test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

4 May 2013 Server Crash (Resolved!)

Comments

• stuf86stuf86 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everything is back now, apparently.. let's hope it stays that way.
  • hawksscreamhawksscream Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noristae wrote: »
    Impressive,

Crashed again.

Cryptic Launcher AutoUpdate... Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 2 times.

We are not amused, and for some reason, glad I didn't shell out for lifetime membership if the stability is so very very poor. Going to have to cancel that sub at this rate.

Started off impressed with the system, setup, and layout, around a content that I have an interest in. 3 weeks of Thursday each week and now all of Thursday and again on Saturday. Just not amused.

C'est la vie.

Just when I was considering buying a lifetime, already had bought three months after coming back from a long, long break. But two crashes in as many nights is making me think it's not worth it.
    3560177.jpg
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »
    Update from NW forumsQuote:
    Update 1 (1:25AM PDT): We believe we may have identified the issue that has caused the server outage and are looking into a solution. Thanks for waiting!:

We believe we may...that doesn't sound so reassuring:(
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coresystemcoresystem Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I personally think they are waiting to get 250 pages of threats and insults before putting the plug back in :)
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey eveyone...try posting my my "Financial Support thread" it seems all Cryptic will listen to is money....lets all take ours somewhere else...maybe they will listen to us then??
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stuff's back online, but kinda sluggish. . .I can't get past the login server.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nithanath wrote: »
    The website still claims that the server is up. Man, they are slow...

lolol it was four hours yesterday that the server was down before that was updated
  • ensignsenatiensignsenati Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets all log in at one time and crash it again!
    edited May 2013
    Whats a Mac ?
  • squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stuff's back online, but kinda sluggish. . .I can't get past the login server.

Same. Still, progress and all.
  • valgradevalgrade Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Should have sold it to Bioware.
    Pre-EA BioWare, yes. Now I wouldn't trust EAWare to dissect a fish.
  • sirwinnersirwinner Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch server seems to be back up but now seeing "Connecting to the Login Server..." then after a little while drops back to a login screen.

Seems that the Web Site work affected the Star Trek Online Servers too.

DOH!

:(
  • kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    OK Cryptic...you have 1 hour to get this game working right...or i will pull all my financial support from this game and spend it elsewhere (might want to check how much i spend per month lol) .....this is 2 days in a row that you have killed your servers....i'm an IT tech...this is unacceptable, and your your player base is getting tired of it....get a clue already......hmmm. sigh...ok.. i'll take a deep beath now....pant pant pant.....ok...better now....but dang....get it fixed lol

Bye..Can I Haz your stuff?
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic Admin............. I think someone took my stapler if I have to move again I'll burn this place to the ground....
  • squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coresystem wrote: »
    Whats a Mac ?

A magical computer that thinks it's better than the Linux kernal it's built on, is assembled by sweat shop laborers, and costs 3 times more than it has any right to.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would not say no to a small compensation...(Zen/lobi dicount?) i mean, seriously? 9h downtime within 40 hours?
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hm, Chatserver is back up and working, now the rest:)
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eh..I'll go play Amnesia while im waiting.....*jumps at a shadow* what was that...*sees a giant tribble roll out* I found the power source!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • therealqmastertherealqmaster Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    It's a hardware only issue if you have sufficient architecture for your current load. Running 3+ mmo's (witch happen to be the most resource intensive[server side] genre around) on the same backbone is just stupid and gets one predictable results.

I wonder why they're doing it this way? Is the C-store not throwing off enough cash to afford a decent, cleanly seperated server system? I trust they could get the architecture right easily enough if they had the hardware ...
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone calm down and meditate for a minute
    its up but half a million people are trying to log in

just relax and wait
    Live long and Prosper
  • cojak70cojak70 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    " the server is down we are working on resolving some issues" yah think a pakled could have told us that
    edited May 2013
    Ah, thanks was wondering, I heard somewhere it was a really expensive calculator with little or no software :)
  • mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A wise man once told me fix it right the first time and the problem will go away but patch and slap jobs will always do you more harm then good....
  • hawksscreamhawksscream Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think this is a good sign to get some shut eye.
    3560177.jpg
  • ztrl1ztrl1 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All the people on TOR used the 4th
    Some people buy Tier 6 ships and expect to win. Other people buy Tier 6 ships and are Tier 6 pilots.
    ~Tear
  • hsm2k4hsm2k4 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about it Cryptic? The man is on to something here... right now your not doing so well on the customer appreciation list that's for sure.
  • texastrekkietexastrekkie Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok!! Now when I try to log in I get the log in screen with a message that it is down and they are working on it. Yay!!!!
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sure you can...but doubt you can handle more than EC cap and what about my 200 k Dil?? i can't transfer that hahaha
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice to see they update Neverwinter a game in beta, but the game that has been running for three years and not a word from them.

Us STO players need to voice our concerns to them via our wallet and not buy until they pick their act up and treat us fairly and not like second class citizens to the Neverwinter first class citizens.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come On...................
This discussion has been closed.