test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Inactive Subscription after just SEVEN days?

Comments

• kanglorkanglor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wish I had of seen this thread before I decided to renew my sub after letting it lapse a few days ago. Same deal as others, activated 1 month sub earlier, now shows as Inactive and ending on June 30th. Oh well, guess will put in a ticket and perhaps hear something back by next week. :(
  • rachel1018rachel1018 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Had a ticket unanswered on this now for a month. I figure I try getting the BBB involved if it's still unanswered come July
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, there is definitely a problem somewhere.

It is a pity that the only response is that it's a problem on our end but PWE cannot explain why this is happening all of a sudden and there are so many variables with different banks etc.
  • kanglorkanglor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seeing as I wanted to play this weekend and actually level up my characters, I switched the payment method over to PayPal, which for the moment has switched my status back to Active. The next billing date is still June 30th, so I sent in a ticket because I do not want to get charge a 2nd time after only getting 9 days of subscription time.
    edited June 2013
    I actually decided to try PayPal, my account still shows active with billing date of 22 June but it will take 3-5 days for the money transfer to go to PayPal, so I am expecting to become inactive.

I have 6 x $1 holdings on my bank account, so I am also waiting to see if any payments come out of there.

I have given up with trying to get it resolved through support, if it manages to work through PayPal I will keep subscription, if it doesn't then no subscription for me.
  • jerran75jerran75 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since reentering my credit card info last night, including CVV, my account is still active, but the monthly charge still hasn't shown up on my bank account. Just 5 $1 charges.
    edited June 2013
    Just read the Champions Online forum, more and more people are starting to have this problem.

It really looks like a CVV issue if it is affecting so many different banks etc.

The last response I received is that there is something wrong with my name or address.

Considering it is always the same and always entered the same, I don't think so and Visa did advise me that the CVV was not included with the request for payment.

And how can the $1 holding go through if my name/address is wrong???
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    Just read the Champions Online forum, more and more people are starting to have this problem.

It really looks like a CVV issue if it is affecting so many different banks etc.

The last response I received is that there is something wrong with my name or address.

Considering it is always the same and always entered the same, I don't think so and Visa did advise me that the CVV was not included with the request for payment.

Magical faeries. *Sage nod.* They're going around and playing tricks on peoples' bank accounts.

:P
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For you guys, even though it says Inactive, does your "Subscribed for"-counter still tick?

It does for me.

Also, how long did it take you guys to get your first response from the Support Team? (apart from the autogenerated one)
    I guess I'm kind of used to really quick support teams (mostly GW1, long ago, and Steam).

Also, my subscription bugged out after 1 day and only gave me less than half the benefits. I sure hope they fix this decently and soon. Any of you tempted to revoke the payment at creditcard company-level? I mean, I don't want to, and it's not that I don't want Cryptic to get my money, but it's just not really decent to have people pay for a 30-day subscription and then stop it after 1 day :p (not to mention probably in violation of various customer-protection laws, where I live)
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    twam wrote: »
    For you guys, even though it says Inactive, does your "Subscribed for"-counter still tick?

It does for me.

Also, how long did it take you guys to get your first response from the Support Team? (apart from the autogenerated one)
    I guess I'm kind of used to really quick support teams (mostly GW1, long ago, and Steam).

Also, my subscription bugged out after 1 day and only gave me less than half the benefits. I sure hope they fix this decently and soon. Any of you tempted to revoke the payment at creditcard company-level? I mean, I don't want to, and it's not that I don't want Cryptic to get my money, but it's just not really decent to have people pay for a 30-day subscription and then stop it after 1 day :p (not to mention probably in violation of various customer-protection laws, where I live)

Yeah, my counter still ticks even if the account is marked as 'inactive', but when I enter in the "Create/Manage Subscriptions" section it informs me that I have time untill the 26-th of June to renew/continue the subscription.

The only response I got was from BranFlakes after I PM'd him with the ticket number here, but this is not really his job and he said that most he can do is put my ticket in the right queue and it's up to the support from there on. I'm gratefull for Brandon's help cause this issue is not really in his department and he still tries the best to help.
    From the support though, I still haven't received any response for about a week now. While I'm aware that it takes them much more time to response to tickets, I'm on a countdown to the 26-th of June and I'm concerned about what's going to happen with my sub. if they don't respond or adress the issue before then. :(

Also, a piece of friendly advice to you twam, just in case you were not informed, but other players have reported that revoking payments does not go well with PWE and it could possibly result with being permabanned. This is not from my experience, just something that has been previously reported on the forums.

I hope the workaround with PayPal works for some of you guys, but it won't work for me because my sub. was purchased on a limited discount offer and I'll lose the perks of that sub. if I decide to subscribe again through PayPal because that offer is no longer on the table.

It's kind of sad and hillarious at the same time when you think about it, we're concerning ourselves with how to give them money and they don't even know how to take our money. :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited June 2013

I got the same response on my ticket, which now says solved. My account still says active, but the charge hasn't gone through yet.

I just love their logic, though. Your address or CVV must be wrong, even though it's the same address and CVV I've been using for three years subscribing. Again, let's blame the customers because we don't want to admit we have a problem.
    edited June 2013

It does for me.

There's nothing to "revoke" (and that gets you banned anyway) because the money doesn't actually go through. That's why the accounts keep going inactive because there's no actual payment. The only money that seems to be going through are the $1 verifications.
    edited June 2013
    I have now used PayPal and guess what it actually works with the exact same details that were used on the PWE account.

I have given up on the PWE system and will just use PayPal from now on, unless PWE can confirm that their system is fixed.

I attached my receipt from PayPal to the ticket, which was also marked as solved even though it was not and asked for a confirmation from PWE that they received the payment.
    edited June 2013
    See over on CO that everyone that is having this same issue is being told by support that it is a problem with their address, even though they have been subbing for ages and have not changed their address details.

Someone needs to advise support that there is a real problem with their billing system.

With so many having this problem, it amazes me that there has been nothing officially mentioned about it, but then again.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    See over on CO that everyone that is having this same issue is being told by support that it is a problem with their address, even though they have been subbing for ages and have not changed their address details.

Someone needs to advise support that there is a real problem with their billing system.

With so many having this problem, it amazes me that there has been nothing officially mentioned about it, but then again.

I finally got a response and, as you can already probably guess, the problem is in my adress. :rolleyes: Yes, the same adress that worked perfectly on four 3-month subscription renewals before, numerous Zen purchases and the Starter Pack just a month ago.

At least they made it perfectly clear that my 3-month recurring special discount sub. just went *poof* and I can't get it back, because it was unique offer that is not availibe now and there's nothing they can do about it when a sub. turns inactive. :rolleyes:

At this moment I'm very torn between supporting STO that I really like with the Cryptic devs. that I consider to be nice, cool people and the complete and utter incompetence of PWE and their employees.
    I feel like they just told me, sorry we ****** up and because of it now you'll pay more if you want to sub. than you did before. :confused: Like I said before, it's both sad and hillarious at the same time.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the heads-up about the permabans (seems a bit harsh, lol).

And indeed, there aren't any entries in my creditcard account. Like, none at all. Interesting.

Apparently, rather than complaining about paying for things I did not get, I should be giddy about getting things while PWE refuses my money :p If you look at it that way, it seems like a very good deal, lol. Think it'll work the same for an LTS? (I kid, I kid, don't worry)
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the heads-up about the permabans (seems a bit harsh, lol).

And indeed, there aren't any entries in my creditcard account. Like, none at all. Interesting.

Apparently, rather than complaining about paying for things I did not get, I should be giddy about getting things while PWE refuses my money :p If you look at it that way, it seems like a very good deal, lol. Think it'll work the same for an LTS? (I kid, I kid, don't worry)

Y'know, you have a point. We're effectively getting the Gold accounts for free (or for an extreme discount, considering the few $1 verification transactions that go through).

If PWE wants to lose money like this, that's their prerogative then, I guess.
    edited June 2013
    Just great, my subscription just went inactive with 0 days subscribed.

Have receipt and bank statement showing payment paid on 23 June and next payment not due until 22 July.

Cannot even log into the authenticate server atm.

Just went back to Active, this system is absurd.
  • sotalessotales Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I logged into my account page to verify the date I should see the monthly stipend from having bought a LTS last month, only to see the page say I was subscribed for 0 days and that my account was inactive, it also did not list my activated features. I then logged into the game to see if anything was wrong there. Finding nothing wrong, I then logged back into my account page, while still in-game, and it then said I was subscribed for 29 days and that my account was active and all features were showing. Seems that logging in must have synced something up.

On a somewhat related note, I had something like this happen to me with Blizzard and the Diablo 3 forums showing that I was prohibited from posting last year. Seems like my WoW account, which I let go inactive years ago, had been TRIBBLE and my account was locked down. After regaining control of my account (resetting passwords and such) I was still unable to post on the Diablo 3 forums. I then contacted their support and they assured me that my account was unlocked even though I still could not post. After several messages and re-opened tickets, I finally got a helpful answer. I had to log into my WoW account in order for it to sync up with the forums (which involved me downloading WoW just to log in once...). After I did so, everything was fine.

For anyone still having this issue, try logging into your account page while in-game if you haven't done so. Of course, your results may vary, but it did work for me.
    edited June 2013
    Just great, my subscription just went inactive with 0 days subscribed.

Have receipt and bank statement showing payment paid on 23 June and next payment not due until 22 July.

Cannot even log into the authenticate server atm.

Just went back to Active, this system is absurd.

I cautioned you that PayPal probably wouldn't work.
    edited June 2013
    I cautioned you that PayPal probably wouldn't work.

It's fine, must have been another glitch in the system.

It went back to active 10 minutes later without having to do anything and with the correct amount of days.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    Hi Captains,

A friendly reminder that the appropriate team at Cryptic and our payment partners continue to look into the issues some of you described with the CVV. When there is an update I am provided to pass along, I will make sure to post it here. Rest assured that it is a top priority, and the team is working on it daily until it's resolved.

I am told that a workaround is to pay for your sub using paypal, but we realize that it is only a workaround and not ideal for some.

EDIT:
    It's fine, must have been another glitch in the system.

It went back to active 10 minutes later without having to do anything and with the correct amount of days.

The account server was down. Along with players being unable to log in, if you look at your MyAccount page, your status shows as "inactive" when this happens as the web page can not reach the account server so it can't accurately collect and display data. When the account server comes back up, as it did, all returns to normal -- you don't loose subscription time when the account server is down.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited June 2013
    How does that explain the lack of response Bran? It's nearly July, I put in a ticket in May that is still open an has received no response outside the generic 'you posted a ticket' response. Your coworkers suck at such a simple thing as communicating with your customers, sounds to me like they either need to be replaced or taught how to actually do it!
  • nabuborianabuboria Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm fairly sure it's happening to everyone, both my LTS's are showing as:

Subscriptions

Subscribed For: 0 Day

Subscription Status: Inactive

When both are pre-launch active.

It happens time to time, always goes back so be patient lol.
    [SIGPIC] Element CKY Electric [/SIGPIC]
    "similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
  • vendincevendince Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The subscription becoming inactive thing happened to me too, on both my Champions and STO accounts. I changed to Paypal just now, let's hope that works.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    Thanks to your constant (and constantly amazing) feedback, the error related to billing and subscription processing that has been impacting certain players using Visa credit cards has been identified. We are working with our billing and payment partners to correct this error ASAP. We?re all-hands on-deck, but we don?t have an immediate ETA on a fix. Soon as we know, you?ll know.

Of course, we will ensure all affected players are compensated.

Thank you so much for your continued support.

-Your Star Trek Online Team
    edited June 2013
    After mine went inactive again after reentering my credit card info, I went ahead and switched to PayPal. Thanks to Brandon for finally acknowledging that this is an issue with your system and not our fault as we've been told this whole time. With the sad level of customer service I received during this event, it's a testament to how much I've enjoyed the game over the past few years and how much I want to continue playing that I haven't just walked away over this.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi Captains,

A friendly reminder that the appropriate team at Cryptic and our payment partners continue to look into the issues some of you described with the CVV. When there is an update I am provided to pass along, I will make sure to post it here. Rest assured that it is a top priority, and the team is working on it daily until it's resolved.

I am told that a workaround is to pay for your sub using paypal, but we realize that it is only a workaround and not ideal for some.

So, what happens to those people who are on special subscription plans? Like your $30 for 3 month deal you only offer for once a year for a few weeks (generally)?

What happens if your subscription 'expires' because you can't figure out how to take money during that time?
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited July 2013
    Sadly the same thing happening to those of us who's tickets are being completely ignored I bet, absolutely nothing. :(
  • contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    So, what happens to those people who are on special subscription plans? Like your $30 for 3 month deal you only offer for once a year for a few weeks (generally)?

What happens if your subscription 'expires' because you can't figure out how to take money during that time?

I got screwed out of mine due to all of this. Ticket said its flatout not even possible for me to be put back on it by them. =\