What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

4 May 2013 Server Crash (Resolved!)

Comments

• gallowsbait1gallowsbait1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    servers are back up, for the moment

No, they aren't. The MMO Status website may think so, but you still timeout logging in.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do you get when you run Neverwinter and Star Trek Online through the same network?

Never Online. :P
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 little server crashes and the star trek philosophy goes out the window..so much for getting visits from alien races and making first contact we as a species just aint ready....:(:o
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • blaumkerblaumker Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server Status Updates

Hey everyone!

We're aware that the servers are inaccessible at the moment and are investigating. Thanks for bearing with us!

We'll update this post with more info as soon as we have it.

Thanks again!

Update 1 (1:25AM PDT): We believe we may have identified the issue that has caused the server outage and are looking into a solution. Thanks for waiting!
    Update 2 (1:37AM PDT): We are making excellent progress and are working to bring the servers back up as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!
    Update 3 (1:51AM PDT): We are going through the necessary steps to bring the shards online and ensure stability. Thanks for sticking with us!

Pasted from the Neverwinter forum---seems they have a Dev Tracker category on that one. Original post was from 12:58 today, but I can't make sense of the time zones used since the forums are different from the servers that are different from...um, where I am, so I get jet lag just fishing for info.
  • pakledworldpakledworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We won't get jack as usual so don't even bother asking, we are not that important to them...
    Pakled World Entertainment: Looking for things to make STO go since 2011.

We have found it: General Server Stability. We are strong now...
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nagrom7 wrote: »
    If we want 200 pages, we might have to pick up the pace :D

in 10ish hrs or so that PR stunt is supposed to start on Raptr. Plenty of time to drive the page count up before they start panicing
  • fineaswine1975fineaswine1975 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AAHHHH Captian iam going as fast as i can i cant take much more of this ****!!!!!!!!!!! lmao
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmmm...makes me wonder how sto managed the 3 year anniversary a couple months back :P

that or they were lying about the number of players on at once time hahaah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A generous amount of free Zen for gold players would be nice...
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stuf86 wrote: »
    A free expansion, that's going to be live in three weeks, on the same server as a new game going through open beta and then being released on the same server.

NW is going to be very popular, as will LoR. This is a sign of things to come if Cryptic don't fix this before those releases.

As for compensation, lifting the dil cap for a while is a great idea. It's not going to cost them anything and it buys some form of appreciation from their customers - who at the moment aren't terribly impressed.

Agreed there. Very well said.
  • coldfusion2012coldfusion2012 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have worked all week too have a rainy Saturday blast on sto my chillax time any idea when i can start this ?
    IT'S WORSE THAN THAT IT'S A GAME JIM
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mattyou4 wrote: »

I kinda did mean an update page for today, rather than the patchnotes page. All I've seen from Cryptic about this is a crappy text box on the front page that says "****s on fire yo, we's tryin to fix it".

Which tells us absolutely nothing we didn't already know, gives us no time frame and little hope that anyone at Cryptic knows whats going on, what they're doing or even cares what its customers think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, since it's not going to be fixed and I'm tired, this guy is going to go to bed (2 am PDT currently). Enjoy building this thread up guys!

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    edited May 2013
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    hmmm...makes me wonder how sto managed the 3 year anniversary a couple months back :P

that or they were lying about the number of players on at once time hahaah

Never said they were online long.... ;)
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do you get when you run Neverwinter and Star Trek Online through the same network?

Lol:D, I might add to my sig at some point:)
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labrat66 wrote: »
    just to let you guys know that yesterday the server went down cause 1 of the fans in the server overheated and broke off and server got to hot and was on fire ...thats why it took so long to get back online ...why the server is offline agian i have no clue but think there replacing the server agian or another fire at cryptic lmao

Where in the hell are you getting that from?? 99.9% sure that definitely wasn't from an official source. In fact the only thing that was stated about the crash yesterday from Branflakes was that there was a hardware failure.

Chances are whatever component failed yesterday caused more damage or damaged another component causing that one to fail tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am i one of the people who are worried when LOR lands we wont get to play for more than a hour at a time B4 things crash lol
    JtaDmwW.png
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I wish there was a like button for STO forum posts :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I kinda did mean an update page for today, rather than the patchnotes page. All I've seen from Cryptic about this is a crappy text box on the front page that says "****s on fire yo, we's tryin to fix it".

Which tells us absolutely nothing we didn't already know, gives us no time frame and little hope that anyone at Cryptic knows whats going on, what they're doing or even cares what its customers think.

Jan 2013?

Welcome to Cryptic. It's called that for a reason. They'll let you know when the servers are back up after they're back up. That's the best you can hope for, as far as an explanation goes.
  • jonathan#1031 jonathan Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, I recall during the Atari Days,

The chat servers were down, and the realm servers remained up. So I think the game runs on atleast two servers. Chat and Game Play.... From what I recall is that login servers are also a different server than Game play, because they were doing maintainence on the login servers and players were informed that login would not be possible during the maintenance....

So probably this:

Login to Account Server (Not sure if its shared)
    Chat on a Global Chat Server (All cryptic chatter)
    Realm servers for the game play.... (Potentially shared)

but, I probably only have speculation... and intellectual property would probably limit their staff from telling us.
    <|>< . . . <z^>< . . . <zX^>< <( (..) )> oO(There's always a bigger Fish in the sea.)
  • kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pushes the vulcan into the overheating radiation chamber..maybe this will help....
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • kryznixkryznix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

ROFLMAO!

what sucks is apparently this is true :(
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never said they were online long.... ;)

hahah yeah..thats true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Too many threads now its pushing everything important off the first page

Everything that important is stickied. Everything else is just current chatter, server outage is a very current issue.

Any online game forum is the same with an outage, getting on your high horse about it won't change anything.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Star Trek Online is currently offline"

Well put it online then !
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would suggest you all play minecraft. Before you know it it will be the 21st and we can all come together back here to complain about the download time or that the romulans arent green enough.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been compensated, I get to read all the hilarious posts in the threads that have sprung up since the servers went down.

Some of it is comedy gold, if that's not sufficient compensation then I don't know what is :P
  • dbk3dbk3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pffff.... they don't even update the twitter page

https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame
  • infydelinfydel Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    four times in two days it's been down for more than a couple of hours :(
    Vulcans are MEAN
  • whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats it its 2am here im going to sleeeep ahhhhh
This discussion has been closed.