test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

4 May 2013 Server Crash (Resolved!)

Comments

• coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no, can,t get on....but nevermind....these posts are far more entertaining than the actual game anyway....:D:D
  • bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    eh..I'll go play Amnesia while im waiting.....*jumps at a shadow* what was that...*sees a giant tribble roll out* I found the power source!!!
    I think that Skul guy took my stapler in our fleet room....
  • sirwinnersirwinner Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Second time in 2 days that the servers crashed... hope that today's down time will be very short.

Been waiting all week for this weekend to play hard.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

:mad:
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could someone point me in the direction of the thread where they explain the reasoning behind putting Neverwinter onto the same game server as STO please? Because until I see it written down by a member of staff, I can't honestly believe any company could possibly be that stupid. Thanks :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I remember back when they released Season 3 and one of the developers admitted the servers crashed because they ran out of memory from all the error popup windows. I almost peed a little when I read that. :)
    How about replacing your operating system on the servers (Windows assumingly) with something more suited for servers? You don't need a UI to run compiled server C code and there are dozens of Unix/BSD versions that's been around decades before Microsoft existed and has the stability and performance needed for this.
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirkson2 wrote: »
    Bye..Can I Haz your stuff?

oh and hmm..not leaving the game.....just not paying Cryptic any more real life cash for a broken game......i will still kill the BORG lol hahahaha
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    would people stop lieing and tell the truth, when little red dot in the loader screen means its down. the little green light means its up

and FYI it also says its down under the pic of a rom and the log in
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice to see they update Neverwinter a game in beta, but the game that has been running for three years and not a word from them.

Us STO players need to voice our concerns to them via our wallet and not buy until they pick their act up and treat us fairly and not like second class citizens to the Neverwinter first class citizens.

Looking at that title under your name and mine, they already have our money ;)
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bgd3183 wrote: »
    I think that Skul guy took my stapler in our fleet room....

HEHEH...ofc i did XD

its because that tribble was always missing the roll call to get on the tuffli XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    we need to put the server nice ice box perhaps if they want to over run it..... although it seems like they may be getting better at fixing it.
  • kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -_-... well can i borrow your stuff? except the dil
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • madaleinmadalein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice to see they update Neverwinter a game in beta, but the game that has been running for three years and not a word from them.

Us STO players need to voice our concerns to them via our wallet and not buy until they pick their act up and treat us fairly and not like second class citizens to the Neverwinter first class citizens.

we should rebel against the neverwinter upstarts! drag them from their homes and hang em in the streets!

*hands out pitchforks*
  • squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I remember back when they released Season 3 and one of the developers admitted the servers crashed because they ran out of memory from all the error popup windows. I almost peed a little when I read that. :)
    How about replacing your operating system on the servers (Windows assumingly) with something more suited for servers? You don't need a UI to run compiled server C code and there are dozens of Unix/BSD versions that's been around decades before Microsoft existed and has the stability and performance needed for this.

Or you could use the Mac OS instead. If you used that your servers would be on Alpha Centauri by now instead of Mars! I read that somewhere.
  • hsm2k4hsm2k4 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chaz200565 wrote: »
    Yet again the server has crashed. what is going on there????
    The player base has been very patient,yet theres more problems yet again.
    CRYPTIC, How about giving us all some generous free good will gestures,to keep the player base on this game.
    Cheaper projects.
    Dilithium cap substantially increased.
    All projects completed to be instantly available and no more waiting days on end.
    More realistic affordable prices.
    As for that legacy pack at $125??? Cryptic you must be mad.
    Its way overpriced.

Maybe they could give us some kind of goodies in-game to make up for these crashes like a new ship called the U.S.S. I survived the server crashes!
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Also, for the love of god, this ^. Go speak with CCP games about how they manage their systems, they've got ten years of experience in running a single shard persistent gaming universe, perhaps they could offer some advice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    Hey eveyone...try posting my my "Financial Support thread" it seems all Cryptic will listen to is money....lets all take ours somewhere else...maybe they will listen to us then??

Too logical though maybe if someone finds my stapler I'll give them a call I could use the work lol.
  • oowoonoowoon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    madalein wrote: »
    we should rebel against the neverwinter upstarts! drag them from their homes and hang em in the streets!

*hands out pitchforks*

Set phasers to kill.
    edited May 2013
    How would you resolve the server being down?
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5:36 PM Korea Time - I was in game using the tailor when the game DC'd me. I try to log back in and get the "waiting for server to respond" failure message. Did all the things everyone did and still cannot get back into game.

I do not understand how so many tech problems arise when game updates are suppose to fix the problem. :confused:

5:41 - the techs must have figured it out and now are working on the game.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear Mr.Cryptic,

I had just opened a Dominion lock box and won a Jem'Hadar Dreadnought the very second the game went down. So if you could reimburse me one in case it doesn't show up later, I'd appreciate it.
  • mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can promise you, PWE is making a free gesture in your direction. It even comes with a smile.
  • draggothdraggoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm from europe here, so it aint realy sleepy time, kinda anoys me if this is going to take the whole day since its 11:00 mid day here. Hope they get it back up before midnight my time or i would get realy upset.

Alas ill just have to find something else to do meanwhile :(
  • begeracbegerac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also, for the love of god, this ^. Go speak with CCP games about how they manage their systems, they've got ten years of experience in running a single shard persistent gaming universe, perhaps they could offer some advice.

Answer is:

STOP BEING CHEAP
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Be glad that this isn't the mirror universe
    or someone would be going to the booth for starting this thread
    Live long and Prosper
  • mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dark4blood wrote: »
    Over 30+ minutes before the server even updated to say it was down, and now they realize. I understand they live in California, but there should always be someone on duty making sure the servers are at least up. Pretty slow response, really.

hahahaha they still will not admit that they have a problem though. <.< >.> maybe they should look at sucessful mmo's and see what they are doing that cryptic is not... and woot woot in the last 24 hours i gained a level in here
  • oowoonoowoon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By replacing the server hamsters with tribbles on Raktajino.
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LMAO Squatsauce, you are 2 for 2 :D
  • mattyou4mattyou4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "can not connect to login server" pfff
    edited May 2013
    I thought Tribbles..but i could be wrong
  • kumozetsumeikumozetsumei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coresystem wrote: »
    Long night shift.....loaded game up.....ping....you [DELETED]..[CENSORED]..[DELETED]..[CENSORED]..[DELETED]..[CENSORED]..[DELETED]..[CENSORED]..[DELETED]..[CENSORED]..[DELETED]..[CENSORED]..[DELETED]..I [CENSORED]..[DELETED]..[CENSORED]..[DELETED]..[CENSORED]..because you [DELETED]..[CENSORED]..[DELETED]..[CENSORED]..and you [DELETED]..[CENSORED]..and I will [DELETED]..[CENSORED]..[DELETED]..[CENSORED]..[DELETED]..[CENSORED]..[DELETED]..[CENSORED]..thats all I have to say!

omg i cant stop laughing
This discussion has been closed.