test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, about Valentine's Day...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Can we expect Qpid to show up again with a mission aimed at making a love connection, or has something along this line been worked into the Featured Series?

Just wondering.

:cool:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Bleah, I hope not.

*is not single and bitter at all, honest*
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    hope they have something prepared for it.. even if it just be some fitting present to make to someone.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    All the Party Poppers will start shooting cinnamon hearts.

Guess I may as well start my annual V-Day bout of sour grapes right now. Hallmark holiday! Shameless corporate cash-in! Love as a commodity! Flowers are just the sexual organs of plants!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Soooo... Every male character would wear tights during this event?

That is a rather amusing thought.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You can wear the tights. I'll just find a quiet little corner in Club 47 and enjoy a beer in peace.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    *slight spoiler i guess*

considering the next episode is about investigating thalaron atrocities and the launcher has what appears to be the chard remains of someone im going to guess no to the romantic stuff.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    *slight spoiler i guess*

considering the next episode is about investigating thalaron atrocities and the launcher has what appears to be the chard remains of someone im going to guess no to the romantic stuff.
    Says you.

I would find it very romantic if you were my BF and you left my exes charred bodies on my doorstep. <3
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I don't recall Cryptic doing anything last Valentine's Day. So I'm not expecting them to throw another shindig since we just had the Anniversary Party.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Azurian wrote: »
    I don't recall Cryptic doing anything last Valentine's Day. So I'm not expecting them to throw another shindig since we just had the Anniversary Party.

i think last valentines day the servers were probably crashing. the game has only been out 12 days. i dont think we can judge last year as a base of reference.

but im not expecting anything either.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I have a great idea for an event.

Q-pid shows up and changes us into Cherubs through a love trivia game.

We then get to go to the Fountain of Love and search for our Epic MKXI SoulMates while using our Love-heart party poppers.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You got to be kidding ?????
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i think last valentines day the servers were probably crashing. the game has only been out 12 days. i dont think we can judge last year as a base of reference.

but im not expecting anything either.

When did we ever see Valentines Day celebrated (or even talked about) in any Star Trek series or film? :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Armsman wrote: »
    When did we ever see Valentines Day celebrated (or even talked about) in any Star Trek series or film? :)

Um, the TNG episode Q Pid, which BTW was one of Q's questions for the event. You know, the Robin Hood story?

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    Um, the TNG episode Q Pid, which BTW, was one of Q's questions. You know, the Robin Hood story?

but it was not on valentine day. (or if by sheer coincidence it fell on the 14th of feb, valentines day is not mentioned in the episode.)

the only reference is a clever play on words for Qpid.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Given the choice between nothing and trying to shoehorn in the Trek equivalent of SWG's Ewok Love Festival, I'll take nothing.

Leave annual celebrations for the Game Anniversary, First Contact Day, and Ambassador Picard Day.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Wow, I had no idea Trekkies actually liked, let alone celebrated Valentine's Day! :D

Right, go on and bash me, I deserve it. :p
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Chat wrote:
    Says you.

I would find it very romantic if you were my BF and you left my exes charred bodies on my doorstep. <3

Romance and psychopathy are just two sides of the same coin to you, aren't they? :p
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    Um, the TNG episode Q Pid, which BTW was one of Q's questions for the event. You know, the Robin Hood story?

You mean the one where Q tries to prove to Picard that women are evil and then steals his girfriend?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Valentine Day! what are they going to call for starts because every mmo that i have played have a different name for that day.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Turtlewing wrote: »
    You mean the one where Q tries to prove to Picard that women are evil and then steals his girfriend?

I think that one of the reason i hate Q
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Turtlewing wrote: »

That's about the gist of it.

But the Voyager episode: The Q and the Grey had a love story of sorts that resulted in the conception of Q Jr.. So, I guess Q must have changed his outlook on women at some point.

• Options
    edited February 2011
    navyjames wrote: »
    Romance and psychopathy are just two sides of the same coin to you, aren't they? :p
    I use paper money.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I will be "busy" that day...