, live long and prosper?
    *He shakes his head and beams up*
    T'eal: Sir, you have two messages for you. Private and urgent, they said.
    Baroan: Thank T'eal. Oliah, you have the hwaveyiir.
    *He walks to his ready room, sitting at his desk and opening his messages. The first is the one from Kererek, explaining T'Vox*
    Baroan, while reading: He was at the Founding? Hmm, that might have been Intelligence's fault after all...
    *He immediately deletes the message and starts on the second one, from D'Tan*
    = Message Top Secret. Level 9 Access only=
    Baroan,
    This is D'Tan, obviously. I am writting you to inform you of the investigation of Intelligence. Sadly, it turns out that Intelligence had been infiltrated. Not very far, but far enough to affect the Head. We investigated all personell, finding several Tal'Shiar agents. We have since irradicated said agents, but one of them had abducted the Head and was in the process of indoctrinating him. We couldn't save him. The other purpose of this message is to promote you to Admiral and offer you the position of Head. We will insure that no one knows that you are. We have a second-in-command for you, Admiral T'Vox. He will be given the Head position if you decline, but he does need recognition for his actions, so you can't reassign him. Send me your reply. You can pick up your Admiralty uniform at port. Also, if you feel the need for a mission, I hear that something is going down at Solanae...
    Praetor D'Tan
    =Message End. Message Delete In Progress. Message Delete Finished=
    *As the message deletes itself, Baroan sits back.*
    Baroan: Well, that was... unexpected...
    *He leans foward and pushes the communicator*
    Baroan: Computer, contact D'Tan.
    Computer: Contacting Praetor. Contact established.
    D'Tan: So, Enriov, what is your response?
    Baroan: I don't know D'Tan. This is sudden. Would I be able to tell my crew?
    D'Tan: Only the ones you trust completely.
    Baroan: Alright. How would my orders change?
    D'Tan: Other than the typical Admiral orders and you having the occasional update and orders needing to be given to Intelligence, nothing different really...
    Baroan: Would I be able to order T'Vox around?
    D'Tan: Technically, you would be his superior, but he is supposed to look like he is really the Head, so other then relaying your orders, no.
    Baroan:Okay, a downside... But it sounds tempting...
    D'Tan: I need an answer now...
    Baroan: Ra! I'll do it!
    D'Tan:Good. Welcome to Intelligence, Admiral.
    Baroan: Now, about Solanae?
    D'Tan: All I know is that your friend Kran was called their rather recently. By the TSA...
    Baroan: Really? I'll check it out then.
    D'Tan: Good. D'Tan out.
    *As the connection breaks, Baroan walks to the bridge*
    Baroan: T'eal, plot course to Solanae. Maximum speed.
    T'eal: Course laid sir.
    Baroan: Hna'h!
    *The R.R.W. Saith speeds along to Solanae.*
    edited May 2014
    Baroan: Well, okay...
    *He looks at Tran and Drevrex*
    Baroan: Well, thank you for helping, gentleman. On my behalf and my friend's, I extend gratitude.
    *Nods to Oliah, and she and the Marines beam up*
    Baroan: Llaet'rrh daehlens. Uh, how do you say, live long and prosper?
    *He shakes his head and beams up*
    T'eal: Sir, you have two messages for you. Private and urgent, they said.
    Baroan: Thank T'eal. Oliah, you have the hwaveyiir.
    *He walks to his ready room, sitting at his desk and opening his messages. The first is the one from Kererek, explaining T'Vox*
    Baroan, while reading: He was at the Founding? Hmm, that might have been Intelligence's fault after all...
    *He immediately deletes the message and starts on the second one, from D'Tan*
    = Message Top Secret. Level 9 Access only=
    Baroan,
    This is D'Tan, obviously. I am writting you to inform you of the investigation of Intelligence. Sadly, it turns out that Intelligence had been infiltrated. Not very far, but far enough to affect the Head. We investigated all personell, finding several Tal'Shiar agents. We have since irradicated said agents, but one of them had abducted the Head and was in the process of indoctrinating him. We couldn't save him. The other purpose of this message is to promote you to Admiral and offer you the position of Head. We will insure that no one knows that you are. We have a second-in-command for you, Admiral T'Vox. He will be given the Head position if you decline, but he does need recognition for his actions, so you can't reassign him. Send me your reply. You can pick up your Admiralty uniform at port. Also, if you feel the need for a mission, I hear that something is going down at Solanae...
    Praetor D'Tan
    =Message End. Message Delete In Progress. Message Delete Finished=
    *As the message deletes itself, Baroan sits back.*
    Baroan: Well, that was... unexpected...
    *He leans foward and pushes the communicator*
    Baroan: Computer, contact D'Tan.
    Computer: Contacting Praetor. Contact established.
    D'Tan: So, Enriov, what is your response?
    Baroan: I don't know D'Tan. This is sudden. Would I be able to tell my crew?
    D'Tan: Only the ones you trust completely.
    Baroan: Alright. How would my orders change?
    D'Tan: Other than the typical Admiral orders and you having the occasional update and orders needing to be given to Intelligence, nothing different really...
    Baroan: Would I be able to order T'Vox around?
    D'Tan: Technically, you would be his superior, but he is supposed to look like he is really the Head, so other then relaying your orders, no.
    Baroan:Okay, a downside... But it sounds tempting...
    D'Tan: I need an answer now...
    Baroan: Ra! I'll do it!
    D'Tan:Good. Welcome to Intelligence, Admiral.
    Baroan: Now, about Solanae?
    D'Tan: All I know is that your friend Kran was called their rather recently. By the TSA...
    Baroan: Really? I'll check it out then.
    D'Tan: Good. D'Tan out.
    *As the connection breaks, Baroan walks to the bridge*
    Baroan: T'eal, plot course to Solanae. Maximum speed.
    T'eal: Course laid sir.
    Baroan: Hna'h!
    *The R.R.W. Saith speeds along to Solanae.*

*Behind the Saith, 2 Ceph warships follow them*
    Drevrex: pursue them. Engage warp 20.
    Helm: yes sir, warp 20 activated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    *Behind the Saith, 2 Ceph warships follow them*
    Drevrex: pursue them. Engage warp 20.
    Helm: yes sir, warp 20 activated.

*Ellen looks down at her console and brings up the long range scanners. She is surprised to see the group gathering behind them.*

Ellen: Sir, the Saith and two of the Ceph warships are following us. The Ceph are actually matching our speed!

*Kran rubs his temples.*

Kran: Keep an eye on them. We don't want them to be drawn into this if it can be avoided.

*The Umbra arrives at the space gate and flies through. When she emerges on the other side she immediately sets a course for the Jenolan gate. The Umbra flies through this gate too. When she exits the gate there is a Wells class vessel waiting for her. The Umbra is hailed on a heavily encrypted channel.*

Tort: We are being hailed.

Kran: Patch it through to my readyroom. Ellie, you have the bridge.

*Kran gets up and goes to his readyroom. Ellen takes her seat in the captain's chair.*

Ellen thinking to herself: This is not like him. What could be happening that would require him to be so quiet?
    edited May 2014
    *Ellen looks down at her console and brings up the long range scanners. She is surprised to see the group gathering behind them.*

Ellen: Sir, the Saith and two of the Ceph warships are following us. The Ceph are actually matching our speed!

*Kran rubs his temples.*

Kran: Keep an eye on them. We don't want them to be drawn into this if it can be avoided.

*The Umbra arrives at the space gate and flies through. When she emerges on the other side she immediately sets a course for the Jenolan gate. The Umbra flies through this gate too. When she exits the gate there is a Wells class vessel waiting for her. The Umbra is hailed on a heavily encrypted channel.*

Tort: We are being hailed.

Kran: Patch it through to my readyroom. Ellie, you have the bridge.

*Kran gets up and goes to his readyroom. Ellen takes her seat in the captain's chair.*

Ellen thinking to herself: This is not like him. What could be happening that would require him to be so quiet?
    *As the Saith comes out of warp, Salia starts scans*
    Salia: Sir, there is residual energy coming from the gate.
    Baroan: Then Kran definitly went through there. Hmm, this isn't like Kran. When he picked us up, he shou-
    Salia: Sir! Ceph warships on sensors! ETA 10 seconds!
    Baroan: Battle stations! Power up weapons!
    edited May 2014
    *As the Saith comes out of warp, Salia starts scans*
    Salia: Sir, there is residual energy coming from the gate.
    Baroan: Then Kran definitly went through there. Hmm, this isn't like Kran. When he picked us up, he shou-
    Salia: Sir! Ceph warships on sensors! ETA 10 seconds
    Baroan: Battle stations! Power up weapons!

Drevrex: why the drama, admiral? Helm, change course to New Romulus, engage transwarp.

New Romulus
    Drevrex: helm, bring us about just above the main city. Beam me down near D'tan.

NR Command Center
    *Drevrex beams down next to Kererek and D'tan. He shoots the two guards*
    Drevrex: well, well, well, look who it is?
    Kererek: you can't do thi- *he is cut off as Drevrex burns a hole through him*
    Drevrex: computer, activate camera. Put it all over the quadrant. Greetings, quadrant. I am Supreme Commander Drevrex, of the Ceph military. I am here at New Romulus command, to show you something. *He grabs D'tan and grips the top of his head. He throws him against the wall. Drevrex grabs his pistol and shoots D'tan straight through the head.*
    Drevrex, into combadge: begin the bonbardment of New Romulus. Anyway, as I was saying, the Ceph Empire is going to war. The Breen, Tholians and Cardassians are neautral, the Undine and Iconians are allked with us, and the Klingons, whats left of the Romulans, and the Tedra (offensive term for Federation in the Ceph language) are against us. Camera, deactivate. Desatra, beam me up
    *Drevrex beams up just as an explosion destroys the Command Center. The ships leave orbit, NR nothing but full of smoky and fiery craters.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    Drevrex: why the drama, admiral? Helm, change course to New Romulus, engage transwarp.

New Romulus
    Drevrex: helm, bring us about just above the main city. Beam me down near D'tan.

NR Command Center
    *Drevrex beams down next to Kererek and D'tan. He shoots the two guards*
    Drevrex: well, well, well, look who it is?
    Kererek: you can't do thi- *he is cut off as Drevrex burns a hole through him*
    Drevrex: computer, activate camera. Put it all over the quadrant. Greetings, quadrant. I am Supreme Commander Drevrex, of the Ceph military. I am here at New Romulus command, to show you something. *He grabs D'tan and grips the top of his head. He throws him against the wall. Drevrex grabs his pistol and shoots D'tan straight through the head.*
    Drevrex, into combadge: begin the bonbardment of New Romulus. Anyway, as I was saying, the Ceph Empire is going to war. The Breen, Tholians and Cardassians are neautral, the Undine and Iconians are allked with us, and the Klingons, whats left of the Romulans, and the Tedra (offensive term for Federation in the Ceph language) are against us. Camera, deactivate. Desatra, beam me up
    *Drevrex beams up just as an explosion destroys the Command Center. The ships leave orbit, NR nothing but full of smoky and fiery craters.*
    OOC: Really? I'd almost call god mode, but I want to see what coblivionc thinks about it.
    edited May 2014
    OOC: Really? I'd almost call god mode, but I want to see what coblivionc thinks about it.

OOC: Don't worry, I'll give the Ceph a devestating weakness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    OOC: Don't worry, I'll give the Ceph a devestating weakness

OOC: I have a few problems with this. First and most important is that you killed D'Tan. He is a major player and is extremely important to Kuntel's story. You also killed him way too easily. You brought a new player into the game which in its self is not bad but you made them nearly invincible. Next I have a problem with the allies you gave them. The Undine hate anyone from normal space and the Iconians. The Iconians just plain out don't ally with anyone. They manipulate other races to do there bidding. It also seems that when ever one of us tries to take the lead in part of the story you create some event that forces us to drop whatever we were doing. We would like to create our own contributions to the plot too. In fact, Kuntel is the only one that hasn't gotten the chance to make the plot go in any major direction. I realize this may come off as a bit harsh. I mean this in the most respectful way possible. We are all suppose to work on this story together. I just feel that you may be taking too much of a lead here. This is of course only my opinion. I would like to know what you both think and weather I am overstepping my bounds here. All this being said, I do have a way in mind to fix the issue. If we continue with what Jmaster posted, then this is what I would have happen next.

*Kran exits his readyroom and takes his seat. A few seconds later D'Tan beams onto the bridge.*

Kran: Welcome aboard Praetor.

D'Tan: I suppose that is your secondary objective complete then?

Kran: Yes sir. It appears you were rightly suspicious of the Ceph. They just killed your impersonator.

D'Tan: Killed him? "Sigh" This is exactly why I did NOT want to do this...

Kran: D'Tan, weather you choose to accept it or not, you are to important to the Republic for you to be killed now. Your death would have probably caused the Republic to collapse.

D'Tan: But was it worth another man dying in my place?

Kran: He knew the risks when he singed up for the job... I'm sorry D'Tan but, I still have my primary objective to complete. Shron, would you show D'Tan how to get to his quarters?

*Shron and D'Tan leave without a word. D'Tan however, does not look very happy.*
    edited May 2014
    OOC: Attack Pattern... uh... Theta? Suicide? uh...

Oh right! Attack Pattern Mediation!

Okey dokey. I grazed, gazed, and [my eyes] glazed over the thread. Before this goes anywhere explosive, let me try to diffuse it and offer some suggestions.

First off, no one should kill a major character without consulting the other participants. In general, you should ask everyone before doing anything major, really. Also you should never take control of/attack without giving the chance to fight back/turn into a squid someone else's character. But asking never hurts! :)

And then on another note, just something that made me cringe and I must add. I looked at some post, dunno whose, and saw "...trillions of ships" and wasn't sure whether to laugh or puke. That's, that's... that's gone past the overpowered and transcended to some twilight zone of ridiculousness beyond. Now I know everyone wants their characters/factions to be powerful - and almost always more powerful than the guy next to you. But then you start 1-upping, and the next guy then 2-ups you, so you 5-up him, he 47-ups you, and you eventually get "roleplay power creep" to the extreme bottom of the deep end.

And of course, they have to fight each other or else the 1-upping is useless, so you go to war.
    And war. And war.

War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. And eventually it's always just fighting, random conflict against the enemy of the week.

Over in the other rp thread, the rp power creep and war-of-the-month has gotten so out of hand I literally gave up on it.

I just don't want this thread to go down that road. I tried dropping by here, with my ship stopping by Sol. But I saw that the cycle was already starting. So, I said "What the hell is this?" and flew off.

/rant

#PleaseIBegYouTakeThisAdviceSeriously
    edited May 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    OOC: Attack Pattern... uh... Theta? Suicide? uh...

Oh right! Attack Pattern Mediation!

Okey dokey. I grazed, gazed, and [my eyes] glazed over the thread. Before this goes anywhere explosive, let me try to diffuse it and offer some suggestions.

First off, no one should kill a major character without consulting the other participants. In general, you should ask everyone before doing anything major, really. Also you should never take control of/attack without giving the chance to fight back/turn into a squid someone else's character. But asking never hurts! :)

And then on another note, just something that made me cringe and I must add. I looked at some post, dunno whose, and saw "...trillions of ships" and wasn't sure whether to laugh or puke. That's, that's... that's gone past the overpowered and transcended to some twilight zone of ridiculousness beyond. Now I know everyone wants their characters/factions to be powerful - and almost always more powerful than the guy next to you. But then you start 1-upping, and the next guy then 2-ups you, so you 5-up him, he 47-ups you, and you eventually get "roleplay power creep" to the extreme bottom of the deep end.

And of course, they have to fight each other or else the 1-upping is useless, so you go to war.
    And war. And war.

War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. War. And eventually it's always just fighting, random conflict against the enemy of the week.

Over in the other rp thread, the rp power creep and war-of-the-month has gotten so out of hand I literally gave up on it.

I just don't want this thread to go down that road. I tried dropping by here, with my ship stopping by Sol. But I saw that the cycle was already starting. So, I said "What the hell is this?" and flew off.

/rant

#PleaseIBegYouTakeThisAdviceSeriously

OOC: Hmm... You are right. I never really saw it that way. Oh, and please do come back! It would be good to have some of the old players back in. As to the issue at hand, I did not mean to insult or anger anyone. I was just hoping that someone other than Jmaster or I could take the lead. To be honest, I have no idea what Kran is doing yet. I don't want this to become a constant fight between new enemies every week. Do you have any suggestions on how to prevent this?
    edited May 2014
    OOC: Hmm... You are right. I never really saw it that way. Oh, and please do come back! It would be good to have some of the old players back in. As to the issue at hand, I did not mean to insult or anger anyone. I was just hoping that someone other than Jmaster or I could take the lead. To be honest, I have no idea what Kran is doing yet. I don't want this to become a constant fight between new enemies every week. Do you have any suggestions on how to prevent this?

OOC: Well... *looks at Earth* I'd say prevention is a tad out of the question. To keep it from getting further, make peace, right now. Once the conflicts are out of the way, you remove the silly factions (stupidly overpowered through technology/god powers/laughable amounts of ships) from the picture, then do something peaceful. Like exploration and perhaps finding something hostile. Threats or bad guys don't need to go away altogether, just the out of hand war and power inflation.

Or I can whip up a temporal anomaly and reverse the timeline to a previous state (aka hard resetting the thread to an earlier state), but that's only an option if everyone wants it.
    edited May 2014
    OOC: Well... *looks at Earth* I'd say prevention is a tad out of the question. To keep it from getting further, make peace, right now. Once the conflicts are out of the way, you remove the silly factions (stupidly overpowered through technology/god powers/laughable amounts of ships) from the picture, then do something peaceful. Like exploration and perhaps finding something hostile. Threats or bad guys don't need to go away altogether, just the out of hand war and power inflation.

Or I can whip up a temporal anomaly and reverse the timeline to a previous state (aka hard resetting the thread to an earlier state), but that's only an option if everyone wants it.

Bajoran Wormhole
    Prophet: the war is not meant to happen. The Ceph are not from our universe. They shall return.
    *A great flash of light removes every single Ceph ship, and mostly repairs NR.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014

OOC: Hmm, I was somewhat planning a conflict with the Tal'Shiar, to take them out of the picture for good. Buut, I did just make Baroan Director of Republic Intelligence. Perhaps an espionage story, with Baroan pulling the strings instead of on the front line... A new character for the main agent/assassin that will kill the Empress maybe in order...
    edited May 2014
    OOC: Hmm, I was somewhat planning a conflict with the Tal'Shiar, to take them out of the picture for good. Buut, I did just make Baroan Director of Republic Intelligence. Perhaps an espionage story, with Baroan pulling the strings instead of on the front line... A new character for the main agent/assassin that will kill the Empress maybe in order...

OOC: then we should have T'vox going off and tsarting, say, the Republic Internal and External Security Agency, or something, and that organisation and Intelligence are rivals with each other, or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    OOC: then we should have T'vox going off and tsarting, say, the Republic Internal and External Security Agency, or something, and that organisation and Intelligence are rivals with each other, or something.
    OOC: Hmm, like the CIA and the NSA, kinda?
    edited May 2014
    OOC: Hmm, like the CIA and the NSA, kinda?

OOC: That was a pretty good solution. I'm going to assume D'Tan was returned to New Romulus by the Prophets.

Tort: Sir! D'Tan is not on the ship!

*Tort frowns.*

Tort: The Ceph have just... disappeared. We are also getting reports that New Romulus is almost completely repaired.

Kran: Don't worry. I have seen the work of the Prophets before. This is defiantly their doing. We still have a mission to complete!

*The Umbra flies with the Wells class vessel to the hole torn in the sphere by the Undine superweapon. They both come to a halt when they come upon a Defiant class vessel. The Umbra hails the ship.*

Kran: Voporak, this is Admiral Kran Su of the Temporal Security Agency. It is imperative that I speak to you immediately.

OOC: I'm taking some liberties here since we have no idea were your ship is. I hope you don't mind.
    edited May 2014
    OOC: That was a pretty good solution. I'm going to assume D'Tan was returned to New Romulus by the Prophets.

Tort: Sir! D'Tan is not on the ship!

*Tort frowns.*

Tort: The Ceph have just... disappeared. We are also getting reports that New Romulus is almost completely repaired.

Kran: Don't worry. I have seen the work of the Prophets before. This is defiantly their doing. We still have a mission to complete!

*The Umbra flies with the Wells class vessel to the hole torn in the sphere by the Undine superweapon. They both come to a halt when they come upon a Defiant class vessel. The Umbra hails the ship.*

Kran: Voporak, this is Admiral Kran Su of the Temporal Security Agency. It is imperative that I speak to you immediately.

OOC: I'm taking some liberties here since we have no idea were your ship is. I hope you don't mind.

OOC: It's Sao Paulo, silly (okay fine, Defiant is close enough)! :rolleyes:

*The Black Phantom answers the hail*

Voporak: This is Admiral Voporak. You should consider yourself honored I bothered to answer (OOC: Yeah, had to throw in his mild bit of arrogance). You smell of chroniton particles, if you know what I mean, so this must be important.
    edited May 2014
    OOC: It's Sao Paulo, silly (okay fine, Defiant is close enough)! :rolleyes:

*The Black Phantom answers the hail*

Voporak: This is Admiral Voporak. You should consider yourself honored I bothered to answer (OOC: Yeah, had to throw in his mild bit of arrogance). You smell of chroniton particles, if you know what I mean, so this must be important.

OOC: Sao Paulo, sorry, its been a while. :o Also, as I'm sure you've seen, Kran tries to be very official. I can see so many conflicts between our characters because of there radically different personalities. :D

*Kran shows a hint of annoyance, but only for a second.*

Kran: Indeed it is. The TSA has been watching you for some time Admiral. Suffice to say that some of the higher ups are not too happy with you. However, the TSA and Starfleet have decided that you are mostly helpful. I was sent to inform you in person that we know what you are doing.

*Kran pauses here and smiles.*

Kran: I would almost offer you a chance to join the TSA, but your record is... Less than ideal. Just remember: You have gotten the attention of some very powerful people in the Federation. Be careful what you do. They will know.

*At this, the channel closes abruptly. Almost immediately the Umbra and the Wells class vessel cloak.*
    edited May 2014
    *Baroan leans back in his chair. He's in D'Tan's office, going over what happened. The public know that the D'Tan killed was a look alike, and they are rejoicing, but in a scared, 'this-might-be-our-last-breath' sort of way.*
    Baroan: What the bloody 'Ell just happened!
    D'Tan: *Sigh* Enriov, you're doing that accent again...
    Baroan, without accent: I don't give a f*** about what accent I have! Can you explain to me how in the Elements damn universe did that Ceph fleet get to mol'Rihan without any resistance!?
    D'Tan: It would seem that the attacked so fast and left so quickly that the planetary defenses couldn't lock on fast enough.
    General, muttering: Good for them, I had the Thalaron almost powered up completely...
    *D'Tan glares at him*
    D'Tan: I thought I had ordered those decomissioned months ago...
    General,nervous: Well, uh, you see, it takes a while to dismantle the generators, and, uhh, we had the one left, sooo, I decided that we could, uh, activate it again to, uhh, help in the defense of the planet?
    *The General looks at his colleagues for support. Several of them nod their agreement. Most don't because they see Baroan glaring at them. They fear him now because of his position as the Aefvriha. He couldorder their assassinations and nobody would know, because they would never be found. They also knew he was in the Praetor's pocket, and disrespecting the Praetor was disrespecting him.*
    Baroan, quietly: An order from the Praetor isn't something you can disregard because you f****** feel like it!
    D'Tan: Please Enriov. Do not use that kind of language at a meeting...
    Baroan: *Sigh* I'm sorry Praetor. Forgive me.
    D'Tan: You are forgiven. *He looks at the Generals* But the point he was trying to make is right. You are thanked for trying to protect mol'Rihan, but you are officially fired for going against a direct order.
    General, scared: Bu-ut-t, wh-hat abou-ut my family? I ha-ave to provide for them...
    D'Tan: Fine, you're not fired. Just demoted. To Centurion.
    General, nervous: Th-thank you sir.
    *He leaves*
    Baroan: Well, now that that is over, I would like to propose something.
    D'Tan: What?
    Baroan: The Republic Internal Security Agency. It would lighten the load for Intelligence to focus outside to keep the Republic safe, while R.I.S.A takes care of internal problems.
    D'Tan: Hmm, and I think I have the right man for the job.
    *He looks at his assistant*
    D'Tan: A'Lishan, where is Enriov T'Vox?
    A'Lishan: I do not know sir, but I will contact him now sir.
    edited May 2014
    OOC: Sao Paulo, sorry, its been a while. :o Also, as I'm sure you've seen, Kran tries to be very official. I can see so many conflicts between our characters because of there radically different personalities. :D

*Kran shows a hint of annoyance, but only for a second.*

Kran: Indeed it is. The TSA has been watching you for some time Admiral. Suffice to say that some of the higher ups are not too happy with you. However, the TSA and Starfleet have decided that you are mostly helpful. I was sent to inform you in person that we know what you are doing.

*Kran pauses here and smiles.*

Kran: I would almost offer you a chance to join the TSA, but your record is... Less than ideal. Just remember: You have gotten the attention of some very powerful people in the Federation. Be careful what you do. They will know.

*At this, the channel closes abruptly. Almost immediately the Umbra and the Wells class vessel cloak.*

*Voporak looks around the bridge*

Anyone want to tell me something I don't know?

Damn TSA, even in the 25th century they don't leave you alone.
    edited May 2014
    *Voporak looks around the bridge*

Anyone want to tell me something I don't know?

Damn TSA, even in the 25th century they don't leave you alone.

*A Galaxy Dreadnought decloaks behind the Black Phantom and fires its phasers at the Black Phantom's unshielded nacelles. As the Phantom's warp drive goes offline the Dreadnought stops firing and deploys a tractorbeam. The Phantom is then hailed. The man that appears onscreen looks exactly like Kran except that he has extensive burn scars and his left eye is artificial.*

???: This is Vice Admiral Kran Su of the I.S.S. Umbra. Your ship and crew are now at the mercy of the Terran Empire! Prepare your computer core for a data transfer.