• kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yay
    wait 20%....meep

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure most remember chief engineer scott of the uss enterprise.
    I know hes gone now,but surely he had an understudy engineer.
    Bring back the spirit of Scotty.
  • squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Other MMO's to try:

RaiderZ: Actiony, grindy, pretty.
    Tera: Same
    Dungeons and Dragons Online: Robust character creation, decent mechanics, well-done F2P
    Lord of the Rings Online: Hobbits with banjos are healers for some reason.
    Dungeon Fighter Online: Online 2D beat-em-up.
    EVE Online: Space Douchebagerry
    Arcane Legends: Looks kinda like Torchlight, plays kinda like diablo.
    Pirate 101: Flying pirates and kung-fu cranes. Super kid-friendly.
    DC Universe Online: Play as any number of Batman ripoffs.
    World of ********: Who even knows?

There are tons of others, but that's a list of decent enough ones that are free to at least try out.
  • stunnednukestunnednuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can't really blame Cryptic for everything, for all you know there might be a power outage at the datacentre. What do you want them to do? Get in the car, plug the power cable back in and pop home?!?

I've donated 19 EUROS for a Dreadnought Cruiser (just love the scene on TNG), which I am gladly playing. The reason they want money is for working their backsides off coding this game most of their time, and your moaning about 1 - 2 hour outage?

At least be grateful for the game, they have a whole staff team coding it, I just can't wait for Legacy Of Romulus.
  • theftbottheftbot Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    OK Cryptic...you have 1 hour to get this game working right...or i will pull all my financial support from this game and spend it elsewhere (might want to check how much i spend per month lol) .....this is 2 days in a row that you have killed your servers....i'm an IT tech...this is unacceptable, and your your player base is getting tired of it....get a clue already......hmmm. sigh...ok.. i'll take a deep beath now....pant pant pant.....ok...better now....but dang....get it fixed lol

Honestly if the server never went down we would never get comedy gold posts like this! I wish it went down more often.
  • jazziecakezjazziecakez Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirwinner wrote: »
    Perhaps it is time to sleep and perhaps it will be back after that... maybe.

This gets so damn annoying!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

:mad:

At least you have sleep as a choice... I went to bed early and woke up at 3am. I thought "Hey let me get some Star Trek gaming in before my day starts." Barely got any gaming in before I got disconnected... Now I stuck here reading threads to keep my interest.... Sleeping sounds so good right now.
    edited May 2013
    ok...Now

OK..now

Ok..now????

:confused: and so on....
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All of you missed my point. CCP has on average <5 minutes of downtime per day. They can have in excess of 800 people in one place, altogether, without having lag. My suggestion was for Cryptic to quite literally ask CCP for the server blueprint, then go make their own. Pointing out that Cryptic are cheap, or dumb for running 3 games through one portal is stating the obvious and therefore need not have been said.

well it is comparing apples to oranges kinda. Your talking about comparing one of the mmo industry leaders [CCP} against one of the industries red-headed step children {CRYPTIC}. They will likely NEVER share similar hardware/infrastructure investment strategies...ever
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since Neverwinter is the new flavor for PWE/Cryptic, that is where they have been posting their status messages. Supposedly they also have a Twitter and/or Facebook page too, but I stay away from those sites.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Buy new servers, separate all Cryptic games, get new ISP, fire the person who said it would be a good idea to put NW Beta on the STO server. Get drunk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • kryznixkryznix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Servers are down again? I understand this is a free to play game, but I also know many people, myself included who pay a monthly fee to play and spend money in the C-store regularly.

As a paying customer I am pretty disappointed with the service the past couple of weeks, when I am able to log in Ive had severe lag at times, multiple disconnections every day, and experienced the rubber banding issue frequently. Now on top of those issues we have the servers crashing everyday?

Maybe if nothing else you could run servers dedicated to this game alone for paying customers.

Its a shame there are many very good online games, this one included and I have left many due to unresolved issues. I hope that Perfect World / Cryptic realizes the severity of these issues and will be addressing them and compensating paying players adequately for the inconveniences.
    edited May 2013
    more than twice in less than 24 hrs??/ you are one brave soul :P
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dpglerch wrote: »
    hmm still have yet seen anything that states they are working on it. must be beer 30 there

Look on the front page.
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oK,,i think Bran is in bed by now....so yawn...nothing will get fixed until tomorrow morning...so i think i will just go to bed....yawn.....so much for LoR...it will just crash the servers even worse......sigh...sigh....sigh...
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • draggothdraggoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait what happened! i had 3 games running, each requiring 4 gigs of ram and now my dead beat machine says its out of memory ......argh, .............and i have 4 gigs in that thing how can that be?????

Seriously no matter how big a server you got running you should not run more then one game on it, cos if you run say 3 and 1 of them crashes, its gona take your whole system and thus all 3 down, thats what happens to our own computers if i try running battlefield 3, Farcry 3 and something like the latest Crysis at the same time, no matter how much ram i got :eek:

I do hope none is actualy that dumb.

Ranting aside, just hope they fix it soon.
  • mattyou4mattyou4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry for your loss. Do you know where Cryptic keep us all updated about what the hell is going on with the servers? Like a proper update page or something? Or are we supposed to trawl the whole place for answers?

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=sto-patch-notes
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since I play for free like most everyone else does, I recon we will get free days added to the end of our current billing cycle. If you do have a sub or are lifetime, based on $15 per month, you have lost 50 cents so far in play time paid for. That's worth less than the day's worth of dilithium you likely missed even in this whacked exchange. If they want to make a gesture of good will toward me, they can tape the extension cord running from the server to the power strip across the room down so whoever the clumsy person is quits tripping on it and pulling it out of the socket.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • bleapsbleaps Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    give me my game back cryptic ! :mad:

"If we were all using macs, we'd be selling fresh air to each other by now "
  • stuf86stuf86 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A free expansion, that's going to be live in three weeks, on the same server as a new game going through open beta and then being released on the same server.

NW is going to be very popular, as will LoR. This is a sign of things to come if Cryptic don't fix this before those releases.

As for compensation, lifting the dil cap for a while is a great idea. It's not going to cost them anything and it buys some form of appreciation from their customers - who at the moment aren't terribly impressed.
  • fineaswine1975fineaswine1975 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just makes me want to chuck my mouse at the screen hahahahah AAHAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I fully support the last posting especially the last comment. Tried to download NW yesterday but immediately sto got sooo bad lags that i had to turn the download of to keep playing.
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mattyou4 wrote: »

yuppers good sever availability info there....wait
  • raiderrob67raiderrob67 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Beer 30 seems likely as any other reason. and I thought facebook games were wonky! if this game were not so addictive I wouldn't be as upset by the stupidity of putting more than one game on the same server!
  • ausfire66ausfire66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Startrek Online is currently Offline. We are currently working to resolve the issue."

STO = StarTrek Offline :P
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    oK,,i think Bran is in bed by now....so yawn...nothing will get fixed until tomorrow morning...so i think i will just go to bed....yawn.....so much for LoR...it will just crash the servers even worse......sigh...sigh....sigh...

servers are back up, for the moment
    ::sigh:: i spoke too soon.. but at least they are working on it.
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dpglerch wrote: »
    hmm still have yet seen anything that states they are working on it. must be beer 30 there

:O they spillered the beer on the server!!!!
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If we want 200 pages, we might have to pick up the pace :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stuf86 wrote: »
    A free expansion, that's going to be live in three weeks, on the same server as a new game going through open beta and then being released on the same server.

NW is going to be very popular, as will LoR. This is a sign of things to come if Cryptic don't fix this before those releases.

As for compensation, lifting the dil cap for a while is a great idea. It's not going to cost them anything and it buys some form of appreciation from their customers - who at the moment aren't terribly impressed.

No. Terrible idea.

Some people are sitting on HUGE quantities of unrefined dilithium while others have very little to refine. And even if you took all that ore and spread it out evenly among the playerbase, you'd still see a MASSIVE system breakdown in the dilithium exchange.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since Neverwinter is the new flavor for PWE/Cryptic, that is where they have been posting their status messages. Supposedly they also have a Twitter and/or Facebook page too, but I stay away from those sites.

The only reason we haven't been getting updates to the STO twitter feed is because Branflakes isn't going to roll off the top of his woman to TRIBBLE around with his smartphone. The NW community shill, OTOH, has plenty of time between rolling for saves with his broskis to update.
  • mattyou4mattyou4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry for your loss. Do you know where Cryptic keep us all updated about what the hell is going on with the servers? Like a proper update page or something? Or are we supposed to trawl the whole place for answers?
    daskippa wrote: »
    yuppers good sever availability info there....wait

o.0 ok try http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online
This discussion has been closed.