What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Legacy of Romulus Uniform Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do I have poor color choices now because I picked KDF or because they changed the palettes?

Because between the scowl and the uniform colors I am thinking of just going Fed so I can at least look like I want to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One of the things I've been doing is using one of the fed wrist items because it looks like it has a control panel on it, and when you beam up you touch your wrist. Any thoughts on making something with a panel on it for Romulan Republic, and I guess a KDF Rom version if they don't have one to stand in as RR comm badges?

Will there be some kind of Rank indicators for Romulans?

Satra's cest bag clips though her jacket.
  • Options
    killjack0killjack0 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    One of the things I've been doing is using one of the fed wrist items because it looks like it has a control panel on it, and when you beam up you touch your wrist. Any thoughts on making something with a panel on it for Romulan Republic, and I guess a KDF Rom version if they don't have one to stand in as RR comm badges?

Will there be some kind of Rank indicators for Romulans?

Satra's cest bag clips though her jacket.

There are rank indicators when you get to Centurion if i remember correctly. They were some shoulder decorations which in my opinion were too far up from the shoulder. But the last 2 or 3 get capes if i remember.
  • Options
    wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally I think some of the hairstyles should be removed because they dont fit the faction.

I completely disagree, I think more options are better than less, especially in a game and even more so when it comes to personalization of your character. If I had MY way I would unlock ALL hairstyles for all species and all factions.
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK so, the new couple hairstyles we got for females suck, I am really miffed about this was totally looking forward to the hairstyles shown in the sketches...

Also, what is up with the missing skirt fed side?? You know..when you ally...theres the fed uniform on the left kdf on the right..the female is wearing version 2 fed i think with a skirt that totally matches it...where is it? figured they would have added that in with this wipe redo (which im still having trouble figuring out where the wipe comes into play)

I think both sides need at couple more belts/boots/gloves/wrist options...maybe another scarf option and the damn skirts...
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    See here.

The bottom of the pants were showing through the boots. The little triangles of green
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OK did some testing.

All KDF Aligned Male Shirts use the same (imo) good palette.

Except the Tal Shiar Top and Survivor Romulan.

The Survivor used another palette when you can first access it. It seems that possible siding with KDF changes it to the limited palette
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found a major clipping issue with the new Elegant hairstyle

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae100/Dean5859/LoR%20Beta/Eleganthair_zps3dc8cae7.png

My Trill looks like she's growing sideburns :eek:
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Based on a female kdf romulan.

Tal Shiar pants are wrong, the option is present but a duplicate of the menu entry above it.
    Tal Shiar chest gear is absent entirely. Encounted a male romulan that had it..
    Color pallets are different between several parts.

Can we have a skirt for the female tal shiar uniform, that matches the top in style?
    Veteran uniform parts?
    Long fingernails? for the maniacal laughter evil look.
    Klingon Romulan boots have a high heel, can we have a tal shiar boots for females with high heels like that?

Sometimes the tailor diesplays no character, need to relog to fix it.
    Boffs are not changeable :/
    Tattoos and scars don't show at all.

Yeah I noticed that too. I'm hoping that's it's just because they haven't finished on the uniforms. The Tal'Shiar uniform is missing a lot of pieces. I feel a bit awkward when I meet a Tal'Shiar Commander that has a better uniform than me who is a Subadmiral. I still have a Centurion's uniform...
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    temporal jumpsuit is still missing ,same for wells ...no warning or a way to block the pack.
  • Options
    wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rom Fed Armband clips badly on females and also clips with Satra's Medical Jacket.
  • Options
    chiefbrexchiefbrex Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The uniforms are amazing so far. My only bug to report for them is that, Tovan's original chest gear (not the shirt), the pouches, they clip badly with the Romulan Republic 1 uniform top. Specifically around the right chest and lapel. As do some of the belts from Satra, Hiven, and Veril.
  • Options
    materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would it be possible to get low cut undershirts for the Klingon and Federation Romulan faction uniform variants for females that are like the civilian undershirt please? Other than that, love the costume options so far.
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Romulan Federation 2 uniform still needs the other undershirt option males have for the females. My away team is currently pretty mismatched since I use the undershirts to denote department. Shouldn't be that difficult since they already have practically the same undershirt for the Romulan Republic uniform.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I miss a some of the Klingon options.

I cant pinpoint what all is missing after the patch but we seemed to have more options.

I swear there were some chest pieces

Also just re-iterating that STIPPLED pants are missing for Romulans. These are standard for both Fed and KDF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Romulans reallllly need facial hair options.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes please facial hair!!!!! I want a scruffy romulan, back to uniforms; some bridge officers uniform parts still share a colour pallet ( changing undershirt colour is linked to wrist attachments ).
  • Options
    sekusei28sekusei28 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure you're probably already aware but just in case.....

I Allied with KDF this time around and while changing my outfit I noticed that with klingon 2 wrist attachments, the left showed a almost full color pallet. While the right showed limited and only allowed to change the color of the lines within the attachment.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is not specifically about my character or bridge officer uniforms, but rather that of my NPC crew. I have a Federation spy on my ship... and he didn't even bother to change his uniform to disguise the fact! Specifically, the crewman is question is a Male/Alien/Tactical officer wearing a Federation uniform, right down to the combadge. I searched the rest of my crew, and found no issues with the only other Alien on the crew, a Female/Engineering officer. Oh, and I have not chosen a faction alliance, to clarify a bit.

Have also notice clipping with all chest gear and belts when worn with Uniform - Jacket Loose / Jacket Medical. Tested on Satra from the The Helix.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    stitchintimestitchintime Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Romulan costumes are stellar right from the start. It would be interesting to have this effect what is available for Federation and Klingon costumes. Federation costumes largely have been focused on Starfleet being a monolithic naval organization.
    In DS9 at some point there was a discussion of absorbing the Bajoran militia into Starfleet. What if costumes reflected the fact that when this type of thing was done the group retained autonomy. This seems a much more Federation concept than a very central authority based military organization.
    Klingons should have even more varied costumes as each house would want their own distinctive uniforms. It might even be fun to have "Pre-saved" costumes that would be identified as connected to specific Klingon houses.
  • Options
    drcybertronic5drcybertronic5 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Devs: I like to add I didn't get access to reinforce tight pants for my main romulan character but my boff did. There where some clipping issues with the Romulan female uniforms. Just asking when the game goes live will our romulan character get access to reman uniform? I enjoy the expansion and cant wait to play on 21
  • Options
    velhymstovelhymsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lots of clipping with the Romulan Male KDF Uniform, at least when holding a rifle.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144445406
  • Options
    phrgphrg Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Minor issue with color options available on male wrist attachments. Left gives limited color options. Right gives full color options. Makes matching a bit of an effort.
  • Options
    laro1984laro1984 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont know if already postet but if you press c to kneel with your Disruptor pistol the shoulders come through the republic uniform (the uniform you get when you arive at the fleet) with a rifle the same.

Must correct me it happend also with the klingon romulan uniform
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enemy contact not working.:eek:
  • Options
    malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still have some graphical problems.

Tovan
    -- Tovan's default belt has clipping issues with Romulan Republic uniforms

Veril
    -- Veril's wrist attachment colors are somehow linked with her belt

Hiven
    -- Wrist attachment colors are also linked to belt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    closed captioning needs work
  • Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hiven
    -- Wrist attachment colors are also linked to belt

This is something that I noticed on other BOffs as well, both on the new Romulans and those of other factions. Some colors get randomly linked to each other. This bug also exists on Holodeck and is often driving me nuts. It's just infuriating when you want a Bridge Crew who share the same uniforms and 1-2 of them can't have the same colors like the rest.
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't say I've noticed uniform clipping, but I have observed a lack of an undo button in the tailor which would be nice to have back.

Yes, for all that is holy, bring back the undo button!

My character has for uniform slots, one is locked because I haven't joined a fleet.
    The other three I can edit. Usually with little problems.

The problem is that sometimes, like then I beamed down to Nimbus for the 2nd time and to Qu'noS for the 2nd time the uniform I was wearing changes to the first one. After that it is impossible to get the other one back other then to go to the tailor again. Load the saved uniforms (I had to do that because it's too much work to redo them every time this happens. Do that for all 3 uniforms and then play like that for a while then I'm able to edit the other two back to the way they were. And it works for a bit then the same bug appears.

I'm ROM KDF Female Engineer.

Oh and why isn't there a female engineering uniform like there is for the male Romulans?