Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - May 10, 2013

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    Okay... let's get this straight.... First PWE deletes all of our toons on Tribble and then turns off the ability to copy them over for some "undetermined amount of time" without any warning?

They want folks to test the Romulan stuff mostly... not yer toons from Holodeck.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    They want folks to test the Romulan stuff mostly... not yer toons from Holodeck.

Understandable to a point, but they've also said they've made changes to non-Romulan stuff.... which we can't test now.
  • Options
    rorirori Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TRIBBLE has been updated to a new build.
    ST.30.20130510a.0

[*]The deprecated option to Enable Shoulder Camera has been removed.

I know the shoulder camera option wouldn't stay set properly, but it was the only way I had to get the camera close to my character's right shoulder.

I use an Eyefinity setup and the game works well on it for the most part, but it's frustrating how the camera is halfway across the room from my character's shoulder everytime I log in.

If I disabled the shoulder camera, when it popped back on on it's own, the camera would reset to a decent distance and the game was playable. If the option has been outright removed I sure hope there's some other option to set the position of the camera, otherwise shooter mode is going to be unplayable for people on a multi-monitor setup.

Can anyone confirm whether there's some other way to modify the shoulder camera, or if it's locked now?
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Understandable to a point, but they've also said they've made changes to non-Romulan stuff.... which we can't test now.

Yeah the Klingons which you mostly have to create from scratch as well to test.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I, too, was hoping to test the Remans before May 21st on Tribble. Any time frame between now and launch as to when or if we'll be able to play a Reman to test on Tribble?
  • Options
    alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay what is wrong with tribble, I mean why is it patching so slow, I never had a problem before when it omes to updates.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    alikain wrote: »
    Okay what is wrong with tribble, I mean why is it patching so slow, I never had a problem before when it omes to updates.

Everyone is patching for the test weekend and PWE didn't scale for the mass downloading.
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep patcher keeps failing and restarting
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [*]You can call them Nimbosians. Let's make that a thing.

LOVE IT! Keep the humor coming! :)
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    You can call them Nimbosians. Let's make that a thing.

No... Let's not!

Too late! They are now Nimbosians.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Can you guys fix the away team transport screen where it's show the bridge officers and both ground and space powers.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • Options
    edbohagenedbohagen Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And I'm not that bothered about testing the new content, I expect it to be bugged to hell.

I wanted to test the changes for my existing toons, still an important part of any testing, no?
  • Options
    xenosisukxenosisuk Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ooo 2% in 30 mins,

Ok I will have to go on Holodeck, but them textures and the UI Hurts my eyes now after playing on tribble :P

I know not the right place, I am a lifer but I don't get an option on the forums for a title and it says I joined, uh when did it say I joined August 2012, um I was playing the game in beta, goes to look for the Temprol Vortex that ahs stolen time, the other thing Lifer since 2010 I have a grand total of 0 Cryptic Points in my Stipend???? (I mean I have never got them) and when I try to go to the Support site it gets stuck in a loop. so never actually opens Accounts Support page.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    edbohagen wrote: »
    And I'm not that bothered about testing the new content, I expect it to be bugged to hell.

I wanted to test the changes for my existing toons, still an important part of any testing, no?

exactly my point!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Turnabout mission is heavily bugged. My bridge officers weapons are not firing, the Camera facing is in a mess. My character is face like the rest of my bridge officers and they are all walking Backwards. And the self destructs doesn't Trigger when you use the controls
  • Options
    balordezulbalordezul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the Ha'apax Subadmiral version back in the game? Also have the issues with missionTurnabout been resolved?
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alikain wrote: »
    Turnabout mission is heavily bugged. My bridge officers weapons are not firing, the Camera facing is in a mess. My character is face like the rest of my bridge officers and they are all walking Backwards. And the self destructs doesn't Trigger when you use the controls
    I'll go further than that, where are the rebreaters? Will we be able to interact with the console on the bridge? This mission should have been fixed when Devil's Choice mission was fixed, as they're back-to-back. I don't know why it wasn't but it's unfortunate that it wasn't. I think it should be fixed ASAP.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the C-Store enabled? Can I start getting my Romulan character some Federation tech? :)
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    yulianhuayulianhua Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    UI:
    • The deprecated option to Enable Shoulder Camera has been removed.

Terrific, another broken option removed instead of fixed.

Will there be another way to disable the shoulder camera? I, for one (and according to comments I've seen here, not the only one), hate-hate-hate the shoulder camera and made use of this (broken) option every time I logged on, zoned, changed maps, whatever caused the option to be reset (hoping it would eventually be FIXED, not removed). Silly me for getting my hopes up.

PLEASE give us an option to turn off the horrible shoulder camera!
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    UI:
    rori wrote: »
    I know the shoulder camera option wouldn't stay set properly, but it was the only way I had to get the camera close to my character's right shoulder.

I use an Eyefinity setup and the game works well on it for the most part, but it's frustrating how the camera is halfway across the room from my character's shoulder everytime I log in.

If I disabled the shoulder camera, when it popped back on on it's own, the camera would reset to a decent distance and the game was playable. If the option has been outright removed I sure hope there's some other option to set the position of the camera, otherwise shooter mode is going to be unplayable for people on a multi-monitor setup.

Can anyone confirm whether there's some other way to modify the shoulder camera, or if it's locked now?

Wasn't this the option to not have the camera automatically move to over your character's shoulder when zooming in on ground, and instead keep the character centered in the screen like it is when zoomed out more?

If so, I used this, and liked to have my character centered. If that isn't what this option was, how do I change it again so my character is always centered on my screen on the ground, regardless of my zoom level?
  • Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Deprecated... by whom? I loved that feature and never had any problems or bugs with it, either in space or ground. Now we're stuck with our ships and toons smacked right in the middle of the frame.

A stupid change for stupid people that couldn't simply turn it off if they didn't like how it worked. Also and easy way out for devs who couldn't fix it --if it was bugged at al.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tangolight wrote: »
    Wasn't this the option to not have the camera automatically move to over your character's shoulder when zooming in on ground, and instead keep the character centered in the screen like it is when zoomed out more?

Actually it was the other way around. Enabling it would make the camera move to over your character's shoulder. Turn it off and your toon stayed centered on the screen.
    If so, I used this, and liked to have my character centered. If that isn't what this option was, how do I change it again so my character is always centered on my screen on the ground, regardless of my zoom level?

Well, don't worry, it will now stay centered. For good. It is us who liked to actually see the target we are shooting at that get screwed. For me the discovery and use of this featured meant a tremendous increase in my situational awareness in ground combat. I could easily pick and dispatch targets without my toon's head and shoulders getting in the way.

I said it in a previous post and I'll say it again: this change is STUPID.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Now we're stuck with our ships and toons smacked right in the middle of the frame.

No, that's the problem. Now we're stuck with the camera moving off-center when we zoom in, whether we like it or not -- which I do not. I want my character to be in the center, not off to the side.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yulianhua wrote: »
    No, that's the problem. Now we're stuck with the camera moving off-center when we zoom in, whether we like it or not -- which I do not. I want my character to be in the center, not off to the side.

This. The default is for the camera to go over the shoulder and off-center the character. I just made a new Romulan on Tribble and it's like this. I can't get my character to stay centered when I zoomed in like I would prefer.

And in fact, I just logged onto my VA character I had copied over from Holodeck and when I zoom in there, my character also gets pushed over to the left.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I said it in a previous post and I'll say it again: this change is STUPID.

I agree that the change is stupid. We had a choice, now we don't. For those of us who hate having the over-the-shoulder camera, we're stuck with it without the choice to have the camera (and thus our character) centered.

For those of you who like the camera off-center and over-the-shoulder (and you seem to be in this group, maltinpolar -- and there's nothing wrong with that) , that's how it is set now.

We should have the choice to have the camera behave in the way we prefer -- like it was before this option was removed -- not be forced to have it set in a way we do not like.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TRIBBLE has been updated to a new build.
    ST.30.20130510a.0

Romulans:
    [*]Mission rewards for "Installation 18" have been updated:
    [*]Players no longer receive a choice of Piercing Tetryon Weapons.
    [*]They are now given both a Beam Array and Dual Cannons.

Disappointed, I prefer actually having a choice so I can pick based on my build, instead of being given something I don't use so it just goes in the replicator.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tangolight wrote: »
    This. The default is for the camera to go over the shoulder and off-center the character. I just made a new Romulan on Tribble and it's like this. I can't get my character to stay centered when I zoomed in like I would prefer.

Indeed that's the case. Looks like I was confused. I just took this shot on Tribble (patching was fast, btw) after pressing X/C and doing a full zoom in. Everything looks just the way I like it.

Still, it's not fair for those of you who don't like it that way. So even if the change doesn't affect me, I'll stand by my initial statement: this tweak is stupid and totally unnecessary. Everyone should have a choice to customize their UI. Arbitrarily removing that choice is not cool at all.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Found an odd bug, similar to the Romulan's High Yield Torpedoes hitting themselves :P

I'm in the mission of Minefield, merely attacking asteroids with phasers... then right in the middle of the barrage, I get a Phaser System Offline proc outta nowhere. In fact, I've seen this happen several times, including with enemies that don't even use phasers.

It appears that firing our weapons tries to apply that proc to us, somehow :D
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    trek21 wrote: »
    Found an odd bug, similar to the Romulan's High Yield Torpedoes hitting themselves :P

I'm in the mission of Minefield, merely attacking asteroids with phasers... then right in the middle of the barrage, I get a Phaser System Offline proc outta nowhere. In fact, I've seen this happen several times, including with enemies that don't even use phasers.

It appears that firing our weapons tries to apply that proc to us, somehow :D

Known issue, already posted about and replied to. See http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=9822641#post9822641
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013
    getting a little silly now:

space weapon vendor
    http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/closed%20beta/2013-05-10_00039.jpg

hanger vendor
    http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/closed%20beta/2013-05-10_00040.jpg

ground weapon vendor
    http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/closed%20beta/2013-05-10_00041.jpg

I could see all these thing being phaser/fed items if i was allied with the federation, but where are the plasma weapons why do i have to fly out to the flotilla to get plasma weapons and not at New Romulus Command, not even any disruptor weapons :confused:

well at least the dilithium vendor sells disruptor and plasma weapons, oh wait at lvl 21 it won't let you do dailies to earn dilithium
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]