test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

4 May 2013 Server Crash (Resolved!)

Comments

• jazziecakezjazziecakez Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dpglerch wrote: »
    A wise man once told me not to get involved into games that they would rot my brain. Here I am years later staring at the forums waiting for a game to get fixed. I am still not sure about the brain rot, only time will tell. :D

Lol actually in order for your brain to function at it's best you need to constantly use it. Learning game strategies, memorizing game functions, working out how to solve problems, and using mental skill to pass challenges, is better than any crossword or saduko :P
  • kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wait you wont be a subscriber because of the mad red face?????
    here have a happy yellow face and subscribe :)

WE needz ya dont go!!!!!...holds on to leg

if you subscribe ill give ya a big smiling green face like this one :D
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Feel that after last night, and now again tonight, some form of compensation may be in order, but is most likely wishful thinking.......
  • sirwinnersirwinner Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally the launcher shows that the game is down with a message that they are working on it.

Did someone fall asleep on the Keyboard?

Makes one wonder doesn't it?

:/
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chaz200565 wrote: »
    In this case,no its not enough. what good is a free expansion,if the servers keep crashing.

Yeah becasue the servers are always down everyday for days and weeks. :rolleyes:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • drmoxdrmox Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Given the recent spate of server fail and general fail over the years at times...

I'd run away from their offices screaming I suspect having first hand experience on what the acronym "fubar" means. :rolleyes:
  • whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this issss getttting ridiculous its friday now saturday feels like i been waiting whole day
  • bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since I doubt any of us know how much money Cryptic or PWE spent on the server hardware, that's not really an answer. It could just as easily be that they have good hardware, but all the server management skills of a brain damaged Chihuahua.

Thats because they moved me to the basement and took my stapler I told them I'd burn the place to the ground!
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »
    Neverwinter?:P

ok I lol'ed
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirkson2 wrote: »
    -_-... well can i borrow your stuff? except the dil

sure at 20% interest.... lmfao
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wargill wrote: »
    wasn't this joke used yesterday?

The one about the monkeys or the one about the server being down? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wife and I tried TERA, really enjoyed it and its sooo Purdy..shiny. The only other MMO I've tried was COH, which isn't around anymore >.<
  • nightbringer83nightbringer83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bgd3183 wrote: »
    I knew it I'll burn the whole place down!

If my memory is correct their new FPS shares servers with EVE at least partialy. Anyway as far as i know they are amongst companies with best hardware in mmo industry.
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rinkster wrote: »
    Well, clearly the traffic to all of the servers goes through a bottleneck.

It's like saying that different groups in a conference centre meet in different rooms.......but if there's only one door in to the centre then thats where the problems occur.

There appears to be a fundamental problem with Cryptics ability to run so many games at the same time.

The day NW went live, STO's stability began to wobble.

We've now had global, catastrophic failures two nights in a row.

Time to stop pretending there isn't a systemic problem and time to start solving it.
    There is most certainly a systemic problem here. probably several in different categories ( the typical silicon valley development-sales-marketing-support-networking round robin of corporate financial distribution ), but, if PW is pushing the game, doing the sales marketing and advertising for STO, wouldnt that also imply that they are most likely also hosting the servers??
    No matter. either way, your summation appears sound and quite well informed ( i retired ten years ago so my information is just a tad out of date ). it still smacks of poor network design and substandard hardware ( used dell servers running red hat instead of sun blades running solaris )..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »
    Neverwinter?:P

Cheeky Bugger!!!!!:):):)
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since I doubt any of us know how much money Cryptic or PWE spent on the server hardware, that's not really an answer. It could just as easily be that they have good hardware, but all the server management skills of a brain damaged Chihuahua.

Damn, man, that hits deep. My sister had a Chihuahua runt that was brain-damaged, and it died :(
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • texastrekkietexastrekkie Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neverwinter authentication servers had crashed. I assume, STO and Neverwinter servers are connected if not the same...so all cryptic games atm are not responding...

I would think they are connected somehow as my friends' list carries over to all three games as well as chat.
  • noristaenoristae Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Time for groceries, sleep, barbque, or just boilin' up some marconi... I reckon
  • sirwinnersirwinner Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps it is time to sleep and perhaps it will be back after that... maybe.

This gets so damn annoying!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

:mad:
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirkson2 wrote: »
    wait you wont be a subscriber because of the mad red face?????
    here have a happy yellow face and subscribe :)

WE needz ya dont go!!!!!...holds on to leg

if you subscribe ill give ya a big smiling green face like this one :D

lmfao....hmm i'm already a fool, bought lifetime at $300 USD....lol
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    1 minor difference, CCP wasn't TRIBBLE enough to run 3 separate mmo's on some/all shared hardware/archetecture.

All of you missed my point. CCP has on average <5 minutes of downtime per day. They can have in excess of 800 people in one place, altogether, without having lag. My suggestion was for Cryptic to quite literally ask CCP for the server blueprint, then go make their own. Pointing out that Cryptic are cheap, or dumb for running 3 games through one portal is stating the obvious and therefore need not have been said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is purely coincidental, but today happens to be Star Wars Day. What if SWTOR is manipulating the Cryptic servers with the force?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server down again due to Revenge of the Sith?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The one about the monkeys or the one about the server being down? O.o

haha both! well played...
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • drmoxdrmox Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Be glad that this isn't the mirror universe
    or someone would be going to the booth for starting this thread

If this were the Mirror Universe we would be lavished with many gifts and much information and apology, however on second thought if this were the Mirror Universe then STO would still be with Cryptic as a Sub only game with a following greater than WoW! AND no server issues whatsoever...probably owned by Carlsberg too ^^
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Split the servers and have several (Uk/western europe, USA , Eastern europe, asia , australia etc)
    put NW and Sto on different servers
    Live long and Prosper
  • mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's still the answer. If you can't run your own ****, you hire someone who can.
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Damn, man, that hits deep. My sister had a Chihuahua runt that was brain-damaged, and it died :(

Sorry for your loss. Do you know where Cryptic keep us all updated about what the hell is going on with the servers? Like a proper update page or something? Or are we supposed to trawl the whole place for answers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and now its down again
    Live long and Prosper
  • pinkrikerpinkriker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirwinner wrote: »
    Perhaps it is time to sleep and perhaps it will be back after that... maybe.

This gets so damn annoying!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

:mad:

you'll be in bed thinking as soon as you close your eyes the server will start
This discussion has been closed.