What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Legacy of Romulus Uniform Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree that the undo button should be in there, it is just far too handy not to have.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    punktribblepunktribble Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've found the new uniform feature a pain in the TRIBBLE$......the older one was easier
  • Options
    fyyarprydefyyarpryde Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree that the undo button should be in there, it is just far too handy not to have.

I also was looking around for the undo button after I changed all the colors by accident.

Some of the straps on the chest gear clip, but look awesome nonetheless.

And finally, I love the Romulan republic uniforms, especially with that off-green and brown colors! :)
  • Options
    dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure it's been mentioned but:

Chest belts tend to do a lot of clipping, especially on females.

Klingon Romulan pants (both) clip over most boots (except oddly enough the Klingon Romulan boots).

Hivan's collar is available to Tovan.

There is a number of "empty" color options (options that do not affect color in any way).

Different color palates to different pieces: this makes it kinda annoying to try to match (for example the Reman Hood).

There are a number of pieces whose color is "linked" to another piece, and in one case linked to character skin color (ie change a color on the belt, and it changes the color on the hood).
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • Options
    kizkut1kizkut1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At lv 4, when I was told I received a new uniform reward pack. It wasn't in my inventory and when I went to the tailor, I had no new options. My uniform tab that chooses between off-duty and regular on the live servers was grayed out.

As for clipping, I noticed that any shirt with a collar has the tips sticking out when you also select the Survivor scarf.

Would post more, but server seems to be down :(
  • Options
    hypat1ahypat1a Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, so a couple of problems I'm finding:

Firstly, I find the new uniform picker is a bit confusing. The outfit choices are unpredictable in the way they display themselves for characters and bridge officers. And the character-specific items, while very cool, make it even more difficult to work out if everything's there that should be there, or if a character/Boff is missing items of uniform that they should have.

For my character, the uniform picker still only shows the initial choices from the game start - no Romulan Republic uniforms, no faction uniforms, no career-specific uniforms. You have to go into the advanced uniforms sector and try out all the tab options to find any trace of the new uniforms you're supposed to be acquiring.

For Tovan, a career-track uniform option gets shown in the main uniform picker (along with a female version) but it's for the wrong profession - he's supposed to be tactical, not an engineer.

By contrast, while Veril is an engineering officer, she's not offered an engineering uniform, or any career-track uniform.

Of the two science/medical track bridge officers, Hiven isn't offered a medical/science uniform - or isn't there an equivalent one for men to compliment Sontra's?

More generally, as mentioned by someone above, the klingon-romulan tight trousers are awesome, but they clip on all calf/knee-high boots except the klingon ones.

Relatedly (and if this isn't quite the right thread, I apologise) in the hair selector, if you select a light or artificial colour with one of the asymmetric bobs on a female character/Boff, there's an odd layer of lighter hair that clips into the style and leaves an odd patch at the back of the head.
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So a problem my fleet found: Since we can only use uniform pieces that we start with as fleet uniform pieces, we can't use the Romulan Republic, Romulan Federation or Romulan Klingon pieces for fleet uniforms.

Since (if I'm not mistaken) you can't join a fleet until after you choose an ally, those pieces should be allowed for fleets, since everyone in a fleet should be able to wear them unlike many other unlockable costume pieces.
  • Options
    dharmalogicdharmalogic Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would still like the option of 'no undershirt' for romulan males.

The Remens look great, but their spotted/mottled patterns don't appear on their chests and arms. They need texturing and coloration.

The Remens lack the pale gray/ashen skin and vein textures of Nemesis and Enterprise.

I think the verity of uniforms and the 'space cowboy' inspiration was well done. I like the option of donning a clean Republic uniform, or having my crew look like a rag tag group of Serenity Romulans. Well done.
  • Options
    cdmdrcrushercdmdrcrusher Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Overall it's awesome but it would be nice if you'd put the preset rom kllingon uniform with all the colors sine i like generic look not spending 10mn customizing the rom klink uniform the look like rom klink. Same applies for rom republice uniform. We want uniform presets! Open beta's up love you devvies!
  • Options
    malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's another thing... no ashen gray option for Remans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The hand on Rom toon is clipping deeply into the pouch worn over shoulder and on belt.

The Orion (KDF) uniform is clipping into the waste of the too's body.
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a whole the uniforms are ugly also when I tried to change the colors the color charts didn't have enough color selections and the ones they had were dull and lifeless.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/a144eb254139158 - Boots are showing through the pants.
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I enjoyed using the new UI to fashion a uniform for my toon. The visual displays of items, such as hairstyles, is nice. The Rommie UI looks and feels Rihannsu. The color palette needs some more work. Difficult to match colors for various parts of the uniform. I suggest simply copy/pasting the Fed color palettes to the other two. The diversity of the KDF colors has always been lacking and it appears so far the Romulans will be as limited to a different part of the spectrum.

I want the capability of walking around Qo'Nos and Mol'Rihan in some of the eye-hurting shades and styles I've seen on ESD. If Starfleet can have people outfitted in Easter Egg pastels which clash badly with each other, the KDF and the Rommies should be awarded similar abilities.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    suranyilaszlosuranyilaszlo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, I have some problem with the character generator program. 1. its good, that we have the option to see the different hair-styles and face-styles in the beginning, but sometimes it could be disturbingly much, so it would be more practical, if it would be an otional window, like the chat-window during the game. So you could close this function, when you dont need it, and open it, when you want to use it. 2., Sometimes, if you want to change the uniform styles from uniform/ off duty, the character generator starts the whole process anew from basic features, this mean, that even the face of the character is dissapears. I think, its a disturbing feature, I mean, I need the same face off duty as in duty, only the clothes are different, so to create the face anew is a problematic process.
  • Options
    drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    everything looks quite ok, but limiting colour options on some pieces to merry, pastel and eye-biting is a bad joke... to say the least - allow more natural colours! especially brown-greys, green-greys and green-browns

second thing is about interface, especially right side with thumbnails
    to put it simply - a HCI error, it's annoying, it keeps getting under cursor making uniform changes/character creation experience a nuisance - just get rid of it or allow as to turn it off
  • Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's a couple of things I've noticed:

Generic Romulan Boffs that you get from leveling up or from the vendor seem to have their second colour box linked between their jacket and undershirt. So if you change one, it changes both.

I could use different colours on my Captain and on the first few Boffs you get as part of the story (Tovan etc).

Also a generic Reman Boff I got seems to be missing the Romulan Republic boot options.
  • Options
    miquaimiquai Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I think it would be nice to have the "Undo" button back on the Customize Clothing screens! Thanks! :)
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like many features of the new Tailor but I have a few complaints.
    1st - The color palettes are inconsistent and confusing, some items have a full spectrum of colors and others only a partial one, all numbered differently, making color choices a needlessly complicated process.
    2nd - Having the facial and hair preset images placed around the character window is a really bad idea, it makes it far too easy for a player to radically change his or her character's appearance accidentally. The preset images should only appear with the preset costume windows but when a player selects the advanced customization slider options the preset images should disappear.
    3rd - There is no undo button making it hard to correct simple mistakes short of loading a saved costume image or starting over from scratch.
    4th - The Character window is far too dark making it hard to correctly choose colors and skin tones.
    5th - There are no facial hair options for Romulan males. They have 5 o'clock shadows so they must shave, their Vulcan cousins have full facial hair options so why don't Romulans?
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After finishing the Helix, and claiming the rewards. I accepted Satra and modified her uniform. I found the medical bag option clips inside the medical jacket on her left side. It looks like the strap goes through her jacket.

Also, I applied the Romulan Repulic 3 belt to her, same thing, clips on her left side. Part of the belt disappears into the medical jacket.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've said it in two other threads, so here's the mandatory three.

Please allow for the excellent new hair to cross species lines. There's no physiological reason why small forehead species (Romulans, Vulcans, Humans) to not be able to share the new hair, same as with the large forehead species (Andorians, Klingons, Denobulans).

The new hair you guys came up with is spectacular (And I hope you do more) Please don't restrict it. And why did human females only get one new haircut?!?

And to support the people just seeing it and those of us who have been saying it for a while, please enable a minimize function on the side portraits in the tailor, it gets in the way.
    I would still like the option of 'no undershirt' for romulan males.

The Remens look great, but their spotted/mottled patterns don't appear on their chests and arms. They need texturing and coloration.

The Remens lack the pale gray/ashen skin and vein textures of Nemesis and Enterprise.

I think the verity of uniforms and the 'space cowboy' inspiration was well done. I like the option of donning a clean Republic uniform, or having my crew look like a rag tag group of Serenity Romulans. Well done.

Please, Remans are not green, they're white. It keeps up their Nosferatu inspiration and reminds us that these are a people who haven't seen the sun in a hundred generations.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I think the new shoulder pad/rank decorations look silly/terrible at the centurion and subcommander level. They stick up awkwardly and just look like someone glued a plastic blob on my character. From the commander level and up the rank pads look really cool.
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only use those things if I want my character to look like George Jettson. they are just a little too retro sci fi.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tailor

After getting promoted to Centurion, went to the tailor. The shoulder pad insignia says Lt Commander, not Centurion.

Also, I would like to take a moment and give Cryptic a big THANK YOU! For allowing us to modify the initial bridge officer's uniforms. Tovan's wasn't too bad, Satra needed a little color, but Veril... I couldn't take her in that black clothing that looked like something out of a bad vampire movie.
  • Options
    neohunter200neohunter200 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic has done a great job with the new Romulan outfits. However, I do have a question.

After I allied myself with the Federation and the Romulan Federation outfits become available, I noticed that the Romulan Federation pants are not available for Veril. Is this a bug or is it supposed to work this way for all Remans?
  • Options
    hyoukihyouki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My romulan captain has still been getting a bit of the shirt clipping out between his shoulders in some animations with the Romulan Republic Uniform jacket 2. Usually this is when he's bent over to use a console (I noticed it consistently when stopping coolant leaks in Defera's Power Plant before the character wipe).

Also, the hair on the back of my head disappears when I'm in water (and one time in a cave).
  • Options
    enderssoupenderssoup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I noticed two things about the uniforms.

The color selection for certain items seem to be odd, limited selections for some items and other received a whole palette of hues.

And the uniforms do not fit smoothly onto the character, instead sort of cutting into the character to create a black void area. I noticed this particularly around the arm joint with a vest on.
    Excuse me, excuse me, would you mind stopping that darn noise?
    obscene gesture, vulcan neck pinch, claps, cheers
  • Options
    wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mattachine wrote: »
    Yes, for all that is holy, bring back the undo button!
    fyyarpryde wrote: »
    I also was looking around for the undo button after I changed all the colors by accident.

I couldn't agree more! I hate having to save my costume every single time I make a change because I can't just UNDO like I used to.
  • Options
    acavalloacavallo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Definite Clipping on the Rom uniform, I noticed it badly on the Female Science officer when in the medical jacket, adding Romulan bracers you see the jacket outside the bracers making it look weird.

Some clipping on the Male jacket and collar as well.
  • Options
    sythkainynsythkainyn Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Several of the belts and pouches clip rather noticeably with several of the shirts/tops. Actually I think all the belts except the male standard one did...

Please add more skirts for the Romulan faction females. (I didn't say women, because technically to be a man or a woman you have to be an adult Human of a particular gender (It's part of the definition of the word)...and they aren't humans. They're Romulans...)

Please add more of the nice new hairs with the nice textures that look more like hair, not that I dislike all the hairs that were there already... I like some of the short ones, close ones, and ponytails... Just that the new ones looked particularly hair like.

Please fix the back of the new (apparently Romulan only...damn it...) female hair. It's rather thin near the middle and you can see a bit of skin texture. This is likely to be more prominent on larger headed characters, possibly to the point of definite and obvious clipping.

Please add some less pointy Romulan tops (on the shoulders) and maybe a pair or two of good boots to the kdf that don't have spikes on them... not everything kdf has or needs spikes... maybe a dagger sheath inside the top or along the side...but not spikes...

I didn't check, but if you haven't, please fix the marauding kdf officer customization so that it works.

Please let me close the side box of face presets if I've hit the advanced buttons (like 'head' and 'body') because it is in the way and kind of annoying when I bring my mouse back across from turning the char to check how things look.

Please fix the makeup coloring (I only messed with coloring on the females...so I don't remember what the selection box is actually called) because it seems to be tied to the eye's iris color for some reason... and thank you for apparently fixing the annoying link between skin and eye 'whites' color box. It is possible an 'Alien' Species (the one named Alien, obviously...) only issue, I can't recall at the moment if I had the problem on the Reman (for makeup) or my boffs and orion (for the eye 'whites' on Holodeck).

It is difficult to see where exactly the slider box is on the bar. Perhaps make the bar wider then the selector or make the selector transparent in the middle so you can tell where the box lines are?

While I would like to see more styles (especially non-uniform tops for both genders, and more skirts for the females) and have a personal dislike for extra pointy garments... I thought most of the Romulan uniform options were well done. Although some of the garments had unusual color selections...and seemed to not have certain colors available... like true reds (something that's always annoyed me on the ship color selections) and both silver and gold are hard to get looking 'right'.

I seem to recall that the makeup selection for female characters was separate from the skin gradient/aging of their skin now, if that's right. Thanks. It was annoying having it the same selector.

By the way, it would be kind of nice to not have to change your rank badge every time you change ranks. I know that's part of why you get the free costume change at rank up but that's actually supposed to be part of the Ceremony when you get promoted... and have a ceremony... If I remember my dad's promotions right, he got one set, and had to buy more for his other uniforms. I don't remember if officers just needed to buy the clothe ones or if they had to buy extra sets of the pins beyond the first.
    How about giving a costume option to automatically adjust your rank badge when you're promoted (as well as the free costume change please) so that people who want to show off an incorrect rank (and those of use who don't show it at all) can continue to do so without making people go in and change it for themselves and their Boffs? My boffs normally don't show rank until they're commanders simply because I don't want to have to go change it or leave it 'wrong' until I fix it. Sorry if this is too out of place, but I figured Romulan outfits would be working the same on their rank badges...