test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nerf the Valdore console it's unbalancing [Thread closed since y'all can't play nice]

Comments

• rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You know very well that everyone who PvP's regularly can Faceroll through ESTF, however, the game is mosly populated by super casual players that have no idea how to build an effective ship/boff layout/gear set. Add to that the large amount of new players with even less experience the pug events would be in even worse shape without this console - fact!

So... youre being complacent because you want to see more easy mode crutches in this game?

O_o

This console is obviously game breaking. Id dare say it is the single most OP piece of equipment ive seen in any game. An item that can keep you at full health as long as you keep shooting someone?

Thats just TRIBBLE.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You know very well that everyone who PvP's regularly can Faceroll through ESTF, however, the game is mosly populated by super casual players that have no idea how to build an effective ship/boff layout/gear set. Add to that the large amount of new players with even less experience the pug events would be in even worse shape without this console - fact!

Player skill level is entirely irrelevant to whether or not a console needs tweaked.
    This console is obviously game breaking. Id dare say it is the single most OP piece of equipment ive seen in any game. An item that can keep you at full health as long as you keep shooting someone?

As opposed to passives that kept you at full health regardless of what action you took?

Or powers that allowed you to lock down a target for minutes at a time?

Hyperbole isn't helping your case.
  • bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well you are talking about 1 Fleet action - CE - that it "could" help you get top score - healing is a small component compared to dmg I believe.

BUT - in every other PvE content - every SINGLE event - Especially ESTF - it gives players a HUGE survivablity boost.

With this console 95% of players in the game can easily survive ESTF

Everyone should buy the Valdore and get the console - it's only 1000 Zen

As to nerf - forget about it - it's working as intended.

healing is not a small component compared to damage. my pacifist toon (0 dps) normally gets 1st place in CE matches
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok... am I missing something?

I have the Valore, and have the console slotted (still leveling), I am not "invincible"... the proc hits randomly (be it when my shields are at 100% or 5%).

As far as the loggers go, its picking up heal amount, not actually heal delivered/used. That would be a more telling number.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    Player skill level is entirely irrelevant to whether or not a console needs tweaked.

Realistically this is 100% a PvP balance issue - nothing more. This console is super OP in PvP that is a fact. In PvE which is 95% of the game its just a crutch - but not an unbalancing crutch.
    edited June 2013

As opposed to passives that kept you at full health regardless of what action you took?

Or powers that allowed you to lock down a target for minutes at a time?

Hyperbole isn't helping your case.

You just want to keep using it because it gives you the illusion youre good at pvp with it. Same goes for anyone else that defends it.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    edited June 2013
    You just want to keep using it because it gives you the illusion youre good at pvp with it. Same goes for anyone else that defends it.

1) I don't pvp

2) See this post

3) If you're going to make an argument against something, or someone, get your facts right and explain your position in a coherent, calm manner. Freaking out, especially when you're entirely incorrect, does you and your position no good.

There's absolutely a rational discussion to be had as to what to do with the Valdore console. Characterizing anyone who doesn't share your particular viewpoint 100% as whiners who want to hold onto an advantage does you, your argument, the discussion and the game no good whatsoever.
    edited June 2013

I don't use it in pvp- I am a transphasic Hull smasher - so it is irrelevent.
    edited June 2013
    Look bud, im not playing the "debate words" game with you.

The evidence is overwhelming in favor of tuning this item down. So far the only people ive seen defending it, are those that use it. Of course they will defend it, because it is giving them an advantage they dont want to have taken away.

The biggest problem is we all know history, PWE/Cryptic wont do anything anytime soon, if at all. By the time they do all of the systems this issue is going to affect, will already have been irrevocably damaged. Most of the people I normally PvP with arent interested right now because they dont want to waste their time with being in a fight with someone using this. There goes half of my game right there.
    Gold.jpg
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While I think this console is great and a must-have for any Warbird, the heals can be waaay too excessive, easily crossing into overheals for shields. I could've sword I've seen it proc for 13.8k shield heals at one point... :eek:
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I agree I mean don't see an issue especially in pve for example in a stf the name of the game is to destroy the borg as quickly as possible not faff about lol. PvP not really an issue since I don't bother with it for I did it several times and it bored me unlike the PvP in Neverwinter which is awesome wish STO PvP was that much fun to do particularly on the ground which is where they should focus their efforts I mean domination,Haud mode, Zombies etc would play very nicely there :)

PvE is not an issue because I dont bother with it so they should remove all PVe stuffs.Its already too easy ,npcs are stupid and theres no reason to improve your ships since you can do everything in PvE in a Miranda .
    edited June 2013
    A typical warbird is already better than any other ship of its class due to it having both battle cloak and the singularity abilities out of the box. (and lets not BS, most of those singularity abilities might need some toning down as well. overcharge with the right singularity core is as strong as attack pattern alpha, giving any tactical captain TWO alpha strikes or one extremely large one)

I mean really, is a reactive heal via damage even remotely necessary for these?
    Gold.jpg
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We shouldn't have crutches either. There's no reason 95% of players can't survive an ESTF without the console. They just need to learn how. But there's no reason to learn, or actually get better, as long as we have crutches. Then, when the little gimmick crutch no longer works, these people have no actual skill to fall back on and they collapse. That's not fun for them, it's not fun for their team, and it diminishes the entire game.

This video talks about this in some depth: http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/playing-like-a-designer-pt.-2

Basically, these kinds of things can be helpful while learning the game. That's probably why this console is introduced at Tier 3. BUT, the game also needs to wean you off it by decreasing its effectiveness at higher levels. By Tier 5 VA play, this console should be a help, but not a crutch. It should be no more or less useful than any other universal console.

If this console is always useful, in every build, such that equipping it is always more good than bad, that is a straight up FOO Strategy. We can not have those at end game.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Look bud, im not playing the "debate words" game with you.

Then stop making a completely hyperbolic argument using facts you known damn well are false. Compared to the T4 Omega rep situation, and the things purpose-built Leadership builds could do, this console is downright tame.
    The evidence is overwhelming in favor of tuning this item down. So far the only people ive seen defending it, are those that use it. Of course they will defend it, because it is giving them an advantage they dont want to have taken away.

You're confusing taking a stand against completely over the top arguments and defending the console. If you bothered to actually read the post (in this very thread) that I linked to you'd find we agree something needs to be done about it.

The difference is I want that something to be done in the context of what the console can actually do, not some overinflated and bizzaro version based on the bloviating of an incensed forumite.

So please, take a breath. Calm down and be a part of the conversation with facts, not exaggerated flailing.
    edited June 2013
    Then stop making a completely hyperbolic argument using facts you known damn well are false. Compared to the T4 Omega rep situation, and the things purpose-built Leadership builds could do, this console is downright tame.

Go play pvp to see how 1 romulan ship scores more heal than 2 recluse healers put together.
    Im sure people need that sheet to kill borg.There should be a chat command /godmode to skip the 1000 zen and the stress of having to use boff powers to heal yourself and your teammates
    edited June 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    Go play pvp to see how 1 romulan ship scores more heal than 2 recluse healers put together.
    Im sure people need that sheet to kill borg.There should be a chat command /godmode to skip the 1000 zen and the stress of having to use boff powers to heal yourself and your teammates

Pretty much this. Watching a month old rom toon destroy 5 decent or good pvpers in a few moments is pretty bad. And yes it has been happening.
    Gold.jpg
    edited June 2013
    I would say there are probably another 50k players who could roll or have already rolled a Rommie who don't have this ship/console over the next few months - that should buy it.

50,000 x 1000 Zen = 50 million reasons to keep it as is.
    edited June 2013
    I would say there are probably another 50k players who could roll or have already rolled a Rommie who don't have this ship/console over the next few months - that should buy it.

50,000 x 1000 Zen = 50 million reasons to keep it as is.

And nearly all of them will just grind dilithium for 4 or 5 days and you know it.
    Gold.jpg
    edited June 2013
    And nearly all of them will just grind dilithium for 4 or 5 days and you know it.

Zen only enters the market with REAL $$$$ - someone has to buy the zen with real dollars to put it on the market - even if it's a stipend.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PvE is not an issue because I dont bother with it so they should remove all PVe stuffs.Its already too easy ,npcs are stupid and theres no reason to improve your ships since you can do everything in PvE in a Miranda .

I hope you're being sarcastic about the last part. If not, I sure as hell would like to know what kind of Miranda build you've run. :eek:
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everyone should buy the Valdore and get the console - it's only 1000 Zen

Sounds like it's the new PL. I will buy it tonight.
  • zieggreywolfzieggreywolf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For the love of God please do not nerf it. I remember shelling out the money to buy the galaxy x because i loved the spinal phaser so much from the show. I thought it would be great to give my eng a little dam boost but then people cry'ed about how op'ed it was and now we are left with a worthless ship. When are people going to realize it more fun to be op'ed. I say give everyone something great instead of nerfing something. I mean look at games like WoW and Rift those game are dying because the Dev's have spent all there time nerfing things and making them more simpler which is not fun at all.
    edited June 2013
    sdkraust wrote: »
    Sounds like it's the new PL. I will buy it tonight.

The good thing is that if you have the Mogai retrofit or the Fleet Mogai - you get the Valdore skin included - I like the Valdore look so I use it on my Fleet Mogai - which I use for PvE.

Do i need the console - no - but it does come in handy.
    edited June 2013
    Zen only enters the market with REAL $$$$ - someone has to buy the zen with real dollars to put it on the market - even if it's a stipend.

Yes but with all of the zen that already exists... (look at the exchange sometime, it always says like 190k available on each slot)... do you really think people will need to buy more to make it break even?

Hell even I have zen saved I didnt pay for.
    Gold.jpg
    edited June 2013
    I hope you're being sarcastic about the last part. If not, I sure as hell would like to know what kind of Miranda build you've run. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7rbYbSLXhY :rolleyes:

miranda is op
  • iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If we want to talk about nerf, there should be an established process for it so that it can be fair and transparent. Otherwise, there will be a long list of things that need to be nerfed but aren't like Aceton Assimilators, BoP, Syphon Drones and etc.
    edited June 2013

God i love Driving with the top down

gotta watch the vid just for that

also lolllll @ this whole thing, now i gotta get in a shuttle and try this XD
    Gold.jpg
  • threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited June 2013
    is it really the console that needs nerfed or does over healing not need to be counted towards leader boards? Or is this just a ploy to get people to buy the cstore ship and a planned nerf to the console in the coming weeks once the money has been made?
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oh hell lets just all fly around in super ships 'n never die.

if you're a romulan who pvps its a mUst have console.
    Unless you're into fair play.
    Its stupid OP. Ridiculous OP.
    And defending it, especially if you should know better, makes you look silly and childish.

Everyone know's its OP.

Stop embarrassing yourself and trying to defend it.
    You're shameful.

you suck at internet spaceships.
    And i'll still one shot your OP super scort with invulnerable shields.
    nubs.
    **facepalm**
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eisenw0lf wrote: »
    Oh, ok.

Then I should probably just continue to park my Mogai at 9 km from the Crystalline Entity, enable autoshooting, then go afk for a while and reap the purple lootz for scoring first place. Damage output is low enough to not get aggro from the entity and the automatic shield heals from the Valdore are sufficient for a high score. Same goes for the Minefield event. I just need to destroy a few ships, then go afk until the other players have done the rest of the mission -> Yay, first place for me. Of course just a result of my awesome skills.

The PvE crowd has spoken. Everything is working fine. Move along, nothing to see here :rolleyes:

EDIT:
    I almost forgot to drop this screenshot someone posted in the PvP forums. It shows the results of a CE event. ~4000 Healing per second.

Seems legit.

I've never called for nerf for anything, but 4000 healing per second is insane, even a bug would die before this beast.]
This discussion has been closed.