Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - May 10, 2013

Comments

• Options
    yulianhuayulianhua Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    well at least the dilithium vendor sells disruptor and plasma weapons, oh wait at lvl 21 it won't let you do dailies to earn dilithium

You can do duty officer assignments to earn dilithium... at... a... horribly... slow... pace... :(
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you want dil.... you can do the Strange new worlds (or it's KDF equivalent) It's usually pretty quick, and gets you 1440.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cant Equip the consumable Scorpion Fighters from "The Vault" on my D'deridex because "Class Requirements are not met".
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Too late! They are now Nimbosians.

Aww ... I wanted to call them Nimbos! ;)

Besides, since it's Nimbus III, shouldn't they be Nimbusians?
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty sure the Nimbosians see "Nimbo" as a derogatory slur.

And you leave the Niblonians out of this! They're always stinking the place up with their 'dark matter.'
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the Nimbosians see "Nimbo" as a derogatory slur.

And you leave the Niblonians out of this! They're always stinking the place up with their 'dark matter.'

NIM-BU-SILLS'

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    afree100afree100 Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank You for fixing the lighting it looks much better now. Also the new borders on the UI look much better now. Edit: by borders I mean the borders around bridge officer skills when they are activated

I have also messed around with /renderscale and found that a value of 1.25 does drop my frames per second by alot but imo is worth it (esp since the fps was improved upon quite a bit over holodeck and I noticed the game works well in both fullscreen and window mode and uses 99% GPU (like every other optimised game does) as opposed to the 80-90% it did for a while, edges around my ship when combined with x4 AA look awesome with renderscale at 2 they looked even better but not by that much and the performance drop was huge, I managed to set renderscale up to 5 but everything rendered at 1fps and jagged edges reappered heaps probably due to some scaling issue (setting it to 6 errored some not supported over blah blah blah size and setting it to 10 was a memory overflow). /visscale 2 seems to work really well as well with no measureable performance drop over 1 and any setting higher I could not see the difference.

It would be awesome if there was AA or a /renderscale equivalent for the UI but probably either not possible (since who knows what you guys use for your UI rendering) or far to much work.
    Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honor Guard
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm using Wine, and it's much better now. Less graphic glitches and crashes.
  • Options
    dauren8484dauren8484 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At the end of the Mission cutting the Cord when you go to talk to Obisek Hakeev is still standing around as a Neutral NPC. And when the Iconian sip comes through the gateway and grabs Sela's Scimitar the Scimitar is spinning around in circles while being pulled by the Iconian ship.
    No sense fearing the inevitable. We all die. It is how we face that death that matters!
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013
    just checked drozana station 2 tables of ground weapon vendors that only sell phaser type weapons..............facepalm :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please get that Federation tactical officer off my Romulan bridge.
  • Options
    zntechzntech Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mission: Devil's Choise
    Romulan Klingon faction:
    Romulan flotilla plasma higher tier (from Mk VII) weapons does it work at all , no sound fx , can't release hostages on the cryo room 2 , mission can't be finished .
    Don't know what is happening if you chose fed faction ?
    I restart this mission 10 or 15 times with variable set of working .
    Serious problems with this mission.
    In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yulianhua wrote: »
    Terrific, another broken option removed instead of fixed.

Will there be another way to disable the shoulder camera? I, for one (and according to comments I've seen here, not the only one), hate-hate-hate the shoulder camera and made use of this (broken) option every time I logged on, zoned, changed maps, whatever caused the option to be reset (hoping it would eventually be FIXED, not removed). Silly me for getting my hopes up.

PLEASE give us an option to turn off the horrible shoulder camera!

You are not alone. I thought FINALLY it will be gone. The camera angle I HATE so much. But there it is again...

*sigh*

At least make it not be the default setting, pretty please. Make players have to zoom in to get that position with the camera.
  • Options
    salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    TRIBBLE has been updated to a new build.
    ST.30.20130510a.0

General:
    • Re-updated all the textures in the game, everywhere.
    • This probably doesn't mean what you think it does; Tacofangs has the answers.

Taco when are you gona explain this?
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Taco when are you gona explain this?
    someone hasn't been paying attention; he explained it long ago :P

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=665941
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    someone hasn't been paying attention; he explained it long ago :P

Sorry i did read this entire post chouldn't find the link
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Options
    chushachusha Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Plasma Emission Seeking Torpedo is no longer targetable by foes.

Mine was targeted and destroyed 6 seconds after firing.
    Vice Admiral Triela - Proud member of Valhalla's Rising
    ██ ██ U.S.S. Protos Heis ██ ██
    Lieutenant General - Scheherazade - Honorable warrior of Sto'Vo'kor's Rising
    ██ ██ I.K.S. Protos Heis ██ ██
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, I didn't post a link in this thread, I just started that thread instead. Hey! That Rhymes! I'm a poet, and I didn't realize!

Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    elvenaarelvenaar Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So there isn't a free romulan char slot yet? I tried making a romulan, but I can't cuz it says I don't have any slots and I have all my holodeck chars (6) copied over, so that must mean there is no romulan free slot as of yet, am I wrong?
  • Options
    cougarman1968cougarman1968 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    too bad I cant play tribble since the patch lol
  • Options
    macaviusmacavius Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At the character select screen, whenever you log in as a Romulan character it gives you the Federation transporter sound, but the Romulan transporter FX.
  • Options
    elvenaarelvenaar Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    You are wrong.

You brought slots on Holodeck, nothing you brought on Holodeck transfers to Tribble outside what you have in your character when copying it over.

You can transfer all characters you have over the limit on Tribble but that will fill all your slots, since you have 6 characters you have all your slots filled because you only get 3 or 4 now and that is up from the 2 or 3 we used to have before.

Delete 4 of your characters on Tribble.

Hmm but still doesn't answer the question as to why they didn't put in the free romulan char slot. They said they will give a free charslot for a romulan character for everyone, but since it's not in the Open beta I guess they changed their minds.
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I like Nimbusites

How about Nimbusiles, for living on such a hard, barren planet in the first place? :D
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elvenaar wrote: »
    Hmm but still doesn't answer the question as to why they didn't put in the free romulan char slot. They said they will give a free charslot for a romulan character for everyone, but since it's not in the Open beta I guess they changed their minds.

theuy DID give you a free slot. but any slots you bought from the C-Store on Holo side dont count on tribble so you only have the 2-3 you had to begin with PLUS the free Rom slot. you won't get it as that 7th slot until it goes on holodeck and your C-Store purchases count.
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    ofdpt23p13ofdpt23p13 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soooo.....I'm trying to log into tribble for the tribble test weekend, and guess what. I'm sitting in a queue that keeps going from 1000 to 8000 places......so here is my question. If I spend an hour sitting in this queue, will I get credit for the tribble test weekend??? Just wondering.

p.s.
    Yeah, I know I'm not going to get credit, it was a rethorical question.
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They said test weekend

Maybe they are testing a new login queue lol :D
  • Options
    ofdpt23p13ofdpt23p13 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    Maybe they are testing a new login queue lol :D

LOL....must be.....I'm going strong at 30 minutes so far