What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 4, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    darrellmarks1darrellmarks1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice if you would find times when people aren't trying to utlize the service.
  • Options
    tango2bravotango2bravo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Free Cupcakes ! - Please report with your tribbles and cutesy pets to the nearest airlock.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains! Maintenance is progressing well. More updates as I have them.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    pops70pops70 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We could all head over to some other f2p game, make redshirt toons and wreck the servers on purpose:P

Immature.......yes. But. I. Play. Games.
    Gamer formerly known as Grimbeard. SFC veteran.
  • Options
    cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mazerunner wrote: »
    I suspect the Tribbles ate the NetWork hamster, got fat and popped a wire out of place. Happens all the time.

I just spewed Mountain Dew out of my nose after reading that. Thank you for this lovely burning sensation.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Additional performance optimizations to help avoid the outages we've seen recently :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Too bad you guys didn't realize you needed this before launching Neverwinter.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When the servers crash, I take a shot of tequila.

And everytime someone posts a stop complaining post, I do another shot !

If I can't play the game, I'm gonna party

thecosmic1 wrote: »
    To the 99.999% of the people posting in this thread who have no clue what's really going on in the Server room right now, give it a rest. Does anyone here actually thing Cryptic wanted their system to go down on a weekend? Does anyone here actually believe someone at Cryptic said to themselves: "let's TRIBBLE with all these nerds and see how much rage we can generate from them this weekend by crashing the system Friday and Saturday night!"?

I can assure you that Cryptic is as upset about it as you are. You're losing a few hours of play and instead are watching television. They're losing the thousands of dollars all of you would have been spending. Trust me, the issue is bigger to them then it is to all of you.

It will be fixes as quickly as it is possible to be fixed.

One shot :D

I'm going to need to investigate if you're secretly one of our Engineers posting :P

This sums it up well, though. Having to bring down the network for this maintenance is unfortunate, and we definitely would much rather our games be up, but it's something that's required to help increase network stability to avoid any more outages. We considered every option we could to find an alternative solution, but the only way to get these optimizations in is with this maintenance. We appreciate your understanding, and empathize with you all -- we all play our games too and would rather be in them right along side you all tonight.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    two shot :P
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    And obviously, if you knew anything about computer tech, you'd know they were getting system reports telling them if they didn't take it down and repair it that it was going to eventually crash again. Thus they scheduled time to take it down rather then having it crash at 2 AM.

This isn't the first time they've taken the server down when it was about to crash - and a few of those times it crashed before the time they had scheduled the maintenance.
    three shot, :o
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    Man, if the servers ran on NERDRAGE, they'd never go down ever. Just do what has to be done. I'll watch some Hulu or something, play an old game like M.A.X. for a bit, read a little and then sleep. Morning will look bright and glorious with stable servers and a hot cup of java.

four,

Man, I'm gettin dizzy - hiccup ***
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    tabzentabzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A live web cam in the server room would be cool. On such occasions and crashes we could critique work progress, mannerisms and general worker apparel and appearance.

100% approval for this ... :D
  • Options
    mazerunnermazerunner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cdnhawk wrote: »
    I just spewed Mountain Dew out of my nose after reading that. Thank you for this lovely burning sensation.

That's not what straws are for.

Remember folks:
    Please practice safe consumption of Mountain Dew
    MazeRunner

"Reason notwithstanding, the Universe continues unabated."
  • Options
    tango2bravotango2bravo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

YEA! good news I think.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tabzen wrote: »
    100% approval for this ... :D

I'm surprised someone hasn't posted a link to a video of monkeys beating on computers with sticks.
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That means they have finished connecting all of the wires, and had less than five screws left over. Now they have to turn everything back on and wait for it to load.
  • Options
    metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHEN was this "scheduled" ? When I signed in there was no red banner mentioning this. 3 NIGHTS IN A ROW, plus doing it on the weekend. Infuriating ! I have paid for lifetime, legacy, and many deposits of ZEN and for a third night in May I cannot play (only had 4 days in May see the problem). Get it together and do something for this, especially since you never updated STO players AT ALL last night about the outage.
  • Options
    kyleburgesskyleburgess Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Little redundancy is needed for some of you to think b 4 leaping with your mouth.lol But what you know bout networks and logistics of the whole quantum of things, is get a network and servers for dummies book, or sign up for my online classes. let the ppl do their work and o yeah your diapers and binky is ready when your stop crien over a game being down for a bit. so what you have to endure the real world for a bit. Game on.
    :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainabbadoncaptainabbadon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they make go, i so happy nows. is good things made go. no brokes this time. they so smarty!
  • Options
    thbarnakthbarnak Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    Yet PWE is from china ...:rolleyes:
    p.s . pwe is from China :D

... which is irrelevant to the discussion since the devs, the server and the timezone of the annoucements are in America for the most part.

I always find it very funny when people dismiss others for "whining" on a forum like this. If they had their way, the forum would be a temple for the adoration of the game and its sponsors... which it is not. This is a forum where people can express their discontent as well as their admiration.

Live with it. (and stop whining about the whiners)
  • Options
    matthewboss31matthewboss31 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh the rage is great lol, some people are charging up for a spirit bomb ...... /rage quit lmao
  • Options
    trbblemedictrbblemedic Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mazerunner wrote: »
    I suspect the Tribbles ate the NetWork hamster, got fat and popped a wire out of place. Happens all the time.

Your right, and at this time they are cleaning out the network and trying to cage the tribbles :D:D:D
  • Options
    mrspam404mrspam404 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Little redundancy is needed for some of you to think b 4 leaping with your mouth.lol But what you know bout networks and logistics of the whole quantum of things, is get a network and servers for dummies book, or sign up for my online classes. let the ppl do their work and o yeah your diapers and binky is ready when your stop crien over a game being down for a bit. so what you have to endure the real world for a bit. Game on.
    :D

You picked a good word there, "redundancy". Now go teach that to PWE/Crptic, then maybe we wouldn't have downtime like this. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They could always put up a backup server... something cobbled together from old castoff IBM 8088s and 800 baud modems. Then we could all enjoy STO rendered in ASCII.
  • Options
    godfearlessgodfearless Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what is going on it down again wtf are you guys going Thursday morning Thursday night then Friday night now Saturday night what the hell this is pissing me off fix it the right way. and if THE PERSON CANT FIX IT FIRE THAT PERSON AND GET SOMEONE THAT CAN FIX IT
    THIS IS A BIG WAIST OF MY TIME
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

aloha any word along the lines of perhaps isolating your services more? Games particularly mmo's have issues; we get that. However, the recent trend particularly since the anniversary event that loss of service to one = loss of service to all is symptomatic of a larger problem within ya'lls architecture. That's all we're saying.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a Live Web Cam In The Server Room Would Be Cool. On Such Occasions And Crashes We Could Critique Work Progress, Mannerisms And General Worker Apparel And Appearance.

I Love It !

Rotfwl
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It never ceases to amaze me, no matter what game I play or what company manages it... Whenever things go awry for smooth and consistent game play the outcry is the same for each and every one...

"<Company X> doesn't respect us as customers!!"
    "I'm going back to <Game Y>!!"
    "Give me free stuff!!"
    "How dare you interrupt your service during the times *I* want to use them?!?"

And on and on... Contrary to popular belief no company is 'out to get' their customers. Most companies are actively trying to address the concerns of their customer base but don't always have adequate resources to do so in the turn-around their customers demand (with online games this appears to be "before it was broken in the first place"). Most companies will not go out of their way to interrupt their services at all, let alone during "prime time" (which is an interesting concept for a game played world-wide).

No, I'm not advocating for Cryptic or Perfect World or any company... I'm just saying that going online to the forums and throwing a temper tantrum doesn't specifically help in any way. Your game won't be up any faster, your sense of self-importance won't be any more fulfilled, and you will only have succeeded in sounding like every other spoiled individual in today's "instant gratification" marketplace.

Anywho, yeah... my 2 cents ;) Flame away, as I'm sure you will.

No company is "out to get" their customers????

Have you *heard* of the lawsuits against Big Tobacco? I'm not saying, at all, that Cryptic falls into this category but Americans have been brainwashed for over 30 years that "companies" have their customer's best interest at heart which isn't true. Companies have their customers' *money* as their best interest.

Look at "pink slime" or antibiotic-resistant meats produced in this country and tell me again how companies have this fairy tale-esque care for the welfare of their customers.

I personally don't blame them as corporations have a legal obligation to make profit. That's their function but to act as if there is some morality or concern involved doesn't fit the facts of American business in 2013.
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm surprised someone hasn't posted a link to a video of monkeys beating on computers with sticks.

not monkeys but one of Cryptic's Engineers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZrdrfdAl44

Sorry Brandon just had too!!! :D
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guess PW is allowing me to get some work done tonight. :)
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    what is going on it down again wtf are you guys going Thursday morning Thursday night then Friday night now Saturday night what the hell this is pissing me off fix it the right way. and if THE PERSON CANT FIX IT FIRE THAT PERSON AND GET SOMEONE THAT CAN FIX IT
    THIS IS A BIG WAIST OF MY TIME

And this, kids, is a textbook example of "nerdrage".
  • Options
    hatefuldeadhatefuldead Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They could always put up a backup server... something cobbled together from old castoff IBM 8088s and 800 baud modems. Then we could all enjoy STO rendered in ASCII.
    Ouch!! I still remember the loading time for BBS front-pages back then... (flashbacks to ASCII and Terminal connections hurt!!)
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? Again? 3-4 hours of downtime per days since thursday?
    /notamused
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    trbblemedictrbblemedic Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for the update.
This discussion has been closed.