test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Massive imbalance for Fed Vs Klink Elite Space Weapons....

naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Why does this exist? If a full team uses these against another, its ubsurdly overpowered. The fed weapons have a crappy little shield heal vs klinks with a massive resistance debuff!?!?!?

Needs to be addressed somehow. At least give Feds the same debuff.....
Post edited by naz4 on

Comments

• bobtheyakbobtheyak Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stats please...
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bobtheyak wrote: »
    Stats please...

Elite Disruptors are Mk XII with: DMGx2, one modifier of your choice, and SDisrupt, along with the normal disruptor proc, can also proc a separate proc which lowers shield resistance on the target.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Feds just got leech and now want KDF elite weapons too?

Can we please just leave somethings faction specific, KDF is losing more and more reasons to try KDF out.

Besides I have seen a few Fed zombie builds out there using elite phasers. Maybe its not the main part of the build, but every bit of healing helps.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »

Can we please just leave somethings faction specific, KDF is losing more and more reasons to try KDF out.

Besides I have seen a few Fed zombie builds out there using elite phasers. Maybe its not the main part of the build, but every bit of healing helps.

So leave a massively overpowered weapon to one side?
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps the space Elite disruptors need to be changed to -5% SDR per-proc or only allow a target to be affected by one elite dis debuff total (just one per victim, not one per attacker like with APB).
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought the Nanite weapons where created to get around this?
    Otherwise the obviuos answer is to make both options availible to both factions.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Otherwise the obviuos answer is to make both options availible to both factions.

The Nanites aren't even in the same league as standard disruptors imo, much less Elite Fleet.

And yes, both procs should be available to both sides.

marc8219 wrote:

Are you trying to be silly?

Outside of lolkerrat, the only thing KDF having massively better fleet weapons with a seriously powerful proc does is help put more nails in the coffin of FvK and KvK.

Who the hell wants that?
    edited May 2013
    naz4 wrote: »

Well KDF doesn't have 5 fore weapon ships or 5 tac console faction ships unless counting Romulans, this will be a lot more OP on teams with Kumari, Fleet AE and Fleet Defiants.

Maybe the fed ones should be tweaked then? If they could grant a shield resistance proc instead of a heal they would be the exact opposite of KDF elite weapons and could counter its proc, but maybe this would also be op so not sure if its a good idea.

Also one of the problems is shield resists stacking absurdly high and not enough counters to this besides elite disruptors and SNB. Maybe if more resist lowering abilites were avialable this wouldn't be so much of an issue. Tachyon beam should be made useful and lower shield resists.
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its pretty much the same bs as the fact there exist Fleet shields.

Game has become more chance and opportunity based then ever.

Whoops i just catched myself complaining for once :D
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • murmurhem187murmurhem187 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just a random dude but I really couldn't care less as it doesn't effect me in anyway, and will likely only effect a small portion of fed pvpers. Most of whom play fvf anyway right?
    Koopa27 -X-treme
  • shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thing is that Cryptic balances around the meta, so the game as a whole keeps getting narrower and narrower. They probably tossed the Klink weaps in as a means of combating crazy high shield resist, but all this does is mean that you must run said high shield resist to remain competitive. Anyone who wasn't already using these builds and those items gets hurt way harder (imagine some poor soul not running MACO/Fleet shield and getting smashed by these).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
    edited May 2013
    I'm just a random dude but I really couldn't care less as it doesn't effect me in anyway, and will likely only effect a small portion of fed pvpers. Most of whom play fvf anyway right?

Not so much anymore, the FvK queues have been more active because one of the main reasons for avoiding it and going FvF instead is now gone. Feds have most of the Romulan players who have better cloak then most KDF ships, and have better z-store consoles, and now have KDFs best z-store console, leech. People stayed in FvF to not have to go up against battle cloak and consoles like leech, AA, etc, but now they can't.
  • seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Well KDF doesn't have 5 fore weapon ships or 5 tac console faction ships unless counting Romulans, this will be a lot more OP on teams with Kumari, Fleet AE and Fleet Defiants.

Maybe the fed ones should be tweaked then? If they could grant a shield resistance proc instead of a heal they would be the exact opposite of KDF elite weapons and could counter its proc, but maybe this would also be op so not sure if its a good idea.

Also one of the problems is shield resists stacking absurdly high and not enough counters to this besides elite disruptors and SNB. Maybe if more resist lowering abilites were avialable this wouldn't be so much of an issue. Tachyon beam should be made useful and lower shield resists.

Well lets face it, 5 console setup isnt a massive game changer anyway, the only ship really thats 5 console and OP is the JHAS, which last time I checked is available both sides.
    5 Fore weapons is great, extra energy drain meaning back ups are less powerful, the only ship with 5 console 5 fore weaps is one of the andorian ships, only premades use it because its more delicate than a quails egg.
    klinks also have some of the fastest turning ships in the game, combined with battle cloak makes them pretty deadly, not forgetting all the other drains and stuff that Fed doesnt have, better carriers, better carrier support, a good chunk of more potent firepower across a larger selection of ships as opposed to fed cruisers.

You also have access to a weapon that when only 2 people have them in a team is utterly unstoppable (even more so when combined with all the drain toys and stuff that fed doesnt have access to).

Those elite disruptors need to be either toned down or elite phasers need to be toned up to match on one level or another.
    The fact that elite dis opens up on you, you might as well hand over your hull plates and shields to the enemy.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Like he said, the Feds have EVERYTHING else including the BoP.
    There is almost nothing left exclusively KDF, now.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rezking wrote: »
    Like he said, the Feds have EVERYTHING else including the BoP.
    There is almost nothing left exclusively KDF, now.

this is not about exclusively, is about BALANCE. It doesn't care who faction have the OP toy of the month, if it broke/op it should be addressed.
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Whoops i just catched myself complaining for once :D

Hey MT, what do you think about the new UI?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have an idea, every item with the word elite in it should be removed from the game! so they stop ruining the game!
  • p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, but it's been that way for many months now just like elite shields are way over the top. There's been a faction ship imbalance for the Fed side since pretty much the 1st massive c-store release way back when. Imagine the outcry if the Romulan ships had been released as KDF Fleet ship options last summer. Or how about the over the top lotto ships?

In the end it's just one of the power creep things that happens to fall KDF side like plas leech was.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aldo1raine wrote: »
    Hey MT, what do you think about the new UI?

It makes me sue you to get me a new eye implant.
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have an idea, every item with the word elite in it should be removed from the game! so they stop ruining the game!

Then you probably don't want to see this:
    There will be Fleet warp cores in the not so distant future. For now, though, you can get Mk XI and XII warp cores just by defeating enemies in space combat. :)

Fleet Advanced Cores...?
    Fleet Elite Cores...?
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think there are enough over powered toys as it is... These should have never existed.

Seeing as they do... its time for Cryptic to just plain fix them not spread em.

Remove the massive shield debuff... and give them a hull heal... I know it doesn't seem that logical... but really its no more illogical then your weapons healing your shields.

Or Just copy the fed shield heal stats over to the disruptors and be done with it.

The shield debuff was a bad idea... no point in making it worse.

Ditto for other klink junk they have spread around...

As much as I am loving having all 4 of my sub systems over 100 power all the time... leach is broken plain and simple. (change the topic there I know)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Remove the massive shield debuff... and give them a hull heal... I know it doesn't seem that logical... but really its no more illogical then your weapons healing your shields.
    Shields are energy, hull is not.
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shields are energy, hull is not.

Who cares... bottom line Naz is right it was a bad design.

Honestly I vote just copy the fed porcs over the E disruptors. :)

Or make them impart a hull resistance... Have the energy feed back into "Disrupted Hull Polarization" and have them give a hull resist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »

I would love Fleet Elite weapons of all types for all factions, and same with wing and quad cannons.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • rudiefix1rudiefix1 Member Posts: 420
    edited May 2013
    funny thing is that you never hear klingons whining about not having Kumari's and Vesta's.....or other items exclusivly belonging to fed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
    @rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
    @rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
    edited May 2013
    Who cares... bottom line Naz is right it was a bad design.

Honestly I vote just copy the fed porcs over the E disruptors. :)

Or make them impart a hull resistance... Have the energy feed back into "Disrupted Hull Polarization" and have them give a hull resist.

Bottom line is that phasers also have bad design. Since start. Phaser proc anyone, ol' tsi style? It took 3 years to partially fix that one - since that immunity doesn't work well.

Two quotes from another thread:
    These attacks can be avoided by rotating various abilities to reduce the window of opportunity for the aggressor. You just gotta work out what they are.

maicake716 wrote: »
    unsportsmanslike conduct in a game based on a war where both sides want to win? O_o

This game is full of bad designs.
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So Ivan bottom line based on nice copy paste is to run the same weapons against you? That would be effective. Also phasers aren't as op as they once used to be since the leadership trait was fixed...
    edited May 2013
    Outside of lolkerrat, the only thing KDF having massively better fleet weapons with a seriously powerful proc does is help put more nails in the coffin of FvK and KvK.

U want to go with friendly atmosphere, overall - better players, less drama, much more brain, and most important, fun and freedom. Elite fleet weapons are just icing on a cake.
    edited May 2013
    So Ivan bottom line based on nice copy paste is to run the same weapons against you? That would be effective.
    m8, all kind of OP copy/paste **** is used against me, and look, I'm still alive. :P
    Also, I dont think thats a problem, since only 2-3 ppl "outside lolkerrat" can really make you suffer, tho it did pass my mind u guys went too fast last night in arena where I was present. Dunno, maybe they are overpowered, I dont use them, but i still think its not a big deal.

offtopic:
    Also, AA got nerfed, its has been destryoed by energy weapons now.
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't pvp'ed in about a month, and the tholian rep, when I first saw it concerned me gravely.

As much as I believe that there needs to exist parity between all factions in regards to access to weapons types, doffs, etc, I also believe that there needs to be parity between the factions in regards to ships, and ship roles.

The old argument that cloak justified the setup of Klingon faction ships, and the issues that have plagued since launch of certain ships like the raptor, seriously need to be considered into the equation.

Folks that say a 5-TAC console ship does not matter all that much is deluding themselves. Since LoR it matters a great deal with the recent changes and players now have ample means of supplement that additional power to put it to use.

I personally do not believe that it will promote balance given Feds access to these weapons, when you compare the ships on either side on that equation. Its obvious that only the feds stand to gain out of it.