What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What about the Borg Invasion

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If the thread was dealing with Klingon content, sure, but completely jacking a thread about the Borg Invasion and turning it into a 'I don't like this Gift Horse's Mouth' thread is something completely different.

Just because someone is unhappy that the Klingons don't have their own, exclusive content isn't reason to some in and batter down something the devs are doing in order to help both sides. If the Borg DSEs were Fed only I could understand being angry, but the developers are trying to give both sides content and doing what they can with the little resources available to them.

I know!! Shut down champions and move all those devs to STO muahahahahaha
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Fund it! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Fund it! :D

Well, I paid for 3 LTS's and 5 copies of the game. Plus some C-store points.... So I think I've maxed out my funding capability. Now if I was a millionaire, Sure, I'd donate to the cause. Maybe even buy the company outright.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well, I paid for 3 LTS's and 5 copies of the game. Plus some C-store points.... So I think I've maxed out my funding capability. Now if I was a millionaire, Sure, I'd donate to the cause. Maybe even buy the company outright.

They should just set up a 'Donate for Content' fund.

The only other possibility would be if Perfect World sends Cryptic a huge windfall of cash or tons more programmers.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    They should just set up a 'Donate for Content' fund.

The only other possibility would be if Perfect World sends Cryptic a huge windfall of cash or tons more programmers.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>

Still, this idea could work. Definately pump some money into the game. I'm a lifer, have like 4-5 copies of the game, 99% of Fed items in the C-Store (why are the ships so expensive, but so pretty. So very pretty). I'm personally tapped out.

Back to the Borg, I can't wait to see the new Borg coming out, especially with the new Infected. I only just discovered autofire on the ground (Sad I know, for a 500+ day vet) and now the whole system will change on me. Oh well, it will be awesome.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>

Still, this idea could work. Definately pump some money into the game. I'm a lifer, have like 4-5 copies of the game, 99% of Fed items in the C-Store (why are the ships so expensive, but so pretty. So very pretty). I'm personally tapped out.

Back to the Borg, I can't wait to see the new Borg coming out, especially with the new Infected. I only just discovered autofire on the ground (Sad I know, for a 500+ day vet) and now the whole system will change on me. Oh well, it will be awesome.

Who says the donate for content would be divided into klingon and fed oiptions? :p

As far as I know, the ground autofire was bugged, so I don't think your missing much.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Who says the donate for content would be divided into klingon and fed oiptions? :p

As far as I know, the ground autofire was bugged, so I don't think your missing much.

They'd have to split it that way to be fair. You know there are enough Feds to easily raise enough hell about this if there was a donation box for KDF only. I know I would donated to the Feds if I could earmark my donation for Poker on my ship.

Yeah, ground auto fire is a bit tempermental. I guess I will just wait until Season 4 and just get a minigun.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I like your conversation but we drifting the issue here,
    This tread was not talking about the Klingon's it was about the Borg .
    And what I was asking to the Dev team is this ?

• Are there nice epic scenery in this Borg invasion ?
    • How are they introduced to us ?
    • Is there an special reward coming or just dull ones ?
    • Is this with the allready new Borg or the old ones ?

Greets :eek:
  • Options
    edited June 2011

You keep your meathooks off of my Champs! \\(>.< ) You're getting a Borg Invasion!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    dstahl wrote: »
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ...(last stats shows KDF players were 18% of player base)...
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here it is again in case you missed it the first time:

18% !!

:eek:

NOW do you get why KDF material is in such low supply? There is simply very little demand for Klingon content. This means that 82% of the people who play Star Trek Online play under the flag of the Federation.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ... One species in particular is going to be heavily at risk to begin with... (and despite my earlier hints it is not the Gorn)...

Woha... I bet the Liberated Borg better go hide... Humans are a pain in the collectives hive b*tt .... Humans who were once assimilated... Oh my...

xD
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ThetaNine wrote:

18% !!

NOW do you get why KDF material is in such low supply? There is simply very little demand for Klingon content. This means that 82% of the people who play Star Trek Online play under the flag of the Federation.

So......this means bad news for all those people that want a playable Romulan faction,as their ingame population is zero ,there is zero demand for RSE content.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ThetaNine wrote:

18% !!

You'd think a 5th of the population would get a 5th of the content ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    SHARKFORCE wrote: »
    So......this means bad news for all those people that want a playable Romulan faction,as their ingame population is zero ,there is zero demand for RSE content.

lol, well said. :D

I do find it interesting that the KDF percentage has actually INCREASED since the last information we got (12%). This is after the Foundry came along and provided more story content for Klingon players. Verrry interesting. ;)

None of that sensical thinking around here Cavilier. If they did that, they might even see the percentage grow even MORE, then they'd be forced to create more and more content. It'd be neverending :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The KDF population is growing as you say due to foundry content and also most likely due to the fact that over time as fed players max their toon out to VA...making a kdf toon becomes an attractive proposition.

I didnt touch KDF till i had got my fed tac, eng and sci to VA
  • Options
    edited June 2011

A new faction would bring interest to the game. Also, it would be sellable on the C-Store (runs and hides for even mentioning the thought).

If you look at quality content given AFTER LAUNCH, they are almost equal. The story missions the feds lauched with are now archeic by the standards of the new missions. The Klingons have more new missions than the Federation. If you look at free content (not C-Store), then the content releases are near the same. Klinogns can level faster because the Empire Defense nebulas are glitched and only need (1/3) and not (3/3) to complete. The Klingon faction is way more complete than anyone gives it credit for, and the numbers of missions need to be viewed as no longer applicable because the old missions are little better than exploration clusters (which klingons have).
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    A new faction would bring interest to the game. Also, it would be sellable on the C-Store (runs and hides for even mentioning the thought).

If you look at quality content given AFTER LAUNCH, they are almost equal. The story missions the feds lauched with are now archeic by the standards of the new missions. The Klingons have more new missions than the Federation. If you look at free content (not C-Store), then the content releases are near the same. Klinogns can level faster because the Empire Defense nebulas are glitched and only need (1/3) and not (3/3) to complete. The Klingon faction is way more complete than anyone gives it credit for, and the numbers of missions need to be viewed as no longer applicable because the old missions are little better than exploration clusters (which klingons have).

My post was an answer to ThetaNine's comparison between Fed and KDF population vs content.

I do want the Romulan faction ingame,but not in a broken state.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    My post was an answer to ThetaNine's comparison between Fed and KDF population vs content.

I do want the Romulan faction ingame,but not in a broken state.

Agreed. But the KDF should be brought up some more beforehand, and the Romulans should have enough content before they launch.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Agreed. But the KDF should be brought up some more beforehand, and the Romulans should have enough content before they launch.

I couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I couldn't agree more.

We agree too much lol
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hey guys, maybe this was already addressed, but why is the Borg Invasion DSEs no longer on the calendar?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hey guys, maybe this was already addressed, but why is the Borg Invasion DSEs no longer on the calendar?

It was pushed back to around the S4 launch
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Here is a quote snipit from the Engineering Report.
    dstahl wrote:
    In addition, the Borg Invasion events that were planned for June have been moved to the release of Season 4. They deserve a little more time and some better rewards so that they aren’t just a re-hash of what was in Gamma Orionis.

-Auspice
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Due to the way the game shipped, the game is in a very difficult - almost impossible to catch up - chicken and egg scenario. The limited content teams that I have need to support the needs of the game and that means making content that is the biggest bang for the buck. My solution back when I took over as EP a year ago was faction neutral content that can be played at any level. This way ALL players benefit from the efforts of my content team, instead of just a few (last stats shows KDF players were 18% of player base).

Now - had the game launched with a full on KDF faction and that percentage was higher, then yes I could be splitting my content team between the two factions. But as it is, my best bang for the buck with what I have is to continue to make replayable and feature episode quality neutral content that everyone can play. In a few years of doing that - both factions will have more than enough PVE content to go from level 1 to Level 51 and the fact that the feds have a few more missions won't really matter.

If by some miracle, I get a much larger content team in the future, then I can have the resources to devote solely to the concept that if we built more KDF specific content, more KDF would come. However, last time we did that in Season 2, it just didn't work because we can't make enough to really make a dent. So either the content team spends 1 year doing nothing but KDF specific content, or we continue to make faction neutral content.

Hope you see why I'm focusing on what I'm doing. You may not completely understand all the details behind the situation, but I can say I'm doing my best to give the KDF *something* as often as possible in the hopes that down the road - the goal will be achieved - even if it is inch by inch.

Use the foundry. Use a small team to storyboard missions. Let players build them. Go to a school with game design and let them do class projects where they build a dozen missions. Then play those missions out to see which ones are best. Give them credit, maybe a couple of hundred bucks (that poses a lot of legal issues) or some cstore tokens or the like. Heck, give them some free in game stuff, or a real life t-shirt and plaque. Give people an overarching plot structure, and let them have at it.

On that thought, there's a lot you could do with the foundry. I'd like to see it set up so that you can fly to any star system, and it brings up a list of the foundry missions for that place.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ThetaNine wrote:

18% !!

Population off Klingons ??

There was 18 % off the population playing Klingon.
    Wonder why that is I take my Klingon because there is SO MUCH to do NOT.
    My Klingon is my main and LG as well you wanna know why because I wanted him to be LG, I wanted an High Score Klingon.
    But I can tell you this it where most off the times most annoying and SLOW going thing what I did online.

• Shooting Weapon Boxes
    • Shooting Borg Consoles
    • Shooting Space Debris

If they are so concerned about there buck give some bang rewrite the whole Klingon exploration stuff loose all these play zones and make them normal planets like in Fed Space what you can visit.
    Make a bunch off SP Missions on them, Like I stated before if you don't have the time use good foundry content . Or ask the public to help you to make missions select a bunch off good writers and ask them if they want to do an assignment. And in exchange they get something in return.
    You don't have to hire them and I think there is a bunch off people who like to help there MMO, Its for there own fun is it not ?
    Look what I trying to say if you don't upgrade it the program will always be the same if you want more players to there make an clip off the new season 4 Q'Nos and put it on YouTube .
    I allready had some players back who saw it and they said WE WILL COME BACK if it launches S4.
    And stop here go to tribble first and check out Q'Nos give Ideas to the Dev's instead of whining all day about the Klingon's because you know what Stahl said No good portion off Klingon's there will be NO Romulans or Cardesians.

Some nice chard comparison to what STO presents and what its in the real CBS Chard maps...

http://www.sttff.net/images/AST_klingon.jpg

Greets
  • Options
    edited June 2011

I understand your wants. I have nothing against Klingons. They never killed any of /my/ relatives. ;)

Please keep yourself aware of the real though I want to point out again what Dan said:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3598857&postcount=42

Due to the way the game shipped, the game is in a very difficult - almost impossible to catch up - chicken and egg scenario. The limited content teams that I have need to support the needs of the game and that means making content that is the biggest bang for the buck.

My solution back when I took over as EP a year ago was faction neutral content that can be played at any level. This way ALL players benefit from the efforts of my content team, instead of just a few (last stats shows KDF players were 18% of player base).

Now - had the game launched with a full on KDF faction and that percentage was higher, then yes I could be splitting my content team between the two factions. But as it is, my best bang for the buck with what I have is to continue to make replayable and feature episode quality neutral content that everyone can play. In a few years of doing that - both factions will have more than enough PVE content to go from level 1 to Level 51 and the fact that the feds have a few more missions won't really matter.

If by some miracle, I get a much larger content team in the future, then I can have the resources to devote solely to the concept that if we built more KDF specific content, more KDF would come. However, last time we did that in Season 2, it just didn't work because we can't make enough to really make a dent. So either the content team spends 1 year doing nothing but KDF specific content, or we continue to make faction neutral content.

Hope you see why I'm focusing on what I'm doing. You may not completely understand all the details behind the situation, but I can say I'm doing my best to give the KDF *something* as often as possible in the hopes that down the road - the goal will be achieved - even if it is inch by inch.

Anyways I want to keep the entire quote intact as you have to read it all to get the drive behind the dev's push to make a much content that is faction agnostic as is possible in order to deliver content to the most amount of players as is possible. That is the solution they have come up with and adopted. They are still cooking the sauce for this goose...it will take a long time to properly season.

I wish you Sharkforce and everyone else who plays STO the best experience possible.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ThetaNine wrote:
    I understand your wants. I have nothing against Klingons. They never killed any of /my/ relatives. ;)

Please keep yourself aware of the real though I want to point out again what Dan said:

Anyways I want to keep the entire quote intact as you have to read it all to get the drive behind the dev's push to make a much content that is faction agnostic as is possible in order to deliver content to the most amount of players as is possible. That is the solution they have come up with and adopted. They are still cooking the sauce for this goose...it will take a long time to properly season.

I wish you Sharkforce and everyone else who plays STO the best experience possible.
    ThetaNine wrote:

18% !!

Uhm,you were the one making the supply and demand comment and linked it to the 18% of the player base playing KDF.
    By your own reasoning,we will never see a 3rd faction.

ZERO population means ZERO supply as there is ZERO demand.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    J.Kirk wrote:
    Population off Klingons ??

There was 18 % off the population playing Klingon.
    Wonder why that is I take my Klingon because there is SO MUCH to do NOT.
    My Klingon is my main and LG as well you wanna know why because I wanted him to be LG, I wanted an High Score Klingon.
    But I can tell you this it where most off the times most annoying and SLOW going thing what I did online.

• Shooting Weapon Boxes
    • Shooting Borg Consoles
    • Shooting Space Debris

If they are so concerned about there buck give some bang rewrite the whole Klingon exploration stuff loose all these play zones and make them normal planets like in Fed Space what you can visit.
    Make a bunch off SP Missions on them, Like I stated before if you don't have the time use good foundry content . Or ask the public to help you to make missions select a bunch off good writers and ask them if they want to do an assignment. And in exchange they get something in return.
    You don't have to hire them and I think there is a bunch off people who like to help there MMO, Its for there own fun is it not ?
    Look what I trying to say if you don't upgrade it the program will always be the same if you want more players to there make an clip off the new season 4 Q'Nos and put it on YouTube .
    I allready had some players back who saw it and they said WE WILL COME BACK if it launches S4.
    And stop here go to tribble first and check out Q'Nos give Ideas to the Dev's instead of whining all day about the Klingon's because you know what Stahl said No good portion off Klingon's there will be NO Romulans or Cardesians.

Some nice chard comparison to what STO presents and what its in the real CBS Chard maps...

http://www.sttff.net/images/AST_klingon.jpg

Greets

Klingon homeworld now on tribble feels like an home to me now the content hope that is comming to ?!?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hey folks.
    You may wish to take your chat about Klingons into one of the many other threads on that topic and let this one be about the topic it was started for, Borg invasion, please? Thanks so much!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    J.Kirk wrote:
    Dear Dev's

Could you enlighten us a bit what will happen with this ?
    1. Will it be playable for all ranks ?
    2. Will there be an special reward ?
    3. What do they invade and why ?
    4. Will there be an Queen in the progress ?

I have tons off questions about this can you be an spoiler for once tell us an little from what to expect ?

Greets

1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. They are Borg,assimilation is all the reason they need.
    4. I'm not going to spoil the surprise. (yes,the Queen will show her assimilated face)