test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Im sorry ...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
im sorry but ... the last mission of the series seriously blowed ...... the slingshot was fine, but mainly the kill x group of enemies you get when you beam down ... then the puzzle is supposed to be mixing a drink for some chick ... wtf ... its a battle situation and you have an admiral mixing drinks for some chick that needs one? seriously? how bout just giving the wench a slap in the face! the situation is dire and she's whining? SERIOUSLY? and after that you spend yer time using evasive maneuvers/power to engines/full impulse whne able to fly in circles picking off the asteroid and ignoring the klingons .....

im rly sorry, ive been a total support of all the latest changes, and ive LOVED LOVED LOVED the (breen series mostly) this series ... but this mission ... is utter ... facepalm!

what happened ? :S is this just me ? QQ ! :P
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You can fight the Klingons you know. The mission is set up so that you can not destroy those ships, only disable.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    CedricO wrote:
    and ignoring the klingons .....

I lol'd...
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    it was actually faster to ignore em and do a run around then fight them. feel free to lol, but do me a favour and read the rest of what i wrote and comment on it aswell then. you lollers you ! ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    CedricO wrote:
    it was actually faster to ignore em and do a run around then fight them. feel free to lol, but do me a favour and read the rest of what i wrote and comment on it aswell then. you lollers you ! ;)

I did. You're whining about a good episode. Not a single thing that's worth being considered constructive. I thought the mixing a drink bit was pretty genius. I'd need a drink too after seeing phantoms suddenly appear out of the complete normal.

And yes, it's just you QQing.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    You can fight the Klingons you know. The mission is set up so that you can not destroy those ships, only disable.

Bull. I failed the stupid mission objective once because the named capitol ship kept ramming me until it destroyed itself. I never once fired a single shot at it.

Furthermore all the damn Klingons camped the respawn location which is a total Richard move on the devs part since the NPC's can attack and kill you before the game gives you a chance to respond.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bull. I failed the stupid mission objective once because the named capitol ship kept ramming me until it destroyed itself. I never once fired a single shot at it.

Furthermore all the damn Klingons camped the respawn location which is a total Richard move on the devs part since the NPC's can attack and kill you before the game gives you a chance to respond.

Disable the ships, you won't get rammed as well you won't get swarmed by the Klingons. This isn't a difficult concept to figure out.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Guess its just me being lame then, i rly couldnt think of a good reason why i should be running around finding out how some girl likes her drink best in the middle of a dire situation that determines the fate of the sector. shrugzor
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    CedricO wrote:
    then the puzzle is supposed to be mixing a drink for some chick ... wtf ...

Just when I'd almost been getting some faith back.
    Oh well.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    the puzzle is supposed to be mixing a drink for some chick ... wtf ... its a battle situation and you have an admiral mixing drinks for some chick that needs one? seriously? how bout just giving the wench a slap in the face! the situation is dire and she's whining? SERIOUSLY?

Why don't you go and do some research before coming here and polluting my forum with your uneducated drivel? Watch one episode of TOS and you will see why that puzzle made perfect sense to those of us who actually have some acculturation with TOS.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The only part i dont like that much was the drinks bit, as it seamed out of place. if it had happened in episode 2 then fine but it just seams odd all the way round for the last ep for many reasons.

klingon dont mix drinks.
    why is she turning down the drink because i got her the wrong glass.
    why does my engineer not know what a the device is himself.
    why cant by science give her a hypo of something.
    why does Scotty not walk over and get it rather than tell me her lifes history of drinks that he learned after a few days with her.

the slingshot bit is epic. ground combat is fine but probably just had too much fighting in too close an area. could have been better, if they had the mobs drop on you out of nowhere.

final fight is fine once you work out how to do it. it actually becomes quite enjoyable when you know how.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Why don't you go and do some research before coming here and polluting my forum with your uneducated drivel? Watch one episode of TOS and you will see why that puzzle made perfect sense to those of us who actually have some acculturation with TOS.

sure, stating a fact is drivel. anyway, i dont care for TOS, its old and garbage in my eyes, only reason why i accept it is because its part of the star trek universe. add to that how lame time travel episodes are in general. and how maybe ..... just maybe ... the comet had some positive effects on the universe that we just erased and "all is well" .... thank god the series is over. TOS phaser = got sold for credits .. but the cane is nice.

im sure your one of those guys who think that the TOS connie refit should be in this game and that its absolutely normal that some1 could in fact beat some1 else in a sovereign which is a far more state of the art ship then that hidious flying piece of garbage.

Im sorry for having an opinion sir, so sorry, but uneducated drivel? says a bit more about you then it does about me ... im sure :)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I liked the mission... except for the 'drink' part when playing Klingon side.

The CORRECT options for Klingon players which Cryptic need to add are:

1. "Get Cassidy a nerve tonic"

or

2. "Pistol whip Cassidy and threaten her with disintegration until she focuses on the topic at hand"

...Not joking :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    This was essentially "grab the jumja stick" but during the aftermath of a battle when you're pressed for time.

It really did break flow - even if it was an interesting puzzle to do at any other point in time.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    evilhippo wrote: »
    I liked the mission... except for the 'drink' part when playing Klingon side.

The CORRECT options for Klingon players which Cryptic need to add are:

1. "Get Cassidy a nerve tonic"

or

2. "Pistol whip Cassidy and threaten her with disintegration until she focuses on the topic at hand"

...Not joking :rolleyes
    :

I don't think you were joking. It looked really comfortable typing it as if you were either:

A) An excellent roleplayer as a Klingon or,

B) Accustomed to pistol whipping a girlfriend in a bar whenever she changes the topic. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Arn't Klingons there to be ignored?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah this mission was dreadful, infact it was so bad that after I mixed the drink and had a go at the comet I just quit, it was just the same old tedious recipie as the missions in the game, space fight, beam down, click stuff beam up space fight ......... B O A R I N G.

Well at least no one can accuse me of not giving this game a chance, I am RA in the Klingon faction and Capt in Fed. I have played through all the new Series episodes and have come to the conclusion that this game is nothing at all like Star trek, it is a mindless grind of boring repeating scenarios that are not even very well written. Don't get me wrong the two new series are better than the garbage missions that were released with the game but it's still well short of the mark for me.

I have also ranked up the crafting, made weapons, shields etc and even that is a badly done and boring.

The game needs to be more like ST. The whole concept to me of you are a ship is flawed, ground combat is dreadful and the lack of character slots, crafting and playable races just puts me off even more. Yes I know there is a C-Store but am not that daft, I pay a sub but not a sub + Micro payments, thats just plain greed right there! When I played WOW I never had to pay to be a tauren or a Gnome, it was in the box, part of the sub.

I can honestly say this game feels like City Of Heroes with ST skins, such a shame :(

I have two subs one for me and one for my kid, he got bored last week at LC7 and so we both quit together later this month when the subs run out.

BB
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Tribbler wrote: »
    B) Accustomed to pistol whipping a girlfriend in a bar whenever she changes the topic. :D

Well when faced with 'cooking like a haggis' due to rising Triolic radiation levels, I have indeed been known to pistol whip my girlfriend in a bar when she absent-mindedly forgets in which part of her handbag she stashed the quantum thingamebob that can save all our lives and instead asks me to head off to the bar for another double of single malt whiskey... I know, it is a character flaw but I blame my grumpy Klingon parents ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    This stuff was even more boring than a Micheal Bay movie, which in its own way is really an extraordinary performance.

Way to go guys...
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The only part i dont like that much was the drinks bit, as it seamed out of place. if it had happened in episode 2 then fine but it just seams odd all the way round for the last ep for many reasons.

klingon dont mix drinks.
    why is she turning down the drink because i got her the wrong glass.
    why does my engineer not know what a the device is himself.
    why cant by science give her a hypo of something.
    why does Scotty not walk over and get it rather than tell me her lifes history of drinks that he learned after a few days with her.

the slingshot bit is epic. ground combat is fine but probably just had too much fighting in too close an area. could have been better, if they had the mobs drop on you out of nowhere.

final fight is fine once you work out how to do it. it actually becomes quite enjoyable when you know how.

I think the biggest oversight of the whole mission is the fact that not once....NOT ONCE....was the option of adding something because 'it is Green' given for the tonic portion of the mission. I demand this be rectified immediately!!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hello,

I enjoyed most of this mission.

However, I have to agree that the urgent subplot to mix the perfect drink was silly and broke the flow of the story. It felt as though a poorly-written Monty Python sketch had been injected into the middle of an otherwise tense episode.

The intellectual climax of the episode should not have involved getting an alcoholic biography of Cassidy from Scotty, using the information to mix the perfect drink so that the hysterical female could become calm and rational enough to give you the technology that will save everyone's life.

Just typing that made me feel less intelligent and sullied.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Addams wrote:
    This stuff was even more boring than a Micheal Bay movie, which in its own way is really an extraordinary performance.

Way to go guys...

The away team battles were 'by the numbers' (i.e. when compared to the excellent previous two episodes... very uninspiring)...

...the 'nerve tonic' game was tedious for a Fed player and utterly preposterous for a Klingon player (as in preposterous whilst wearing a big red plastic nose on stilts kind of preposterous)...

...but the final space battle was actually pretty good. My only complaint is there needed to be some sort of real penalty for killing B'vat.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    evilhippo wrote: »
    Well when faced with 'cooking like a haggis' due to rising Triolic radiation levels, I have indeed been known to pistol whip my girlfriend in a bar when she absent-mindedly forgets in which part of her handbag she stashed the quantum thingamebob that can save all our lives and instead asks me to head off to the bar for another double of single malt whiskey... I know, it is a character flaw but I blame my grumpy Klingon parents ;)

Indeed, your girlfriend and my wife must be related somehow. Or is this a fundamental flaw in the gatherer's of our species? :)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think the "nerve tonic" took too long for what it was.

On the other hand, I'm a bit skeptical about the nobility of any response that isn't compassionate towards the poor woman and don't think there should be player characters who are so cruel as to use violence in that scenario, even if you are a Klingon or a Reman mercenary or something.

It seems to me that the alternative should be to somehow encourage her with a story of a great Klingon hunt rather than buy her a drink or something.

Then again, I'm disappointed in the STO guys for karate chopping the woman on the previous mission.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I would hazard to say that the 'nerve tonic' portion was more of a harken to the times that TOS was shot in then anything. Considering we were only just starting to have 'mothers little helper' on the market at the time, alcohol was often the easiest way to steady the nerves for the time. I think the problem I had with that bit was more that it seemed thrown in the middle of a combat situation (of course from a first time playthru standpoint you couldn't know that you would be facing Klingons at that point initially) That portion might have done with some more whimsical music in keeping with the TOS feel.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nerve tonic was silly idea after all.
    There had to be option to tell my sci officer (or to do it myself with my Sci captain) to hyppo relax her, not to try to be bartender in the middle of the entire sector doom.
    Those can work for both sides ... you have to had her attention and stuf so station could be saved, but puzzle part had to be with Scotty - to configure defense ... it would get more realistic than just mixing drinks.
    Stop trying to exploit Klingon agression, Klingon quest giver says it clear - be carefull with it, mistake could lead Empire to worst case than Augument virus DNA... so just one hyppo, and go to save station with Scotty.

Just think if this girl is part of parents line that lead to Miras ... do you still want to do something to her that could change her in any way?
    Time travel is very frustrating ... :)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think the "nerve tonic" took too long for what it was.

On the other hand, I'm a bit skeptical about the nobility of any response that isn't compassionate towards the poor woman and don't think there should be player characters who are so cruel as to use violence in that scenario, even if you are a Klingon or a Reman mercenary or something.

It seems to me that the alternative should be to somehow encourage her with a story of a great Klingon hunt rather than buy her a drink or something.

Then again, I'm disappointed in the STO guys for karate chopping the woman on the previous mission.

If you actually watch Star Trek, one cannot help noticing that Klingons are not really shown displaying care, empathy or patience in life and death situations. I really do think grabbing her by the hair and sticking the barrel of your disruptor pistol up Cassiy's left nostril and telling the weak p'taQ to focus and remember where she stashed the damn quantum thingie is much more true to 'canon' ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    castmodean wrote: »
    I would hazard to say that the 'nerve tonic' portion was more of a harken to the times that TOS was shot in then anything. Considering we were only just starting to have 'mothers little helper' on the market at the time, alcohol was often the easiest way to steady the nerves for the time. I think the problem I had with that bit was more that it seemed thrown in the middle of a combat situation (of course from a first time playthru standpoint you couldn't know that you would be facing Klingons at that point initially) That portion might have done with some more whimsical music in keeping with the TOS feel.

That being the case, I'm suddenly imagining the opening of Mad Men with a silhouette in a red shirt. Maybe just totally Trek it out by having him sitting in a Captain's chair with a phaser pistol in place of cigarette.

It falls past images taken from the credits of TOS and then (being a red shirt) gets eaten by a plant monster at the end of the fall.
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Oh and...you do not *have* to knock her out, so I see no problem. Chose the right dialogue and she runs off and you can ransack the console without so much as smudging her make up... even the Klingon player can do that.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I liked the episode. I do think that the Klingons were slightly overpowered at the end, considering they had about 10 D7 Battle cruisers attacking me at once, and taking me out before 1 minute had passed. I just found it best to ignore them. Lure them far away from the fragments, and then full impulse it over to the fragments and destroy as many as possible. Rinse and repeat.

You will have to respawn a few times though in the end. I just thought it was all worth it when I got that TOS Phaser. And the phaser rifle!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    .....Then again, I'm disappointed in the STO guys for karate chopping the woman on the previous mission.

Well back in the Jim Kirk Days (the era that we are in on the final devidian mission) kissing and karate chopping the girl was pretty common.

Guidebook to the Federation - Rules, Principles, and Prime Directive.