Install Arc
Options

Official Legacy of Romulus Uniform Feedback Thread

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    crash77acrash77a Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, and also when I got my Tal Shiar uniform, it didn't show up on the generic list of full uniforms to choose from, like the Romulan Republic and Romulan Federation uniforms. I had to choose Romulan Tal Shiar for individual parts, at least as much as they were available. But even the republic and Federation uniforms didn't show up right away either.
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the skirt matter, I agree that I too have been wondering. The "Join an Ally" screen has art of a Romulan female (assumption is she's a science officer) wearing a clearly romulan-themed skirt that goes very well with the Fed-allied uniform and probably would with the Republic Neutral one as well.

That, and the V-cut undershirt we've seem on Neutral uniform concept art was well as most prominently on the front page of the site have not shown up in the tailor. I would've thought the most visible Romulan outfit of the expansion would've been available to us... but it hasn't been so thus far.

That kind of sucks: both skirt and V-cut undershirt were tastefully stylish and it's a shame they haven't been included. I wanted to use them.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bunansa wrote: »
    where the heck is my TNG outfits, TOS outfits, Nemisis outfits, heck where the frack is my federation allied skirt ????

I know i know...the tos outfit is cstore in a few days...but you think while its all in test to go ahead and let us fool around with the stuff to make sure the fabric/colors are good and theres no clipping issues..

but once again i ask...wheres my fed skirt ...

i'm just wondering where stippled pants are!

I know I am cynical but I really do think they want to keep some of those uniforms out of your hands to prop up their Vichy Romulans and cargo pockets and scarves. God forbid we look like real romulans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is weird there are no stippled pants, I mean that's the most basic and generic uniform option in the game, everyone should have it.
    I feel very strongly and started a break thread on this issue.

Below is a screen shot of my palette choices. The top is what I start with. Below that is what my options are after alignment

http://postimg.org/image/v608quyxd/

I understand WHY Klingons have a limited palette and pretty much agree with the intent behind it.

But as a Romulan I AM NOT A KLINGON. I am only a Klingon because I was FORCED to make a choice I didnt want to make.

We have no Klingon costume options - which is good because when those were avaialble it was pissing me off - short pink alien romulans in Klingon outfits. I shutter. Since we have no Klingon options there is no reason to force a Klingon palette on us. If there are Klingon options then those can use the Klingon palette. Fine with that.

But we shouldnt have ROMULAN options changed because of alignment. I believe most of us want as little to do with our "allies" as possible. Its a choice we make and then quickly try and forget. When you are forced into a Klingon paradigm whether its missions or clothes then its just a constant reminder that we arent actually a faction.

Give feds fed stuff. Give Klingons Klingon stuff and let Romulans be Romulans.

To me this is just as bad as our forced Scowl when we aligned Klingon. Pointless, unnecessary and immersion breaking
    There's no need to assert your Rihansu-ness (which is not related to Mary Sue-ness, badum bum). We know you're Romulan, extra strength. It's cool. :cool:

But as far as that color pallet goes it's atrocious. What if you're playing a Romulan that just likes blue?

It's a travesty.

But sure, Fed Stuff, Rom Stuff, Kling stuff. (Though I'm actually quite fond of the Romulan hybrid stuff that I've seen, so let's get that too). But each faction should have a solid selection of their own.
    umaeko wrote: »
    On the skirt matter, I agree that I too have been wondering. The "Join an Ally" screen has art of a Romulan female (assumption is she's a science officer) wearing a clearly romulan-themed skirt that goes very well with the Fed-allied uniform and probably would with the Republic Neutral one as well.

That, and the V-cut undershirt we've seem on Neutral uniform concept art was well as most prominently on the front page of the site have not shown up in the tailor. I would've thought the most visible Romulan outfit of the expansion would've been available to us... but it hasn't been so thus far.

That kind of sucks: both skirt and V-cut undershirt were tastefully stylish and it's a shame they haven't been included. I wanted to use them.

Oooh, that sounds nice. I love a lady in a skirt too. I'm hoping the devs are going to be adding in all those wonderful outfits as soon as possible, but I imagine that everyone's plate is full.

I'm also hoping that they will add Klingon uniform options as well battle dresses (like Lursa and B'Etor) and the long coat (like countless NPCs that we should all look cooler than).

But I'm an incurable optimist and am hoping for the selection of ships and outfits for the Romulans to be only the beginning.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wheres my skirts??? Huh devs??? huh huh huh....(ok so stewie slipped in there)

If the only skirt is the darn civilian one and the TOS one I will be just slightly annoyed...at least let us have access to anything we already have from the allied side??

But really...the romulan refugees have skirts...the choose ally romulan fed has a skirt...wheres mine at?

also...will we be seeing the TNG, Nemisis and DS9 romulan costumes???
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    edited May 2013
    If I buy the TOS Uniform will it be forced to use the pointless limited KDF palette?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all those complaining about skirts, just be grateful that Romulans get a FREE skirt from the start. That's one more free skirt than the KDF got. Currently the KDF has exactly ONE skirt available to them and they have to PAY lobi for it. :P
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013
    Plus the torment us with one of the costume dolls in the starbase is wearing an actual mini skirt...
    Of a uniform variant us players can get, except the skirt...
  • Options
    nalfyrnalfyr Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Totaly agreed on the Wheres the rom fed alligned skirt .. the choose your ally pic has the fed skirt..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wheres my skirts??? Huh devs??? huh huh huh....(ok so stewie slipped in there)

If the only skirt is the darn civilian one and the TOS one I will be just slightly annoyed...at least let us have access to anything we already have from the allied side??

But really...the romulan refugees have skirts...the choose ally romulan fed has a skirt...wheres mine at?

also...will we be seeing the TNG, Nemisis and DS9 romulan costumes???
    ESPECIALLY the Nemesis uniform. Probably the best Romulan Uniform in canon.

And certainly the Fed ally skirt.
    wilv wrote: »
    To all those complaining about skirts, just be grateful that Romulans get a FREE skirt from the start. That's one more free skirt than the KDF got. Currently the KDF has exactly ONE skirt available to them and they have to PAY lobi for it. :P

True, very true. The KDF should at the very least have the Duras sisters war dress. Yes, with the Kleavage Window. :P
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tal Shiar female chest gear. You need to make the straps available for both genders. Yes there might be some clipping but I'm sure you can work that out. Like attaching the mesh of the gear to the same parts of the mesh of the TRIBBLE.

The V-shaped Tal Shiar boots and braces worn by many Tal Shiar should be included in the Tal Shiar uniform as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Skirts Skirts Skirts Skirts Skirts....

I cant say it enough because they are ingame but not available...where are they ?

Lets get some Romulan and Klingon love going by giving the ladies some better clothing options...

vneck undershirt, federation allied skirt, duras sisters outfits, maybe even a new skirt for kdf and rrf off duty wise? or uniform...heck ill take either or
    couple new pairs of footwear for each...kdf is way super bulky for females

More color pallete choices

MOAR darnt!

If my only skirt options is the civilian and tos I will be somewhat frustrated

• Options
    miramortalemiramortale Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had hoped at the very least, they would have added to the Klingon's ridiculously slim wardrobe, with the expansion. (though, I'm not surprised they didn't)

Klingon men really have no TOS options, other than one shirt, which isn't even entirely accurate. ...Klingon women have no TOS options at all.

For reasons that remain more secret than the location of deceased teamster leaders, Orions are limited to the depressingly drab palette of Imperial warriors. (and again... I point out for the umpteen billionth time, Orion women are strangely unable to wear anything but sandals with bare legs. (..and ffs, if anyone should be able to wear thigh-boots, it's Orion women. ...canon or no.)

The limiting of Romulan palettes, the removal of TOS boots, and the omission of the Romulan Fed skirt concern me greatly. Such things this early in the development on the Republic do not herald a dearth of fashion choices. (..though I admit, I love the Republic jackets. In my opinion they have more of a Old West-Victorian flavour to them. ... Fed diplomat jackets? ..Now those are waiter's jackets) ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Skirts Skirts Skirts Skirts Skirts....

I cant say it enough because they are ingame but not available...where are they ?

Lets get some Romulan and Klingon love going by giving the ladies some better clothing options...

vneck undershirt, federation allied skirt, duras sisters outfits, maybe even a new skirt for kdf and rrf off duty wise? or uniform...heck ill take either or
    couple new pairs of footwear for each...kdf is way super bulky for females

More color pallete choices

MOAR darnt!

If my only skirt options is the civilian and tos I will be somewhat frustrated

On the subject of bulk I have a different issue that I'd like to bring up, not so much uniform as general character building.

I've noticed that the game actively uses different leg shapes for the ladies' different outfits.

The Antares, Sierra, and Merchant Skirts (I think the warrior's too but I don't have it), but they all have "skinny" legs. In general, the thighs are slimmer.

By contrast, the TOS skirt shares the generally more rounded and in my opinion sexier thicker legs that also are on the skin tight pants, such as the reinforced, stipled, and Seven of Nine uniform options.

I really don't understand why there's a difference in the first place, but it's something I do use for different characters. I would prefer and request however that the different female leg models become detached from the clothes.

For instance I would prefer to use the rounded TOS skirt uniform legs with the Sierra skirt. It's not game breaking, but I don't understand why these things are locked in. A Legs 1 and Legs 2 option would be nice and allow use to use different body types along with different uniforms.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    On the subject of bulk

All Romulan- KDF boots are waaaaaaaaaaay too bulky for males or females. If you dont use the Romulan-KDF pant then they look several sizes too large.

I am starting to think that there is a scheme to nearly force us to use presets rather than mix and match
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There needs to be a rethink of the entire clothing line for this game

Uniform Offduty Formal...just stop it, its annoying to see npcs have certain mix matches and not us players. Its not so much of its not fair but so much as it...makes no sense, if i paid for said article of clothing let me do with it what I want..jee

WE as a whole need tons of new stuff added and or put in that is already in

SKIRTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats my kahn emote from now on

Now back to the subject at hand, boots for romulan and kdf females suck now...put back in the TOS boots as a viable option even without the TOS pack, and put in a couple nice form fitting boots, its like starfleet has all the fasion sense cause cardassians are the tailors everywhere but not for us...gosh im jealous now

Increase the color palettes for all factions and than just make that the standard pallete for ALL outfits, its wierd how blue chest doesnt match blue leg...just doesnt make any damn sense

its been a few seconds....

SKIIIIIIIRTS!!!!!!!!!!!

k back to the meat again

Where in bloody gods name is some more clothing options for the non fed factions? Make it appealing or lose the damn attempt to create said factions viable for money income

Ships for alot of us are the get you there item
    Clothing for alot of us is the immersion of the game itself if my character looks like TRIBBLE than i wish not to do stuff with my character in any form of the game itself

Now that being said, what was done so far is amazing, some of the detail and thought that went into alot of the newer rrf stuff is great but it falls short when you limit colors and options for mix matching and what not

Skirts, boots, matching color palettes, kdf outfits that sorely need to be added ( i admittdly havent done the new kdf missions, but do they reward some clothing at certain missions...if not, there we go)

Meow just one meow thing,

SKIRTS

• Options
    skipenguinskipenguin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but for some reason, I can't get one of my bridge officers to wear the allegiance outfit for the Klingons. It doesn't come up in the list at all.

Hopefully this is the right thread to mention it in.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    skipenguin wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but for some reason, I can't get one of my bridge officers to wear the allegiance outfit for the Klingons. It doesn't come up in the list at all.

Hopefully this is the right thread to mention it in.

It is, most likely reason why for the uniform issue is species issue, is it romulan reman or something else? and if so can it be repeated on same species again or is it perhaps directly linked to just that one bridge officer,
    and most things with kdf..seem to never work exactly right

• Options
    edited May 2013

Uniform Offduty Formal...just stop it, its annoying to see npcs have certain mix matches and not us players. Its not so much of its not fair but so much as it...makes no sense, if i paid for said article of clothing let me do with it what I want..jee

SKIRTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now back to the subject at hand, boots for romulan and kdf females suck now...put back in the TOS boots as a viable option even without the TOS pack, and put in a couple nice form fitting boots, its like starfleet has all the fasion sense cause cardassians are the tailors everywhere but not for us...gosh im jealous now

Increase the color palettes for all factions and than just make that the standard pallete for ALL outfits, its wierd how blue chest doesnt match blue leg...just doesnt make any damn sense

SKIIIIIIIRTS!!!!!!!!!!!

k back to the meat again

Where in bloody gods name is some more clothing options for the non fed factions? Make it appealing or lose the damn attempt to create said factions viable for money income

Clothing for alot of us is the immersion of the game itself if my character looks like TRIBBLE than i wish not to do stuff with my character in any form of the game itself

Now that being said, what was done so far is amazing, some of the detail and thought that went into alot of the newer rrf stuff is great but it falls short when you limit colors and options for mix matching and what not

Skirts, boots, matching color palettes, kdf outfits that sorely need to be added ( i admittdly havent done the new kdf missions, but do they reward some clothing at certain missions...if not, there we go)

SKIRTS

SKIIIIIIIIRRRRRRTSSS

SKIIIIIIIIRRRRRRTSSS

SKIIIIIIIIRRRRRRTSSS

Now, I agree a hundred percent, the restrictions of duty and off duty uniforms is ridiculous unbinded slots is the best way to do it, and not just for Captains but for Bridge crew as well. I was relieved when the winter coats and jackets could be used by all crew.

SKIIIIIIIIRRRRRRTSSS

In addition to that, I would like uniform grouping. What is that? Well thank you for asking, if I'm running a foundry mission that requires going to an Orion trading post, or somewhere else that I don't want to broadcast Starfleet officer like a neon sign, I switch to my civilian clothes. It would be nice if my whole away team would also switch to a civilian clothes. Set. In other words, BOFFs need to have alternate outfits as well, that can be switched out with the Captain. And another thing, why can't we have our communicators display on other outfits besides uniforms? It's not critical as the game ignores what you wear, but it does help with immersion.

And my last agreement, again I will request to unlock color pallets across the outfits. Seriously, there's no great reason not to allow us to use our own color schemes. I've seen Klingons in white uniforms and it's fine as far as I'm concerned.

That's all I got for now.

Oh and SKIIIIIIIIRRRRRRTSSS
  • Options
    edited May 2013

SKIRTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SKIIIIIIIRTS!!!!!!!!!!!

k back to the meat again

SKIRTS

For me the only APPROPRIATE Klingon clothing are the paneled shirt/vest. That is fairly generic and can be color blocked to create a number of different looks approriate for Non-Klingons like Gorn or Letheans.

Some of my characters had the Klingon shoulder option. Doesnt fit at all and looks fairly awful when mixed with romulan outfits.

Also had Klingon boot options which also didnt fit the Romulans.

If they want to have Fed/Klingon BOs retain their faction looks fine... But I would prefer Romulans have Romulan Options. and consistant Romulan options.

And whoever is art directing the Romulans... they really need to let go of the cargo pockets and scarves and trying to force people to look like janitors.

DID I MENTION STIPPLED PANTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nothing bout Skirts in todays update...darn

its ok tho...since they didnt bother to fix any of the REAL issues anyway.

• Options
    xxbrentisbeastxxxxbrentisbeastxx Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah ive seen a bit of clipping and tearing on the Romulan Republic Uniforms.

Also im not sure if this should go here or not, and it might have been mentioned.

I have noticed that we can't rename people part of our crew such as Tovan and a few others. This makes it a little harder to tell which Tovan or other crew member is yours in a big battle area like the outside of Paradise City on Nimbus III. I know its a little late considering LOR comes out tomorrow, but I think it would be great if we could do a little more to make our bridge officers names unique for faster recognition.
    "Saddle up. Lock and load." - Data

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah ive seen a bit of clipping and tearing on the Romulan Republic Uniforms.

Also im not sure if this should go here or not, and it might have been mentioned.

I have noticed that we can't rename people part of our crew such as Tovan and a few others. This makes it a little harder to tell which Tovan or other crew member is yours in a big battle area like the outside of Paradise City on Nimbus III. I know its a little late considering LOR comes out tomorrow, but I think it would be great if we could do a little more to make our bridge officers names unique for faster recognition.

the initial crew we get are cylons, it explains everything

and skirts?

• Options
    crash77acrash77a Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried to put the Reman Federation allegiance uniform on Veril, and when I clicked apply to character, it did not look like the picture. It was just a bland shirt and pair of pants all the same color. I did not finalize the change to see if it would work in game, but something is wrong there. I just ended up putting her in a Romulan-Federation uniform.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Skirts Skirts Skirts Skirts Skirts Skirts

I want, and many others probably want...skirts!

Enough forcing us Romulans to look like 3rd world refugees, ok so the homeworld is gone...big woop...no designers lived?

There is skirts there in the darn game...for romulans..but we have no access to them besides the half skirt and TOS skirt...

wheres the skirt the manequin and choose ally screen is sporting?

wasnt in todays patch notes for the main game...kinda thought maybe itd slip in there..but nope it didnt

• Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clipping issue:

http://s14.directupload.net/images/130526/ifbs74ex.jpg

Romulan Male

KDF aligned

Upper Romulan Klingon 2
    Undershirt Romulan Klingon 1

body color clips through clothing / or the clothing isn't connected properly at the end, anyway there is a very visible line of body color in the middle of it as you can see in the screenshot

plz fix, do not want to use it like that.

body scaling options have no impact
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my Crew ( http://s7.directupload.net/images/130526/kx5h32kt.jpg ) would appreciate some more variety and better

Tattoos Tattoos Tattoos!

#1 more than just one layer plz. (5-8 should do it)

#2 Tattoos AND Scars at the same time should totally be an option (Nero had tattoos, a bitten off ear, and bitemarks from a battle with a Gorn... just for example).

...i guess a bitten off ear would be too much to ask for, eh?

for t3h inspiration :

http://i.imagebanana.com/img/741ai6ie/Tattoos.jpg
    http://rehsurc.deviantart.com/art/Romulan-Tattoo-174250271
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Ayel
    http://lunarlegend.deviantart.com/art/Romulan-2-144033572
    http://arunddd.deviantart.com/art/Star-Trek-The-Romulan-125439157
    http://myriahanyia.deviantart.com/art/Romulan-Commander-ReInvented-2-195110844
    http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/025/d/4/reboot_romulan_commander_by_melodicmadness-d382ay4.jpg
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs43/i/2009/155/5/5/Star_Trek_Nero_Tattoo_PS_Shape_by_Retoucher07030.jpg

btw. why do Romulans not have any beard options? was that forgotten or intentionally left out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    aracimiaaracimia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the skirts, but I honestly believe that faction aligned Romulans should have access to the full range (specifically the purchased options) for those factions.

I mean, my KDF aligned romulan can use the basic shoulderpads but not the Academy ones? :sadpanda:

Also, give us the option to remove those silly strips of ribbon off the rank shoulders for pitys sake, I love the shoulders but the clipping on the flappy bits sets my teeth right on edge.
  • Options
    frostythefettfrostythefett Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Romulan KDF aligned still has major clipping issues in the chest and back area.