What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 4, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    chilly1973chilly1973 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GRRR wont be back up till about bedtime for me :( i been busy with RL Stuff all day and only able to play for couple hours max :(
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    started a few min early ? (3 min)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    kidamarkidamar Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @ BranFlakes: for the longest time i have asked for my character to be fixed. Something is wrong with my character itself. I can put on all of my omega, maco, or adapted maco gear [ground sets]. The Server wont register as me having the three piece set equipped. Therefor i get no bonuses like remodulation or team ambush field. my character name is Desys Please have a look and see what is causing his issue thanks.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tahllol wrote: »
    Actually in this case they are taking the servers down themselves which means they want to take it down on a weekend. Obviously they like TRIBBLE and pissing off the players since they do NOTHING to reward us for lost time. If they didn't they would be giving us some type of compensation for the loss of dilithium, ec, and everything else we are losing because of their complete and utter incompetence.
    And obviously, if you knew anything about computer tech, you'd know they were getting system reports telling them if they didn't take it down and repair it that it was going to eventually crash again. Thus they scheduled time to take it down rather then having it crash at 2 AM.

This isn't the first time they've taken the server down when it was about to crash - and a few of those times it crashed before the time they had scheduled the maintenance.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    mazerunnermazerunner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey... While you're in there... Could ya'll fix that lagfest known as Starbase Fleet Defense? Nothing like a space battle in stop motion animation. And I really hope it's worth taking the game offline at 10pm CST on a Saturday night... I was really glad I got off work early and had a little time to get some STO in, then I got the chat notification of woe. =-(

Thanks, now I have an image of SB defense thats like listening to Shatner talk. in. the. original...series.

As for the downtime, hey at least we got notice about it unlike the last two mornings.
    MazeRunner

"Reason notwithstanding, the Universe continues unabated."
  • Options
    ocman1ocman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • Options
    baclimonbaclimon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games and services later tonight, Saturday, May 4th, for maintenance. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 8PM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for 4 hours. The test server will also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is for additional performance optimizations to help avoid the outages we've seen recently.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

UPDATE: We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 8PM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for 4 hours.

I'm not one to pick on issue's on this..but this is getting a bit much. I work in the IT industry and if we had these many outages; There wouldn't be much of work going around :P

Please do your best to ensure proper planning goes on to avoid outages/congestion (due to Neverwinter) likes this.

Thanks,
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So how many pages can we get in four hours? :D
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to need to investigate if you're secretly one of our Engineers posting :P

This sums it up well, though. Having to bring down the network for this maintenance is unfortunate, and we definitely would much rather our games be up, but it's something that's required to help increase network stability to avoid any more outages. We considered every option we could to find an alternative solution, but the only way to get these optimizations in is with this maintenance. We appreciate your understanding, and empathize with you all -- we all play our games too and would rather be in them right along side you all tonight.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I say vanity pets for everyone! It's the only way to be sure we don't harbor ill will after two evenings in a row of no gaming :D

Or did you guys just assume we're all out watching Iron Man 3?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yeay i got kicked out 1 mins ago!!! :P
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or maybe this maintenance is secretly designed to slip more Tal Shiar lockbox goodness in? we know it's there, we can smell that romulan lockbox with the scimitar in it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Noo! The server's down and I barely killed a few borgs... noooo, how will I quest my thirst for borg blood?

nooo.... must.... have... borg... blood!!!

*curls up in a corner sobbing*
  • Options
    grandadmthrawngrandadmthrawn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so i've got to put my own two cents in here.
    No problem, do maintenance, but dont put it slap bang in the middle of a saturday night for all the americans.... or at least NOT at the weekend....
  • Options
    tahlloltahllol Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    And obviously, if you knew anything about computer tech, you'd know they were getting system reports telling them if they didn't take it down and repair it that it was going to eventually crash again. Thus they scheduled time to take it down rather then having it crash at 2 AM.

This isn't the first time they've taken the server down when it was about to crash - and a few of those times it crashed before the time they had scheduled the maintenance.

Actually I know a lot about computer tech, and I understand stuff happens; however, it is a constant issue with Cryptic and their junk breaking or not working properly. Probably time for them to replace their engineers for the servers constant problems, and programers for not fixing the bugs that have been around since release and just keep creating more with each patch.
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there seems to be some speculation that Neverwinter, Champions and STO are on the same "server". While there are shared resources between the various Cryptic games, maintenance on one game does not necessarily mean that all games will undergo maintenance. Similarly, if one game goes down, it does not mean that all games will go down. All Cryptic games and services are affected for this is particular maintenance as we are performing work on network hardware in our data center.
    Brandon =/\=

Yeah right.
  • Options
    nuanilnuanil Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    ocman1 wrote: »
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Same here.
  • Options
    tango2bravotango2bravo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Four hours is too long for maintenance. You've got 30 minutes. Use those whips like you mean it.
  • Options
    gullshadowgullshadow Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wll time to wahtch some TV for awhile.
    U.S.S. Avenger (Battle Cruiser)
    NCC 97500

Fleet Admiral Theron VonShadow Commanding
  • Options
    whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same same
    always same same
  • Options
    towdogtowdog Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nuanil wrote: »
    Same here.

Obviously a conspiracy.
  • Options
    whoami4whoami4 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol I was playing cure and I said bye to my fleet and blew every cube and let kang die lol
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    So how many pages can we get in four hours? :D

Got me some popcorn and Orange Crush. Let the games begin!
  • Options
    lordvenbanelordvenbane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so what is the est down time? if it was posted I missed it. got 30 min notice and almost finished a mission... but didn't. :( just curious if there was a post back up time
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No Gorn jokes yet?
  • Options
    lethallarry1lethallarry1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to need to investigate if you're secretly one of our Engineers posting :P

This sums it up well, though. Having to bring down the network for this maintenance is unfortunate, and we definitely would much rather our games be up, but it's something that's required to help increase network stability to avoid any more outages. We considered every option we could to find an alternative solution, but the only way to get these optimizations in is with this maintenance. We appreciate your understanding, and empathize with you all -- we all play our games too and would rather be in them right along side you all tonight.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ok, no argument there, I grant that if you gotta fix things you gotta fix things - but if the game was still running, albeit not perfectly but still running, then you had a choice as to WHEN to perform said maintenance - so I'm rather baffled as to why you'd choose to do so during peak hours. Or did you guys not have any choice as to the time?
  • Options
    phaserpantsphaserpants Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so i've got to put my own two cents in here.
    No problem, do maintenance, but dont put it slap bang in the middle of a saturday night for all the americans.... or at least NOT at the weekend....

QFT

Should have scheduled it for tomorrow night, since everyone will be watching Game of Thrones anyway. ;)
  • Options
    sekusei28sekusei28 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so I've Got To Put My Own Two Cents In Here.
    No Problem, Do Maintenance, But Dont Put It Slap Bang In The Middle Of A Saturday Night For All The Americans.... Or At Least Not At The Weekend....

Exactly!!!
  • Options
    whoami4whoami4 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4 Hours (too Much!):P
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man, if the servers ran on NERDRAGE, they'd never go down ever. Just do what has to be done. I'll watch some Hulu or something, play an old game like M.A.X. for a bit, read a little and then sleep. Morning will look bright and glorious with stable servers and a hot cup of java.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    recently its being happening alot always when i just about to finish a mission something
This discussion has been closed.