test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Inactive Subscription after just SEVEN days?

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    Knowing that I am an original, Day 1 Lifetime Subscriber, how do you explain my current Inactive status with 0 days subscribed? Cryptic (now PWE) took my $240 over 3 years ago, so this issue goes beyond a bank not completing a transaction.

This issue is far from resolved, and the cookie-cutter reply to my first CS ticket was, frankly, insulting.

The issue discussed in this thread is very different from what you are describing (no one went to showing "0" days if they had subscribed days before) -- your issue actually sounds like an account-linking issue, as I notice your forum join date is June, so I am guessing that you recently attempted to link your Cryptic account to a PWE account.

Please reach out to our billing team at http://support.perfectworld.com ('Contact Us' tab, 'Billing' for the category drop down). If you are not able to reach the support site, please email directly to customerservice@perfectworld.com and put "billing" in the subject line and as many details in the message as possible. Filing a ticket is always the preferred method to contact us as you can ensure your ticket is in the right queue via the category dropdown.

Please note that tickets are answered in the order received, and as fast as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • ulkeskulkesk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Something is definately still not quite right.

My account went back to inactive today even though the money left paypal on the 17th. After changing subscription back to paypal it went back to active but the days subscribed has went from 340 something back to 332. Will be keeping an eye on it but if i get my zen stipend (which is a challenge in itself) and the account stays gold long enough to finish levelling my new character then i'll be satisfied.

If it ninja changes back to inactive without giving the zen then i'll be looking into taking it up with paypal after giving PW a suitable chance to respond.

Definately the last month i'll ever be subbing to this, it's far too worrying how many issues the account system has.
  • livinitupinphxlivinitupinphx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The issue discussed in this thread is very different from what you are describing (no one went to showing "0" days if they had subscribed days before) -- your issue actually sounds like an account-linking issue, as I notice your forum join date is June, so I am guessing that you recently attempted to link your Cryptic account to a PWE account.

Please reach out to our billing team at http://support.perfectworld.com ('Contact Us' tab, 'Billing' for the category drop down). If you are not able to reach the support site, please email directly to customerservice@perfectworld.com and put "billing" in the subject line and as many details in the message as possible. Filing a ticket is always the preferred method to contact us as you can ensure your ticket is in the right queue via the category dropdown.

Please note that tickets are answered in the order received, and as fast as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I appreciate your response, Brandon, but I linked my Cryptic account to my PWE account shortly after PWE enabled it. I've only recently joined the forum, since I haven't had any issues until now.

My first ticket created on May 30, 2013, received a cookie-cutter reply, as if no one actually read what I wrote in extreme detail (Incident 130530-002772; sent to 'Customer Support' > 'Account Inquiries' > 'General'), and was marked as solved, even though it wasn't.

I then sent an e-mail to customerservice@perfectworld.com (thereby creating Incident 130610-002355) on June 10, 2013, referencing my first ticket, and providing the same amount of detail. I'm still waiting for a reply to this one.

Do you now suggest that I create a third ticket addressed specifically to 'Contact Us' > 'Billing'?

Thanks.

EDIT: One thing I did do between the time I last played (under my lifetime sub) and May 30, 2013, was change the e-mail address associated with my account. Could that be what caused this issue?
  • ulkeskulkesk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just noticed on my Romulan and new KDF character that while they have the correct 300 day veteran accolade, the buff they both have is only the 200 day one. My old characters (which were all created before F2P) seem to have the correct 300 day buff.

Something got seriously broken with this and its especially noticable when my number of days subscribed keeps randomly dropping back to 33x (currently its on 332, last week it was on 340+).
  • jerran75jerran75 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is fixed. If you are inactive, it is most likely because your bank never completed the transaction and PWE did not receive funds. You can check your bank statement/ history to see if this is not the case, and if it isn't, contact information for the billing team is on the page prior in my post.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I realize that you are just relaying the message, Brandon, and as such I will try to be polite. However, I also want my meaning very clear.

You are flat out wrong. The issue is not fixed, and to tell us that when I can look at my account and see that it's inactive is, quite frankly, insulting to your customers who have spent hundreds of dollars to keep this game going over the past few years. As others have stated about their accounts, this is not an issue with my bank. I see the $1 pending charge that others are seeing as well. Is this a plan to charge me the monthly fee $1 t a time? This is the first month that something like this has happened. You have clearly stated that there was some sort of problem with the subscription and/or billing system. Therefor, I can only conclude that there is still something wrong with the system. The only reason why my bank would not process this is if your billing system has tripped some sort of fraud protection. Is there something we need to be worried about that you're not telling us?

One of the things I have thoroughly despised of late is horrible customer service. The worst is when people that are taking your money then basically call you a liar when the evidence is staring them in the face. If this is how you choose to treat your customers, Perfect World and Star Trek Online will soon go the way of Lucasarts, without the big payoff for its owners and employees.
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have had to go all the way through my bank and then Visa to try and figure out what is going on.

Visa have stated that the following:

13 June $1 check details fee.
    14 June $14.99 attempt but the merchant forgot the CVV (so your system stuffed up).
    Since then 3 x $1 check details but no attempt at the $14.99 subscription.

At the moment your system is not working properly and so it is not taking the subscription fees and therefore is making accounts inactive.

I have tried to explain this to Billing but I am getting nowhere.

Please do not delete this as it might explain to others that are having this problem, what is going on.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    I have had to go all the way through my bank and then Visa to try and figure out what is going on.

14 June $14.99 attempt but the merchant forgot the CVV (so your system stuffed up).

At the moment your system is not working properly and so it is not taking the subscription fees and therefore is making accounts inactive.

Please do not delete this as it might explain to others that are having this problem, what is going on.

Mind if I quote you on CO's boards? This is very important information and it needs to be posted elsewhere.

Oh, hell, I'm doing it anyway in case they do delete it.
    edited June 2013
    Mind if I quote you on CO's boards? This is very important information and it needs to be posted elsewhere.

Oh, hell, I'm doing it anyway in case they do delete it.

No problems and that information is straight from Visa, I was on the phone with them for 30 minutes trying to find out what is happening.
    edited June 2013

Thank you for this information. I've passed it along.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited June 2013

I'd bet that's the problem I'm having. So much for the assertion that the problem is fixed.
    edited June 2013
    jerran75 wrote: »
    I'd bet that's the problem I'm having. So much for the assertion that the problem is fixed.

If this is happening, it's a different issue than what was discussed in the OP and what was fixed by the team. The original discussion in this thread was that subscriptions were prematurely ending before their full period -- this was verified as a bug and was fixed. If subscriptions are not renewing/ activating because of a CVV issue like the one that cathgar457 mentioned, that's a different issue. This is currently not verified to be an issue as I've just passed along the information, but I have a question:

@cathgar457 -- is it possible that the CVV you have on file changed since the last time you entered the card information in? Maybe due to receiving a newer version of the card? The CVV is unique to each physical card, even if the new card you have contains the same 16-digit account number.

Either way, I've passed along the information to the appropriate individuals, and I will post an update once I have information given to me to pass along.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ah well. Back when I bought a three month discounted sub for my other account, I did'n get any zen as stipend. Filed a few tickets, got some automated replies ... eventually I became so annoyed just quit the game. If not for the romulans , I'd never came back.

Please fix this issue, it makes you lose players.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Interesting. Pity I only noticed this thread now, or I'd have waited to see how things play out.

Bought a one-month sub yesterday. I then cancelled it to prevent automatic extention and billing next month, as is pretty normal procedure where I live, assuming I'd still get the full 30-days of sub that I paid for.

Now I do seem to have the BOFF slots and account bank unlocked on all my characters, but the inventory and regular bank slots only on some. I can't seem to unlock the storage slots on the majority of my characters, even though I do seem to get the respec tokens on my new ones :(

I also get the 'Inactive' showing up, while the day counter is still running.

Strange stuff. Filed a ticket and joined the ranks of those patiently waiting :)
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmm... This explains what happened to me too.
    I logged in on yesterday morning to find my gold status was gone (I noticed this while I was selling items to vendors and NOT getting over 10,000,000 EC...no telling how much money I lost from Exchange sales :mad: )

So I just figured I had messed something up during the whole UGC fiasco and just reactivated it.
    Does this mean I was double charged for this month?
    Am I going to have to call my Card people over this? I guess Ill go check my statements *groan*
  • sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now that you mention this, is the 10,000,000 EC credit cap raised by going Gold ?
    Because that other account now has the limit, in spite of being a former gold one. I believe once the cap is raised, it stays even if you don't sub any longer ... or am I mistaken ?

(Lost a few mills today because of this ... not angry just wondering)
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sortof wrote: »
    (Lost a few mills today because of this ... not angry just wondering)

You are a nicer person than I.

I was growling at the screen.

Now I check my account status (like 5 minutes ago) to find it inactive AGAIN.
    I will check again once the servers are back up in case it is just being worked on, but considering it says 'Playable until June 28th' (so I got like a week when I reactivated it)
    I'm sure it's broken.

I'm beginning to think I'm done here. The in-game bugs I can handle, but these 'real money' issues (UGC thing, missing stipens, and now this) are sorta making me lose faith. :(
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Brandon, there's definitely a new issue with the subscriptions as cathgar457 explained in his post. And I don't think the issue is on his side because I'm experiencing similar issues now.

I have been subscribed through the 3-month recurring discount offer you had back in September and the renewal of the subscription has been flawless until now. The last date this subscription needed to be continued again was the 16-th of June, but since then my account has been marked as 'inactive'.

I've talked to my bank and they told me about the same thing cathgar457 explained, furthermore they added that they have no issues with completing the transaction as they have always done in the past, but simply no charge has been made this time. I haven't changed my card, nor have been issued a new one - it's the same one I have used for STO before.

I have filed a support ticket when this happened, but I'm going to PM you here with the ticket number as you suggested other players to do in this thread (I hope you don't mind) because in my account it gives me a time period until the 26-th of June to act on activating the account again. What happens after that I have no idea and frankly I don't want to find out. I'm afraid I might lose my veteran day count and the benefits of the discounted 3-month recurring subscription I had. :(
    That's why I feel that I'm in a rush to fix this before the 26-th and anything you could do to make this issue be adressed promptly would be much apreciated!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having the same problem as you. Was on the 3-months recurring deal, lost it when my sub was supposed to renew in early June. The real fun part is that my attempt to temporarily get on a 1-month recurring while they sort out getting me back on the 3-month deal since I needed the XMPP features for what I do ingame also seems to have prematurely failed so I have no clue right now. I've had a ticket going since I noticed the original problem and kept it updated. =\

Hopefully this gets sorted out. I mean. I WANT to give you guys money.
    edited June 2013
    @ Brandon

No, CVV is correct as card is valid until 2015 and I have only subbed in the past 3 weeks.

Details have been verified as correct.

When the $14.99 payment was requested by PWE the system just did not put through the CVV, but as to why I have 4 x $1 verification payments sitting on my account and no further requests for the $14.99 monthly payment, is baffling.

It's like the system is checking the account and nothing else.

My account atm shows ACTIVE with Next billing date June 22, 2013 (that was after it was made inactive after a few days and I re-subbed, which has happened twice in 3 weeks). The last time I re-subbed it put through 2 x $1 verification charges at the same time so it jumped from 2 to 4 on my account.

Will be interesting to see if on 22 June whether I become inactive again or get charged 4 x $14.99.

Still waiting on ticket reply.
    edited June 2013
    If this is happening, it's a different issue than what was discussed in the OP and what was fixed by the team. The original discussion in this thread was that subscriptions were prematurely ending before their full period -- this was verified as a bug and was fixed. If subscriptions are not renewing/ activating because of a CVV issue like the one that cathgar457 mentioned, that's a different issue. This is currently not verified to be an issue as I've just passed along the information, but I have a question:

@cathgar457 -- is it possible that the CVV you have on file changed since the last time you entered the card information in? Maybe due to receiving a newer version of the card? The CVV is unique to each physical card, even if the new card you have contains the same 16-digit account number.

Still trying to shift the blame? It's unlikely that his "CVV changed" as I'm having the same exact issue he's having with my Champions Online subscription. My card that I started my subscription with is good for a few more years. And there's others having this issue as you can see in this thread and in the threads over in the CO boards as well.

So, the malfunction is clearly on your end.
  • mcconnamcconna Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well it's nice to know the problem is still not on my end, considering I also couldn't find anything wrong with my bank account that would warrant it to keep going inactive. Hopefully this issue is fixed soon, since we are trying to give PWE money. It should be a priority to fix it with that being considered. :P
  • livinitupinphxlivinitupinphx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

The second ticket, which was created as a result of an e-mail I sent to customerservice@perfectworld.com, has resolved my issue. Thank you, though, for replying to my posts.
    edited June 2013
    Sorry Brandon (pwebranflakes) as I probably should not post this but I am at a loss.

After supplying all of the information from my bank and from visa to billing support, they just replied that it is a problem with my bank.

I have spent hours on this problem and I am really at a loss as to what to do next.

I know I can get banned from stating what happens with tickets but I am a customer and not getting any real support.

I have PM'd you in hope.
    edited June 2013
    As I have stated here and to Billing Support in frustration.

If it is my bank problem, how can the $1 account verification go through seeing as how it uses the exact same information as the $14.99 subscription which is not getting requested.

How can it be a problem with my bank when both my banks and VISA's support departments have verified it is a problem with PWE?

And if it is a problem with my bank, why are other people having the same problem both here and at CO?

I am getting so frustrated with this after spending hours following this up and spending time on the phone that I am just about ready to wipe my hands of it.

Please don't ban me for the rant.
    edited June 2013
    Still trying to shift the blame? It's unlikely that his "CVV changed" as I'm having the same exact issue he's having with my Champions Online subscription. My card that I started my subscription with is good for a few more years. And there's others having this issue as you can see in this thread and in the threads over in the CO boards as well.

So, the malfunction is clearly on your end.

Yeah, it just amazes me their inability to just admit, "Hey, Mr. Customer. You are right. Our billing system is screwed up and that's why your account is inactive."

I'm also amazed at their inability to put 1 and 1 together.

As many of us have stated, the set of events were as such. We looked at our accounts sometime before the end of the period, and the accounts said inactive. Mine said inactive 2 days before the next payment was going through. My bank account shows the $1 fee pending, which probably does have something to do with the CVV on my card, which hasn't changed. So, is it really a stretch to say, "you know, maybe the account inactive thing and the CVV thing are actually related to each other." That'd work a lot better than constantly saying to customers you're wrong.

And I would have even been happy with, "Our system has erased your billing info. Could you resent it!" Rather than, "you've got the wrong info in there. Did you get a new card and not remember to go through the small effort of changing the info before coming onto these forums to rant?"

Again, forgive me for being overly blunt, but we are paying for a service here, and not only are we not getting that service in the form of the game because our accounts say inactive, we're being patronized to by the customer service people.

I will go ahead and try reading my credit card info to see if that works.
  • wolf3130wolf3130 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sicjeb wrote: »
    To be fair I did fire off an email on Friday, but I know, they're busy. And they're not going to know the seriousness of the situation until they get to the actual email.

I read somewhere (can't remember where exactly), that atm with all the bugs it takes approx a week to respond to issues, I guess we just have to sit tight guys.

The annoying part is, my months subscription was due to run out about the end of the lifetime sale. I was going to treat myself to it, but that could be bugged also?

i am soooo glad i didn't bother subscribing i'll stick with ftp and save my money for more important things
    edited June 2013
    jerran75 wrote: »
    Yeah, it just amazes me their inability to just admit, "Hey, Mr. Customer. You are right. Our billing system is screwed up and that's why your account is inactive."

I'm also amazed at their inability to put 1 and 1 together.

Indeed, what are the odds of ALL of our banks TRIBBLE up?
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The second ticket, which was created as a result of an e-mail I sent to customerservice@perfectworld.com, has resolved my issue. Thank you, though, for replying to my posts.

I just did the same, hope I'll be lucky as you were. :)

On another note, is there anyone that has been subscribed and then expired for a period of time and subbed again to share what happens? Do you lose the veteran day count fo ex. or it continues where it stopped when you sub. again? I'm sure they'll get to the tickets, but I'm afraid it will take them a wee bit longer than what the system gives me time for.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited June 2013
    I have just been advised again by Billing Support that it is a problem at my end and I even just re-entered my card details upon which it automatically put through another 2 x $1 account detail check fees (why 2), so now there are 6 on my account.

I have now decided not to bother with a subscription as it is just not worth the hassle.
    edited June 2013
    You have to wonder how long they'll let this go on before they realize that they're not getting the same turnout for subscriptions they used to.