What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Legacy of Romulus Uniform Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rather than post it all again, I thought I'd 'Quote-Me-Own-Post-Dibbler' and reinforce what's still banjoed in the Tailor/Character Creator:
    tmichc wrote: »
    Well, here's some more feedback on the character creator/tailor (following the 22/04 patch):

- The strange colour palette differences between left and right gauntlet are still there. Here's a couple of screenshots to illustrate what I mean: Right gauntlet, Left gauntlet.

- On some occasions (but not all), the colours will get linked together, so that changing the 1st colour of the trousers (for example) will change the first colour of the rest of the outfit. This also applies to boots changing the colour of the chest gear, and other circumstances. Here's some pics to illustrate this problem: Trousers linked to jacket, Boots linked to trim and chest gear
    (The colour linking seems to only happen to my bridge officers, not my captain. However, the colour palettes are still different between left & right vambraces)

- Initial character creator is also somewhat dark and moody for some reason, making it difficult to see what my character looks like. Character creation screen.

- None of my Romulans (character or Romulan BOffs) have access to the Winter Jackets. My new 'ally' BOff, on the other hand, does. This is somewhat annoying as the Romulan contact on Drozana is wearing a short black winter jacket. I was hoping to make my character can look like this. :D

- Edit: my male BOffs (I have yet to get it on my male character) have the problem others have mentioned of the Tal Shiar uniform being an amorphous blob before the correct map is selected.

Tim

Tim
  • Options
    soltic2soltic2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes my uniform is clipping with the Fed. Romulan Uniform, The boots are showing thruogh the pants of my Romulan near the knees and only at the sides.Or that least near them.
  • Options
    acermul22acermul22 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone know why i cant change the secondary option from the visor 2 ? i have only the metal option
  • Options
    shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reman toons are able to use the Nemisis outfit
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New shoulder pads... not really into these very much. They stick up too far! They look more like cheese wedges than any kind of insignia.

Also, so far the colors don't work too well - on the Captain (should be Commander), there is no way to set the back 'tail' color.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok first I just want to say the costume people have done a bang up job over all. While a lot of other things are really stressing me out at least the clothes are great.

My comment though is about my kit.

Im Tac and I just upgraded my kit. The lights on it are red. would love for them to be green or cyan. The rest of the outfit is a bit generic which is fine for what it is. Changing the lights would just push it a bit more romulan. And better match my gun and tricorder etc.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The art team is doing a great job with the uniforms/costumes despite the early bugs.

On a related note, I hope one of the art team devs noticed this thread about an error with the upcoming 23rd Century (TOS) Romulan uniform:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=649291
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the concept of the captain shoulderpads but when you are at an angle they look very odd.

Its just too chunky on the shoulder.

From behind and straight on it looks fine
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the concept of the captain shoulderpads but when you are at an angle they look very odd.

Its just too chunky on the shoulder.

From behind and straight on it looks fine

At VA you get a cape...i think i found selas cape maker he is the cardi on ESD :P
  • Options
    clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This may not, perhaps, be the right thread, so please feel free to move or even delete the comment here.

But, when we are able to finally change/update the character's uniform to match the Rom Rep, we should be able to do the same with the BOffs - the crew have ALL decided to join the Republic, after all, and my toon is walking round in uniform, but surrounded by BOffs who look like all their good clothes were in the wash or something! Would they not have been given uniforms as well?

I'm hoping that the ability to re-clothe my crew is simply disabled right now during the beta testing, but will be active and possible at LoR launch - I was able to change everything on my Fed and Klink BOffs, respectively, at Level 1!

Hope, hope, hope...:)
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you choose a vest, you can't use the Romulan Federation options on your wrist attach right.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why does the female option not include sleeves? And why dos the male one not have a no sleeve option?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The "Scarf/Cape" on the captains shoulder pad has clipping issues if your weapon is on your back.

But i luv, luv luv it and would rather deal with clipping issues than not have it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Upgraded my kit to SubAdmiral version

MAJOR clipping issues with most Romulan uniform parts.

Also is Fed colored - bright blue and red.

I might suggest that those visuals are disabled like they are for KDF if we arent getting a Rom Specific set. And I dont see anyway to resolve the clipping issues since we have shoulder pads and chest pieces and belts and accessories out the wazzu that Fed characters dont have to deal with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pfreeman wrote: »
    All the characters in game seem to have very blurry uniforms to me. It makes it very hard to adjust them in the tailor. I've tried playing with all the varrious video settings but nothing seems to make them crisper. There are part of the uniforms which are good, but the bulk of the uniforms aren't.
    screenshot_2013-05-01-13-06-27.jpg
    screenshot_2013-05-01-13-05-25.jpg
    screenshot_2013-05-01-13-06-10.jpg

peter

That's a strange bug, it seems like it's only affecting your character at close range. The NPC in the back seem fine.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any news about the female Tal Shiar uniform laking additional chest piece that male characters have?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The male Romulan has access to the Romulan Republic undershirts while wearing the Romulan federation upper. This is an option NOT available to female characters.

Also there seems to be an issue with some of the heads. In some cases they are not aligning right with the neck.

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww336/Wilv79/STO/screenshot_2013-05-07-16-37-17_zps24b1828d.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    1) Once you get the scarves and cargo pockets off the bridge crew they actually has cool outfts! The issue is that their "default" top has a special and limited color pallate. It doesnt play well with the pants options. Found either I had to have mismatched colors or just put everyone in black. Color palattes should match IMO

2) Stippled pants is not a choice. Dont know if it shows up later but its a standard pant for Fed and KDF. would love to have it for Roms too please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    morkargh117morkargh117 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Tal Shiar uniform is also missing a belt.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Seems like some Klingon aligned accessories are missing. Like chest pieces.

There is something called Romulan Suspenders. I havent seen it before and dont want to see them again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tovan has some clipping issues with his belt if you place him in the romulan republic uniform jacket 1 or 2,,

and where is my good hair? why did i get twilight 1 or twilight 2 for hairstyle options but not the darn hair that was in the sketches i could have sworn thats what wed be getting...gaaarh

color palettes need some more adjusting to give us more color options or keep them the same imo...plus i still have 4 boxes showing for hair colors, belt colors, skirt colors, and yet no changes for them just the first box color shows only.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    thehavrahathehavraha Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Possible to have the male's "Romulan" eyebrows for the ladies?

I don't know how it would look but I wouldn't mind seeing it as a possibility, maybe. Unless it looks really gawd awful I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am a Cheestah.
    Check out my Foundry missions
    Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
    KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've compiled a list of hairstyles that are broken.

New Styled elegant f, M & F combed back, drawn back pony m.

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww336/Wilv79/STO/screenshot_2013-05-08-01-55-05_zpsb0598522.jpg

Further more, I would like to request that Romulan hairstyles be made available for Vulcans. Specifically speaking, Romulan 02 (M&F) and Romulan 03 f. We see Vulcan NPCs using these hairstyles already and I can't see what the point is in blocking them for players but allowing them for NPCs of the same species.

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww336/Wilv79/screenshot_2013-05-08-02-11-41_zpsa053f2dc.jpg
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure I'm not the first, but I'd like to see more skirt options. On the faction select screen their is a romulan in a fed romulan uniform wearing a skirt. I can haz please? :D

The rank shoulder tabs look cool so far, at least the centurion one does.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Personally I think some of the hairstyles should be removed because they dont fit the faction.

Regradless there are more Romulan hairstyles that could be added. We have all the pointy ones but there are also the ones that are more blunt and chunky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wrist attach pallete issue is still there.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Color Palette has completely changed for my Tal Shiar top.

really dont like the new and limited one. Please bring back the full ROMULAN palatte for the Tal Shiar top.

Was loving the clothes yesterday. Not so much since the patch

Playing a bit further.... I now have to Redo ALL my clothes because the Top no longer matches any of my other clothes and is very mismatched.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Tight Pants: Male Rom KDF allied.

The KDF/Rom pants are not "tight". They appear to be the knee high pants
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thepopeofbeersthepopeofbeers Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find the hairstyle choices pretty limited, specifically for Romulan men because I haven't rolled a Romulan woman yet.

Vulcans can have buzzcuts and fauxhawks, but Romulans can't? Strange. Also, WHERE ARE THE BEARDS?! My Romulan's chin is so cold :( :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]