test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Inactive Subscription after just SEVEN days?

myrianthus75myrianthus75 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I recently upgraded to a Gold Subscription for Star Trek Online. In fact, according to the bank statement, the monthly charge was taken out on May 24th. (Exactly seven days ago..) now...I signed up for a monthly subscription...and now it says I need to re-activate. It hasn't been 30 days since I last upgraded..it's been only SEVEN. What kind of TRIBBLE is THAT?
Post edited by myrianthus75 on

Comments

• crazygunnerrrcrazygunnerrr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the exact same problem:

Type: Recurring 1-Month
    Subscribed For: 69.48 days

Just another 1 of Sto's features I guess...
    edited June 2013
    At least some gold members have seen their active gold membership go inactive, this is not just a site bug, but ingame as well, at rank up I do not get my respec token and my inventory did not increase. Right now my membership info says:

You guys at Sto better pay us back properly, because I'm quite tired of this TRIBBLE, so much downtime, now it's not even active. Don't get me wrong, I understand that none of you wished that this would happen, however I paid for a month gold, not 3/4 month with intervals where I have to spend my time asking you to fix it and staying in older ships because I can't rank up, because I would loose my respec token.
  • sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I literally just posted about this, glad it's not only happening to me.
    edited June 2013
    And annoyingly I had about 20 lock box keys for sale on the exchange. :P
    edited June 2013
    Yeah like I wrote in your thread, they HAVE to compensate you fully for all your losses.
  • stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the exact same problem:

Just another 1 of Sto's features I guess...

That's what makes STO the gold standard of F2P. /rolling eyes lol

Let's see how long it takes for them to fix this one.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Subscription issues would get a faster response if you posted this in the Billing section of the PWE Tech Support forums...

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/
  • jaelrinyajaelrinya Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looks I'm not the only one with the exact same problem.

Bought a gold member subscription about 10 days ago and yesterday they just set my subscription to "inactive". They not even gave me the 500 Zen that normally comes with a subscription. Already wrote a ticket, I hope that this problem will be solved as soon as possible.
  • ulkeskulkesk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have had an open ticket with support for almost a week with the exact same issue.

Only response so far was an automated please respond if you still require assistance one.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alright i put out a thread on their tech section, see if it gets any attention for you guys.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • newcastlebnewcastleb Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Add another person this has happened to. Just leveled a couple of chars today and didn't get respec or extra inventory slots.
  • melurianmelurian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Chalk up another.

I expect some bugs but this, this crosses a line.
  • s2racings2racing Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It seems my subscription has disappeared/cancelled itself as well. I was wondering why I couldn't use Pidgin anymore.
    Free jkname!
    Can we get some more (canon) KDF outfits, an assortment of respectable skirts/dresses, a long jacket (and more clothes in general) that does plain white well, melee weapon and Mk 15 drops, a T6 Nova, and account-wide lockbox/lobi/promo ships & consoles? Oh, and...
    Still waitin' on Klingon hairstyles actually worn on TV by a Klingon while we're at it.
    edited June 2013
    While it's kind of comforting that I'm not the only one I have to wonder, WTF?!
  • atrobotatrobot Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also have this issue.
    edited June 2013
    I had a fleetmate post this link on their twitter and created a ticket with the link to this as well, but no responses at all. Seems like they rather spend their time saying welcome back to returning players, then to respond to paying players who are seriously hindered in their gameplay right now. Withdrawing your money is apparently no option either, since they just autoban you if you do that...

I wonder if they would be this slow to respond if players could not buy gold, I'd bet they would respond straight away, but if they already got your money, well who cares about that.

Now as for hinder, I'm 50 now and I can't create a new character, well I can create it and all, but I can't do that much with it, because if I want to keep my respec tokens, then I would level all the way with the standard ship to 30 (got a zenship at that level)...
  • jaelrinyajaelrinya Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seems we are beeing ignored with our problem. Someone in the german forum also has the same issue and he is waiting for over a week for a response. He finally got one telling him his problem was solved, but it wasn't. His subscription is still inactive.

I also havn't received any kind of response from the support so far.

So that is the way we ar treated als "gold" members... oh sorry... I forgot... we aren't any more...:mad:

Cryptic, please respond to our tickets and do something! We just want the benefits we paid for!
    edited June 2013
    To be fair I did fire off an email on Friday, but I know, they're busy. And they're not going to know the seriousness of the situation until they get to the actual email.

I read somewhere (can't remember where exactly), that atm with all the bugs it takes approx a week to respond to issues, I guess we just have to sit tight guys.

The annoying part is, my months subscription was due to run out about the end of the lifetime sale. I was going to treat myself to it, but that could be bugged also?
    edited June 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Okay, serious as this issue is, it's Sunday. The devs can't be expected to insta-respond 24/7.
    It is sunday now yes, it obviously wasn't yesterday... Besides their employees are active during the weekend, simple fact is that if you run a MMORPG, you can't do the whole 40 hour workweek, you have people there 24/7, besides their twitter account is active, they just don't feel like responding to this problem.

Nobody here is expecting them to instantly fix it, however I am expecting them to respond, acknowledge the problem and do what they can, which could be in the form of a promise that any lost respec tokens will be given retroactively or something like that.

So like I said, if they have the time to welcome people back to the game, they sure as hell got time to respond to paying players, even if it was just to let us know they are looking at it.
    It's at times like these that companies can show what they are made off, whether they communicate or not, so far I see nothing.
  • ironmastodonironmastodon Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BINGO!!!

That is what happened to my account!! Charged on the 22nd, have been inactive for what I can gather was the launch of LoR. That is why I lost a BOFF slot and could not access my account bank all of a sudden. I had written it off as new issue bugs until I saw this thread and checked my account status page. I am completely comfortable with new issue bugs, but I would not have even noticed this until next month if I did not get charged, and if I did get charged it could have been even longer.

This is the first thread I have seen that points to any billing issue aside from not getting legacy pack items. There was no notification sent to my account that I was inactive, and only the in-game behavior to go by (Which as I said earlier, was chalked up to new release bugs.)

Nice way to find this out. saves me the problem of weighing the options of a lifetime sub though, so that is something.
    "We don't have time to negotiate in a civilized way... Destroy them!"

"Captains log: I can take up a holding pattern while engineering locates the source of this malfunction, but this area is known to be a frequent destination of pirates. If we are detected by enemy ships, we won't be able to defend ourselves."
  • mattyou4mattyou4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    a fello fleet m8 bort 3000 zen befor that grate patch she went inactive for 1 month so she could sort out real life things an now she has come back and expecting the zen to be thir so she could spend on her new toon ...

but no its missing no record can be found of it apart from crt taking the muney from her account but not paying it to her in zen ......

can sumone please explain whats happend to her zen ... an no she has not spent it it was ment for her new toon and such but now nothink eney idears ....

thank you
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now I know NOT to buy a gold sub for this month, Thanks guys you saved me $15 bucks!;) I needed to go gold to unlock a bunch of stuff for all my new characters but if its going to be a rip off then I want NO part of it! I feel sorry for your loss's and I hope they rectify the situation stat, this is plain robbery if they don't!
    edited June 2013
    That's strange, I just checked my ticket history and there's nothing listed. I resubmitted and it appears to have gone through, but now I guess I'm back at the back of the queue. :rolleyes:
    edited June 2013
    That sucks :(
    mattyou4 wrote: »
    a fello fleet m8 bort 3000 zen befor that grate patch she went inactive for 1 month so she could sort out real life things an now she has come back and expecting the zen to be thir so she could spend on her new toon ...

but no its missing no record can be found of it apart from crt taking the muney from her account but not paying it to her in zen ......

can sumone please explain whats happend to her zen ... an no she has not spent it it was ment for her new toon and such but now nothink eney idears ....

thank you
    Yeah this has nothing to do with this topic.
    Anyway have her open a ticket and you could create a thread about it.
    Now I know NOT to buy a gold sub for this month, Thanks guys you saved me $15 bucks!;) I needed to go gold to unlock a bunch of stuff for all my new characters but if its going to be a rip off then I want NO part of it! I feel sorry for your loss's and I hope they rectify the situation stat, this is plain robbery if they don't!
    Obviously they will rectify it, the question is when...
  • wpmaniacwpmaniac Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a similar Problem related to the Gold account.

Well basicly i have a Gold subscription:
    Subscribed For: 723 Days

Subscription Status: Active

but i didn't get the free 500 Zen related to the subscription

ohh and for the record I am waiting for a response since the 24th May
    Cannon to right of them, Cannon to left of them, Cannon in front of them; Volley'd and thunder'd; Storm'd at with shot and shell,
    Boldly they rode and well, Into the jaws of Death, Into the mouth of Hell; Rode the six hundred.
    - The Charge of the Light Brigade
  • myrianthus75myrianthus75 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have filed a complaint with the California (where Perfect World Entertainment is headquartered.) If this is not rectified in exactly 10 days, I will pursue other avenues to collect what I had already paid for. It's no wonder why PWE is rated F by the BBB. They take your money, and give you a taste of the benefits and then take it away.

We just want what we paid for. That is all.
  • ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lost a respec token, EC cap was reverted back to 10mil, and can't access the account bank to store and continue accumulating EC. We're actual paying customers, so I expect additional compensation for this fiasco.
    edited June 2013
    You lost your account bank? That's odd, that one should stick around after your gold runs out.
    edited June 2013
    I lost mine as well, i spent zen to get it back since there was 121 million ec in there. I'm just glad it was still there when I reactivated it.
  • ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You lost your account bank? That's odd, that one should stick around after your gold runs out.

Yup, everytime I try to access it, it says "You cannot access the account bank at this time".